|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fraser Buchanan want from Joan?
(a) Twenty percent of her royalties.
(b) Help with publishing.
(c) A recommendation.
(d) An interview.
2. Who is arrested for murder?
(a) Sam and Marlene.
(b) Royal Porcupine.
3. What does Joan wash out in the basin?
(a) Coffee cup.
4. What does Marlene claim she did to help Joan out of the water?
(a) Pull her out of the water.
(b) Throw her a life preserver.
(c) Throw her a rope.
(d) Jump in to save her.
5. Who is watching the Olympic doubles figure-skating championships?
(a) Chuck Brewer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the older townspeople believe Joan will bring them?
2. What character does Joan begin dreaming of again when Marlene moves in with her and Arthur?
3. Who does Joan imagine is skating on the television program?
4. What is the title of Joan's romance novel?
5. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the circumstances and symbolism behind Joan's cut feet.
2. What role does the picnicking family play in Joan's plan to disappear?
3. Why does Royal Porcupine believe his art exhibit is important?
4. What is Joan's reaction when she sees Royal Porcupine turned into Chuck Brewer?
5. How do people in town respond when they see Joan?
6. How has Joan accomplished a transformation at the end of the novel?
7. How does Joan take responsibility for her actions when she hears about Sam's arrest?
8. How is the final chapter a resolution to Joan's lies and secrets?
9. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
10. What piece of evidence leads to Sam and Marlene's arrest?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)