|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anna and Gurov sit near in Chapter 2 while out of town?
(a) A museum.
(b) A church.
(c) A school.
(d) A library.
2. How does Gurov describe his wife's sense of grace?
3. What does Anna tell Gurov that she hates in Chapter 2?
4. How does Gurov feel about his wife?
(a) He worships her.
(b) He despises her.
(c) He is jealous of her.
(d) He loves her.
5. Where do Gurov and Anna go to watch the arrival of the steamer?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The beach.
(c) The mountain.
(d) The pier.
6. What time of day does the steamer arrive in Chapter 2?
7. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 2?
8. What is the color of Anna's dog?
9. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
(a) As if he'd just woken up.
10. Where does Gurov see Anna repeatedly?
(a) In the park.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the cabaret.
(d) In the museum.
11. How long does the drive to the train station take Anna in Chapter 2?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) All day.
(d) One week.
12. How long has Gurov been in town at the beginning of the novella?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
13. Who walks up to Gurov and Anna while they watch the ocean in Chapter 2 after making love?
(a) A watchman.
(b) A child.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A sailor.
14. What does Gurov note about Anna when he sees her walking?
(a) She seems very sad.
(b) She is alone.
(c) She is with her husband.
(d) She is with a friend.
15. What color hair does Gurov's wife have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Anna have?
2. Where was Anna's husband's grandfather from?
3. How many houses does Gurov own in Moscow?
4. How old is Anna?
5. With the women whom Gurov had lost interest in the past, what did their negligees look like to him?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)