|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sees Felicia and Otterly in the maze?
(c) Tom the coachman.
(d) The maid.
2. Now that Joan is living in Terremoto, what is happening with the sale of her book?
(a) Slight increase.
(b) No one is interested.
(c) Sales are rapidly increasing.
(d) Staying the same.
3. What does Arthur do to the police officer?
(a) Argues with him.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Taunts him.
(d) Punches him.
4. What does Joan realize her character Charlotte must do in her romance novel?
(a) Find a new friend.
(b) Learn to paint.
(c) Enter the maze.
(d) Have a baby.
5. Who does Joan ask to help with her plan to get away?
(b) Chuck Brewer.
(d) Sam and Marlene.
6. Why does Chuck Brewer bring Joan a hat?
(a) To avoid sunburn.
(b) For playacting.
(c) To wear in the garden.
(d) He wants to elope with her.
7. How does Joan help the political group?
(a) Cooks them food.
(b) Moves out of the apartment.
(c) Rents a car.
(d) Leaves them alone.
8. Who is watching the Olympic doubles figure-skating championships?
(c) Chuck Brewer.
9. Who would Joan like to have visit her from the Other Side?
(a) Aunt Lou.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
10. When will the mysterious man that Mr. Vitroni spoke to return to town?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) The next day.
11. What does Arthur think of Joan's new book?
(a) He says it is a triumph.
(b) He is happy it is successful.
(c) He does not believe it is literary enough.
(d) He believes it is an attack on their marriage.
12. Where do Joan and Royal Porcupine like to eat?
(a) Burger King.
(b) Thai Palace.
(c) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
13. What character does Joan begin dreaming of again when Marlene moves in with her and Arthur?
(a) Brownie Leader.
(b) The Fat Lady.
(c) Leda Sprott.
(d) Aunt Lou.
14. What does Joan wash out in the basin?
(d) Coffee cup.
15. Who does Joan want to get out of jail in Toronto?
(a) Royal Porcupine.
(c) Mr. Morgan.
(d) Sam and Marlene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Joan help the artist bring home?
2. What action does Joan fear from Chuck Brewer?
3. Toward the end of the novel, who does Joan imagine suffocating her while she relaxes on her balcony in Terremoto?
4. What does Joan learn about herself at the end of the novel?
5. What does Joan believe will happen if she goes to the secluded house?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)