|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who learns she is pregnant in Chapter 10?
2. When Winnie and the others are escaping Nanking, how many suitcases are they allowed to bring?
3. Who delivers Peanut's letters to Wen Fu?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) The Postal Service.
4. What kind of job does Pearl have?
(a) Bookstore owner.
(b) Medical Assistant.
(c) Speech and language clinician.
5. What is Winnie's favorite piece of furniture that she bought for her dowry?
(a) Chamber pots.
(c) Lawn furniture.
(d) Vanity with a brocade bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is spirit money?
2. At the end of Chapter 10, where do the pilots fight their first battle?
3. What is Bao-bao handing out at Auntie Du's funeral?
4. What does Winnie think of Helen?
5. What do Tessa and Cleo call their grandmother Winnie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of items does Helen have in her big bag that she uses for a purse?
2. What does Winnie find when she returns to Tsungming Island to visit her aunts and uncle?
3. What happens when Winnie tells her father she must leave her marriage?
4. What is the reason Auntie Du bought three pounds of tea?
5. How does Winnie feel about her experience shopping for her dowry?
6. What does Winnie remember best about her mother?
7. Why does Winnie send Danru up north to stay with Hulan and Jiaguo?
8. What do the telegrams say that Winnie and Jimmy send to each other after Winnie is released from jail?
9. What happens when Winnie buys a special fish for dinner to announce her news that she's found a job?
10. In the pavilion on the day it rains, what secret about her sister does Hulan share with Winnie?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)