|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joan having an affair with?
(d) Royal Porcupine.
2. What does Joan tell her landlord about why the man is looking for her?
(a) He wants to help her.
(b) He's a friend.
(c) He wants to kill her.
(d) It's her husband.
3. Why is Chuck Brewer interested in Arthur?
(a) He wonders why Joan won't leave him.
(b) He wants to join his political cause.
(c) He wants to offer him a job.
(d) He knew Arthur in high school.
4. Who does Joan sees as she swims to shore?
(a) A picnicking family.
(c) Royal Porcupine.
(d) The police.
5. Around the same time Joan is getting anonymous calls, who telephones and invites her to dinner?
(a) Mr. Morton.
(d) Chuck Brewer.
6. What action does Joan fear from Chuck Brewer?
(b) Exposing her past.
(c) Making her cry.
(d) Bad driving.
7. Why does Chuck Brewer bring Joan a hat?
(a) For playacting.
(b) To avoid sunburn.
(c) To wear in the garden.
(d) He wants to elope with her.
8. What solution does Joan offer to Arthur's political group?
(a) To resolve issues peacefully.
(b) To sleep on their ideas and decide in the morning.
(c) To blow up peace bridge.
(d) To stop acting out.
9. What kind of art does Joan find at the art show?
(a) Bird watercolors.
(b) Freezers containing run-over dead animals.
(c) Porcupine sculptures.
(d) Bronzes of animals.
10. Who sends an envelope filled with newspaper clippings to Joan in Terremoto?
(b) Fraser Buchanan.
11. Who would Joan like to have visit her from the Other Side?
(a) Aunt Lou.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
12. Where do Joan and Arthur travel to?
13. In Chapter 33, who does Joan dream is dressed in a navy blue suit and crying behind locked glass doors?
(a) Mr. Vitroni.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mr. Vitroni's father.
(d) Fraser Buchanan.
14. Who says "Pull yourself together"?
15. Who does Joan imagine is skating on the television program?
(b) Royal Porcupine.
(c) A writer.
(d) The Fat Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police find that makes them suspicious?
2. Who considers herself an escape artist?
3. Who sees Felicia and Otterly in the maze?
4. Who does Joan believe is leaving her death notes?
5. As Joan is writing her novel while in Terremoto, what character is she getting tired of because of their virtuous and tidy habits?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)