|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie find under Pearl's bed as she's cleaning Pearl's bedroom?
(a) Dust bunnies.
(b) Secret Treasures box.
(c) Love letters from her first boyfriend.
(d) Old photo albums.
2. How old was Winnie when her mother disappeared?
(b) Just a baby.
3. In Chapter 12, what does Wen Fu spend Winnie's dowry money on?
(c) An old sports car.
4. In Chapter 3, what does Helen tell Winnie she plans to reveal?
(a) Her daughter's affair.
(b) Her fish recipe.
(c) How she saves money.
(d) All of Winnie's past secrets.
5. What was the nickname Winnie's mother had for her daughter?
(a) Little one.
(b) Syin ke.
(c) Wah-wah yu.
(d) Big baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who learns she is pregnant in Chapter 10?
2. What is spirit money?
3. Whose cooking does Winnie criticize at the funeral?
4. When Winnie and the others are escaping Nanking, how many suitcases are they allowed to bring?
5. Why doesn't Winnie want to take her sweater off after church services in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Helen and Winnie?
2. How does Hulan know that Winnie is pregnant even before Winnie does?
3. Why does Winnie name the statue Lady Sorrowfree?
4. What do the telegrams say that Winnie and Jimmy send to each other after Winnie is released from jail?
5. What happens to Winnie's dowry once she is married?
6. What does Winnie learn about Hulan's marriage when she reads Jiaguo's letter?
7. What is Wen Fu's final act toward Winnie, and how does she defend herself?
8. How does Winnie think about her past as a stain on her life?
9. What does Winnie remember best about her mother?
10. Why does Winnie want to open the Secret Treasures box she finds under Pearl's bed?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)