|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan realize her character Charlotte must do in her romance novel?
2. When will the mysterious man that Mr. Vitroni spoke to return to town?
3. How does Chuck Brewer change physically?
4. What is the relationship between Sam and Marlene?
5. As she is crouched behind her door in her flat in Terremoto, what does Joan do when she hears someone knocking at the door?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Joan's father. What is her relationship with her father and what is his influence on her as a child?
Essay Topic 2
Leda Sprott is an interesting minor character who influences Joan's belief in the occult. Discuss how Leda encourages Spiritualism in Joan at a young age and how Joan incorporates it into her life as an adult. In particular, address how Leda believes Joan is gifted and Joan's use of Automatic Writing to create Lady Oracle.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of Lady Oracle, Joan says she will stop writing romance novels and instead write Science Fiction. Why do you think Joan wants to stop writing romances? Do you think writing romances contributes to Joan's dishonesty? Would she write a good Science Fiction tale? Why or why not?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)