|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends an envelope filled with newspaper clippings to Joan in Terremoto?
(d) Fraser Buchanan.
2. Who does Joan believe is leaving her death notes?
(b) Mr. Zerdo.
(c) Mavis Quilp.
3. What does Joan believe will happen if she goes to the secluded house?
(a) Mr. Vitroni will protect her.
(b) She will become more relaxed.
(c) She will be happier with her housing conditions.
(d) She will be held prisoner.
4. Why does Chuck Brewer bring Joan a hat?
(a) To wear in the garden.
(b) To avoid sunburn.
(c) For playacting.
(d) He wants to elope with her.
5. Who is Joan having an affair with?
(c) Royal Porcupine.
6. What do the police find that makes them suspicious?
(a) A note from Joan.
(b) A life preserver.
(c) Joan's shoes.
(d) Joan's dress.
7. Why does Joan fall into the water?
(a) She jumps off the boat.
(b) Marlene pushes her in.
(c) The boom hits her.
(d) Sam capsizes the boat.
8. What does Joan plan to steal?
(a) Arthur's money.
(b) Paul's new novel.
(c) Fraser Buchanan's notebook.
(d) Marlene's diary.
9. Where do Joan and Royal Porcupine like to eat?
(a) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
(b) Thai Palace.
(c) Burger King.
10. What does Joan do to her feet while dancing on the balcony?
(a) A tarantula bites them.
(b) Cuts them on glass.
(c) They swell up after dancing too much.
(d) Gets them sunburned.
11. What character does Joan begin dreaming of again when Marlene moves in with her and Arthur?
(a) Brownie Leader.
(b) Leda Sprott.
(c) Aunt Lou.
(d) The Fat Lady.
12. What happens to the reporter when Joan opens the door of her flat in Terremoto?
(a) He falls down the stairs.
(b) Joan hugs him.
(c) He gets hit with the wine bottle.
(d) He runs away.
13. What does Joan wash out in the basin?
(b) Coffee cup.
14. In Chapter 33, who does Joan dream is dressed in a navy blue suit and crying behind locked glass doors?
(a) Fraser Buchanan.
(b) Mr. Vitroni.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mr. Vitroni's father.
15. How does Chuck Brewer change physically?
(a) Gets heavier.
(b) Grows a beard.
(c) Cuts his hair and shaves his beard.
(d) Loses weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joan wants to get out of her life, what does she plan to do at the end of Chapter 28?
2. Who is Royal Porcupine?
3. When Joan goes to town in Terremoto, who is unfriendly and doesn't help her with using the correct words?
4. What does Joan hide in Royal Porcupine's basement?
5. When does Chuck Brewer tell Joan he loves her?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)