|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Joan begin dreaming of again when Marlene moves in with her and Arthur?
(a) Brownie Leader.
(b) Aunt Lou.
(c) Leda Sprott.
(d) The Fat Lady.
2. What animal does Joan help the artist bring home?
3. Who considers herself an escape artist?
(a) Leda Sprott.
4. What happens to the reporter when Joan opens the door of her flat in Terremoto?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) Joan hugs him.
(d) He gets hit with the wine bottle.
5. What does Joan hide in Royal Porcupine's basement?
(b) Old pamphlets.
(d) Secret journals.
6. Who does Joan believe is leaving her death notes?
(a) Mr. Zerdo.
(d) Mavis Quilp.
7. Who does Joan ask to help with her plan to get away?
(a) Chuck Brewer.
(c) Sam and Marlene.
8. Why do Joan's fans contact her?
(a) For her agent's name.
(b) For advice on spiritualism and publishing.
(c) For copies of her books.
(d) To become friends.
9. Who are the four women Felicia meets in the maze?
(a) Four friends of hers.
(b) They are all former Lady Redmonds.
(c) Four long lost cousins.
(d) Four maids.
10. Why can't Joan seem to finish writing her romance novel?
(a) She spends too much time socializing instead of writing.
(b) She has decided to make it longer.
(c) She needs to rewrite the first chapter.
(d) She can't figure out a suitable ending.
11. Who does Joan sees as she swims to shore?
(b) The police.
(c) A picnicking family.
(d) Royal Porcupine.
12. What does Joan use as a weapon to defend herself when a stranger knocks at her door in Terremoto?
(b) A wine bottle.
(c) Baseball bat.
13. When Joan decides not to run away from Terremoto and returns to her flat, what does she decide she must do as she crouches behind the door?
(a) Work on her novel.
(b) Take a shower.
(d) Defend herself.
14. What does Arthur think of Joan's new book?
(a) He does not believe it is literary enough.
(b) He believes it is an attack on their marriage.
(c) He is happy it is successful.
(d) He says it is a triumph.
15. What is the title of Joan's romance novel?
(a) Stalked by Love.
(b) Love in the Maze.
(c) Amazing Terrors.
(d) The Felicia Chronicles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joan describe the townspeople's actions toward her?
2. What does Joan bring the reporter in the hospital?
3. What is the man's profession who is looking for Joan in Terremoto near the end of the book?
4. Who does Joan imagine is skating on the television program?
5. When Joan wants to get out of her life, what does she plan to do at the end of Chapter 28?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)