|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant that Joan goes to with the Polish Count?
(a) Bitty Bit.
2. What does Arthur think of Joan's new book?
(a) He does not believe it is literary enough.
(b) He is happy it is successful.
(c) He says it is a triumph.
(d) He believes it is an attack on their marriage.
3. Who are the four women Felicia meets in the maze?
(a) They are all former Lady Redmonds.
(b) Four maids.
(c) Four friends of hers.
(d) Four long lost cousins.
4. When Joan decides not to run away from Terremoto and returns to her flat, what does she decide she must do as she crouches behind the door?
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Defend herself.
(d) Work on her novel.
5. What does Joan plan to steal?
(a) Fraser Buchanan's notebook.
(b) Paul's new novel.
(c) Marlene's diary.
(d) Arthur's money.
6. What does Joan use as a weapon to defend herself when a stranger knocks at her door in Terremoto?
(a) A wine bottle.
(d) Baseball bat.
7. What is the relationship between Sam and Marlene?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are husband and wife.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They are brother and sister.
8. When Joan wants to get out of her life, what does she plan to do at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) Write more frequently.
(b) Fake her death.
(c) Get an advance from her publisher.
(d) Leave with Paul.
9. Who sends an envelope filled with newspaper clippings to Joan in Terremoto?
(c) Fraser Buchanan.
10. What does Joan tell her landlord about why the man is looking for her?
(a) He wants to help her.
(b) He's a friend.
(c) It's her husband.
(d) He wants to kill her.
11. How does Joan plan to leave town?
(b) To walk out unnoticed.
(d) Borrow a car.
12. In Chapter 33, who does Joan dream is dressed in a navy blue suit and crying behind locked glass doors?
(a) Mr. Vitroni.
(b) Fraser Buchanan.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mr. Vitroni's father.
13. Who considers herself an escape artist?
(a) Leda Sprott.
14. When Joan goes to town in Terremoto, who is unfriendly and doesn't help her with using the correct words?
(a) Joan's mother.
(b) The butcher and his wife.
(c) Mr. Vitroni.
15. Who does Joan imagine is skating on the television program?
(a) A writer.
(b) Royal Porcupine.
(c) The Fat Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insects does Joan feed sugar water?
2. When does Chuck Brewer tell Joan he loves her?
3. As Joan is writing her novel while in Terremoto, what character is she getting tired of because of their virtuous and tidy habits?
4. What kind of swimmer does Joan's father say she is?
5. Who does Joan sees as she swims to shore?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)