|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gurov's marital status?
2. Who walks up to Gurov and Anna while they watch the ocean in Chapter 2 after making love?
(a) A child.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A watchman.
3. What does Anna take no time in doing after the letter from her husband arrives in Chapter 2?
(a) Calling an ambulance.
(b) Making love to Gurov.
(c) Packing her bags.
(d) Writing back to say she's staying.
4. Where does Gurov work?
(a) A university.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A bank.
(d) A library.
5. What time of day does the steamer arrive in Chapter 2?
6. Where does Gurov live?
(a) The provinces.
7. Gurov thinks, before falling asleep, "There's something ________ about her, all the same."
8. What is Anna's maiden name?
9. Of what faith is Anna's husband?
10. Who is Anna expecting to join her on vacation?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
11. How old is Gurov's daughter?
12. How long has Anna been living in her current town in Chapter 1?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
13. Where does Gurov suggest they go after kissing Anna by the steamer?
(a) His hotel room.
(b) The shore.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) Her hotel room.
14. What does Gurov remember while he looks at Anna after their first kiss?
(a) His wife.
(b) The women of his past.
(c) His children.
15. What kind of boat comes toward the pier before Anna and Gurov return to the hotel in Chapter 2?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) A sailboat.
(c) A streamliner.
(d) A Theodosia boat..
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gurov a graduate of?
2. How is the weather in Chapter 2 while Gurov and Anna sit outside of town?
3. How is Anna's hair described?
4. Who first breaks the silence while Gurov and Anna stare at the sea in Chapter 2?
5. What does Gurov decide to do at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)