|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Joan's romance novel?
2. Who enters her flat while Joan is taking a bath?
3. Why does Chuck Brewer bring Joan a hat?
4. What stops Joan from trying to write a different kind of novel?
5. What animal does Joan help the artist bring home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of love does Royal Porcupine express for Joan?
2. Why does Royal Porcupine believe his art exhibit is important?
3. Why do you think Joan likes leading a dual life between Arthur and Royal Porcupine?
4. Describe Joan's plan to fake her death.
5. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
6. How does Joan let go of her past?
7. What role does the picnicking family play in Joan's plan to disappear?
8. Explain the circumstances and symbolism behind Joan's cut feet.
9. What are Paul's intentions towards Joan?
10. Why is Joan having trouble writing about her character Charlotte and the ending of her novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joan works on a novel while she's in Terremoto and has trouble creating the ending. Do you find the storyline of Stalked by Love and the characters Felicia and Charlotte reflective of Joan's own conflicts and fears? Provide examples that show how Joan's life gets written into Stalked by Love.
Essay Topic 2
Leda Sprott is an interesting minor character who influences Joan's belief in the occult. Discuss how Leda encourages Spiritualism in Joan at a young age and how Joan incorporates it into her life as an adult. In particular, address how Leda believes Joan is gifted and Joan's use of Automatic Writing to create Lady Oracle.
Essay Topic 3
As Joan sheds pounds, she makes the choice to become a new person to match her new image and calls herself Louisa K. Delacourt. Discuss the importance of this decision to Joan's future. Why is it a relief to her to be someone else?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)