|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Joan fear from Chuck Brewer?
(b) Making her cry.
(c) Bad driving.
(d) Exposing her past.
2. How does Joan help the political group?
(a) Rents a car.
(b) Moves out of the apartment.
(c) Leaves them alone.
(d) Cooks them food.
3. As Joan is writing her novel while in Terremoto, what character is she getting tired of because of their virtuous and tidy habits?
4. Who does Joan want to get out of jail in Toronto?
(a) Mr. Morgan.
(b) Sam and Marlene.
(d) Royal Porcupine.
5. Who enters her flat while Joan is taking a bath?
(a) Fraser Buchanan.
(b) Chuck Brewer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Joan use to purchase a ticket to Rome?
2. What does Arthur think of Joan's new book?
3. Who would Joan like to have visit her from the Other Side?
4. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
5. What does Joan want to tell Arthur at the beginning of Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 31, how is it clear that Joan is beginning to unravel?
2. Explain Arthur's response to the publication of Lady Oracle.
3. What is the significance of the discovery of Joan's buried clothes?
4. Why does Royal Porcupine believe his art exhibit is important?
5. What role does the picnicking family play in Joan's plan to disappear?
6. What piece of evidence leads to Sam and Marlene's arrest?
7. How has Joan accomplished a transformation at the end of the novel?
8. Describe Joan's plan to fake her death.
9. How does Joan use her novel to explore her own life?
10. What are Paul's intentions towards Joan?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)