|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie have above her eye that a fortune teller says can make everything she sees turn black?
(a) A mole.
(b) A speck of dirt.
(c) Her bangs.
(d) A cyst.
2. Who delivers Peanut's letters to Wen Fu?
(b) The Postal Service.
(d) Her brothers.
3. What do the women make out of the old store room for the harvested tea?
(a) An extra bedroom.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A dining area.
(d) A bathhouse.
4. What kind of job does Pearl have?
(a) Speech and language clinician.
(b) Medical Assistant.
(c) Bookstore owner.
5. What kind of shop does Pearl's mother run?
(a) Kitchen shop.
(b) The Shop of the Gods.
(c) Flower shop.
(d) Cookie Factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ten items that Winnie saved from her dowry and hides in the lining of her suitcase?
2. Where do Hulan and Winnie go to meet up with their husbands in Chapter 11?
3. What does Wen Fu shoot on the road to Changsha?
4. In Chapter 6, what is Winnie's task on New Year's day?
5. Where do Peanut and Wen Fu meet in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Winnie tells her father she must leave her marriage?
2. Why does Winnie want to open the Secret Treasures box she finds under Pearl's bed?
3. Why does Winnie find it acceptable that Min is living with them?
4. What happens when Winnie buys a special fish for dinner to announce her news that she's found a job?
5. What is the relationship between Gan and Winnie?
6. How do Winnie and Pearl behave differently toward each other after they've shared their secrets?
7. Describe what Jiagou tells Winnie about Wen Fu's accident in the jeep.
8. Why does Winnie send Danru up north to stay with Hulan and Jiaguo?
9. Describe Jimmy Louie.
10. When Helen is bragging about her son to Winnie at the beginning of Chapter 4, what is Winnie's reaction?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)