|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dmitri refer to women in general?
(a) As "flowers."
(b) As "the stronger of the sexes."
(c) As "reliable."
(d) As "the lower race."
2. How does Gurov feel listening to Anna bemoan her fate in Chapter 2?
3. How many children does Gurov have?
4. What does Anna say she has always been burning with?
5. What does Anna's husband say he's having problems with in his letter in Chapter 2?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His depression.
(c) His back.
(d) His legs.
6. What is the name of the restaurant where Gurov first sees Anna?
(c) Viex Carre.
7. Anna tells Gurov, "It's a good thing I'm going. It's _____."
(d) A sin.
8. What kind of boat comes toward the pier before Anna and Gurov return to the hotel in Chapter 2?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) A Theodosia boat..
(c) A streamliner.
(d) A sailboat.
9. Where do Anna and Gurov go after making love in Chapter 2?
10. Anna says, after making love to Gurov, "You'll be the first to ______ me now."
11. Where do Gurov and Anna go to watch the arrival of the steamer?
(a) The mountain.
(b) The pier.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The beach.
12. What has Gurov been for a long time in his marriage?
13. Where did Anna grow up?
14. What is the color of Anna's dog?
15. How does Gurov feel about his wife?
(a) He worships her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He despises her.
(d) He is jealous of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the site of Gurov's vacation home?
2. What is Anna's marital status?
3. How does Gurov compare Anna with the women of his past?
4. How old was Anna when she married her husband?
5. In what city does the novella begin?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)