|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fraser Buchanan threaten to reveal about Joan?
(a) Her poor cooking skills.
(b) Her future plans.
(c) Her publishing contract.
(d) Her past and double life.
2. How does Joan help the political group?
(a) Rents a car.
(b) Moves out of the apartment.
(c) Cooks them food.
(d) Leaves them alone.
3. What does Arthur think of Joan's new book?
(a) He believes it is an attack on their marriage.
(b) He says it is a triumph.
(c) He is happy it is successful.
(d) He does not believe it is literary enough.
4. What does Joan believe will happen if she goes to the secluded house?
(a) She will be held prisoner.
(b) Mr. Vitroni will protect her.
(c) She will be happier with her housing conditions.
(d) She will become more relaxed.
5. What solution does Joan offer to Arthur's political group?
(a) To sleep on their ideas and decide in the morning.
(b) To blow up peace bridge.
(c) To stop acting out.
(d) To resolve issues peacefully.
6. What secret does Joan reveal about her source of inspiration?
(b) Gothic mysteries.
(c) Political causes.
(d) Automatic writing.
7. When does Chuck Brewer tell Joan he loves her?
(a) While waltzing.
(b) After the explosion.
(c) While she reads to him from her novel.
(d) Walking home after dinner.
8. What does the landlord's father discover?
(a) A crack in the foundation.
(b) A buried tire.
(c) Buried clothes.
(d) Joan's letter from Arthur.
9. Who does Joan believe is leaving her death notes?
(a) Mavis Quilp.
(b) Mr. Zerdo.
10. Who is Chuck Brewer?
(b) Royal Porcupine.
(d) Fraser Buchanan.
11. Why does Joan fall into the water?
(a) Marlene pushes her in.
(b) Sam capsizes the boat.
(c) She jumps off the boat.
(d) The boom hits her.
12. Where do Joan and Arthur travel to?
13. Who is arrested for murder?
(b) Royal Porcupine.
(d) Sam and Marlene.
14. Who is Royal Porcupine?
(a) An SPCA leader.
(b) A singer.
(c) An artist.
(d) One of Joan's fans.
15. When Joan decides not to run away from Terremoto and returns to her flat, what does she decide she must do as she crouches behind the door?
(a) Defend herself.
(b) Work on her novel.
(d) Take a shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she is crouched behind her door in her flat in Terremoto, what does Joan do when she hears someone knocking at the door?
2. Who does Joan imagine is skating on the television program?
3. What does Joan bring the reporter in the hospital?
4. What does Joan use as a weapon to defend herself when a stranger knocks at her door in Terremoto?
5. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)