|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Leda Sprott?
2. How does Joan react when she sees E.P. Revele?
(a) Almost faints.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Laughs and hugs her.
(d) Says hello.
3. Who is E.P. Revele?
(b) Leda Sprott.
(c) Mr. Stewart.
(d) Mrs. Symons.
4. Who says, "I have a good idea...Why don't we get married?"
5. In Chapter 2, how does Joan get rid of the hair she cuts off?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Flushes it down the toilet.
6. What does Joan remember as her favorite childhood activity?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) Watching her mother apply her makeup.
7. How does Arthur respond to Joan's bad cooking?
(a) They go to expensive restaurants.
(b) It cheers him up.
(c) He criticizes her.
(d) He makes gourmet meals himself.
8. What is the profession of Joan's father?
9. What does Joan tell Arthur her new book is about?
(a) Male and female roles in society.
(b) Science Fiction.
10. Where has Joan met Marlene before?
11. What theme does Joan think she should add to her novels?
(a) Science Fiction.
12. Who is Joan's fictional heroine?
13. Where does Joan go on Tuesday evenings as a young girl?
(a) Book club.
(b) Cello lesson.
14. Who does Joan think stole the first eight pages of her manuscript?
15. What is the central health issue of Joan's childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Terremoto mean in Italian?
2. Why does Joan show up on Arthur's doorstep and ask to be his roommate?
3. What does Joan's father say about how her mother died?
4. What kind of dreams does Joan have of her mother?
5. What kind of novels does Joan write?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)