|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Felicia learn about Redmond in the maze?
(a) He is also lost in the maze.
(b) He is devoted to her.
(c) He is a killer.
(d) He looks healthy.
2. Why does Chuck Brewer bring Joan a hat?
(a) He wants to elope with her.
(b) To avoid sunburn.
(c) For playacting.
(d) To wear in the garden.
3. What does Arthur do to the police officer?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Argues with him.
(c) Taunts him.
(d) Spits on him.
4. When Joan is standing on the terrace in the middle of the night after awaking from a dream, who does she finally decide to stop trying to make happy?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Aunt Lou.
5. Where do Joan and Royal Porcupine like to eat?
(b) Burger King.
(c) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
(d) Thai Palace.
6. What kind of art does Joan find at the art show?
(a) Bronzes of animals.
(b) Porcupine sculptures.
(c) Freezers containing run-over dead animals.
(d) Bird watercolors.
7. What does the landlord's father discover?
(a) Joan's letter from Arthur.
(b) Buried clothes.
(c) A buried tire.
(d) A crack in the foundation.
8. What does Arthur think of Joan's new book?
(a) He believes it is an attack on their marriage.
(b) He is happy it is successful.
(c) He says it is a triumph.
(d) He does not believe it is literary enough.
9. Why does the reporter lend Joan plane fare?
(a) To bribe her.
(b) For a ticket to France.
(c) So she can return to Canada to rescue Sam and Marlene.
(d) As a gift.
10. Why won't Joan write any more Costume Gothics?
(a) She has no more plot ideas.
(b) She doesn't have time.
(c) She forgot how.
(d) She thinks they are bad for her.
11. Who is Fraser Buchanan?
(a) A firefighter.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A former journalist.
(d) A publisher.
12. As a result of the book, Joan has her first what?
(a) Huge royalty advance.
(b) Television appearance.
(c) Trip to America.
(d) Vacation in Bahamas.
13. What kind of boat does Joan rent?
14. When Joan goes to town in Terremoto, who is unfriendly and doesn't help her with using the correct words?
(a) The butcher and his wife.
(b) Mr. Vitroni.
(d) Joan's mother.
15. Who enters her flat while Joan is taking a bath?
(b) Fraser Buchanan.
(c) Chuck Brewer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joan wants to get out of her life, what does she plan to do at the end of Chapter 28?
2. What happens to the reporter when Joan opens the door of her flat in Terremoto?
3. Who considers herself an escape artist?
4. What is the relationship between Sam and Marlene?
5. What kind of swimmer does Joan's father say she is?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)