|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other vacationers refer to Anna as?
(a) The widow.
(b) The pale lady.
(c) The lady with the child.
(d) The lady with the dog.
2. What type of hat does Anna wear?
(a) Floral hat.
(d) Top hat.
3. How many children does Gurov have?
4. Who do Anna and Gurov expect to arrive any day in Chapter 2?
(a) His children.
(b) His wife.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
5. Where does Gurov work?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A library.
(c) A university.
(d) A bank.
6. Gurov thinks, before falling asleep, "There's something ________ about her, all the same."
7. What do Anna and Gurov sit near in Chapter 2 while out of town?
(a) A school.
(b) A museum.
(c) A library.
(d) A church.
8. How do Anna and Gurov travel in Chapter 2 on their way out of town?
(a) By bus.
(b) By cab.
(c) Gurov's car.
(d) By train.
9. How long does the drive to the train station take Anna in Chapter 2?
(a) One week.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) All day.
10. With the women whom Gurov had lost interest in the past, what did their negligees look like to him?
(a) The scales of a dragon.
(b) The scales of a snake.
11. Where did Anna buy the scents which fill her room?
(a) A Chinese shop.
(b) A German shop.
(c) A Japanese shop.
(d) A Hawaiian shop.
12. What kind of dog does Anna have?
13. Where does Gurov see Anna repeatedly?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the cabaret.
(c) In the museum.
(d) In the park.
14. How old is Gurov's daughter?
15. Who does the protagonist regard as irresolute and "hard to rouse"?
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say she has always been burning with?
2. What does Anna tell Gurov that she hates in Chapter 2?
3. What feature of Anna's does Gurov dwell upon before sleeping in Chapter 1?
4. How does Gurov compare Anna with the women of his past?
5. Where was Anna's husband's grandfather from?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)