|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her landlord tells Joan about the stranger looking for her, what awakens Joan during the night?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) Neighbors making noise.
(c) Footsteps outside her window.
(d) Gurgling water from the basin.
2. What does Joan use as a weapon to defend herself when a stranger knocks at her door in Terremoto?
(b) A wine bottle.
(c) Baseball bat.
3. Who is Chuck Brewer?
(a) Royal Porcupine.
(d) Fraser Buchanan.
4. What does Marlene claim she did to help Joan out of the water?
(a) Throw her a rope.
(b) Pull her out of the water.
(c) Jump in to save her.
(d) Throw her a life preserver.
5. When Joan is standing on the terrace in the middle of the night after awaking from a dream, who does she finally decide to stop trying to make happy?
(a) Her father.
(b) Aunt Lou.
(d) Her mother.
6. Why won't Joan write any more Costume Gothics?
(a) She doesn't have time.
(b) She forgot how.
(c) She thinks they are bad for her.
(d) She has no more plot ideas.
7. What is the relationship between Sam and Marlene?
(a) They are husband and wife.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brother and sister.
8. Why can't Joan drive her car?
(a) The window is smashed.
(b) She has a flat tire.
(c) The gas has been drained.
(d) It has been stolen.
9. How does Joan describe the townspeople's actions toward her?
(d) As a conspiracy.
10. As Joan is writing her novel while in Terremoto, what character is she getting tired of because of their virtuous and tidy habits?
11. Who is arrested for murder?
(a) Royal Porcupine.
(d) Sam and Marlene.
12. As she is crouched behind her door in her flat in Terremoto, what does Joan do when she hears someone knocking at the door?
(a) She looks through the peep hole.
(b) She decides to open the door.
(c) She pretends she isn't there.
(d) She asks who is there.
13. Who are the four women Felicia meets in the maze?
(a) Four long lost cousins.
(b) They are all former Lady Redmonds.
(c) Four friends of hers.
(d) Four maids.
14. What name does Joan use to purchase a ticket to Rome?
(a) Joan Delacourt.
(b) Louisa K. Delacourt.
(c) Lou Foster.
(d) Joan Foster.
15. Who is Joan having an affair with?
(d) Royal Porcupine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Joan's romance novel?
2. Why is Chuck Brewer interested in Arthur?
3. What does Joan consider sending the police in Canada to let them know she's alive?
4. What kind of art does Joan find at the art show?
5. What does Joan hide in Royal Porcupine's basement?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)