|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joan help the political group?
(a) Rents a car.
(b) Moves out of the apartment.
(c) Leaves them alone.
(d) Cooks them food.
2. Who sends an envelope filled with newspaper clippings to Joan in Terremoto?
(c) Fraser Buchanan.
3. When Joan goes to town in Terremoto, who is unfriendly and doesn't help her with using the correct words?
(a) The butcher and his wife.
(c) Mr. Vitroni.
(d) Joan's mother.
4. Why does Chuck Brewer bring Joan a hat?
(a) He wants to elope with her.
(b) To avoid sunburn.
(c) For playacting.
(d) To wear in the garden.
5. Who does Joan want to get out of jail in Toronto?
(a) Sam and Marlene.
(c) Royal Porcupine.
(d) Mr. Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joan believe is leaving her death notes?
2. What is the name of the restaurant that Joan goes to with the Polish Count?
3. What action does Joan fear from Chuck Brewer?
4. How does Joan plan to leave town?
5. Why does Joan fall into the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Arthur's response to the publication of Lady Oracle.
2. What is Joan's reaction when she sees Royal Porcupine turned into Chuck Brewer?
3. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
4. In Chapter 31, how is it clear that Joan is beginning to unravel?
5. What does the reappearance of The Fat Lady in Chapter 27 suggest about how Joan perceives herself?
6. Why is it important that Joan decides to stay and defend herself rather than run?
7. How does Joan deal with her belief that she is being held captive?
8. What is the significance of the discovery of Joan's buried clothes?
9. Why does Joan feel she needs to disappear again?
10. Why is Joan having trouble writing about her character Charlotte and the ending of her novel?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)