|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Around the same time Joan is getting anonymous calls, who telephones and invites her to dinner?
(a) Chuck Brewer.
(d) Mr. Morton.
2. Where do Joan and Arthur travel to?
3. What does the landlord's father discover?
(a) Buried clothes.
(b) A crack in the foundation.
(c) Joan's letter from Arthur.
(d) A buried tire.
4. What is the relationship between Sam and Marlene?
(a) They are brother and sister.
(b) They are husband and wife.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are lovers.
5. Where do Joan and Royal Porcupine like to eat?
(b) Thai Palace.
(c) Burger King.
(d) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
6. When will the mysterious man that Mr. Vitroni spoke to return to town?
(a) The next day.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four days.
7. How does Joan describe the townspeople's actions toward her?
(d) As a conspiracy.
8. Who gives an eye witness account of Joan falling off the boat?
(b) Children swimming.
(c) The picnicking family.
(d) Passing boaters.
9. What does Joan plan to steal?
(a) Fraser Buchanan's notebook.
(b) Paul's new novel.
(c) Arthur's money.
(d) Marlene's diary.
10. When Joan is standing on the terrace in the middle of the night after awaking from a dream, who does she finally decide to stop trying to make happy?
(a) Aunt Lou.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
11. Who says "Pull yourself together"?
12. In Chapter 33, who does Joan dream is dressed in a navy blue suit and crying behind locked glass doors?
(a) Mr. Vitroni.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mr. Vitroni's father.
(d) Fraser Buchanan.
13. What does Fraser Buchanan threaten to reveal about Joan?
(a) Her publishing contract.
(b) Her future plans.
(c) Her poor cooking skills.
(d) Her past and double life.
14. What does Joan consider sending the police in Canada to let them know she's alive?
(a) A letter confessing her part in the plot.
(b) A finger, an autograph, or a tooth.
(c) A tape recording of her voice.
(d) A photograph of her and Mr. Vitroni.
15. Who does Joan want to get out of jail in Toronto?
(b) Mr. Morgan.
(c) Royal Porcupine.
(d) Sam and Marlene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan do to her feet while dancing on the balcony?
2. What does Felicia learn about Redmond in the maze?
3. What kind of swimmer does Joan's father say she is?
4. What does Joan believe will happen if she goes to the secluded house?
5. Who would Joan like to have visit her from the Other Side?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)