|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say she has always been burning with?
2. How old is Gurov?
(a) Close to twenty.
(b) Close to forty.
(c) Close to fifty.
(d) Close to thirty.
3. What color hair does Gurov's wife have?
4. What time do Anna and Gurov begin meeting every day in Chapter 2?
(a) Three p.m.
(b) Five p.m.
(c) After dark.
5. How much longer does Anna intend to stay in Yalta in Chapter 1?
(a) Two months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
6. What does Gurov decide to do at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Go to see Anna.
(b) Divorce his wife.
(c) Go to his daughter's house.
(d) Return to Moscow.
7. Who first breaks the silence while Gurov and Anna stare at the sea in Chapter 2?
(a) The dog.
(d) A child.
8. Who is Anna expecting to join her on vacation?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
9. How old was Anna when she married her husband?
10. How long has Anna been in Yalta when she and Gurov first speak?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
11. What is Anna's husband's surname?
(d) Von Diederitz.
12. Anna tells Gurov, "It's a good thing I'm going. It's _____."
(c) A sin.
13. What is Anna's marital status?
14. What is Anna's maiden name?
15. Where do Gurov and Anna go to watch the arrival of the steamer?
(a) The beach.
(b) The pier.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, the narrator remarks that there was a whiff of what in the air?
2. Where does Anna live?
3. What does the dog do in Chapter 1 when Gurov shakes his finger at it?
4. How many children does Anna have?
5. In what city does the novella begin?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)