|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna tell Gurov that she hates in Chapter 2?
2. What has become the topic of general conversation among the vacationers?
(b) A storm.
(c) The departure.
3. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
(a) Approach her husband.
(b) Speak to her.
(c) Sit down beside her.
(d) Say he loves her.
4. Who is Anna expecting to join her on vacation?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her aunt.
5. What does Anna lose in the crowd of people in Chapter 2?
(a) Her beret.
(b) Her lorgnette.
(c) Her parasol.
(d) Her gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna point out before she and Gurov go back to the hotel in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Anna go during the intermission?
3. What is another word for "harbor"?
4. What does the Governor's daughter wear at the theater?
5. Who first breaks the silence while Gurov and Anna stare at the sea in Chapter 2?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)