|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the site of Gurov's vacation home?
2. How does Gurov describe his wife's sense of grace?
3. How old is Gurov's daughter?
4. With the women whom Gurov had lost interest in the past, what did their negligees look like to him?
(a) The scales of a dragon.
(c) The scales of a snake.
5. What does Anna lose in the crowd of people in Chapter 2?
(a) Her beret.
(b) Her parasol.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her lorgnette.
6. What color eyes does Dmitri remark that Anna has?
7. Where did Anna buy the scents which fill her room?
(a) A Chinese shop.
(b) A Japanese shop.
(c) A German shop.
(d) A Hawaiian shop.
8. Who walks up to Gurov and Anna while they watch the ocean in Chapter 2 after making love?
(a) A child.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A watchman.
(d) A sailor.
9. What is the name of the protagonist in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(a) Dmitri Karamazov.
(b) Anna Sergeyevna.
(c) Dmitri Sergeyevna.
(d) Dmitri Dmitritch Gurov.
10. Where does Gurov suggest they go after kissing Anna by the steamer?
(a) The restaurant.
(b) His hotel room.
(c) Her hotel room.
(d) The shore.
11. What is Gurov's marital status?
12. Of what faith is Anna's husband?
13. How tall is Anna?
(c) Medium height.
(d) Very tall.
14. What is Gurov a graduate of?
15. Where do Gurov and Anna sit in Chapter 2 after they've left town?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The beach.
(c) The cliff.
(d) The mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's husband's surname?
2. Where was Anna's husband's grandfather from?
3. Anna says, after making love to Gurov, "You'll be the first to ______ me now."
4. How much longer does Anna intend to stay in Yalta in Chapter 1?
5. Anna tells Gurov, "It's a good thing I'm going. It's _____."
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)