|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie have above her eye that a fortune teller says can make everything she sees turn black?
(a) A cyst.
(b) A speck of dirt.
(c) A mole.
(d) Her bangs.
2. Who takes Winnie shopping for her dowry?
(a) San Ma.
(c) New Aunt.
(d) Old Aunt.
3. Who uses a red wedding skirt as a guide on the mountain road?
(a) Wen Fu.
4. What does Winnie say she acted like when she was newly married?
(c) A foolish young girl.
5. What does Roger's nickname, Bao-bao, mean?
(a) Precious baby.
(b) Youngest child.
(c) Silly one.
(d) Big baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Wen Fu's family give to Winnie's father?
2. What does Hulan break in Chapter 12?
3. Who is Wen Fu?
4. What kind of shop does Pearl's mother run?
5. Who does Aunt Helen say Pearl needs to tell about her disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Winnie send Danru up north to stay with Hulan and Jiaguo?
2. Why does Winnie believe she killed her unborn baby when she drops the scissors?
3. What is Wen Fu's role in Yiku's death?
4. Why is Winnie arrested and jailed?
5. What does Jimmy Louie tell Winnie about who he wants to marry when they have tea together in Shanghai?
6. How does the one dance with Jimmy get Winnie into trouble?
7. What actions does Winnie take to help heal Pearl?
8. What happens to Winnie's dowry once she is married?
9. What does Winnie find Peanut doing in her room at the rooming house in Shanghai?
10. What happens when Winnie tells her father she must leave her marriage?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)