|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Pull yourself together"?
2. How does Chuck Brewer change physically?
3. What does Joan do to her feet while dancing on the balcony?
4. What does Felicia learn about Redmond in the maze?
5. When Joan goes to town in Terremoto, who is unfriendly and doesn't help her with using the correct words?
Essay Topic 1
Why can't Joan confront Marlene about their past encounters? Why does she hide in the ladies' room? Are there other examples in the novel where Joan responds in a similar manner? What does this suggest about Joan's character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Joan's father. What is her relationship with her father and what is his influence on her as a child?
Essay Topic 3
Does the ending of the novel suggest that Joan has some hope of retiring her former double life and becoming a person who enters into relationships with honesty? What does Joan's interaction with the reporter in the hospital suggest about how Joan has changed or not?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)