Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joan decide to move?
2. Who gets the fortune "It is often best to be oneself."
3. What does Paul offer to Joan?
(a) To be her husband.
(b) To live with him.
(c) To teach her Polish.
(d) To escort her back to her mother's home.
4. Who is Joan's fictional heroine?
5. What color is Joan's hair in Chapter 1?
6. Who is the main character in the book?
(a) Arthur Foster.
(b) Joan Foster.
(c) Leda Sprott.
(d) Marlene Pugh.
7. Why does Joan begin to fear Paul?
(a) He listens to her phone conversations.
(b) He tells her he's leaving her.
(c) He becomes jealous and begins to follow her.
(d) He has a gun.
8. What does Joan's husband Arthur not like about Joan's clothing choices?
(a) Silk and lace.
(c) Wild colors.
(d) Old sweaters.
9. How does Joan react after her father tells her about her mother's death?
(a) Leaves the house.
(b) Feels guilty and eats nearly everything in the refrigerator.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Talks with her father all night.
10. What job does Joan love doing at the Sportsmen's Show?
(a) Food seller.
(b) Ticket seller.
(c) Arrow girl.
(d) Water girl.
11. Who does Arthur want Joan to meet when he takes her to Young Lok Gardens to celebrate?
(a) His boss.
(c) His parents.
(d) Dan and Marlene Pugh.
12. Why does Joan hide her career as a novelist from Arthur?
(a) The publisher forbid it.
(b) He would feel jealous.
(c) She wants to surprise him later.
(d) She thinks he will disapprove.
13. What kind of novels does Joan write?
(a) Children's stories.
(b) Costume Gothic novels.
(c) Science Fiction.
(d) Crime mysteries.
14. Where does Joan visit her father?
(a) At the beach.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At home.
15. Why does Joan get scared when she's working on her novel in her apartment in Terremoto?
(a) She is scared by the shadows flickering across the wall.
(b) A tarantula is in her bedroom.
(c) She hears her landlord pounding at her door.
(d) She hears a sound outside on the path.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds does Joan gain before her wedding?
2. Whose death does Joan learn about in Chapter 11?
3. What happens to Arthur when his political causes fail?
4. How much does Joan get paid for her first manuscript?
5. What is the relationship between Arthur and Joan?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)