|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gurov's marital status?
2. What does Anna lose in the crowd of people in Chapter 2?
(a) Her lorgnette.
(b) Her beret.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her parasol.
3. What do the other vacationers refer to Anna as?
(a) The lady with the child.
(b) The lady with the dog.
(c) The pale lady.
(d) The widow.
4. Where do Gurov and Anna go to watch the arrival of the steamer?
(a) The pier.
(b) The beach.
(c) The mountain.
(d) The balcony.
5. What is the first place Gurov and Anna stop into after looking at the harbor?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A French perfumery.
(c) A provincial garden.
(d) A Japanese shop.
6. What feature of Anna's does Gurov dwell upon before sleeping in Chapter 1?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her waist.
7. Where do Gurov and Anna sit in Chapter 2 after they've left town?
(a) The mountain.
(b) The cliff.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The beach.
8. What is Gurov a graduate of?
9. Who walks up to Gurov and Anna while they watch the ocean in Chapter 2 after making love?
(a) A child.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A watchman.
10. What color hair does Gurov's wife have?
11. What does Gurov eat in the room after making love to Anna?
(b) An apple.
(d) An orange.
12. What color eyes does Dmitri remark that Anna has?
13. At the end of Chapter 2, the narrator remarks that there was a whiff of what in the air?
14. What does Anna use to look at the steamer and passengers?
(a) A lorgnette.
(b) Reading glasses.
15. What does the narrator compare Anna to in the scene following making love to Gurov?
(a) A flower.
(b) A dove.
(c) A painting.
(d) A mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Anna been in Yalta when she and Gurov first speak?
2. What is the name of the protagonist in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
3. Where does Gurov work?
4. What is the color of Anna's dog?
5. What is the name of the restaurant where Gurov first sees Anna?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)