|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys a new pair of eye glasses in Chapter 17?
2. How old is Winnie when the war ends?
3. Who does Winnie fear is killed after she lives through a bombing in Kunming?
4. What country are Winnie and Helen making plans to travel to in Chapter 25?
5. When Winnie tells her father that she must leave her marriage, what does he give her?
Essay Topic 1
The loss of her three children in China is a great source of pain during Winnie's life. Describe the circumstances of their death and why Winnie feels responsible. Do you agree or disagree with Winnie's feelings of responsibility?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the circumstances under which Wen Fu bought an old sports car. How does he end up wrecking it in the cemetery? Why does Winnie laugh uncontrollably when she hears this story and says, "I was so glad for that dead Canonese pilot, riding off to heaven in his claimed-back car"?
Essay Topic 3
Secrets play an important role in The Kitchen God's Wife. Identify who is keeping secrets and why they are worried about others finding out. How do you think having secrets harms a relationship? Provide specific examples from the novel to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)