|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of accident does Joan use to fake her death?
(b) Car accident.
(c) Boating accident.
(d) Falling off a bridge.
2. What happens to Joan's hair while she's looking in the mirror in her bedroom when her parents go out?
(a) Turns white.
(b) Falls out.
(c) Gets cut.
(d) Catches on fire.
3. Who does Joan think stole the first eight pages of her manuscript?
4. When Joan returns to Arthur's flat in England, who is she surprised to see standing in the middle of the parlor?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A new roommate.
(c) Arthur's fellow protestor.
5. What does Joan remember as her favorite childhood activity?
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Watching her mother apply her makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joan react after her father tells her about her mother's death?
2. Who is near Joan's car when she returns from the post office in Terremoto?
3. What good news does Joan tell Arthur after meeting with Mr. Sturgess?
4. Who is Joan's fictional heroine?
5. How does Joan react when she sees E.P. Revele?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Arthur's state of mind in Chapter 20.
2. How does Joan use her personal fears and concerns within the plot of the novel she is writing?
3. How does Joan's mother try to control Joan's weight?
4. Why does Joan feel she needs to disappear again?
5. Describe Joan's search for a fresh approach to her writing.
6. What is the significance of the discovery of Joan's buried clothes?
7. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
8. How has Joan accomplished a transformation at the end of the novel?
9. What does the reappearance of The Fat Lady in Chapter 27 suggest about how Joan perceives herself?
10. Describe Joan's plan to fake her death.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)