|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wish does Winnie give her roommates when she leaves jail?
(a) To wish her well.
(b) To eat well.
(c) That she will set them free.
(d) That they have a better life.
2. What season is depicted in the ancient scroll that Winnie's father throws tea at?
3. What does San Ma call the Japanese who took over businesses in Shanghai during the war?
(a) Radish eaters.
(c) Respected ones.
4. Who comesfrom Harbin to tell Winnie the news about Danru's death?
(c) Aunt Du.
5. How does Winnie get her airplane tickets back from Wen Fu?
(a) Threatens to shoot him.
(b) Grabs them when he's not looking.
(c) Blinds him with mace.
(d) Knocks him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the city of Kunming warn people that Japanese planes are coming?
2. Who is having a second honeymoon in Chapter 26?
3. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
4. Who does Winnie see again at a book shop in Shanghai after the war is over?
5. Who gives Pearl herbal pads to place on her arms and legs?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)