|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having a second honeymoon in Chapter 26?
2. What does Winnie remember that she has stashed away in her suitcase lining when Aunt Du says they haven't eaten well in months?
3. Who thinks Old Aunt has a sickness to match every herb?
4. What job does Little Yu's mother have at the rooming house?
5. What good news does Winnie learn at the beginning of Chapter 19?
Essay Topic 1
Winnie receives four thousand yuan as a dowry which she is able to keep for herself. Explain how this dowry money is used throughout the story, in both good and bad ways. In what ways was it most helpful to Winnie?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what Winnie learns from her relationship with Gan. Why does she feel she know his heart better than Wen Fu's? Why is it that she claims his love only after he has died?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Winnie at first feel bad for Jiaguo that Hulan dominates him? How does her attitude about their marriage change once she understands the events that led up to it? Do you think that Hulan and Jiaguo have a good marriage? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)