|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do Anna and Gurov begin meeting every day in Chapter 2?
(a) Three p.m.
(b) After dark.
(c) Five p.m.
2. Where does Anna live?
(b) The Netherlands.
(d) The provinces.
3. What does Gurov note about Anna when he sees her walking?
(a) She is with her husband.
(b) She seems very sad.
(c) She is alone.
(d) She is with a friend.
4. How does Gurov feel listening to Anna bemoan her fate in Chapter 2?
5. How does Gurov compare Anna with the women of his past?
(a) She is dangerous.
(b) She is crazy.
(c) She is young and inexperienced.
(d) She is experienced.
6. Of what faith is Anna's husband?
7. What does Anna point out before she and Gurov go back to the hotel in Chapter 2?
(a) The birds.
(b) The sunset.
(d) The sunrise.
8. What does Gurov have a great deal of disregard for?
9. What is Anna's husband's surname?
(b) Von Diederitz.
10. What does Gurov remember while he looks at Anna after their first kiss?
(a) His children.
(c) His wife.
(d) The women of his past.
11. What does the dog do in Chapter 1 when Gurov shakes his finger at it?
(b) Runs away.
12. How many children does Gurov have?
13. How does Gurov feel about his wife?
(a) He worships her.
(b) He is jealous of her.
(c) He despises her.
(d) He loves her.
14. Gurov thinks, before falling asleep, "There's something ________ about her, all the same."
15. Where do Gurov and Anna sit in Chapter 2 after they've left town?
(a) The beach.
(b) The mountain.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Anna say she has deceived in Chapter 2?
2. Who first breaks the silence while Gurov and Anna stare at the sea in Chapter 2?
3. How does Gurov describe his wife's intelligence?
4. In what city does the novella begin?
5. What do the other vacationers refer to Anna as?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)