|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan bring the reporter in the hospital?
2. What does Joan plan to steal?
(a) Marlene's diary.
(b) Arthur's money.
(c) Fraser Buchanan's notebook.
(d) Paul's new novel.
3. What does Joan do to her feet while dancing on the balcony?
(a) They swell up after dancing too much.
(b) Cuts them on glass.
(c) Gets them sunburned.
(d) A tarantula bites them.
4. How does Chuck Brewer change physically?
(a) Gets heavier.
(b) Cuts his hair and shaves his beard.
(c) Loses weight.
(d) Grows a beard.
5. When does Chuck Brewer tell Joan he loves her?
(a) Walking home after dinner.
(b) While she reads to him from her novel.
(c) While waltzing.
(d) After the explosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the four women Felicia meets in the maze?
2. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
3. Who enters her flat while Joan is taking a bath?
4. Toward the end of the novel, who does Joan imagine suffocating her while she relaxes on her balcony in Terremoto?
5. How does Joan help the political group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the presence of the strange man who talks with her landlord spur Joan to action?
2. How has Joan accomplished a transformation at the end of the novel?
3. Why does Royal Porcupine believe his art exhibit is important?
4. What is the significance of the discovery of Joan's buried clothes?
5. Describe Joan's inconsistent behavior with the Resurgent group.
6. At the end of Chapter 28, why does Joan feel she has to "get away, as quickly as possible?"
7. How is the final chapter a resolution to Joan's lies and secrets?
8. Explain how Joan uses lies to allow herself a vacation to Italy.
9. What kind of love does Royal Porcupine express for Joan?
10. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)