|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Winnie's visit after the war, what does she say to her aunts as they walk to the marketplace in Tsungming Island?
(a) She misses her mother.
(b) She wants to visit Peanut.
(c) They didn't love her enough.
(d) She'll see them again soon.
2. What gift do Pearl and Phil give Bao-bao and Mimi?
(b) Glass martini set.
(d) Wine glasses.
3. What wrapping paper does Winnie use to wrap Bao-bao and Mimi's wedding gift?
(a) Silver paper.
(b) Brown wrapping paper.
(c) Chinese paper.
(d) Red Christmas paper.
4. At the rooming house, who gives Winnie advice on how she can run away from Wen Fu?
(a) Little Yu's mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Old Aunt.
(d) New Aunt.
5. Who is Jimmy Louie?
(a) Chinese-American translator.
(b) Friend of Jiaguo.
(c) Wen Fu's cousin.
(d) Hulan's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie remember that she has stashed away in her suitcase lining when Aunt Du says they haven't eaten well in months?
2. On the day Winnie runs away, what does she tell her mother-in-law about Old Aunt?
3. Who does Jimmy Louie ask to dance?
4. What does Helen tell Winnie about the fish she brought home from Bao-bao's reception?
5. Where do Helen and Winnie go shopping at the end of the novel?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)