|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys a new pair of eye glasses in Chapter 17?
(a) Wen Fu.
2. Who throws a cup of tea at an ancient painting when the Japanese visit him at his home?
(a) Winnie's father.
(c) Wen Fu.
(d) Peanut's father.
3. What does Winnie say the Double Seventh day is supposed to be?
(a) A sunny day.
(b) The coolest day.
(c) A day of rain.
(d) A lucky day.
4. Who breaks the table legs in half so it is small enough to get out of Jiang Sao-yen's study?
(a) Wen Fu.
(b) Wen Fu's father.
(c) Winnie's father.
(d) The man who bought the table.
5. What name does Winnie give the statue she bought for Pearl's altar?
(a) Mrs. Kitchen God.
(b) Helpful Buddha.
(c) Lady Sorrowfree.
(d) Goddess of Mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie give Peanut when she visits her at the rooming house in Shanghai?
2. What do the Red Cross send to the dance in Chapter 18?
3. Where do Helen and Winnie go shopping at the end of the novel?
4. Who is Yiku?
5. On the day Winnie runs away, what does she tell her mother-in-law about Old Aunt?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)