|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie say she acted like when she was newly married?
(c) A foolish young girl.
2. Who were the matron of honor and best man at Pearl's wedding?
(a) Katherine and Dave.
(b) Mary and Doug.
(c) Jennifer and Michael.
(d) Julia and Keegan.
3. What are the ten items that Winnie saved from her dowry and hides in the lining of her suitcase?
(a) Fur stoles.
(d) Silver chopsticks.
4. What does Hulan break in Chapter 12?
5. What does Winnie make that ends up being too tight?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Winnie and Helen eat Auntie Du's funeral leftovers?
2. What kind of shop does Pearl's mother run?
3. Where does Winnie sleep when she stays at her father's house before her wedding?
4. Where was Winnie's mother educated?
5. What does Winnie feed to Pearl when she visits in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pearl feel silly about participating in the Buddhist ritual of chanting around Auntie Du's casket?
2. How is Winnie's father affected by the war?
3. What happens to Winnie's dowry once she is married?
4. What is Wen Fu's final act toward Winnie, and how does she defend herself?
5. Why does Jiaguo consider having to court martial Wen Fu after a battle with Japanese planes outside of Nanking?
6. What is the relationship between Gan and Winnie?
7. Why does Peanut refuse to see Wen Fu when he visits her home?
8. What does the fortune teller say she can do to change Winnie's bad luck?
9. What kind of items does Helen have in her big bag that she uses for a purse?
10. What does Winnie find Peanut doing in her room at the rooming house in Shanghai?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)