|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has become the topic of general conversation among the vacationers?
(b) A storm.
(c) The departure.
2. What does the narrator compare Anna to in the scene following making love to Gurov?
(a) A painting.
(b) A flower.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A dove.
3. What color eyes does Dmitri remark that Anna has?
4. How long has Anna been living in her current town in Chapter 1?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
5. How old was Anna when she married her husband?
6. What does Anna refer to her husband as being?
(a) A flunkey.
(b) An abuser.
(c) A cad.
(d) A monster.
7. How do the middle-aged women dress who come off the steamer in Chapter 2?
(a) Like old ladies.
(b) Like girls.
(c) In coats and hats.
(d) In men's apparel.
8. What does Gurov note about Anna when he sees her walking?
(a) She seems very sad.
(b) She is with her husband.
(c) She is alone.
(d) She is with a friend.
9. How old is Gurov's daughter?
10. Who walks up to Gurov and Anna while they watch the ocean in Chapter 2 after making love?
(a) A child.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A watchman.
11. What do Anna's features do following making love with Gurov?
12. How long has Anna been in Yalta when she and Gurov first speak?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) One month.
(d) Five days.
13. Anna tells Gurov, "It's a good thing I'm going. It's _____."
(b) A sin.
14. What color hair does Gurov's wife have?
15. What is the first thing Anna says to Gurov?
(a) He bites."
(b) "Be careful."
(c) "He's afraid of you."
(d) "He doesn't bite."
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Anna's hair described?
2. What does Anna use to look at the steamer and passengers?
3. Where does Anna live?
4. What does Gurov have a great deal of disregard for?
5. What feature of Anna's does Gurov dwell upon before sleeping in Chapter 1?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)