|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends an envelope filled with newspaper clippings to Joan in Terremoto?
(b) Fraser Buchanan.
2. What is the name of the restaurant that Joan goes to with the Polish Count?
(b) Bitty Bit.
3. Who is watching the Olympic doubles figure-skating championships?
(c) Chuck Brewer.
4. When does Chuck Brewer tell Joan he loves her?
(a) After the explosion.
(b) While she reads to him from her novel.
(c) Walking home after dinner.
(d) While waltzing.
5. What does Joan wash out in the basin?
(c) Coffee cup.
6. What name does Joan use to purchase a ticket to Rome?
(a) Joan Delacourt.
(b) Lou Foster.
(c) Joan Foster.
(d) Louisa K. Delacourt.
7. How does Joan plan to leave town?
(a) Borrow a car.
(c) To walk out unnoticed.
8. What stops Joan from trying to write a different kind of novel?
(a) Her belief in happy endings.
(d) Lack of encouragement.
9. What solution does Joan offer to Arthur's political group?
(a) To resolve issues peacefully.
(b) To blow up peace bridge.
(c) To stop acting out.
(d) To sleep on their ideas and decide in the morning.
10. Around the same time Joan is getting anonymous calls, who telephones and invites her to dinner?
(a) Mr. Morton.
(d) Chuck Brewer.
11. Where do Joan and Royal Porcupine like to eat?
(a) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
(b) Thai Palace.
(d) Burger King.
12. Why is Chuck Brewer interested in Arthur?
(a) He wants to join his political cause.
(b) He wants to offer him a job.
(c) He knew Arthur in high school.
(d) He wonders why Joan won't leave him.
13. When Joan is standing on the terrace in the middle of the night after awaking from a dream, who does she finally decide to stop trying to make happy?
(a) Her father.
(b) Aunt Lou.
(c) Her mother.
14. Where do Joan and Arthur travel to?
15. Who does Joan want to get out of jail in Toronto?
(a) Royal Porcupine.
(b) Sam and Marlene.
(c) Mr. Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the landlord's father discover?
2. Who gives an eye witness account of Joan falling off the boat?
3. What kind of boat does Joan rent?
4. Who moves in with Arthur and Joan?
5. When Joan goes to town in Terremoto, who is unfriendly and doesn't help her with using the correct words?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)