|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joan describe the townspeople's actions toward her?
(c) As a conspiracy.
2. When will the mysterious man that Mr. Vitroni spoke to return to town?
(a) Four days.
(b) The next day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
3. What action does Joan fear from Chuck Brewer?
(a) Bad driving.
(c) Exposing her past.
(d) Making her cry.
4. What kind of art does Joan find at the art show?
(a) Bird watercolors.
(b) Porcupine sculptures.
(c) Freezers containing run-over dead animals.
(d) Bronzes of animals.
5. What kind of boat does Joan rent?
6. What does Arthur do to the police officer?
(a) Spits on him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Taunts him.
(d) Argues with him.
7. Who confesses to the police that she took her father's dynamite?
8. Who does Joan imagine is skating on the television program?
(a) The Fat Lady.
(c) A writer.
(d) Royal Porcupine.
9. Now that Joan is living in Terremoto, what is happening with the sale of her book?
(a) No one is interested.
(b) Staying the same.
(c) Slight increase.
(d) Sales are rapidly increasing.
10. Why do Joan's fans contact her?
(a) For copies of her books.
(b) For advice on spiritualism and publishing.
(c) To become friends.
(d) For her agent's name.
11. What does Fraser Buchanan want from Joan?
(a) Twenty percent of her royalties.
(b) A recommendation.
(c) Help with publishing.
(d) An interview.
12. Who is Chuck Brewer?
(c) Fraser Buchanan.
(d) Royal Porcupine.
13. What kind of swimmer does Joan's father say she is?
14. What does Joan learn about herself at the end of the novel?
(a) She is ready to move to Rome.
(b) The stranger will take care of her.
(c) That she has made a mess, but she will never be a tidy person.
(d) She is safe in Terremoto.
15. What is the title of Joan's romance novel?
(a) Love in the Maze.
(b) The Felicia Chronicles.
(c) Amazing Terrors.
(d) Stalked by Love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chuck Brewer change physically?
2. What secret does Joan reveal about her source of inspiration?
3. What does Mr. Morgan tell the police he heard while he was picnicking on the beach?
4. Who does Joan sees as she swims to shore?
5. What does the landlord offer Joan when she tells him she doesn't want the stranger arrested?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)