|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Gurov's wife have?
2. What does the narrator compare Anna to in the scene following making love to Gurov?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A dove.
(c) A flower.
(d) A painting.
3. Of what faith is Anna's husband?
4. What kind of dog does Anna have?
5. What does Gurov's wife like to describe herself as?
(a) A righteous person.
(b) A thinking person.
(c) A pious person.
(d) An elegant person.
6. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
(b) As if he'd just woken up.
7. How old is Gurov's daughter?
8. What does Anna's husband say he's having problems with in his letter in Chapter 2?
(a) His depression.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His back.
(d) His legs.
9. How old is Anna?
10. What does Gurov eat in the room after making love to Anna?
(a) An orange.
(d) An apple.
11. Whom does Anna say she has deceived in Chapter 2?
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
12. What time of day does the steamer arrive in Chapter 2?
13. What activity do Gurov and Anna regularly do together late, near the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Take cabs into Yalta.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Take walks.
(d) Ride bikes.
14. How does Gurov describe his wife's sense of grace?
15. Who walks up to Gurov and Anna while they watch the ocean in Chapter 2 after making love?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A child.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A watchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the protagonist in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
2. How old was Anna when she married her husband?
3. What is another word for "harbor"?
4. Anna says, after making love to Gurov, "You'll be the first to ______ me now."
5. How is Anna's hair described?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)