|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Anna buy the scents which fill her room?
(a) A German shop.
(b) A Hawaiian shop.
(c) A Chinese shop.
(d) A Japanese shop.
2. What does Anna point out before she and Gurov go back to the hotel in Chapter 2?
(b) The birds.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The sunset.
3. Where did Anna grow up?
4. What is Gurov's marital status?
5. How long has Anna been living in her current town in Chapter 1?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
6. How does Gurov describe his wife's sense of grace?
7. Of what faith is Anna's husband?
8. What does Anna use to look at the steamer and passengers?
(c) A lorgnette.
(d) Reading glasses.
9. What do the other vacationers refer to Anna as?
(a) The lady with the dog.
(b) The pale lady.
(c) The lady with the child.
(d) The widow.
10. How many children does Gurov have?
11. What is Anna's maiden name?
12. What is the name of the protagonist in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(a) Dmitri Dmitritch Gurov.
(b) Anna Sergeyevna.
(c) Dmitri Sergeyevna.
(d) Dmitri Karamazov.
13. What does Gurov note about Anna when he sees her walking?
(a) She is with her husband.
(b) She is with a friend.
(c) She is alone.
(d) She seems very sad.
14. What does Anna's husband say he's having problems with in his letter in Chapter 2?
(a) His depression.
(b) His legs.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His back.
15. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Gurov's wife have?
2. What does Anna lose in the crowd of people in Chapter 2?
3. What does Gurov eat in the room after making love to Anna?
4. What does Gurov decide to do at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What does Anna tell Gurov that she hates in Chapter 2?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)