|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What show is being performed at the local theater in Chapter 3?
(a) The Phantom of the Opera.
(b) The Geisha Girl.
(c) The Bolshevik.
(d) The Beggar's Opera.
2. What do the other vacationers refer to Anna as?
(a) The lady with the child.
(b) The lady with the dog.
(c) The widow.
(d) The pale lady.
3. Anna tells Gurov, "It's a good thing I'm going. It's _____."
(d) A sin.
4. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
(a) Her lorgnette.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her boa.
5. What does the word "coxcomb" mean?
(c) Pretentious fop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gurov say to Anna when he approaches her in the theater?
2. What does Gurov consider the musicians at the theater to be?
3. Where do Anna and Gurov go after making love in Chapter 2?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, the narrator remarks that there was a whiff of what in the air?
5. Anna says, after making love to Gurov, "You'll be the first to ______ me now."
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)