Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Joan Foster runs away to Terremoto, Italy to start a new life after faking her death by drowning.
• She thinks about her husband Arthur and begins to regret her actions.
• She envisions Chuck Brewer, Sam, Marlene, Leda Sprott, her mother and father, and Aunt Lou.
• To avoid being recognized, Joan cuts her long red hair with nail scissors and burns it.
• Her landlord, Mr. Vitroni, comes to the door with paintings and persuades Joan to buy one.
• Joan buries the clothes she wore when faking her death and buries them under the apartment building.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Joan wakes in the morning thinking about Arthur and begins to cry over never seeing him again.
• She makes a list of items she needs and sets off for town.
• When she returns, she fears someone is waiting inside her apartment.
• Joan reviews her Costume Gothic manuscript and realizes the...
This section contains 2,311 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)