|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is pregnant and comes to visit Winnie in jail?
2. What happens to Winnie when she comes out of the beauty parlor in Chapter 23?
3. On the day Winnie runs away, what does she tell her mother-in-law about Old Aunt?
4. What gift do Pearl and Phil give Bao-bao and Mimi?
5. What wish does Winnie give her roommates when she leaves jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The loss of her three children in China is a great source of pain during Winnie's life. Describe the circumstances of their death and why Winnie feels responsible. Do you agree or disagree with Winnie's feelings of responsibility?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what Winnie learns from her relationship with Gan. Why does she feel she know his heart better than Wen Fu's? Why is it that she claims his love only after he has died?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the last few hours of Winnie's father's life. How does he manage to get the better of Wen Fu? Does you agree with San Ma's comment that he left Wen Fu a curse? Is this curse an appropriate punishment for Wen Fu's criminal behavior toward Winnie and her father?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)