|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Helen and Winnie go shopping at the end of the novel?
(a) The cookie factory.
(b) The chinese dress shop.
(c) Sam Fook Trading Company.
(d) Mr. Wong's tea shop.
2. Why doesMrs. Liang give Jimmy Louie a photograph of her four daughters?
(a) To give to a mutual friend.
(b) To update him on her family.
(c) Because his aunt requests it.
(d) So he could choose one for his wife.
3. What does Helen tell Pearl about her brain tumor?
(a) It's growing.
(b) It hurts her head.
(c) It's shrinking.
(d) She made it up.
4. Who breaks the table legs in half so it is small enough to get out of Jiang Sao-yen's study?
(a) The man who bought the table.
(b) Wen Fu's father.
(c) Winnie's father.
(d) Wen Fu.
5. What does Winnie tell Pearl she should drink three or four times a day to help cure her multiple sclerosis?
(b) Hot water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jimmy Louie ask to dance?
2. What wrapping paper does Winnie use to wrap Bao-bao and Mimi's wedding gift?
3. Who is Jimmy Louie?
4. On Winnie's visit after the war, what does she say to her aunts as they walk to the marketplace in Tsungming Island?
5. What good news does Winnie learn at the beginning of Chapter 19?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)