|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Joan and Royal Porcupine like to eat?
(a) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
(c) Burger King.
(d) Thai Palace.
2. As a result of the book, Joan has her first what?
(a) Trip to America.
(b) Vacation in Bahamas.
(c) Huge royalty advance.
(d) Television appearance.
3. What is the title of Joan's romance novel?
(a) Love in the Maze.
(b) Amazing Terrors.
(c) The Felicia Chronicles.
(d) Stalked by Love.
4. What is the relationship between Sam and Marlene?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are husband and wife.
(d) They are brother and sister.
5. Who gives an eye witness account of Joan falling off the boat?
(b) Children swimming.
(c) The picnicking family.
(d) Passing boaters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's profession who is looking for Joan in Terremoto near the end of the book?
2. What name does Joan use to purchase a ticket to Rome?
3. Who is Royal Porcupine?
4. Why can't Joan drive her car?
5. Who is Chuck Brewer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Joan accomplished a transformation at the end of the novel?
2. Describe Joan's plan to fake her death.
3. Why is it important that Joan decides to stay and defend herself rather than run?
4. Explain how Joan uses lies to allow herself a vacation to Italy.
5. How is the final chapter a resolution to Joan's lies and secrets?
6. Why does Royal Porcupine believe his art exhibit is important?
7. Describe Joan's inconsistent behavior with the Resurgent group.
8. Why do you think Joan likes leading a dual life between Arthur and Royal Porcupine?
9. How does Joan use her novel to explore her own life?
10. How does Joan deal with her belief that she is being held captive?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)