|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan need to do to earn money so she can return to Canada?
(a) Finish her novel.
(b) Get a loan from Arthur.
(c) Sell her furniture.
(d) Get a loan from the bank.
2. Where has Joan met Marlene before?
3. Where does Joan decide to move?
4. What job does Joan love doing at the Sportsmen's Show?
(a) Water girl.
(b) Ticket seller.
(c) Food seller.
(d) Arrow girl.
5. What does Joan remember as her favorite childhood activity?
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Watching her mother apply her makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joan looks in the photograph album, what is wrong with the photos of her father?
2. What title does the publisher give Joan's new book?
3. Who is Joan's fictional heroine?
4. Why does Joan show up on Arthur's doorstep and ask to be his roommate?
5. How are Joan and her fictional character similar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joan Foster's state of mind in Chapter 1.
2. How does Joan allow Paul to treat her?
3. What are the implications of Joan sending Arthur a postcard from Rome?
4. How does Arthur make it easy for Joan to continue to lie to him?
5. Explain why Joan does not tell her husband Arthur that she writes Costume Gothic novels.
6. Why is discovering that Paul writes romance novels valuable to Joan's life?
7. Describe Joan's personality while in high school.
8. Who does Leda Sprott see standing behind Joan at the Spiritualists' meeting?
9. Describe Leda Sprott's appearance and her significance at Joan's wedding.
10. Describe Joan's approach to meeting Paul and having a relationship with him.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)