|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie have above her eye that a fortune teller says can make everything she sees turn black?
(a) A mole.
(b) A cyst.
(c) Her bangs.
(d) A speck of dirt.
2. Who is Pearl's real father?
(a) Wen Fu.
(c) Robert Davis.
(d) Uncle Henry.
3. In Chapter 12, what does Wen Fu spend Winnie's dowry money on?
(a) An old sports car.
4. How does Winnie pay for the meals she makes for the pilots after they return from their missions?
(a) Wen Fu's salary.
(b) Takes up a collection from all the pilots.
(c) With money from her dowry.
(d) Borrows money from Hulan.
5. What is Pearl's mother's name?
(c) Ruth Ellen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says he saw a ghost who told him he would experience nine bad fates before he died?
2. Who is Wen Chen?
3. At Auntie Du's funeral, what are Phil and Pearl given when they first enter?
4. What profession does Lin have?
5. Who is Lin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Jiagou tells Winnie about Wen Fu's accident in the jeep.
2. How is Winnie's father affected by the war?
3. Describe Jimmy Louie.
4. What happens when Winnie buys a special fish for dinner to announce her news that she's found a job?
5. What does Auntie Du leave in her will to Pearl?
6. What does Jimmy Louie tell Winnie about who he wants to marry when they have tea together in Shanghai?
7. What do the telegrams say that Winnie and Jimmy send to each other after Winnie is released from jail?
8. How does Little Yu's mother help Peanut leave her husband?
9. The white leaflets that the Japanese drop from their planes over Nanking when Winnie and Hulan are at the market say what?
10. How does Winnie show her innocence about marriage?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)