|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will the mysterious man that Mr. Vitroni spoke to return to town?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Four days.
(d) The next day.
2. Who sends an envelope filled with newspaper clippings to Joan in Terremoto?
(a) Fraser Buchanan.
3. What does Joan realize her character Charlotte must do in her romance novel?
(a) Have a baby.
(b) Find a new friend.
(c) Enter the maze.
(d) Learn to paint.
4. What does Joan want to tell Arthur at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) She's having an affair.
(b) She has a new idea for a book.
(c) She loves to cook.
(d) She got a new job.
5. What does Joan do to her feet while dancing on the balcony?
(a) A tarantula bites them.
(b) Gets them sunburned.
(c) Cuts them on glass.
(d) They swell up after dancing too much.
6. What solution does Joan offer to Arthur's political group?
(a) To sleep on their ideas and decide in the morning.
(b) To resolve issues peacefully.
(c) To blow up peace bridge.
(d) To stop acting out.
7. After her landlord tells Joan about the stranger looking for her, what awakens Joan during the night?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) Footsteps outside her window.
(c) Neighbors making noise.
(d) Gurgling water from the basin.
8. What does Felicia learn about Redmond in the maze?
(a) He is a killer.
(b) He looks healthy.
(c) He is devoted to her.
(d) He is also lost in the maze.
9. Who considers herself an escape artist?
(c) Leda Sprott.
10. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
(a) A firefighter.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A former journalist.
11. What name does Joan use to purchase a ticket to Rome?
(a) Joan Foster.
(b) Joan Delacourt.
(c) Louisa K. Delacourt.
(d) Lou Foster.
12. Who are the four women Felicia meets in the maze?
(a) Four friends of hers.
(b) Four long lost cousins.
(c) They are all former Lady Redmonds.
(d) Four maids.
13. Why does the reporter lend Joan plane fare?
(a) For a ticket to France.
(b) So she can return to Canada to rescue Sam and Marlene.
(c) As a gift.
(d) To bribe her.
14. What does Joan wash out in the basin?
(a) Coffee cup.
15. What do the police find that makes them suspicious?
(a) Joan's dress.
(b) Joan's shoes.
(c) A life preserver.
(d) A note from Joan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters her flat while Joan is taking a bath?
2. What does Joan bring the reporter in the hospital?
3. What do the older townspeople believe Joan will bring them?
4. Around the same time Joan is getting anonymous calls, who telephones and invites her to dinner?
5. How does Joan help the political group?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)