|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gurov feel listening to Anna bemoan her fate in Chapter 2?
2. What is Anna's maiden name?
3. Who walks up to Gurov and Anna while they watch the ocean in Chapter 2 after making love?
(a) A watchman.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A child.
(d) A sailor.
4. How tall is Anna?
(a) Medium height.
(b) Very tall.
5. How does Gurov describe his wife's sense of grace?
6. What does Gurov remember while he looks at Anna after their first kiss?
(a) The women of his past.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
7. What is Anna's husband's surname?
(c) Von Diederitz.
8. What is Anna's marital status?
9. What does Anna say she has always been burning with?
10. What does Gurov eat in the room after making love to Anna?
(a) An orange.
(b) An apple.
11. What time of day does the steamer arrive in Chapter 2?
12. What time do Anna and Gurov begin meeting every day in Chapter 2?
(a) After dark.
(b) Three p.m.
(d) Five p.m.
13. What do Anna's features do following making love with Gurov?
14. What does Anna point out before she and Gurov go back to the hotel in Chapter 2?
(a) The birds.
(b) The sunrise.
(d) The sunset.
15. How does Gurov feel about the fact that Anna had not been happy with him in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna says, after making love to Gurov, "You'll be the first to ______ me now."
2. How old is Gurov?
3. Where do Gurov and Anna go to watch the arrival of the steamer?
4. How many houses does Gurov own in Moscow?
5. What type of hat does Anna wear?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)