|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day Winnie runs away, what does she tell her mother-in-law about Old Aunt?
(a) Her health is not so good and she needs to visit her.
(b) She doesn't want any visitors.
(c) She is asking about Peanut.
(d) She is in good spirits.
2. Who breaks the table legs in half so it is small enough to get out of Jiang Sao-yen's study?
(a) The man who bought the table.
(b) Wen Fu.
(c) Wen Fu's father.
(d) Winnie's father.
3. What does Winnie drop when she's singing to her baby in Chapter 14?
4. What does Winnie tell Pearl she should drink three or four times a day to help cure her multiple sclerosis?
(a) Hot water.
5. What are Wen Fu's injuries from the jeep accident?
(a) Cracked ribs and broken ankle.
(b) Broken leg.
(d) Head injury and blinded in one eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Wen Fu have the cook prepare for two weeks straight that Winnie says is bitter?
2. Why do the women at Peanut's rooming house like bitter melon?
3. What name does Winnie give the statue she bought for Pearl's altar?
4. Where does Winnie first see Min?
5. When Winnie tells her father that she must leave her marriage, what does he give her?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)