|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is E.P. Revele?
2. Why does Joan get scared when she's working on her novel in her apartment in Terremoto?
3. How does Paul escape from Poland during the Russian Invasion?
4. How does Joan view the two types of people in life?
5. When Joan is brought home by the man who unties her from the tree, what does Joan's mother accuse her of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is discovering that Paul writes romance novels valuable to Joan's life?
2. Describe Joan's first encounter with Arthur.
3. Describe Leda Sprott's appearance and her significance at Joan's wedding.
4. How does Joan change after becoming willing to publish Lady Oracle under her own name?
5. How does Joan allow Paul to treat her?
6. Why do the other girls treat Joan badly as they walk home from Brownies every Tuesday?
7. Why does Joan try to stop the publication of Lady Oracle?
8. Describe Joan's search for a fresh approach to her writing.
9. How is Joan's relationship with Arthur based on lies?
10. Why does Joan like to go to the movies with her Aunt Lou?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joan's relationship with her mother continues after her death through dreams and astral images. Describe two important scenes when Joan's mother appears and discuss their relevance to Joan's growth and self-acceptance.
Essay Topic 2
Joan works on a novel while she's in Terremoto and has trouble creating the ending. Do you find the storyline of Stalked by Love and the characters Felicia and Charlotte reflective of Joan's own conflicts and fears? Provide examples that show how Joan's life gets written into Stalked by Love.
Essay Topic 3
As Joan sheds pounds, she makes the choice to become a new person to match her new image and calls herself Louisa K. Delacourt. Discuss the importance of this decision to Joan's future. Why is it a relief to her to be someone else?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)