|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the book, Joan has her first what?
(a) Huge royalty advance.
(b) Vacation in Bahamas.
(c) Trip to America.
(d) Television appearance.
2. What animal does Joan help the artist bring home?
3. Who moves in with Arthur and Joan?
4. What stops Joan from trying to write a different kind of novel?
(b) Lack of encouragement.
(d) Her belief in happy endings.
5. Who is arrested for murder?
(a) Royal Porcupine.
(d) Sam and Marlene.
6. Why does Joan fall into the water?
(a) Marlene pushes her in.
(b) The boom hits her.
(c) Sam capsizes the boat.
(d) She jumps off the boat.
7. What is the name of the restaurant that Joan goes to with the Polish Count?
(b) Bitty Bit.
8. What does Joan bring the reporter in the hospital?
9. What does Joan believe will happen if she goes to the secluded house?
(a) She will be happier with her housing conditions.
(b) Mr. Vitroni will protect her.
(c) She will become more relaxed.
(d) She will be held prisoner.
10. Who sees Felicia and Otterly in the maze?
(b) Tom the coachman.
(d) The maid.
11. What does Fraser Buchanan want from Joan?
(a) Twenty percent of her royalties.
(b) Help with publishing.
(c) A recommendation.
(d) An interview.
12. What does Joan want to tell Arthur at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) She has a new idea for a book.
(b) She loves to cook.
(c) She got a new job.
(d) She's having an affair.
13. What does Joan tell her landlord about why the man is looking for her?
(a) He's a friend.
(b) He wants to help her.
(c) He wants to kill her.
(d) It's her husband.
14. Who is Royal Porcupine?
(a) An artist.
(b) An SPCA leader.
(c) A singer.
(d) One of Joan's fans.
15. What solution does Joan offer to Arthur's political group?
(a) To stop acting out.
(b) To sleep on their ideas and decide in the morning.
(c) To resolve issues peacefully.
(d) To blow up peace bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Joan and Royal Porcupine like to eat?
2. What does Arthur think of Joan's new book?
3. What character does Joan begin dreaming of again when Marlene moves in with her and Arthur?
4. Why do Joan's fans contact her?
5. Toward the end of the novel, who does Joan imagine suffocating her while she relaxes on her balcony in Terremoto?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)