|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would Joan like to have visit her from the Other Side?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Aunt Lou.
2. After her landlord tells Joan about the stranger looking for her, what awakens Joan during the night?
(a) Neighbors making noise.
(b) A dog barking.
(c) Gurgling water from the basin.
(d) Footsteps outside her window.
3. What kind of boat does Joan rent?
4. What does Joan use as a weapon to defend herself when a stranger knocks at her door in Terremoto?
(a) A wine bottle.
(d) Baseball bat.
5. How does Joan help the political group?
(a) Moves out of the apartment.
(b) Leaves them alone.
(c) Rents a car.
(d) Cooks them food.
6. What does the landlord's father discover?
(a) Buried clothes.
(b) A buried tire.
(c) A crack in the foundation.
(d) Joan's letter from Arthur.
7. What do the police find that makes them suspicious?
(a) A note from Joan.
(b) A life preserver.
(c) Joan's shoes.
(d) Joan's dress.
8. Who moves in with Arthur and Joan?
9. Who does Joan ask to help with her plan to get away?
(a) Chuck Brewer.
(b) Sam and Marlene.
10. Who is Royal Porcupine?
(a) An SPCA leader.
(b) A singer.
(c) An artist.
(d) One of Joan's fans.
11. Who are the four women Felicia meets in the maze?
(a) Four maids.
(b) They are all former Lady Redmonds.
(c) Four long lost cousins.
(d) Four friends of hers.
12. How does Chuck Brewer change physically?
(a) Gets heavier.
(b) Cuts his hair and shaves his beard.
(c) Loses weight.
(d) Grows a beard.
13. What kind of art does Joan find at the art show?
(a) Bronzes of animals.
(b) Freezers containing run-over dead animals.
(c) Porcupine sculptures.
(d) Bird watercolors.
14. How does Joan describe the townspeople's actions toward her?
(b) As a conspiracy.
15. What does Joan tell her landlord about why the man is looking for her?
(a) He wants to kill her.
(b) It's her husband.
(c) He's a friend.
(d) He wants to help her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Joan from trying to write a different kind of novel?
2. What does Arthur think of Joan's new book?
3. Now that Joan is living in Terremoto, what is happening with the sale of her book?
4. Why can't Joan seem to finish writing her romance novel?
5. What does Joan bring the reporter in the hospital?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)