|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the matron of honor and best man at Pearl's wedding?
(a) Julia and Keegan.
(b) Katherine and Dave.
(c) Mary and Doug.
(d) Jennifer and Michael.
2. Who does Aunt Helen say Pearl needs to tell about her disease?
(b) Her doctor.
(d) Her mother.
3. What was the nickname Winnie's mother had for her daughter?
(a) Big baby.
(b) Little one.
(c) Syin ke.
(d) Wah-wah yu.
4. At Auntie Du's funeral, who does Pearl think of and begin to grieve for?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her lost cat.
(d) Her father.
5. In Chapter 12, what does Wen Fu spend Winnie's dowry money on?
(c) An old sports car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winnie give her sewing machine to as she leaves Nanking?
2. What does Winnie find under Pearl's bed as she's cleaning Pearl's bedroom?
3. How old was Winnie when her mother disappeared?
4. Who is Lin?
5. How old is Auntie Du when she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pearl realizes that Wen Fu is her biological father?
2. Why does Winnie want to open the Secret Treasures box she finds under Pearl's bed?
3. Why does Winnie name her child Danru?
4. What is Wen Fu's final act toward Winnie, and how does she defend herself?
5. What happens when Winnie tells her father she must leave her marriage?
6. What is Wen Fu's reaction as they travel along the tops of the mountains, above the clouds?
7. What actions does Winnie take to help heal Pearl?
8. When Helen is bragging about her son to Winnie at the beginning of Chapter 4, what is Winnie's reaction?
9. Why does Peanut refuse to see Wen Fu when he visits her home?
10. How do the pilot's wives create a bathhouse for their own use?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)