|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joan help the political group?
(a) Leaves them alone.
(b) Rents a car.
(c) Moves out of the apartment.
(d) Cooks them food.
2. As she is crouched behind her door in her flat in Terremoto, what does Joan do when she hears someone knocking at the door?
(a) She pretends she isn't there.
(b) She looks through the peep hole.
(c) She asks who is there.
(d) She decides to open the door.
3. How does Joan plan to leave town?
(a) To walk out unnoticed.
(c) Borrow a car.
4. What is the man's profession who is looking for Joan in Terremoto near the end of the book?
(a) Book publisher.
5. What does Joan hide in Royal Porcupine's basement?
(b) Secret journals.
(d) Old pamphlets.
6. What kind of boat does Joan rent?
7. Why does Joan fall into the water?
(a) Sam capsizes the boat.
(b) Marlene pushes her in.
(c) The boom hits her.
(d) She jumps off the boat.
8. Who is watching the Olympic doubles figure-skating championships?
(b) Chuck Brewer.
9. What does Joan plan to steal?
(a) Marlene's diary.
(b) Paul's new novel.
(c) Arthur's money.
(d) Fraser Buchanan's notebook.
10. What does Joan do to her feet while dancing on the balcony?
(a) Gets them sunburned.
(b) Cuts them on glass.
(c) A tarantula bites them.
(d) They swell up after dancing too much.
11. What does Arthur think of Joan's new book?
(a) He is happy it is successful.
(b) He does not believe it is literary enough.
(c) He says it is a triumph.
(d) He believes it is an attack on their marriage.
12. What do the police find that makes them suspicious?
(a) Joan's dress.
(b) A life preserver.
(c) Joan's shoes.
(d) A note from Joan.
13. Who sends an envelope filled with newspaper clippings to Joan in Terremoto?
(b) Fraser Buchanan.
14. When Joan wants to get out of her life, what does she plan to do at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) Get an advance from her publisher.
(b) Write more frequently.
(c) Fake her death.
(d) Leave with Paul.
15. Where do Joan and Arthur travel to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fraser Buchanan want from Joan?
2. As Joan is writing her novel while in Terremoto, what character is she getting tired of because of their virtuous and tidy habits?
3. How does Chuck Brewer change physically?
4. Who is arrested for murder?
5. Who does Joan want to get out of jail in Toronto?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)