|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chuck Brewer change physically?
(a) Loses weight.
(b) Grows a beard.
(c) Cuts his hair and shaves his beard.
(d) Gets heavier.
2. Why is Chuck Brewer interested in Arthur?
(a) He wonders why Joan won't leave him.
(b) He wants to offer him a job.
(c) He knew Arthur in high school.
(d) He wants to join his political cause.
3. Who sees Felicia and Otterly in the maze?
(c) Tom the coachman.
(d) The maid.
4. What do the older townspeople believe Joan will bring them?
(c) Good luck.
(d) Bad luck.
5. Who gives an eye witness account of Joan falling off the boat?
(a) Children swimming.
(c) Passing boaters.
(d) The picnicking family.
6. What name does Joan use to purchase a ticket to Rome?
(a) Lou Foster.
(b) Joan Delacourt.
(c) Joan Foster.
(d) Louisa K. Delacourt.
7. As Joan is writing her novel while in Terremoto, what character is she getting tired of because of their virtuous and tidy habits?
8. What does Joan find on her doorstep?
(b) A dead dog.
(d) A dead porcupine.
9. What kind of swimmer does Joan's father say she is?
10. What do the police find that makes them suspicious?
(a) Joan's shoes.
(b) A life preserver.
(c) Joan's dress.
(d) A note from Joan.
11. What is the relationship between Sam and Marlene?
(a) They are husband and wife.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) They are lovers.
12. Why does Joan fall into the water?
(a) Marlene pushes her in.
(b) She jumps off the boat.
(c) Sam capsizes the boat.
(d) The boom hits her.
13. When will the mysterious man that Mr. Vitroni spoke to return to town?
(a) Four days.
(b) One week.
(c) The next day.
(d) Two weeks.
14. When Joan goes to town in Terremoto, who is unfriendly and doesn't help her with using the correct words?
(b) Mr. Vitroni.
(c) Joan's mother.
(d) The butcher and his wife.
15. How does Joan plan to leave town?
(c) Borrow a car.
(d) To walk out unnoticed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Joan's romance novel?
2. Who moves in with Arthur and Joan?
3. What does Joan want to tell Arthur at the beginning of Chapter 27?
4. What does Joan plan to steal?
5. What does Joan do to her feet while dancing on the balcony?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)