|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose credentials does Wen Fu use to become a pilot?
(a) A dead cousin's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His dead brother's.
(d) A neighbor's.
2. Who were the matron of honor and best man at Pearl's wedding?
(a) Katherine and Dave.
(b) Mary and Doug.
(c) Julia and Keegan.
(d) Jennifer and Michael.
3. Where do Pearl and her family live?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Jose.
4. Who takes Winnie shopping for her dowry?
(b) New Aunt.
(c) Old Aunt.
(d) San Ma.
5. What is Winnie's favorite piece of furniture that she bought for her dowry?
(b) Chamber pots.
(c) Lawn furniture.
(d) Vanity with a brocade bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wen Fu bring Peanut home in?
2. Who is Pearl's real father?
3. Who says "Daddy, there's a lady sleeping up there! And her dinner's on fire!"
4. At the end of Chapter 10, where do the pilots fight their first battle?
5. Who takes Tessa and Cleo out of the funeral parlor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winnie find when she returns to Tsungming Island to visit her aunts and uncle?
2. How does Winnie feel about her experience shopping for her dowry?
3. What does Auntie Du leave in her will to Pearl?
4. How does Little Yu's mother help Peanut leave her husband?
5. What does Winnie remember best about her mother?
6. Describe what Jiagou tells Winnie about Wen Fu's accident in the jeep.
7. What is Wen Fu's final act toward Winnie, and how does she defend herself?
8. What is Wen Fu's role in Yiku's death?
9. What does Winnie learn about Hulan's marriage when she reads Jiaguo's letter?
10. What happens to Winnie's dowry once she is married?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)