|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Gurov been for a long time in his marriage?
2. How does Gurov describe his wife's intelligence?
(b) Above average.
3. What does Gurov remember while he looks at Anna after their first kiss?
(b) His wife.
(c) The women of his past.
(d) His children.
4. What do Anna's features do following making love with Gurov?
5. What time do Anna and Gurov begin meeting every day in Chapter 2?
(b) After dark.
(c) Three p.m.
(d) Five p.m.
6. Where does Gurov live?
(d) The provinces.
7. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 2?
8. What does Anna take no time in doing after the letter from her husband arrives in Chapter 2?
(a) Making love to Gurov.
(b) Packing her bags.
(c) Writing back to say she's staying.
(d) Calling an ambulance.
9. What color hair does Gurov's wife have?
10. In what city does the novella begin?
11. What does Anna use to look at the steamer and passengers?
(a) Reading glasses.
(c) A lorgnette.
12. What did Anna tell her husband before coming to Yalta?
(a) She was jealous.
(b) She was ill.
(c) She was leaving him.
(d) She was happy.
13. How does Gurov describe his wife's sense of grace?
14. What kind of dog does Anna have?
15. How long has Gurov been in town at the beginning of the novella?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna point out before she and Gurov go back to the hotel in Chapter 2?
2. How do the middle-aged women dress who come off the steamer in Chapter 2?
3. Where was Anna's husband's grandfather from?
4. Where does Gurov work?
5. How does Gurov feel about his wife?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)