|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gurov note about Anna when he sees her walking?
(a) She is alone.
(b) She seems very sad.
(c) She is with her husband.
(d) She is with a friend.
2. What is the name of the protagonist in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(a) Dmitri Dmitritch Gurov.
(b) Dmitri Sergeyevna.
(c) Dmitri Karamazov.
(d) Anna Sergeyevna.
3. What is the name of the restaurant where Gurov first sees Anna?
(a) Viex Carre.
4. Who do Anna and Gurov expect to arrive any day in Chapter 2?
(a) His children.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) His wife.
5. What is the first thing Anna says to Gurov?
(a) He bites."
(b) "He's afraid of you."
(c) "Be careful."
(d) "He doesn't bite."
6. What kind of dog does Anna have?
7. What has become the topic of general conversation among the vacationers?
(b) The departure.
(c) A storm.
8. Where does Anna live?
(a) The Netherlands.
(d) The provinces.
9. Who does the protagonist regard as irresolute and "hard to rouse"?
(a) The French.
10. What is Gurov's marital status?
11. Where was Anna's husband's grandfather from?
12. How does Gurov feel listening to Anna bemoan her fate in Chapter 2?
13. What does Anna refer to her husband as being?
(a) An abuser.
(b) A monster.
(c) A cad.
(d) A flunkey.
14. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
(d) As if he'd just woken up.
15. What is Anna's marital status?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Anna walking when Gurov first sees her?
2. Where do Gurov and Anna sit in Chapter 2 after they've left town?
3. Gurov thinks, before falling asleep, "There's something ________ about her, all the same."
4. What does Anna use to look at the steamer and passengers?
5. What does Anna say she has always been burning with?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)