|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joan find her manuscript?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In the underwear drawer.
(c) In a suitcase.
(d) In the sweater drawer.
2. Why does Joan hide her career as a novelist from Arthur?
(a) The publisher forbid it.
(b) He would feel jealous.
(c) She thinks he will disapprove.
(d) She wants to surprise him later.
3. What is the profession of Joan's father?
4. What does Joan start writing while living with Paul?
(a) Nurse romances.
(c) Gothic costume novels.
(d) Crime fiction.
5. In Chapter 9, what does Joan believe she excelled at in high school?
(a) Making friends.
(b) Feeling confident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan's mother do to her when Joan tells her she is planning to move from home?
2. In Chapter 3, what is the weather when Joan awakens?
3. Who is Leda Sprott?
4. What is Arthur protesting in the park?
5. Why does Joan show up on Arthur's doorstep and ask to be his roommate?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)