|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Joan believe she excelled at in high school?
(a) Feeling confident.
(d) Making friends.
2. Who says, "I have a good idea...Why don't we get married?"
3. Who is Joan's fictional heroine?
4. What photograph does Joan submit to the publisher?
(a) Joan dressed in a gothic costume.
(b) Joan with her dog.
(c) Joan and Aunt Lou at the fair.
(d) Joan and Paul.
5. How does Joan react after her father tells her about her mother's death?
(a) Feels guilty and eats nearly everything in the refrigerator.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Talks with her father all night.
(d) Leaves the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Arthur protesting in the park?
2. How does Joan first meet Paul, the Polish Count?
3. Who does Joan like to go to the movies with?
4. What pet is Joan allowed to have?
5. What flower is the man in the ravine holding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joan Foster's state of mind in Chapter 1.
2. Describe Leda Sprott's appearance and her significance at Joan's wedding.
3. How does Joan see her father differently after she returns home for the funeral?
4. Why is Joan's childhood ballet recital such a traumatic experience for her?
5. Describe Joan's approach to meeting Paul and having a relationship with him.
6. What are some similarities between Joan and her character Charlotte?
7. Describe the significance of Aunt Lou's inheritance on Joan's life.
8. What role does Marlene Pugh reappearance in Joan's life play?
9. How is Joan's relationship with Arthur based on lies?
10. Why do the other girls treat Joan badly as they walk home from Brownies every Tuesday?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)