|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of swimmer does Joan's father say she is?
2. Where do Joan and Arthur travel to?
3. As Joan is writing her novel while in Terremoto, what character is she getting tired of because of their virtuous and tidy habits?
4. What does Joan want to tell Arthur at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) She got a new job.
(b) She has a new idea for a book.
(c) She's having an affair.
(d) She loves to cook.
5. When Joan decides not to run away from Terremoto and returns to her flat, what does she decide she must do as she crouches behind the door?
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Defend herself.
(d) Work on her novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the four women Felicia meets in the maze?
2. What action does Joan fear from Chuck Brewer?
3. Why do Joan's fans contact her?
4. What is the man's profession who is looking for Joan in Terremoto near the end of the book?
5. What do the older townspeople believe Joan will bring them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joan's inconsistent behavior with the Resurgent group.
2. Why do you think Joan likes leading a dual life between Arthur and Royal Porcupine?
3. How does Joan deal with her belief that she is being held captive?
4. Why is it important that Joan decides to stay and defend herself rather than run?
5. What does the reappearance of The Fat Lady in Chapter 27 suggest about how Joan perceives herself?
6. How do people in town respond when they see Joan?
7. Explain Arthur's response to the publication of Lady Oracle.
8. Why does Royal Porcupine believe his art exhibit is important?
9. How does Joan let go of her past?
10. How does Joan's affair with Royal Porcupine affect her stability?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)