|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arrested for murder?
(a) Sam and Marlene.
(b) Royal Porcupine.
2. What does the landlord offer Joan when she tells him she doesn't want the stranger arrested?
(a) Helpful advice.
(b) A home away from town that she can rent.
(c) A ride to town.
(d) A stronger lock for her door.
3. When Joan decides not to run away from Terremoto and returns to her flat, what does she decide she must do as she crouches behind the door?
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Defend herself.
(c) Work on her novel.
4. What secret does Joan reveal about her source of inspiration?
(a) Automatic writing.
(b) Gothic mysteries.
(d) Political causes.
5. What is the man's profession who is looking for Joan in Terremoto near the end of the book?
(b) Book publisher.
6. What character does Joan begin dreaming of again when Marlene moves in with her and Arthur?
(a) The Fat Lady.
(b) Brownie Leader.
(c) Leda Sprott.
(d) Aunt Lou.
7. What does Joan use as a weapon to defend herself when a stranger knocks at her door in Terremoto?
(a) Baseball bat.
(b) A wine bottle.
8. What does Joan consider sending the police in Canada to let them know she's alive?
(a) A photograph of her and Mr. Vitroni.
(b) A tape recording of her voice.
(c) A finger, an autograph, or a tooth.
(d) A letter confessing her part in the plot.
9. Who are the four women Felicia meets in the maze?
(a) Four maids.
(b) They are all former Lady Redmonds.
(c) Four friends of hers.
(d) Four long lost cousins.
10. Who enters her flat while Joan is taking a bath?
(a) Fraser Buchanan.
(b) Chuck Brewer.
11. What does Felicia learn about Redmond in the maze?
(a) He looks healthy.
(b) He is a killer.
(c) He is devoted to her.
(d) He is also lost in the maze.
12. Who considers herself an escape artist?
(a) Leda Sprott.
13. Why does the reporter lend Joan plane fare?
(a) To bribe her.
(b) For a ticket to France.
(c) As a gift.
(d) So she can return to Canada to rescue Sam and Marlene.
14. What does Joan do to her feet while dancing on the balcony?
(a) A tarantula bites them.
(b) They swell up after dancing too much.
(c) Cuts them on glass.
(d) Gets them sunburned.
15. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
(a) A firefighter.
(b) A former journalist.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A publisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Royal Porcupine?
2. Who does Joan sees as she swims to shore?
3. Who does Joan believe is leaving her death notes?
4. Who does Joan want to get out of jail in Toronto?
5. What does Joan wash out in the basin?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)