|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Felicia learn about Redmond in the maze?
(a) He is devoted to her.
(b) He looks healthy.
(c) He is also lost in the maze.
(d) He is a killer.
2. What do the police find that makes them suspicious?
(a) Joan's dress.
(b) A life preserver.
(c) A note from Joan.
(d) Joan's shoes.
3. Who sees Felicia and Otterly in the maze?
(a) Tom the coachman.
(b) The maid.
4. Who is arrested for murder?
(b) Royal Porcupine.
(d) Sam and Marlene.
5. What does Joan bring the reporter in the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chuck Brewer change physically?
2. What stops Joan from trying to write a different kind of novel?
3. What does Joan plan to steal?
4. How does Joan describe the townspeople's actions toward her?
5. What action does Joan fear from Chuck Brewer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the picnicking family play in Joan's plan to disappear?
2. Explain how Joan uses lies to allow herself a vacation to Italy.
3. How does Joan's affair with Royal Porcupine affect her stability?
4. Describe Joan's plan to fake her death.
5. Explain the circumstances and symbolism behind Joan's cut feet.
6. Why does Joan feel she needs to disappear again?
7. Why is Joan having trouble writing about her character Charlotte and the ending of her novel?
8. What is the significance of the discovery of Joan's buried clothes?
9. Describe Joan's inconsistent behavior with the Resurgent group.
10. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)