|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flower is the man in the ravine holding?
2. What happens to Arthur when his political causes fail?
(a) He travels to China.
(b) He finds a good job.
(c) He borrows money from Joan's father.
(d) He gets depressed.
3. Who gets the fortune "It is often best to be oneself."
4. Who is near Joan's car when she returns from the post office in Terremoto?
5. How does Joan first meet Paul, the Polish Count?
(a) Through friends at a party.
(b) While at a resturaunt.
(c) After falling off a double-decker bus.
(d) Watching him at a sporting event.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joan see at the Canadian National Exhibition?
2. What does Joan's husband Arthur not like about Joan's clothing choices?
3. What does Joan eat to make her mother angry?
4. What does Joan's mother do to her when Joan tells her she is planning to move from home?
5. What letter is missing from Joan's typewriter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Joan seeing her mother's astral body?
2. What are some similarities between Joan and her character Charlotte?
3. Why does Joan want to start a new life?
4. Describe Joan's first encounter with Arthur.
5. Describe Joan's search for a fresh approach to her writing.
6. Why does Joan find it difficult to write when Arthur is depressed?
7. How does Joan begin to take on a new identity after leaving home?
8. How does Joan see her father differently after she returns home for the funeral?
9. Why does Joan try to stop the publication of Lady Oracle?
10. Describe the significance of Aunt Lou's inheritance on Joan's life.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)