|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Joan use to purchase a ticket to Rome?
2. What does Joan learn about herself at the end of the novel?
3. Who does Joan want to get out of jail in Toronto?
4. As Joan is writing her novel while in Terremoto, what character is she getting tired of because of their virtuous and tidy habits?
5. Who does Joan sees as she swims to shore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do people in town respond when they see Joan?
2. How does Joan deal with her belief that she is being held captive?
3. Describe Joan's plan to fake her death.
4. What is the significance of the discovery of Joan's buried clothes?
5. Explain how Joan uses lies to allow herself a vacation to Italy.
6. Why does the presence of the strange man who talks with her landlord spur Joan to action?
7. How has Joan accomplished a transformation at the end of the novel?
8. Explain the circumstances and symbolism behind Joan's cut feet.
9. What are Paul's intentions towards Joan?
10. Why do you think Joan likes leading a dual life between Arthur and Royal Porcupine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Arthur's political causes. Does he seem to have a positive influence on political change? Why is it ironic that he and his resurgence group plan to blow up the Peace Bridge?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Joan's actions that show her as a woman who is independent but also submissive to the men in her life. When she leaves her double life behind, how does she begin to show that she is becoming more assertive?
Essay Topic 3
Joan works on a novel while she's in Terremoto and has trouble creating the ending. Do you find the storyline of Stalked by Love and the characters Felicia and Charlotte reflective of Joan's own conflicts and fears? Provide examples that show how Joan's life gets written into Stalked by Love.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)