|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fraser Buchanan want from Joan?
(a) Help with publishing.
(b) A recommendation.
(c) Twenty percent of her royalties.
(d) An interview.
2. What does Joan plan to steal?
(a) Marlene's diary.
(b) Fraser Buchanan's notebook.
(c) Arthur's money.
(d) Paul's new novel.
3. What does Felicia learn about Redmond in the maze?
(a) He is devoted to her.
(b) He is a killer.
(c) He is also lost in the maze.
(d) He looks healthy.
4. What is the name of the restaurant that Joan goes to with the Polish Count?
(c) Bitty Bit.
5. What does Joan use as a weapon to defend herself when a stranger knocks at her door in Terremoto?
(a) A wine bottle.
(b) Baseball bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would Joan like to have visit her from the Other Side?
2. Who enters her flat while Joan is taking a bath?
3. What does the landlord offer Joan when she tells him she doesn't want the stranger arrested?
4. What does Arthur do to the police officer?
5. Where do Joan and Arthur travel to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Paul's intentions towards Joan?
2. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
3. What does the reappearance of The Fat Lady in Chapter 27 suggest about how Joan perceives herself?
4. How does Joan deal with her belief that she is being held captive?
5. How does Joan let go of her past?
6. Explain Arthur's response to the publication of Lady Oracle.
7. What is the significance of the discovery of Joan's buried clothes?
8. In Chapter 31, how is it clear that Joan is beginning to unravel?
9. How is the final chapter a resolution to Joan's lies and secrets?
10. What is Joan's reaction when she sees Royal Porcupine turned into Chuck Brewer?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)