|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift do Pearl and Phil give Bao-bao and Mimi?
(b) Wine glasses.
(c) Glass martini set.
2. What name does Winnie give the statue she bought for Pearl's altar?
(a) Goddess of Mercy.
(b) Mrs. Kitchen God.
(c) Helpful Buddha.
(d) Lady Sorrowfree.
3. At the rooming house, who gives Winnie advice on how she can run away from Wen Fu?
(a) Old Aunt.
(b) New Aunt.
(c) Little Yu's mother.
(d) Her father.
4. What happens to Winnie when she comes out of the beauty parlor in Chapter 23?
(a) She's photographed.
(b) She's arrested and put in jail.
(c) A big wind ruins her hair.
(d) She's splashed by a bicyclist.
5. Who does Jimmy Louie ask to dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the city of Kunming warn people that Japanese planes are coming?
2. Who comesfrom Harbin to tell Winnie the news about Danru's death?
3. How many servants does Winnie hire before she has to take care of Wen Fu herself as he recovers from his jeep accident?
4. How long do Winnie and Danru stay at her uncle's house when they visit after the war?
5. Who is Danu?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)