|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna tell Gurov that she hates in Chapter 2?
2. How does Gurov compare Anna with the women of his past?
(a) She is young and inexperienced.
(b) She is crazy.
(c) She is experienced.
(d) She is dangerous.
3. What do the other vacationers refer to Anna as?
(a) The widow.
(b) The lady with the child.
(c) The pale lady.
(d) The lady with the dog.
4. Who do Anna and Gurov expect to arrive any day in Chapter 2?
(a) Her husband.
(b) His children.
(c) Her mother.
(d) His wife.
5. What is Anna's maiden name?
6. What color eyes does Dmitri remark that Anna has?
7. What does Gurov note about Anna when he sees her walking?
(a) She is alone.
(b) She seems very sad.
(c) She is with a friend.
(d) She is with her husband.
8. What does Anna take no time in doing after the letter from her husband arrives in Chapter 2?
(a) Making love to Gurov.
(b) Writing back to say she's staying.
(c) Calling an ambulance.
(d) Packing her bags.
9. What does the narrator compare Anna to in the scene following making love to Gurov?
(a) A painting.
(b) A dove.
(c) A flower.
(d) A mountain.
10. Where does Gurov work?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A university.
(c) A bank.
(d) A library.
11. What is another word for "harbor"?
12. What does Gurov eat in the room after making love to Anna?
(c) An apple.
(d) An orange.
13. What is the name of the restaurant where Gurov first sees Anna?
(c) Viex Carre.
14. How many children does Anna have?
15. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
(c) As if he'd just woken up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Anna when she married her husband?
2. How long does the drive to the train station take Anna in Chapter 2?
3. How is the weather in Chapter 2 while Gurov and Anna sit outside of town?
4. Where did Anna grow up?
5. What did Anna tell her husband before coming to Yalta?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)