|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur rescue Joan in front of the mirror?
(a) Fighting off an intruder.
(b) Helping her bandage a cut.
(c) By shaking her awake.
(d) Picking up broken pieces of glass.
2. What job does Joan take after high school?
3. When Joan is brought home by the man who unties her from the tree, what does Joan's mother accuse her of?
(a) Taking too long in the bathroom.
(b) Sneaking around.
(c) Eating too little.
(d) Talking loudly.
4. Who is coming to visit Paul?
5. Where does Joan go on Tuesday evenings as a young girl?
(b) Book club.
(c) Cello lesson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joan looks in the photograph album, what is wrong with the photos of her father?
2. Who is the main character in the book?
3. What does Joan try to help her write a new book using the new theme?
4. Where does Joan decide to move?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Joan's mother chastise her about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joan begin to take on a new identity after leaving home?
2. What are the implications of Joan sending Arthur a postcard from Rome?
3. Why is discovering that Paul writes romance novels valuable to Joan's life?
4. Why does Joan like to go to the movies with her Aunt Lou?
5. What role does Marlene Pugh reappearance in Joan's life play?
6. How does Joan use her personal fears and concerns within the plot of the novel she is writing?
7. How is Joan's relationship with Arthur based on lies?
8. How does Joan allow Paul to treat her?
9. Describe Arthur's state of mind in Chapter 20.
10. Why does Joan try to stop the publication of Lady Oracle?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)