|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Winnie pay for the meals she makes for the pilots after they return from their missions?
(a) With money from her dowry.
(b) Takes up a collection from all the pilots.
(c) Wen Fu's salary.
(d) Borrows money from Hulan.
2. What kind of job does Pearl have?
(b) Bookstore owner.
(c) Speech and language clinician.
(d) Medical Assistant.
3. Who says "Daddy, there's a lady sleeping up there! And her dinner's on fire!"
4. How long do Winnie and Helen eat Auntie Du's funeral leftovers?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
5. What does Wen Fu shoot on the road to Changsha?
(a) A pig.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A duck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winnie give her sewing machine to as she leaves Nanking?
2. What does Winnie feed to Pearl when she visits in Chapter 5?
3. When Winnie and the others are escaping Nanking, how many suitcases are they allowed to bring?
4. Whose cooking does Winnie criticize at the funeral?
5. How much money does Peanut say she expects to receive from her future family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hulan know that Winnie is pregnant even before Winnie does?
2. What do the telegrams say that Winnie and Jimmy send to each other after Winnie is released from jail?
3. Why does Winnie find it acceptable that Min is living with them?
4. What happens when Pearl realizes that Wen Fu is her biological father?
5. What kind of items does Helen have in her big bag that she uses for a purse?
6. How is Winnie's father affected by the war?
7. Why does Winnie name the statue Lady Sorrowfree?
8. What does Winnie learn about Hulan's marriage when she reads Jiaguo's letter?
9. Why does Pearl feel silly about participating in the Buddhist ritual of chanting around Auntie Du's casket?
10. What is the relationship between Winnie and Aunt Helen?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)