|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Auntie Du when she dies?
2. What does Wen Fu shoot on the road to Changsha?
(a) A pig.
(b) A duck.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A rabbit.
3. What is Pearl's mother's name?
(a) Ruth Ellen.
4. At Auntie Du's funeral, who does Pearl think of and begin to grieve for?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her lost cat.
(d) Her mother.
5. Who is Wen Fu?
(a) The local doctor.
(b) Winnie's friend.
(c) Winnie's first husband.
(d) A business competitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname Winnie's mother had for her daughter?
2. Who is Lin?
3. Who is videotaping Auntie Du's funeral?
4. Who is Phil?
5. How much money does Wen Fu's family give to Winnie's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Winnie so mad at Helen for buying a three-day-old fish?
2. Why does Winnie name the statue Lady Sorrowfree?
3. What happens when Pearl realizes that Wen Fu is her biological father?
4. Describe how Wen Fu takes over Winnie's father's house.
5. When do Winnie and Hulan first meet?
6. What kind of gossip does Peanut tell Winnie about the Wens' export business?
7. What happens to Winnie's dowry once she is married?
8. What is the relationship between Gan and Winnie?
9. What do the telegrams say that Winnie and Jimmy send to each other after Winnie is released from jail?
10. How does Little Yu's mother help Peanut leave her husband?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)