|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Anna when she married her husband?
2. What color eyes does Dmitri remark that Anna has?
3. How does Gurov feel about the fact that Anna had not been happy with him in Chapter 2?
4. What is Anna's marital status?
5. How old is Gurov?
(a) Close to fifty.
(b) Close to forty.
(c) Close to thirty.
(d) Close to twenty.
6. What do the other vacationers refer to Anna as?
(a) The widow.
(b) The lady with the dog.
(c) The pale lady.
(d) The lady with the child.
7. How long has Anna been in Yalta when she and Gurov first speak?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) One month.
8. Where do Gurov and Anna sit in Chapter 2 after they've left town?
(a) The cliff.
(b) The beach.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The mountain.
9. What does Anna refer to her husband as being?
(a) A cad.
(b) An abuser.
(c) A flunkey.
(d) A monster.
10. What does Anna lose in the crowd of people in Chapter 2?
(a) Her gloves.
(b) Her beret.
(c) Her lorgnette.
(d) Her parasol.
11. How many children does Anna have?
12. How long does the drive to the train station take Anna in Chapter 2?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) All day.
(d) One week.
13. How tall is Anna?
(c) Medium height.
(d) Very tall.
14. How much longer does Anna intend to stay in Yalta in Chapter 1?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
15. What does Gurov note about Anna when he sees her walking?
(a) She seems very sad.
(b) She is alone.
(c) She is with her husband.
(d) She is with a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gurov eat in the room after making love to Anna?
2. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
3. What kind of boat comes toward the pier before Anna and Gurov return to the hotel in Chapter 2?
4. How old is Gurov's daughter?
5. What does Anna point out before she and Gurov go back to the hotel in Chapter 2?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)