|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of luck does Winnie say she was born with?
(a) Average luck.
(b) Good luck.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) No luck.
2. What is the biggest secret between Winnie and Helen?
(a) That Helen is not her sister-in-law.
(b) Helen grew up in San Francisco.
(c) Helen is her cousin.
(d) Helen is her daughter.
3. Who takes Tessa and Cleo out of the funeral parlor?
(d) Uncle Henry.
4. What did they call Betty Wan during wartime?
(a) Big Betty.
(b) Beautiful Betty.
(c) Bratty Betty.
(d) Baby Betty.
5. Who is Pearl's least favorite cousin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Hulan and Winnie like to go during thunderstorms in Chapter 10?
2. What is Winnie's favorite piece of furniture that she bought for her dowry?
3. What does Winnie have above her eye that a fortune teller says can make everything she sees turn black?
4. Who does Winnie give her sewing machine to as she leaves Nanking?
5. Who says "Daddy, there's a lady sleeping up there! And her dinner's on fire!"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Winnie learn about Hulan's marriage when she reads Jiaguo's letter?
2. Why does Pearl no longer like her cousin Mary?
3. Why does Winnie want to open the Secret Treasures box she finds under Pearl's bed?
4. What is the relationship between Winnie and Aunt Helen?
5. What is the relationship between Helen and Winnie?
6. What do the telegrams say that Winnie and Jimmy send to each other after Winnie is released from jail?
7. What does Winnie find when she returns to Tsungming Island to visit her aunts and uncle?
8. What is the relationship between Gan and Winnie?
9. Describe Jimmy Louie.
10. What actions does Winnie take to help heal Pearl?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)