|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the four women Felicia meets in the maze?
(a) Four long lost cousins.
(b) Four friends of hers.
(c) Four maids.
(d) They are all former Lady Redmonds.
2. What kind of swimmer does Joan's father say she is?
3. Why does Chuck Brewer bring Joan a hat?
(a) He wants to elope with her.
(b) To wear in the garden.
(c) For playacting.
(d) To avoid sunburn.
4. What is the man's profession who is looking for Joan in Terremoto near the end of the book?
(b) Book publisher.
5. What does Joan plan to steal?
(a) Fraser Buchanan's notebook.
(b) Paul's new novel.
(c) Arthur's money.
(d) Marlene's diary.
6. What animal does Joan help the artist bring home?
7. Where do Joan and Arthur travel to?
8. What does Arthur do to the police officer?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Taunts him.
(d) Argues with him.
9. What action does Joan fear from Chuck Brewer?
(a) Making her cry.
(b) Exposing her past.
(d) Bad driving.
10. What is the name of the restaurant that Joan goes to with the Polish Count?
(d) Bitty Bit.
11. How does Joan plan to leave town?
(c) Borrow a car.
(d) To walk out unnoticed.
12. Who is Chuck Brewer?
(a) Fraser Buchanan.
(c) Royal Porcupine.
13. In Chapter 33, who does Joan dream is dressed in a navy blue suit and crying behind locked glass doors?
(a) Mr. Vitroni's father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mr. Vitroni.
(d) Fraser Buchanan.
14. When Joan is standing on the terrace in the middle of the night after awaking from a dream, who does she finally decide to stop trying to make happy?
(b) Aunt Lou.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
15. Why does the reporter lend Joan plane fare?
(a) So she can return to Canada to rescue Sam and Marlene.
(b) As a gift.
(c) To bribe her.
(d) For a ticket to France.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chuck Brewer tell Joan he loves her?
2. Who gives an eye witness account of Joan falling off the boat?
3. What do the police find that makes them suspicious?
4. What does Marlene claim she did to help Joan out of the water?
5. What insects does Joan feed sugar water?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)