|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winnie fear is killed after she lives through a bombing in Kunming?
(a) The cook.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Aunt Du.
2. How many servants does Winnie hire before she has to take care of Wen Fu herself as he recovers from his jeep accident?
3. What does Winnie give Peanut when she visits her at the rooming house in Shanghai?
(b) Hair ribbons.
4. At the rooming house, who gives Winnie advice on how she can run away from Wen Fu?
(a) Old Aunt.
(b) New Aunt.
(c) Little Yu's mother.
(d) Her father.
5. How long do Winnie and Danru stay at her uncle's house when they visit after the war?
(a) A long weekend.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the cloth that Winnie gives to Hulan after she convinces Jiaguo not to charge Wen Fu for driving the jeep without permission?
2. Where do Helen and Winnie go shopping at the end of the novel?
3. Where do Winnie and Jimmy send Danru to keep him safe from Wen Fu?
4. What does Winnie tell Pearl she should drink three or four times a day to help cure her multiple sclerosis?
5. On the day Winnie runs away, what does she tell her mother-in-law about Old Aunt?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)