|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joan is standing on the terrace in the middle of the night after awaking from a dream, who does she finally decide to stop trying to make happy?
(a) Her father.
(c) Aunt Lou.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Joan find on her doorstep?
(a) A dead porcupine.
(d) A dead dog.
3. Who does Joan believe is leaving her death notes?
(c) Mr. Zerdo.
(d) Mavis Quilp.
4. What does Joan want to tell Arthur at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) She's having an affair.
(b) She got a new job.
(c) She has a new idea for a book.
(d) She loves to cook.
5. What kind of swimmer does Joan's father say she is?
6. Who are the four women Felicia meets in the maze?
(a) Four long lost cousins.
(b) Four maids.
(c) Four friends of hers.
(d) They are all former Lady Redmonds.
7. What solution does Joan offer to Arthur's political group?
(a) To resolve issues peacefully.
(b) To stop acting out.
(c) To sleep on their ideas and decide in the morning.
(d) To blow up peace bridge.
8. What happens to the reporter when Joan opens the door of her flat in Terremoto?
(a) Joan hugs him.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) He gets hit with the wine bottle.
(d) He runs away.
9. What does Marlene claim she did to help Joan out of the water?
(a) Jump in to save her.
(b) Throw her a life preserver.
(c) Pull her out of the water.
(d) Throw her a rope.
10. Around the same time Joan is getting anonymous calls, who telephones and invites her to dinner?
(a) Mr. Morton.
(b) Chuck Brewer.
11. What does Joan wash out in the basin?
(b) Coffee cup.
12. As Joan is writing her novel while in Terremoto, what character is she getting tired of because of their virtuous and tidy habits?
13. Who is Joan having an affair with?
(c) Royal Porcupine.
14. Who is Royal Porcupine?
(a) A singer.
(b) An SPCA leader.
(c) An artist.
(d) One of Joan's fans.
15. What does Mr. Morgan tell the police he heard while he was picnicking on the beach?
(b) A scream.
(c) A splash.
(d) The sound of a motor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joan sees as she swims to shore?
2. Who does Joan imagine is skating on the television program?
3. Why is Chuck Brewer interested in Arthur?
4. How does Joan describe the townspeople's actions toward her?
5. What secret does Joan reveal about her source of inspiration?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)