|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first breaks the silence while Gurov and Anna stare at the sea in Chapter 2?
(a) A child.
(c) The dog.
2. Where is the site of Gurov's vacation home?
3. How often does Gurov notice Anna in the beginning of her stay?
(d) Every few days.
4. What is Anna's maiden name?
5. What does Anna's husband say he's having problems with in his letter in Chapter 2?
(a) His legs.
(b) His depression.
(c) His back.
(d) His eyes.
6. Where did Anna grow up?
7. What did Anna tell her husband before coming to Yalta?
(a) She was jealous.
(b) She was happy.
(c) She was leaving him.
(d) She was ill.
8. What is the first place Gurov and Anna stop into after looking at the harbor?
(a) A French perfumery.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A Japanese shop.
(d) A provincial garden.
9. What is the color of Anna's dog?
10. Where do Gurov and Anna go to watch the arrival of the steamer?
(a) The beach.
(b) The mountain.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The pier.
11. What does the dog do in Chapter 1 when Gurov shakes his finger at it?
(a) Runs away.
12. What color hair does Gurov's wife have?
13. Where does Gurov work?
(a) A university.
(b) A library.
(c) A bank.
(d) A hotel.
14. How long does the drive to the train station take Anna in Chapter 2?
(a) Three hours.
(b) All day.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One week.
15. What does Gurov's wife like to describe herself as?
(a) An elegant person.
(b) A righteous person.
(c) A thinking person.
(d) A pious person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity do Gurov and Anna regularly do together late, near the end of Chapter 2?
2. At the end of Chapter 2, the narrator remarks that there was a whiff of what in the air?
3. Gurov thinks, before falling asleep, "There's something ________ about her, all the same."
4. How does Gurov describe his wife's intelligence?
5. What do the other vacationers refer to Anna as?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)