|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wish does Winnie give her roommates when she leaves jail?
(a) To wish her well.
(b) That she will set them free.
(c) That they have a better life.
(d) To eat well.
2. Why doesMrs. Liang give Jimmy Louie a photograph of her four daughters?
(a) Because his aunt requests it.
(b) To update him on her family.
(c) To give to a mutual friend.
(d) So he could choose one for his wife.
3. How old is Winnie when the war ends?
4. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
(d) Dried cakes of donkey dung.
5. What does Hulan give Winnie as a parting gift before they leave Kunming once the war has ended?
(a) Rice cakes.
(b) Knitting needles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Pearl herbal pads to place on her arms and legs?
2. What does Helen tell Winnie about the fish she brought home from Bao-bao's reception?
3. Who is Danu?
4. What happens to Winnie when she comes out of the beauty parlor in Chapter 23?
5. What is the secret code Jimmy says Winnie should use when she calls to indicate she's ready to run away from Wen Fu?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)