|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie say she acted like when she was newly married?
(d) A foolish young girl.
2. Who is Pearl's real father?
(a) Uncle Henry.
(b) Wen Fu.
(c) Robert Davis.
3. How does Winnie pay for the meals she makes for the pilots after they return from their missions?
(a) Borrows money from Hulan.
(b) Takes up a collection from all the pilots.
(c) With money from her dowry.
(d) Wen Fu's salary.
4. What color is Winnie's house?
(b) Day-Glo pink.
5. Why doesn't Winnie want to forget the past?
(a) It was an enjoyable time.
(b) It still holds lessons for her.
(c) She had the best life in China.
(d) She misses it so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hulan break in Chapter 12?
2. What color was Winnie's mother's hair?
3. What is Pearl's mother's name?
4. What does Roger's nickname, Bao-bao, mean?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Helen tell Winnie she plans to reveal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winnie learn about Hulan's marriage when she reads Jiaguo's letter?
2. How does Hulan know that Winnie is pregnant even before Winnie does?
3. Describe Wen Fu's cruelty toward the man and his pig.
4. How does Winnie react when her mother has disappeared and doesn't return to their bedroom?
5. Describe Jimmy Louie.
6. How does Winnie think about her past as a stain on her life?
7. What is the reason Auntie Du bought three pounds of tea?
8. What does Winnie find when she returns to Tsungming Island to visit her aunts and uncle?
9. The white leaflets that the Japanese drop from their planes over Nanking when Winnie and Hulan are at the market say what?
10. Describe what Jiagou tells Winnie about Wen Fu's accident in the jeep.
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)