|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that Joan is living in Terremoto, what is happening with the sale of her book?
(a) Sales are rapidly increasing.
(b) Slight increase.
(c) No one is interested.
(d) Staying the same.
2. What animal does Joan help the artist bring home?
3. When Joan is standing on the terrace in the middle of the night after awaking from a dream, who does she finally decide to stop trying to make happy?
(b) Aunt Lou.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
4. Why is Chuck Brewer interested in Arthur?
(a) He knew Arthur in high school.
(b) He wants to offer him a job.
(c) He wonders why Joan won't leave him.
(d) He wants to join his political cause.
5. What happens to the reporter when Joan opens the door of her flat in Terremoto?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) Joan hugs him.
(d) He gets hit with the wine bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fraser Buchanan want from Joan?
2. Why won't Joan write any more Costume Gothics?
3. Who says "Pull yourself together"?
4. Who is Royal Porcupine?
5. What solution does Joan offer to Arthur's political group?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joan deal with her belief that she is being held captive?
2. Explain Arthur's response to the publication of Lady Oracle.
3. How is the final chapter a resolution to Joan's lies and secrets?
4. How does Joan's affair with Royal Porcupine affect her stability?
5. How does Joan react when she reads the newspaper clippings that Sam sends her?
6. How does Joan use her novel to explore her own life?
7. What does the reappearance of The Fat Lady in Chapter 27 suggest about how Joan perceives herself?
8. What kind of love does Royal Porcupine express for Joan?
9. What is Joan's reaction when she sees Royal Porcupine turned into Chuck Brewer?
10. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)