|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna use to look at the steamer and passengers?
(b) A lorgnette.
(d) Reading glasses.
2. What does Gurov's wife like to describe herself as?
(a) A righteous person.
(b) A thinking person.
(c) A pious person.
(d) An elegant person.
3. How old is Anna?
4. In what city does the novella begin?
5. Where do Anna and Gurov go after making love in Chapter 2?
6. What is another word for "harbor"?
7. What color eyes does Dmitri remark that Anna has?
8. What does Gurov note about Anna when he sees her walking?
(a) She is alone.
(b) She is with her husband.
(c) She seems very sad.
(d) She is with a friend.
9. What does Anna refer to her husband as being?
(a) A flunkey.
(b) A cad.
(c) A monster.
(d) An abuser.
10. What does Gurov have a great deal of disregard for?
11. What is the name of the protagonist in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(a) Anna Sergeyevna.
(b) Dmitri Dmitritch Gurov.
(c) Dmitri Sergeyevna.
(d) Dmitri Karamazov.
12. How many children does Gurov have?
13. Where does Gurov work?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A library.
(c) A bank.
(d) A university.
14. What does Anna's husband say he's having problems with in his letter in Chapter 2?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His legs.
(c) His depression.
(d) His back.
15. Of what faith is Anna's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What do Anna's features do following making love with Gurov?
3. How does Dmitri refer to women in general?
4. What kind of dog does Anna have?
5. What does Gurov remember while he looks at Anna after their first kiss?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)