|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police find that makes them suspicious?
(a) A note from Joan.
(b) Joan's dress.
(c) Joan's shoes.
(d) A life preserver.
2. Who sees Felicia and Otterly in the maze?
(a) The maid.
(d) Tom the coachman.
3. Who are the four women Felicia meets in the maze?
(a) They are all former Lady Redmonds.
(b) Four friends of hers.
(c) Four maids.
(d) Four long lost cousins.
4. What does Joan plan to steal?
(a) Arthur's money.
(b) Fraser Buchanan's notebook.
(c) Marlene's diary.
(d) Paul's new novel.
5. What does Mr. Morgan tell the police he heard while he was picnicking on the beach?
(a) A splash.
(b) The sound of a motor.
(d) A scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of art does Joan find at the art show?
2. When does Chuck Brewer tell Joan he loves her?
3. What does Redmond turn into when Felicia sees him in the maze?
4. Who does Joan sees as she swims to shore?
5. What is the man's profession who is looking for Joan in Terremoto near the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the presence of the strange man who talks with her landlord spur Joan to action?
2. What role does the picnicking family play in Joan's plan to disappear?
3. How has Joan accomplished a transformation at the end of the novel?
4. What is Joan's reaction when she sees Royal Porcupine turned into Chuck Brewer?
5. Why is it important that Joan decides to stay and defend herself rather than run?
6. Explain how Joan uses lies to allow herself a vacation to Italy.
7. What kind of love does Royal Porcupine express for Joan?
8. In Chapter 31, how is it clear that Joan is beginning to unravel?
9. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
10. What are Paul's intentions towards Joan?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)