|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie find under Pearl's bed as she's cleaning Pearl's bedroom?
(a) Secret Treasures box.
(b) Love letters from her first boyfriend.
(c) Old photo albums.
(d) Dust bunnies.
2. What does the little boy standing next to the lake shout at the air force pilots after they drive past him in Mr. Ma's truck?
(a) Come and get me!
(b) Runaways! Cowards!
(c) Good luck!
(d) See you soon!
3. What does Winnie find on the funeral card that Pearl had saved from her father's funeral?
(a) Hearts around her father's name.
(b) Pearl's name.
(c) A song she made up.
(d) Black marks covering the death date.
4. Where do Wen Fu and Winnie move to just one month after they are married?
5. What is spirit money?
(a) Money for giving to the church.
(b) Real money.
(c) Play money the dead use to bribe their way into heaven.
(d) Money that pays for the wreaths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger's nickname, Bao-bao, mean?
2. Where was Winnie's mother educated?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Aunt Helen say she is dying from?
4. Who tells Winnie gossip about the Wen family business three days before her wedding?
5. Why doesn't Winnie want to forget the past?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wen Fu's cruelty toward the man and his pig.
2. How does Wen Fu wreck his new sports car in the cemetery?
3. When do Winnie and Hulan first meet?
4. Why does Winnie find it acceptable that Min is living with them?
5. What does Jimmy Louie tell Winnie about who he wants to marry when they have tea together in Shanghai?
6. What kind of gossip does Peanut tell Winnie about the Wens' export business?
7. Why does Winnie send Danru up north to stay with Hulan and Jiaguo?
8. Why does Winnie want to open the Secret Treasures box she finds under Pearl's bed?
9. What happens to Winnie's dowry once she is married?
10. Why is Winnie so mad at Helen for buying a three-day-old fish?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)