|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joan see at the Canadian National Exhibition?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her favorite teacher.
(d) The Fat Lady.
2. Who is Leda Sprott?
3. Who does Joan like to go to the movies with?
(a) Aunt Lou.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her friend.
4. When Joan returns to Arthur's flat in England, who is she surprised to see standing in the middle of the parlor?
(a) Arthur's fellow protestor.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A new roommate.
5. Who is near Joan's car when she returns from the post office in Terremoto?
6. What flower is the man in the ravine holding?
7. What is Arthur protesting in the park?
(a) Banning the bomb.
(b) Equal rights.
(c) Fair trade.
(d) Factory closings.
8. What new name does Joan take when she rents a room?
(a) Miss Charlotte Smith.
(b) Ms. D. Foster.
(c) Miss Lou Foster.
(d) Miss L. Delacourt.
9. Why does Joan think her book will sell?
(a) Arthur's praise.
(b) Good reviews.
(c) Marlene's support.
(d) Joan's confidence.
10. How does Joan feel when she can't find time to write?
11. What does the landlord sell to Joan?
(b) A painting.
(c) An air conditioner.
12. When Joan is brought home by the man who unties her from the tree, what does Joan's mother accuse her of?
(a) Taking too long in the bathroom.
(b) Talking loudly.
(c) Eating too little.
(d) Sneaking around.
13. How does Joan learn of her mother's death?
(d) Phone call from her father.
14. Where does Joan find her manuscript?
(a) In a suitcase.
(b) In the sweater drawer.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In the underwear drawer.
15. How many pounds does Joan gain before her wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I have a good idea...Why don't we get married?"
2. What kind of novels does Joan write?
3. What does Joan's mother do to her when Joan tells her she is planning to move from home?
4. Who does Joan think of as she stands on the street outside the secondhand store in Rome?
5. What does Joan try to help her write a new book using the new theme?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)