|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the reporter when Joan opens the door of her flat in Terremoto?
(a) Joan hugs him.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) He gets hit with the wine bottle.
(d) He runs away.
2. How does Joan help the political group?
(a) Leaves them alone.
(b) Moves out of the apartment.
(c) Cooks them food.
(d) Rents a car.
3. What does Joan want to tell Arthur at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) She has a new idea for a book.
(b) She loves to cook.
(c) She got a new job.
(d) She's having an affair.
4. What does Marlene claim she did to help Joan out of the water?
(a) Pull her out of the water.
(b) Throw her a rope.
(c) Jump in to save her.
(d) Throw her a life preserver.
5. Why won't Joan write any more Costume Gothics?
(a) She has no more plot ideas.
(b) She doesn't have time.
(c) She forgot how.
(d) She thinks they are bad for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Joan reveal about her source of inspiration?
2. What does Joan find on her doorstep?
3. What does Joan plan to steal?
4. Who says "Pull yourself together"?
5. Who moves in with Arthur and Joan?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)