|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joan think stole the first eight pages of her manuscript?
2. What does Joan buy in Rome?
(b) Portable typewriter.
3. Where does Joan visit her father?
(a) At home.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At the beach.
(d) At the hospital.
4. What happens to Joan's hair while she's looking in the mirror in her bedroom when her parents go out?
(a) Turns white.
(b) Gets cut.
(c) Catches on fire.
(d) Falls out.
5. In Chapter 12, how long does it take Joan to write a chapter of her novel?
(a) Four days.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) An afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joan decide to move?
2. What pet is Joan allowed to have?
3. How does Joan view the two types of people in life?
4. What does Joan hide from Arthur about her past?
5. Why does Joan get scared when she's working on her novel in her apartment in Terremoto?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joan's first encounter with Arthur.
2. Why is discovering that Paul writes romance novels valuable to Joan's life?
3. Who does Leda Sprott see standing behind Joan at the Spiritualists' meeting?
4. How does Joan allow Paul to treat her?
5. Describe Leda Sprott's appearance and her significance at Joan's wedding.
6. Describe Joan's personality while in high school.
7. How does Joan begin to take on a new identity after leaving home?
8. What are the implications of Joan sending Arthur a postcard from Rome?
9. Why does Joan want to start a new life?
10. How is Joan's relationship with Arthur based on lies?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)