Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does San Ma call the Japanese who took over businesses in Shanghai during the war?
2. What does Winnie tell Pearl she should drink three or four times a day to help cure her multiple sclerosis?
3. Who breaks the table legs in half so it is small enough to get out of Jiang Sao-yen's study?
4. What does the landlady's dog eat in Chapter 23?
5. How many servants does Winnie hire before she has to take care of Wen Fu herself as he recovers from his jeep accident?
Why does Helen make up the story about having a brain tumor? What makes her tell Pearl it's a hoax, but not her friend Winnie? Do you think it is ironic that Helen uses a lie to get Winnie and Pearl to tell the truth? Why or why not?
What kind of friendship do Winnie and Hulan have during the war? Describe a few scenes which show how Winnie and Hulan support each other during the war and overcome their differences. What does each woman give to the friendship that the other truly values?
Describe Wen Fu's behavior toward Yiku after she is born. Why is he insulted by her reaction to him? How is his negative behavior heightened by his feelings of humiliation when the hospital staff refuses to serve him? Discuss how Yiku pays the price for his humiliation.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)