|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flower is the man in the ravine holding?
2. How does Joan contact Arthur from Rome?
(c) Telephone call.
(d) Postcard with no address or signature.
3. What does Terremoto mean in Italian?
(a) Angry mountain.
(b) Rocky land.
(c) By the sea.
4. Who does Joan want to see to discover more about how her mother died?
(a) Aunt Lou.
(c) Mother's doctor.
(d) Leda Sprott.
5. What pet is Joan allowed to have?
6. How does Paul escape from Poland during the Russian Invasion?
(c) By ski.
7. What letter is missing from Joan's typewriter?
8. How many lives does Joan believe she leads?
9. What is Arthur protesting in the park?
(a) Fair trade.
(b) Banning the bomb.
(c) Factory closings.
(d) Equal rights.
10. Where does Joan go on Tuesday evenings as a young girl?
(a) Book club.
(d) Cello lesson.
11. How does Arthur respond to Joan's bad cooking?
(a) They go to expensive restaurants.
(b) He makes gourmet meals himself.
(c) He criticizes her.
(d) It cheers him up.
12. How does Joan view the two types of people in life?
(a) Happy or depressed.
(b) Heavy or thin.
(c) Ugly or beautiful.
(d) Calm or tense.
13. What photograph does Joan submit to the publisher?
(a) Joan dressed in a gothic costume.
(b) Joan with her dog.
(c) Joan and Aunt Lou at the fair.
(d) Joan and Paul.
14. Who is near Joan's car when she returns from the post office in Terremoto?
15. What does Joan remember as her favorite childhood activity?
(a) Watching her mother apply her makeup.
(b) Watching TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Joan get rid of the hair she cuts off?
2. What does Joan tell Arthur her new book is about?
3. What does Joan try to help her write a new book using the new theme?
4. What theme does Joan think she should add to her novels?
5. What does Joan believe about her marriage?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)