|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joan having an affair with?
(d) Royal Porcupine.
2. What new name does Joan take when she rents a room?
(a) Ms. D. Foster.
(b) Miss Charlotte Smith.
(c) Miss L. Delacourt.
(d) Miss Lou Foster.
3. Who does Joan want to see to discover more about how her mother died?
(a) Aunt Lou.
(c) Leda Sprott.
(d) Mother's doctor.
4. What does Joan need to do to earn money so she can return to Canada?
(a) Get a loan from Arthur.
(b) Sell her furniture.
(c) Get a loan from the bank.
(d) Finish her novel.
5. Why do Joan's fans contact her?
(a) For copies of her books.
(b) For advice on spiritualism and publishing.
(c) For her agent's name.
(d) To become friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan believe about her marriage?
2. When Joan looks in the photograph album, what is wrong with the photos of her father?
3. How does Joan learn of her mother's death?
4. What title does the publisher give Joan's new book?
5. Who does Joan see at the Canadian National Exhibition?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)