|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that Joan is living in Terremoto, what is happening with the sale of her book?
(a) No one is interested.
(b) Staying the same.
(c) Slight increase.
(d) Sales are rapidly increasing.
2. How does Joan plan to leave town?
(c) Borrow a car.
(d) To walk out unnoticed.
3. Why won't Joan write any more Costume Gothics?
(a) She doesn't have time.
(b) She has no more plot ideas.
(c) She forgot how.
(d) She thinks they are bad for her.
4. What does Joan find on her doorstep?
(a) A dead porcupine.
(d) A dead dog.
5. Toward the end of the novel, who does Joan imagine suffocating her while she relaxes on her balcony in Terremoto?
(a) Her mother's ghost.
(b) The Fat Lady.
(c) The Butcher.
(d) Her landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Joan use to purchase a ticket to Rome?
2. When does Chuck Brewer tell Joan he loves her?
3. What does Joan want to tell Arthur at the beginning of Chapter 27?
4. What character does Joan begin dreaming of again when Marlene moves in with her and Arthur?
5. Who sends an envelope filled with newspaper clippings to Joan in Terremoto?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)