|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many servants does Winnie hire before she has to take care of Wen Fu herself as he recovers from his jeep accident?
2. What do the Red Cross send to the dance in Chapter 18?
(b) Ice cream.
(c) Christmas tree.
3. At the rooming house, who gives Winnie advice on how she can run away from Wen Fu?
(a) Old Aunt.
(b) New Aunt.
(c) Little Yu's mother.
(d) Her father.
4. What happens to Winnie when she comes out of the beauty parlor in Chapter 23?
(a) She's photographed.
(b) She's splashed by a bicyclist.
(c) A big wind ruins her hair.
(d) She's arrested and put in jail.
5. Who does Winnie think is Pearl's father?
(b) Wen Fu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes a promise to accept life without complaint at the end of Chapter 17?
2. What does Winnie think that Wen Fu will do to her father if she leaves him?
3. What color is the cloth that Winnie gives to Hulan after she convinces Jiaguo not to charge Wen Fu for driving the jeep without permission?
4. What name does Winnie give the statue she bought for Pearl's altar?
5. What does Winnie say about Wen Fu after he has men ransack the lawyer's office and tear up the divorce papers?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)