|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pearl's least favorite cousin?
2. Who is Lin?
(a) A stranger at the church.
(b) A friend of Helen's.
(c) A good man Winnie could have married in China.
(d) Winnie's podiatrist.
3. What color is Winnie's house?
(a) Day-Glo pink.
4. Who says he saw a ghost who told him he would experience nine bad fates before he died?
(a) Mr. Ma.
5. How old is Bao-bao when he gets engaged for the third time?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Helen tell Winnie she plans to reveal?
2. Who dies in childbirth while a pilot and Hulan try to help her?
3. What was the nickname Winnie's mother had for her daughter?
4. How much money does Peanut say she expects to receive from her future family?
5. Where do Pearl and her family live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pearl no longer like her cousin Mary?
2. What do the telegrams say that Winnie and Jimmy send to each other after Winnie is released from jail?
3. When do Winnie and Hulan first meet?
4. In the pavilion on the day it rains, what secret about her sister does Hulan share with Winnie?
5. Why does Winnie send Danru up north to stay with Hulan and Jiaguo?
6. Why does Pearl feel silly about participating in the Buddhist ritual of chanting around Auntie Du's casket?
7. What happens when Winnie buys a special fish for dinner to announce her news that she's found a job?
8. What surprises Pearl at Auntie Du's funeral?
9. Why does Pearl keep her multiple sclerosis a secret from her mother?
10. What kind of items does Helen have in her big bag that she uses for a purse?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)