|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys a new pair of eye glasses in Chapter 17?
2. How old is Winnie when the war ends?
3. Who thinks Old Aunt has a sickness to match every herb?
4. What does Winnie give Peanut when she visits her at the rooming house in Shanghai?
5. What does Winnie drop when she's singing to her baby in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Winnie often says of Auntie Du that she was a good person. Provide examples from the novel that reflect Auntie Du's kindness and the ways in which she tried to help Winnie at her trial and while she is in prison.
Essay Topic 2
Winnie's story of her life as Wen Fu's wife takes place in a variety of locations. How does she adapt to the different places she stays during the war? Do these locations teach her something new? Choose two settings and compare and contrast their importance in Winnie's life.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of Lady Sorrowfree to Pearl's life. Why has Winnie chosen this name and created a goddess just for her daughter? What is Pearl's reaction?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)