|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets the fortune "It is often best to be oneself."
2. What insects does Joan feed sugar water?
3. Why does Joan begin to fear Paul?
(a) He tells her he's leaving her.
(b) He has a gun.
(c) He becomes jealous and begins to follow her.
(d) He listens to her phone conversations.
4. How much does Joan get paid for her first manuscript?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
5. What does Joan start writing while living with Paul?
(a) Gothic costume novels.
(c) Nurse romances.
(d) Crime fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlene claim she did to help Joan out of the water?
2. Who is coming to visit Paul?
3. Who sends an envelope filled with newspaper clippings to Joan in Terremoto?
4. Why does Joan think her book will sell?
5. What does Joan tell Arthur her new book is about?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)