|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Winnie when she comes out of the beauty parlor in Chapter 23?
(a) She's splashed by a bicyclist.
(b) She's arrested and put in jail.
(c) She's photographed.
(d) A big wind ruins her hair.
2. Who says, "my husband was zibuyong"?
(d) Little Yu.
3. In Chapter 15, who destroys the hospital kitchen in anger because they won't serve him?
(c) Wen Fu.
(d) Mr. Lui.
4. What does Helen tell Winnie about the fish she brought home from Bao-bao's reception?
(a) As good as it was the day of the wedding.
(b) Winnie was right about it not tasting good the next day.
(c) Very tender.
(d) It was delicious.
5. Where do Winnie and Jimmy send Danru to keep him safe from Wen Fu?
(a) To a small cottage in the countryside.
(b) To Hulan and Jiaguo's home in the north.
(c) To Peanut's rooming house.
(d) To Old Aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Danu?
2. Who gives Winnie Peanut's address?
3. Who does Winnie see again at a book shop in Shanghai after the war is over?
4. What does Wen Fu do when Yiku gets sick on the Double Seventh day?
5. What kind of dance do Winnie and Hulan attend around Christmas, 1941?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)