|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joan like to go to the movies with?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Aunt Lou.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. How does Arthur rescue Joan in front of the mirror?
(a) Helping her bandage a cut.
(b) Fighting off an intruder.
(c) By shaking her awake.
(d) Picking up broken pieces of glass.
3. Who is Leda Sprott?
4. What flower is the man in the ravine holding?
5. How does Joan first meet Paul, the Polish Count?
(a) Watching him at a sporting event.
(b) Through friends at a party.
(c) While at a resturaunt.
(d) After falling off a double-decker bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan start writing while living with Paul?
2. Whose death does Joan learn about in Chapter 11?
3. What kind of novels does Joan write?
4. How many lives does Joan believe she leads?
5. How does Arthur respond to Joan's bad cooking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Joan does not tell her husband Arthur that she writes Costume Gothic novels.
2. How does Joan change after becoming willing to publish Lady Oracle under her own name?
3. Who does Leda Sprott see standing behind Joan at the Spiritualists' meeting?
4. Describe Joan's first encounter with Arthur.
5. How is Joan's relationship with Arthur based on lies?
6. Why is Joan's childhood ballet recital such a traumatic experience for her?
7. Why does Joan like to go to the movies with her Aunt Lou?
8. How does Arthur make it easy for Joan to continue to lie to him?
9. How does Joan allow Paul to treat her?
10. Describe Joan's personality while in high school.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)