|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Arthur protesting in the park?
(a) Factory closings.
(b) Fair trade.
(c) Banning the bomb.
(d) Equal rights.
2. Who does Arthur want Joan to meet when he takes her to Young Lok Gardens to celebrate?
(a) Dan and Marlene Pugh.
(c) His parents.
(d) His boss.
3. What does Joan believe about her marriage?
(a) It is worse than most.
(b) Arthur is happier than other husbands.
(c) It is just like her friends'.
(d) It is happier than most.
4. What performance does Joan remember?
5. Where does Joan first meet Arthur?
(a) Hyde Park.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A cafe.
6. When Joan returns to Arthur's flat in England, who is she surprised to see standing in the middle of the parlor?
(a) Arthur's fellow protestor.
(c) A new roommate.
(d) Her mother.
7. How many pounds does Joan gain before her wedding?
8. How does Joan react after her father tells her about her mother's death?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Talks with her father all night.
(c) Feels guilty and eats nearly everything in the refrigerator.
(d) Leaves the house.
9. In Chapter 3, what is the weather when Joan awakens?
(a) The sun is shining.
10. What does Joan's father say about how her mother died?
(a) That she fell down the stairs and broke her neck.
(b) She had a terrible illness.
(c) She died in her sleep.
(d) She was sick for a long time.
11. What kind of accident does Joan use to fake her death?
(b) Falling off a bridge.
(c) Boating accident.
(d) Car accident.
12. Who does Joan see at the Canadian National Exhibition?
(a) Her parents.
(b) The Fat Lady.
(c) Her favorite teacher.
(d) Her cousin.
13. When Joan is brought home by the man who unties her from the tree, what does Joan's mother accuse her of?
(a) Taking too long in the bathroom.
(b) Talking loudly.
(c) Sneaking around.
(d) Eating too little.
14. What is the profession of Joan's father?
15. Who is Joan named after?
(a) Joan Crawford.
(b) Joan Rivers.
(c) Joan Didion.
(d) Joan Black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan's husband Arthur not like about Joan's clothing choices?
2. Where has Joan met Marlene before?
3. Who is near Joan's car when she returns from the post office in Terremoto?
4. Who is Mavis Quilp?
5. What flower is the man in the ravine holding?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)