|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan plan to steal?
(a) Marlene's diary.
(b) Fraser Buchanan's notebook.
(c) Paul's new novel.
(d) Arthur's money.
2. Who gives an eye witness account of Joan falling off the boat?
(b) Passing boaters.
(c) The picnicking family.
(d) Children swimming.
3. Who does Joan imagine is skating on the television program?
(a) Royal Porcupine.
(c) A writer.
(d) The Fat Lady.
4. Who is watching the Olympic doubles figure-skating championships?
(b) Chuck Brewer.
5. Who confesses to the police that she took her father's dynamite?
6. What solution does Joan offer to Arthur's political group?
(a) To sleep on their ideas and decide in the morning.
(b) To blow up peace bridge.
(c) To stop acting out.
(d) To resolve issues peacefully.
7. Who would Joan like to have visit her from the Other Side?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Aunt Lou.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
8. Around the same time Joan is getting anonymous calls, who telephones and invites her to dinner?
(a) Chuck Brewer.
(b) Mr. Morton.
9. What do the older townspeople believe Joan will bring them?
(a) Bad luck.
(c) Good luck.
10. Who sends an envelope filled with newspaper clippings to Joan in Terremoto?
(d) Fraser Buchanan.
11. Who are the four women Felicia meets in the maze?
(a) They are all former Lady Redmonds.
(b) Four friends of hers.
(c) Four long lost cousins.
(d) Four maids.
12. What does Joan believe will happen if she goes to the secluded house?
(a) She will be held prisoner.
(b) She will be happier with her housing conditions.
(c) Mr. Vitroni will protect her.
(d) She will become more relaxed.
13. What kind of swimmer does Joan's father say she is?
14. What does Joan do to her feet while dancing on the balcony?
(a) Gets them sunburned.
(b) Cuts them on glass.
(c) They swell up after dancing too much.
(d) A tarantula bites them.
15. What animal does Joan help the artist bring home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan bring the reporter in the hospital?
2. What secret does Joan reveal about her source of inspiration?
3. What does Joan tell her landlord about why the man is looking for her?
4. What is the title of Joan's romance novel?
5. What kind of boat does Joan rent?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)