|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dog do in Chapter 1 when Gurov shakes his finger at it?
(a) Runs away.
2. Anna says, after making love to Gurov, "You'll be the first to ______ me now."
3. Where was Anna's husband's grandfather from?
4. How does Gurov compare Anna with the women of his past?
(a) She is experienced.
(b) She is young and inexperienced.
(c) She is crazy.
(d) She is dangerous.
5. How old is Gurov?
(a) Close to thirty.
(b) Close to forty.
(c) Close to twenty.
(d) Close to fifty.
6. What is the color of Anna's dog?
7. How long has Anna been living in her current town in Chapter 1?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
8. Who walks up to Gurov and Anna while they watch the ocean in Chapter 2 after making love?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A watchman.
(d) A child.
9. What do Anna and Gurov sit near in Chapter 2 while out of town?
(a) A library.
(b) A school.
(c) A church.
(d) A museum.
10. At the end of Chapter 2, the narrator remarks that there was a whiff of what in the air?
11. What has become the topic of general conversation among the vacationers?
(a) The departure.
(c) A storm.
12. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
(b) As if he'd just woken up.
13. How long does the drive to the train station take Anna in Chapter 2?
(a) Three hours.
(b) All day.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One week.
14. What do Anna's features do following making love with Gurov?
15. What feature of Anna's does Gurov dwell upon before sleeping in Chapter 1?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her waist.
(d) Her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. How many houses does Gurov own in Moscow?
3. Who first breaks the silence while Gurov and Anna stare at the sea in Chapter 2?
4. How does Dmitri refer to women in general?
5. Anna tells Gurov, "It's a good thing I'm going. It's _____."
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)