|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the women at Peanut's rooming house like bitter melon?
(a) For the conversation that comes with it.
(b) It is juicy.
(c) It is a rare fruit.
(d) It tastes sweet.
2. What food does Wen Fu have the cook prepare for two weeks straight that Winnie says is bitter?
(a) Pork and cabbage.
(c) Chicken and leeks.
(d) Beef and radishes.
3. Where do Winnie and Jimmy send Danru to keep him safe from Wen Fu?
(a) To Peanut's rooming house.
(b) To Old Aunt.
(c) To Hulan and Jiaguo's home in the north.
(d) To a small cottage in the countryside.
4. What season is depicted in the ancient scroll that Winnie's father throws tea at?
5. Who gives Pearl herbal pads to place on her arms and legs?
(b) Mrs. Hong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen tell Winnie about the fish she brought home from Bao-bao's reception?
2. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
3. On Winnie's visit after the war, what does she say to her aunts as they walk to the marketplace in Tsungming Island?
4. What does Winnie say about Wen Fu after he has men ransack the lawyer's office and tear up the divorce papers?
5. What does Helen tell Pearl about her brain tumor?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)