1. Who is the main character in the book?
(a) Marlene Pugh.
(b) Leda Sprott.
(c) Joan Foster.
(d) Arthur Foster.
2. What does Terremoto mean in Italian?
(a) By the sea.
(b) Rocky land.
(c) Angry mountain.
3. What is the central health issue of Joan's childhood?
4. What color is Joan's hair in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 2, how does Joan get rid of the hair she cuts off?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Flushes it down the toilet.
6. What does the landlord sell to Joan?
(a) A painting.
(b) An air conditioner.
7. In Chapter 3, what is the weather when Joan awakens?
(c) The sun is shining.
8. What does Joan's husband Arthur not like about Joan's clothing choices?
(a) Old sweaters.
(c) Wild colors.
(d) Silk and lace.
9. Who is near Joan's car when she returns from the post office in Terremoto?
This section contains 3,821 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)