|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that Joan is living in Terremoto, what is happening with the sale of her book?
(a) Staying the same.
(b) Sales are rapidly increasing.
(c) Slight increase.
(d) No one is interested.
2. Where do Joan and Arthur travel to?
3. What does Fraser Buchanan threaten to reveal about Joan?
(a) Her past and double life.
(b) Her publishing contract.
(c) Her future plans.
(d) Her poor cooking skills.
4. Who confesses to the police that she took her father's dynamite?
5. What does Joan hide in Royal Porcupine's basement?
(b) Old pamphlets.
(d) Secret journals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joan believe is leaving her death notes?
2. Who does Joan sees as she swims to shore?
3. What does Joan realize her character Charlotte must do in her romance novel?
4. What character does Joan begin dreaming of again when Marlene moves in with her and Arthur?
5. What does the landlord offer Joan when she tells him she doesn't want the stranger arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What piece of evidence leads to Sam and Marlene's arrest?
2. Why is it important that Joan decides to stay and defend herself rather than run?
3. What role does the picnicking family play in Joan's plan to disappear?
4. What does the reappearance of The Fat Lady in Chapter 27 suggest about how Joan perceives herself?
5. Why is Joan having trouble writing about her character Charlotte and the ending of her novel?
6. What is the significance of the discovery of Joan's buried clothes?
7. How does Joan let go of her past?
8. How does Joan use her novel to explore her own life?
9. Explain Arthur's response to the publication of Lady Oracle.
10. At the end of Chapter 28, why does Joan feel she has to "get away, as quickly as possible?"
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)