|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie say the Double Seventh day is supposed to be?
2. What does Winnie think that Wen Fu will do to her father if she leaves him?
3. What does Winnie drop when she's singing to her baby in Chapter 14?
4. What does Helen tell Pearl about her brain tumor?
5. Who is Mouchou, Sorrowfree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what Winnie learns from her relationship with Gan. Why does she feel she know his heart better than Wen Fu's? Why is it that she claims his love only after he has died?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of man is Jimmy Louie? How does he show Winnie a true and lasting love? Choose one or two scenes from the novel and discuss how they reflect Jimmy's character and his love for Winnie.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Peanut's circumstances when Winnie visits her at the rooming house in Shanghai. How does Winnie see a more modern woman than the Peanut she knew as a girl? How does Peanut's experience of her marriage and escape give Winnie the courage to run away from Wen Fu?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)