|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesMrs. Liang give Jimmy Louie a photograph of her four daughters?
(a) To update him on her family.
(b) So he could choose one for his wife.
(c) Because his aunt requests it.
(d) To give to a mutual friend.
2. Who is Kuang An?
(a) The guard.
(b) Winnie's lawyer.
(c) Jimmy's friend.
(d) Hulan's second husband.
3. What happens to Winnie when she comes out of the beauty parlor in Chapter 23?
(a) She's splashed by a bicyclist.
(b) She's arrested and put in jail.
(c) A big wind ruins her hair.
(d) She's photographed.
4. According to Winnie, where is the best tea in the world?
(a) San Francisco.
5. Who makes a promise to accept life without complaint at the end of Chapter 17?
(b) Aunt Du.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winnie think is Pearl's father?
2. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
3. What does Yiku mean?
4. What does Hulan give Winnie as a parting gift before they leave Kunming once the war has ended?
5. In Chapter 15, who destroys the hospital kitchen in anger because they won't serve him?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)