|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie remember that she has stashed away in her suitcase lining when Aunt Du says they haven't eaten well in months?
2. What does the name Danu mean?
3. Who does Winnie think is Pearl's father?
4. According to Winnie, where is the best tea in the world?
5. What does Wen Fu do when Yiku gets sick on the Double Seventh day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of man is Jimmy Louie? How does he show Winnie a true and lasting love? Choose one or two scenes from the novel and discuss how they reflect Jimmy's character and his love for Winnie.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of Lady Sorrowfree to Pearl's life. Why has Winnie chosen this name and created a goddess just for her daughter? What is Pearl's reaction?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the circumstances under which Wen Fu bought an old sports car. How does he end up wrecking it in the cemetery? Why does Winnie laugh uncontrollably when she hears this story and says, "I was so glad for that dead Canonese pilot, riding off to heaven in his claimed-back car"?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)