|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Anna grow up?
2. How does Gurov feel listening to Anna bemoan her fate in Chapter 2?
3. What does the dog do in Chapter 1 when Gurov shakes his finger at it?
(d) Runs away.
4. Where do Gurov and Anna go to watch the arrival of the steamer?
(a) The pier.
(b) The mountain.
(c) The beach.
(d) The balcony.
5. Where does Gurov see Anna repeatedly?
(a) In the museum.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the cabaret.
(d) In the park.
6. How long has Gurov been in town at the beginning of the novella?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
7. How long has Anna been in Yalta when she and Gurov first speak?
(a) Three days.
(b) One month.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two weeks.
8. What time of day does the steamer arrive in Chapter 2?
9. Where does Gurov live?
(b) The provinces.
10. How much longer does Anna intend to stay in Yalta in Chapter 1?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
11. What does Anna lose in the crowd of people in Chapter 2?
(a) Her parasol.
(b) Her beret.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her lorgnette.
12. What kind of boat comes toward the pier before Anna and Gurov return to the hotel in Chapter 2?
(a) A streamliner.
(b) A Theodosia boat..
(c) A fishing boat.
(d) A sailboat.
13. At the end of Chapter 2, the narrator remarks that there was a whiff of what in the air?
14. How often does Gurov notice Anna in the beginning of her stay?
(d) Every few days.
15. What is Anna's marital status?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Gurov have?
2. What kind of dog does Anna have?
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What does Gurov's wife like to describe herself as?
5. What do Anna's features do following making love with Gurov?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)