|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What performance does Joan remember?
2. In Chapter 12, how long does it take Joan to write a chapter of her novel?
(a) An afternoon.
(b) One month.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
3. What happens to Joan's hair while she's looking in the mirror in her bedroom when her parents go out?
(a) Falls out.
(b) Turns white.
(c) Catches on fire.
(d) Gets cut.
4. What does Terremoto mean in Italian?
(a) By the sea.
(c) Rocky land.
(d) Angry mountain.
5. What pet is Joan allowed to have?
6. What good news does Joan tell Arthur after meeting with Mr. Sturgess?
(a) She has a job lead for him.
(b) She has won a vacation.
(c) She is expecting a baby.
(d) She is publishing a book.
7. How does Joan feel when she can't find time to write?
8. What new thing does Joan try in Chapter 10?
(a) Automatic writing.
9. What flower is the man in the ravine holding?
10. Who says, "I have a good idea...Why don't we get married?"
11. How does Paul escape from Poland during the Russian Invasion?
(b) By ski.
12. How does Joan react when she sees E.P. Revele?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Laughs and hugs her.
(c) Says hello.
(d) Almost faints.
13. What letter is missing from Joan's typewriter?
14. Where does Joan find her manuscript?
(a) In the sweater drawer.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the underwear drawer.
(d) In a suitcase.
15. Where does Joan first meet Arthur?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) A cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joan think of as she stands on the street outside the secondhand store in Rome?
2. Where has Joan met Marlene before?
3. Why does Joan hide her career as a novelist from Arthur?
4. What is Arthur's job?
5. Where does Joan go on Tuesday evenings as a young girl?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)