|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an "Air Mail Special"?
2. Why doesMrs. Liang give Jimmy Louie a photograph of her four daughters?
3. Who is having a second honeymoon in Chapter 26?
4. What season is depicted in the ancient scroll that Winnie's father throws tea at?
5. What wrapping paper does Winnie use to wrap Bao-bao and Mimi's wedding gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the circumstances under which Wen Fu bought an old sports car. How does he end up wrecking it in the cemetery? Why does Winnie laugh uncontrollably when she hears this story and says, "I was so glad for that dead Canonese pilot, riding off to heaven in his claimed-back car"?
Essay Topic 2
What keeps Winnie determined to create a better life for herself after Wen Fu continually abuses and humiliates her? Does she have a strong sense of hope? How is this hope realized through her determination?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of Lady Sorrowfree to Pearl's life. Why has Winnie chosen this name and created a goddess just for her daughter? What is Pearl's reaction?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)