|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan consider sending the police in Canada to let them know she's alive?
(a) A letter confessing her part in the plot.
(b) A finger, an autograph, or a tooth.
(c) A tape recording of her voice.
(d) A photograph of her and Mr. Vitroni.
2. How does Joan describe the townspeople's actions toward her?
(c) As a conspiracy.
3. What does Joan wash out in the basin?
(b) Coffee cup.
4. What does Mr. Morgan tell the police he heard while he was picnicking on the beach?
(a) A scream.
(b) A splash.
(d) The sound of a motor.
5. Why does the reporter lend Joan plane fare?
(a) To bribe her.
(b) So she can return to Canada to rescue Sam and Marlene.
(c) As a gift.
(d) For a ticket to France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arthur do to the police officer?
2. Now that Joan is living in Terremoto, what is happening with the sale of her book?
3. What action does Joan fear from Chuck Brewer?
4. What is the relationship between Sam and Marlene?
5. What does Fraser Buchanan threaten to reveal about Joan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joan's affair with Royal Porcupine affect her stability?
2. How does Joan use her novel to explore her own life?
3. Explain the circumstances and symbolism behind Joan's cut feet.
4. What is the significance of the discovery of Joan's buried clothes?
5. What kind of love does Royal Porcupine express for Joan?
6. How has Joan accomplished a transformation at the end of the novel?
7. Explain how Joan uses lies to allow herself a vacation to Italy.
8. Describe Joan's inconsistent behavior with the Resurgent group.
9. Why is it important that Joan decides to stay and defend herself rather than run?
10. Why does Royal Porcupine believe his art exhibit is important?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)