|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ten items that Winnie saved from her dowry and hides in the lining of her suitcase?
(a) Fur stoles.
(d) Silver chopsticks.
2. What does Roger's nickname, Bao-bao, mean?
(a) Precious baby.
(b) Big baby.
(c) Silly one.
(d) Youngest child.
3. What is Wen Fu doing when Peanut first meets him?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Talking with government officials.
(c) Selling candy.
(d) An actor asking for a donation.
4. What do the women make out of the old store room for the harvested tea?
(a) A dining area.
(b) An extra bedroom.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A bathhouse.
5. At the end of Chapter 10, where do the pilots fight their first battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is training to be a pilot in Chapter 9?
2. What name do Peanut and Winnie use for each other right before Winnie is married?
3. How much money does Wen Fu's family give to Winnie's father?
4. Who dies in childbirth while a pilot and Hulan try to help her?
5. What does Winnie read in the Pavillion while snacking on a variety of foods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Winnie and Pearl behave differently toward each other after they've shared their secrets?
2. What kind of gossip does Peanut tell Winnie about the Wens' export business?
3. What does the fortune teller say she can do to change Winnie's bad luck?
4. When Helen is bragging about her son to Winnie at the beginning of Chapter 4, what is Winnie's reaction?
5. What actions does Winnie take to help heal Pearl?
6. How does Hulan know that Winnie is pregnant even before Winnie does?
7. Why does Winnie find it acceptable that Min is living with them?
8. How does Winnie feel about her experience shopping for her dowry?
9. What do the telegrams say that Winnie and Jimmy send to each other after Winnie is released from jail?
10. Why does Pearl feel silly about participating in the Buddhist ritual of chanting around Auntie Du's casket?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)