|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Joan believe she excelled at in high school?
(c) Making friends.
(d) Feeling confident.
2. Who is E.P. Revele?
(a) Mr. Stewart.
(c) Leda Sprott.
(d) Mrs. Symons.
3. Where has Joan met Marlene before?
4. How does Joan learn of her mother's death?
(c) Phone call from her father.
5. What is the central health issue of Joan's childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joan go on Tuesday evenings as a young girl?
2. What flower is the man in the ravine holding?
3. What kind of dreams does Joan have of her mother?
4. What job does Joan take after high school?
5. What job does Joan love doing at the Sportsmen's Show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Paul's intentions towards Joan?
2. How does Joan use her novel to explore her own life?
3. Why does the presence of the strange man who talks with her landlord spur Joan to action?
4. Why is discovering that Paul writes romance novels valuable to Joan's life?
5. How does Joan allow Paul to treat her?
6. How does Arthur make it easy for Joan to continue to lie to him?
7. Describe Joan's personality while in high school.
8. Why is Joan's childhood ballet recital such a traumatic experience for her?
9. Why does Joan try to stop the publication of Lady Oracle?
10. Describe Joan's inconsistent behavior with the Resurgent group.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)