|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlene claim she did to help Joan out of the water?
(a) Throw her a rope.
(b) Pull her out of the water.
(c) Throw her a life preserver.
(d) Jump in to save her.
2. What kind of boat does Joan rent?
3. What is the name of the restaurant that Joan goes to with the Polish Count?
(a) Bitty Bit.
4. Who is arrested for murder?
(a) Royal Porcupine.
(d) Sam and Marlene.
5. When does Chuck Brewer tell Joan he loves her?
(a) While waltzing.
(b) While she reads to him from her novel.
(c) After the explosion.
(d) Walking home after dinner.
6. Who enters her flat while Joan is taking a bath?
(c) Fraser Buchanan.
(d) Chuck Brewer.
7. Where do Joan and Royal Porcupine like to eat?
(b) Thai Palace.
(c) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
(d) Burger King.
8. Who is watching the Olympic doubles figure-skating championships?
(c) Chuck Brewer.
9. What does Redmond turn into when Felicia sees him in the maze?
(a) Raging monster.
(c) Fearful weakling.
10. Why can't Joan seem to finish writing her romance novel?
(a) She needs to rewrite the first chapter.
(b) She can't figure out a suitable ending.
(c) She spends too much time socializing instead of writing.
(d) She has decided to make it longer.
11. What does Joan believe will happen if she goes to the secluded house?
(a) She will be happier with her housing conditions.
(b) She will be held prisoner.
(c) She will become more relaxed.
(d) Mr. Vitroni will protect her.
12. What does Joan hide in Royal Porcupine's basement?
(a) Old pamphlets.
(d) Secret journals.
13. When will the mysterious man that Mr. Vitroni spoke to return to town?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) The next day.
(d) One week.
14. What do the police find that makes them suspicious?
(a) A note from Joan.
(b) A life preserver.
(c) Joan's dress.
(d) Joan's shoes.
15. What animal does Joan help the artist bring home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fraser Buchanan want from Joan?
2. What happens to the reporter when Joan opens the door of her flat in Terremoto?
3. What action does Joan fear from Chuck Brewer?
4. In Chapter 33, who does Joan dream is dressed in a navy blue suit and crying behind locked glass doors?
5. What insects does Joan feed sugar water?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)