|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a flattened cheek and a misshapen ear and bows three times to Auntie Du's body?
(a) Mary's cousin.
(c) Mr. Hwong.
(d) Older monk.
2. What does Winnie have above her eye that a fortune teller says can make everything she sees turn black?
(a) A mole.
(b) A cyst.
(c) A speck of dirt.
(d) Her bangs.
3. How does Wen Fu behave towards the other pilots when they're playing cards after dinner?
(a) Is silent with them.
(b) Scares them with his temper and then laughs at them.
(c) Talks politely with them.
(d) Tells coarse jokes to make them laugh.
4. Why doesn't Winnie want to forget the past?
(a) It was an enjoyable time.
(b) It still holds lessons for her.
(c) She misses it so much.
(d) She had the best life in China.
5. Where do Hulan and Winnie go to meet up with their husbands in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is training to be a pilot in Chapter 9?
2. What does Hulan break in Chapter 12?
3. What does Wen Fu bring Peanut home in?
4. Who tells Winnie gossip about the Wen family business three days before her wedding?
5. What surprises Pearl about Auntie Du's casket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winnie remember best about her mother?
2. How does Winnie think about her past as a stain on her life?
3. What happens when Winnie buys a special fish for dinner to announce her news that she's found a job?
4. What happens when Winnie tells her father she must leave her marriage?
5. How is Winnie's father affected by the war?
6. What do the telegrams say that Winnie and Jimmy send to each other after Winnie is released from jail?
7. How do the pilot's wives create a bathhouse for their own use?
8. What is the relationship between Winnie and Aunt Helen?
9. What kind of gossip does Peanut tell Winnie about the Wens' export business?
10. What is Wen Fu's final act toward Winnie, and how does she defend herself?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)