|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Aunt send to Peanut when Winnie visits her rooming house in Shanghai?
(a) Face powder.
(c) A small silver mirror.
2. What kind of dance do Winnie and Hulan attend around Christmas, 1941?
(a) American victory dance.
(b) Wedding celebration.
(c) Min's nighclub party.
(d) Chinese New Year dance.
3. Where do Winnie and Jimmy send Danru to keep him safe from Wen Fu?
(a) To a small cottage in the countryside.
(b) To Peanut's rooming house.
(c) To Hulan and Jiaguo's home in the north.
(d) To Old Aunt.
4. Who is pregnant and comes to visit Winnie in jail?
5. Who tells Winnie that Min is a sister of a pilot friend who has nowhere to stay?
(a) Wen Fu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the women at Peanut's rooming house like bitter melon?
2. What does the landlady's dog eat in Chapter 23?
3. Who is Danu?
4. What was Min's job in Shanghai?
5. Who says, "my husband was zibuyong"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)