|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur do to the police officer?
(a) Taunts him.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Argues with him.
2. What does Joan want to tell Arthur at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) She got a new job.
(b) She loves to cook.
(c) She has a new idea for a book.
(d) She's having an affair.
3. Who is Royal Porcupine?
(a) One of Joan's fans.
(b) A singer.
(c) An artist.
(d) An SPCA leader.
4. What does Felicia learn about Redmond in the maze?
(a) He is devoted to her.
(b) He looks healthy.
(c) He is a killer.
(d) He is also lost in the maze.
5. What name does Joan use to purchase a ticket to Rome?
(a) Lou Foster.
(b) Louisa K. Delacourt.
(c) Joan Delacourt.
(d) Joan Foster.
6. Where do Joan and Arthur travel to?
7. What does Arthur think of Joan's new book?
(a) He does not believe it is literary enough.
(b) He believes it is an attack on their marriage.
(c) He says it is a triumph.
(d) He is happy it is successful.
8. What solution does Joan offer to Arthur's political group?
(a) To blow up peace bridge.
(b) To stop acting out.
(c) To sleep on their ideas and decide in the morning.
(d) To resolve issues peacefully.
9. Who confesses to the police that she took her father's dynamite?
10. Who considers herself an escape artist?
(c) Leda Sprott.
11. What does Joan learn about herself at the end of the novel?
(a) She is safe in Terremoto.
(b) She is ready to move to Rome.
(c) That she has made a mess, but she will never be a tidy person.
(d) The stranger will take care of her.
12. Who gives an eye witness account of Joan falling off the boat?
(b) The picnicking family.
(c) Passing boaters.
(d) Children swimming.
13. What kind of swimmer does Joan's father say she is?
14. What does Mr. Morgan tell the police he heard while he was picnicking on the beach?
(a) The sound of a motor.
(b) A splash.
(d) A scream.
15. What insects does Joan feed sugar water?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters her flat while Joan is taking a bath?
2. What happens to the reporter when Joan opens the door of her flat in Terremoto?
3. What does Redmond turn into when Felicia sees him in the maze?
4. Now that Joan is living in Terremoto, what is happening with the sale of her book?
5. What stops Joan from trying to write a different kind of novel?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)