Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does San Ma call the Japanese who took over businesses in Shanghai during the war?
2. What does Winnie tell Pearl she should drink three or four times a day to help cure her multiple sclerosis?
3. Who breaks the table legs in half so it is small enough to get out of Jiang Sao-yen's study?
4. What does the landlady's dog eat in Chapter 23?
5. How many servants does Winnie hire before she has to take care of Wen Fu herself as he recovers from his jeep accident?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Wen Fu's behavior toward Yiku after she is born. Why is he insulted by her reaction to him? How is his negative behavior heightened by his feelings of humiliation when the hospital staff refuses to serve him? Discuss how Yiku pays the price for his humiliation.
Essay Topic 2
Winnie often says of Auntie Du that she was a good person. Provide examples from the novel that reflect Auntie Du's kindness and the ways in which she tried to help Winnie at her trial and while she is in prison.
Essay Topic 3
Secrets play an important role in The Kitchen God's Wife. Identify who is keeping secrets and why they are worried about others finding out. How do you think having secrets harms a relationship? Provide specific examples from the novel to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)