|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would Joan like to have visit her from the Other Side?
(a) Aunt Lou.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. Who moves in with Arthur and Joan?
3. What secret does Joan reveal about her source of inspiration?
(a) Gothic mysteries.
(b) Automatic writing.
(d) Political causes.
4. When will the mysterious man that Mr. Vitroni spoke to return to town?
(a) The next day.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Four days.
5. What kind of art does Joan find at the art show?
(a) Bronzes of animals.
(b) Bird watercolors.
(c) Freezers containing run-over dead animals.
(d) Porcupine sculptures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felicia learn about Redmond in the maze?
2. What does Marlene claim she did to help Joan out of the water?
3. What solution does Joan offer to Arthur's political group?
4. Who is Royal Porcupine?
5. What kind of swimmer does Joan's father say she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 28, why does Joan feel she has to "get away, as quickly as possible?"
2. Explain the circumstances and symbolism behind Joan's cut feet.
3. How does Joan take responsibility for her actions when she hears about Sam's arrest?
4. What role does the picnicking family play in Joan's plan to disappear?
5. Explain how Joan uses lies to allow herself a vacation to Italy.
6. How does Joan's affair with Royal Porcupine affect her stability?
7. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
8. Explain Arthur's response to the publication of Lady Oracle.
9. What is the significance of the discovery of Joan's buried clothes?
10. What are Paul's intentions towards Joan?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)