|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joan contact Arthur from Rome?
(b) Postcard with no address or signature.
(d) Telephone call.
2. In Chapter 12, how long does it take Joan to write a chapter of her novel?
(a) One week.
(b) Four days.
(c) One month.
(d) An afternoon.
3. Who is Leda Sprott?
4. Who is Joan named after?
(a) Joan Didion.
(b) Joan Crawford.
(c) Joan Rivers.
(d) Joan Black.
5. What title does the publisher give Joan's new book?
(a) The RedGold Lady.
(b) Lady Oracle.
(c) Glass Wings & Icicle Teeth.
(d) Love Sonnets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What photograph does Joan submit to the publisher?
2. Why does Joan begin to fear Paul?
3. What does Joan eat to make her mother angry?
4. What does Joan buy in Rome?
5. What does Terremoto mean in Italian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joan like to go to the movies with her Aunt Lou?
2. What is the significance of Joan seeing her mother's astral body?
3. Describe Joan's personality while in high school.
4. How does Arthur make it easy for Joan to continue to lie to him?
5. Describe Joan's search for a fresh approach to her writing.
6. What are some similarities between Joan and her character Charlotte?
7. Why does Joan try to stop the publication of Lady Oracle?
8. How does Joan use her personal fears and concerns within the plot of the novel she is writing?
9. Who does Leda Sprott see standing behind Joan at the Spiritualists' meeting?
10. How does Joan see her father differently after she returns home for the funeral?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)