|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insects does Joan feed sugar water?
2. What does Joan consider sending the police in Canada to let them know she's alive?
(a) A letter confessing her part in the plot.
(b) A tape recording of her voice.
(c) A finger, an autograph, or a tooth.
(d) A photograph of her and Mr. Vitroni.
3. What secret does Joan reveal about her source of inspiration?
(a) Political causes.
(b) Automatic writing.
(c) Gothic mysteries.
4. What does Felicia learn about Redmond in the maze?
(a) He is devoted to her.
(b) He is also lost in the maze.
(c) He is a killer.
(d) He looks healthy.
5. What does Joan wash out in the basin?
(d) Coffee cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will the mysterious man that Mr. Vitroni spoke to return to town?
2. When Joan is standing on the terrace in the middle of the night after awaking from a dream, who does she finally decide to stop trying to make happy?
3. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
4. What does Marlene claim she did to help Joan out of the water?
5. What do the police find that makes them suspicious?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Joan accomplished a transformation at the end of the novel?
2. Explain how Joan uses lies to allow herself a vacation to Italy.
3. What are Paul's intentions towards Joan?
4. How is the final chapter a resolution to Joan's lies and secrets?
5. Describe Joan's inconsistent behavior with the Resurgent group.
6. In Chapter 31, how is it clear that Joan is beginning to unravel?
7. What is the significance of the discovery of Joan's buried clothes?
8. What is Joan's reaction when she sees Royal Porcupine turned into Chuck Brewer?
9. What kind of love does Royal Porcupine express for Joan?
10. Explain Arthur's response to the publication of Lady Oracle.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)