|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good news does Joan tell Arthur after meeting with Mr. Sturgess?
(a) She has a job lead for him.
(b) She is publishing a book.
(c) She is expecting a baby.
(d) She has won a vacation.
2. What does the landlord sell to Joan?
(a) An air conditioner.
(c) A painting.
3. What happens to Arthur when his political causes fail?
(a) He borrows money from Joan's father.
(b) He gets depressed.
(c) He finds a good job.
(d) He travels to China.
4. What title does the publisher give Joan's new book?
(a) Glass Wings & Icicle Teeth.
(b) The RedGold Lady.
(c) Lady Oracle.
(d) Love Sonnets.
5. What does Joan hide from Arthur about her past?
(a) Weight loss.
(b) Fear of heights.
(c) Love of coffee.
(d) Father's address.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mavis Quilp?
2. How does Joan view the two types of people in life?
3. When Joan looks in the photograph album, what is wrong with the photos of her father?
4. How does Joan feel when she can't find time to write?
5. What is the profession of Joan's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the discovery of Joan's buried clothes?
2. Describe Joan's inconsistent behavior with the Resurgent group.
3. What does the reappearance of The Fat Lady in Chapter 27 suggest about how Joan perceives herself?
4. How does Joan let go of her past?
5. How does Joan use her novel to explore her own life?
6. Describe Joan Foster's state of mind in Chapter 1.
7. What piece of evidence leads to Sam and Marlene's arrest?
8. How does Joan take responsibility for her actions when she hears about Sam's arrest?
9. Explain Arthur's response to the publication of Lady Oracle.
10. Describe Arthur's state of mind in Chapter 20.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)