|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does the publisher give Joan's new book?
(a) Lady Oracle.
(b) Glass Wings & Icicle Teeth.
(c) Love Sonnets.
(d) The RedGold Lady.
2. What job does Joan love doing at the Sportsmen's Show?
(a) Water girl.
(b) Ticket seller.
(c) Arrow girl.
(d) Food seller.
3. How much does Joan get paid for her first manuscript?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
4. Who says, "I have a good idea...Why don't we get married?"
5. What theme does Joan think she should add to her novels?
(a) Science Fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of novels does Joan write?
2. What letter is missing from Joan's typewriter?
3. What new thing does Joan try in Chapter 10?
4. What good news does Joan tell Arthur after meeting with Mr. Sturgess?
5. How does Arthur respond to Joan's bad cooking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joan like to go to the movies with her Aunt Lou?
2. Why is discovering that Paul writes romance novels valuable to Joan's life?
3. How does Joan use her personal fears and concerns within the plot of the novel she is writing?
4. How does Joan see her father differently after she returns home for the funeral?
5. How does Joan change after becoming willing to publish Lady Oracle under her own name?
6. Describe Leda Sprott's appearance and her significance at Joan's wedding.
7. How is Joan's relationship with Arthur based on lies?
8. Describe Joan Foster's state of mind in Chapter 1.
9. Why do the other girls treat Joan badly as they walk home from Brownies every Tuesday?
10. Explain why Joan does not tell her husband Arthur that she writes Costume Gothic novels.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)