|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Pearl herbal pads to place on her arms and legs?
(a) Mrs. Hong.
2. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
(c) Dried cakes of donkey dung.
3. Why doesMrs. Liang give Jimmy Louie a photograph of her four daughters?
(a) So he could choose one for his wife.
(b) Because his aunt requests it.
(c) To give to a mutual friend.
(d) To update him on her family.
4. Where do Helen and Winnie go shopping at the end of the novel?
(a) The cookie factory.
(b) Mr. Wong's tea shop.
(c) The chinese dress shop.
(d) Sam Fook Trading Company.
5. What does San Ma call the Japanese who took over businesses in Shanghai during the war?
(a) Radish eaters.
(c) Respected ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie drop when she's singing to her baby in Chapter 14?
2. How does Winnie get her airplane tickets back from Wen Fu?
3. What does Winnie tell Pearl she should drink three or four times a day to help cure her multiple sclerosis?
4. How old is Yiku when she dies?
5. What job does Little Yu's mother have at the rooming house?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)