|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Winnie when her mother disappeared?
(d) Just a baby.
2. At Auntie Du's funeral, what are Phil and Pearl given when they first enter?
(a) Black armbands.
(b) Parking stub.
(d) Quilt pieces.
3. What disease does Pearl have?
(c) Multiple Sclerosis.
(d) Heart disease.
4. In Chapter 6, what is Winnie's task on New Year's day?
(a) To wash all the dishes.
(b) To tend the animals.
(c) To sweep the courtyard.
(d) To mend the family's clothes.
5. What kind of job does Pearl have?
(b) Bookstore owner.
(c) Medical Assistant.
(d) Speech and language clinician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women make out of the old store room for the harvested tea?
2. What does Winnie feed to Pearl when she visits in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Lin?
4. What did they call Betty Wan during wartime?
5. What are the ten items that Winnie saved from her dowry and hides in the lining of her suitcase?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Jiagou tells Winnie about Wen Fu's accident in the jeep.
2. What does Winnie remember best about her mother?
3. Describe how Wen Fu takes over Winnie's father's house.
4. When Winnie confronts Wen Fu about abusing the servant girl, what does Wen Fu do to Yiku?
5. How does Winnie think about her past as a stain on her life?
6. Why is Winnie arrested and jailed?
7. What kind of gossip does Peanut tell Winnie about the Wens' export business?
8. How do the pilot's wives create a bathhouse for their own use?
9. What is the relationship between Gan and Winnie?
10. What happens to Winnie's dowry once she is married?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)