|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color eyes does Dmitri remark that Anna has?
2. What is Anna's husband's surname?
(a) Von Diederitz.
3. Who does the protagonist regard as irresolute and "hard to rouse"?
(c) The French.
4. What time of day does the steamer arrive in Chapter 2?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 2?
6. How do the middle-aged women dress who come off the steamer in Chapter 2?
(a) Like old ladies.
(b) In men's apparel.
(c) In coats and hats.
(d) Like girls.
7. What is the name of the protagonist in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(a) Anna Sergeyevna.
(b) Dmitri Karamazov.
(c) Dmitri Sergeyevna.
(d) Dmitri Dmitritch Gurov.
8. Of what faith is Anna's husband?
9. What activity do Gurov and Anna regularly do together late, near the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Ride bikes.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Take walks.
(d) Take cabs into Yalta.
10. How does Gurov feel listening to Anna bemoan her fate in Chapter 2?
11. Where did Anna buy the scents which fill her room?
(a) A Hawaiian shop.
(b) A Japanese shop.
(c) A Chinese shop.
(d) A German shop.
12. Where does Gurov suggest they go after kissing Anna by the steamer?
(a) Her hotel room.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) The shore.
(d) His hotel room.
13. What do Anna's features do following making love with Gurov?
14. What has become the topic of general conversation among the vacationers?
(a) The departure.
(c) A storm.
15. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
(a) As if he'd just woken up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dmitri refer to women in general?
2. What does Gurov decide to do at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What is Gurov's marital status?
4. How long has Anna been in Yalta when she and Gurov first speak?
5. What does Anna take no time in doing after the letter from her husband arrives in Chapter 2?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)