|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gurov have a great deal of disregard for?
2. What does the dog do in Chapter 1 when Gurov shakes his finger at it?
(c) Runs away.
3. Where was Anna's husband's grandfather from?
4. What is another word for "harbor"?
5. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
(b) As if he'd just woken up.
6. What feature of Anna's does Gurov dwell upon before sleeping in Chapter 1?
(a) Her waist.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her hair.
7. How does Gurov describe his wife's sense of grace?
8. What is Gurov's marital status?
9. What does Anna tell Gurov that she hates in Chapter 2?
10. Where does Gurov see Anna repeatedly?
(a) In the park.
(b) In the cabaret.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the museum.
11. Where did Anna buy the scents which fill her room?
(a) A Hawaiian shop.
(b) A German shop.
(c) A Japanese shop.
(d) A Chinese shop.
12. How often does Gurov notice Anna in the beginning of her stay?
(c) Every few days.
13. What does Anna take no time in doing after the letter from her husband arrives in Chapter 2?
(a) Making love to Gurov.
(b) Writing back to say she's staying.
(c) Calling an ambulance.
(d) Packing her bags.
14. How old is Anna?
15. Where do Anna and Gurov go after making love in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gurov suggest they go after kissing Anna by the steamer?
2. What kind of boat comes toward the pier before Anna and Gurov return to the hotel in Chapter 2?
3. Who do Anna and Gurov expect to arrive any day in Chapter 2?
4. What does Gurov note about Anna when he sees her walking?
5. How does Gurov feel listening to Anna bemoan her fate in Chapter 2?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)