|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gurov feel about his wife?
(a) He despises her.
(b) He worships her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is jealous of her.
2. What does Anna lose in the crowd of people in Chapter 2?
(a) Her beret.
(b) Her parasol.
(c) Her lorgnette.
(d) Her gloves.
3. How old is Anna?
4. How does Gurov feel about the fact that Anna had not been happy with him in Chapter 2?
5. Anna tells Gurov, "It's a good thing I'm going. It's _____."
(b) A sin.
6. What does Gurov have a great deal of disregard for?
7. What does Gurov note about Anna when he sees her walking?
(a) She is alone.
(b) She is with her husband.
(c) She is with a friend.
(d) She seems very sad.
8. What has Gurov been for a long time in his marriage?
9. How often does Gurov notice Anna in the beginning of her stay?
(d) Every few days.
10. What does Anna tell Gurov that she hates in Chapter 2?
11. What is Anna's husband's surname?
(b) Von Diederitz.
12. Where is Anna walking when Gurov first sees her?
(a) Into the museum.
(b) Along the promenade.
(c) Along the pier.
(d) Into the restaurant.
13. Who is Anna expecting to join her on vacation?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her sister.
14. What does the narrator compare Anna to in the scene following making love to Gurov?
(a) A dove.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A flower.
(d) A painting.
15. What time of day does the steamer arrive in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other vacationers refer to Anna as?
2. What does Gurov decide to do at the end of Chapter 2?
3. Whom does Anna say she has deceived in Chapter 2?
4. What type of hat does Anna wear?
5. What does Anna refer to her husband as being?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)