|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winnie see again at a book shop in Shanghai after the war is over?
(a) Old Aunt.
(b) Jimmy Louie.
2. Who says, "my husband was zibuyong"?
(c) Little Yu.
3. What does San Ma call the Japanese who took over businesses in Shanghai during the war?
(b) Radish eaters.
(d) Respected ones.
4. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
(d) Dried cakes of donkey dung.
5. Who breaks the table legs in half so it is small enough to get out of Jiang Sao-yen's study?
(a) Wen Fu's father.
(b) The man who bought the table.
(c) Winnie's father.
(d) Wen Fu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winnie go to live with when she runs away from Wen Fu?
2. Where do Helen and Winnie go shopping at the end of the novel?
3. Who gives Pearl herbal pads to place on her arms and legs?
4. What kind of dance do Winnie and Hulan attend around Christmas, 1941?
5. What does Winnie think that Wen Fu will do to her father if she leaves him?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)