|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Winnie's visit after the war, what does she say to her aunts as they walk to the marketplace in Tsungming Island?
(a) She'll see them again soon.
(b) They didn't love her enough.
(c) She wants to visit Peanut.
(d) She misses her mother.
2. At the rooming house, who gives Winnie advice on how she can run away from Wen Fu?
(a) Little Yu's mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Old Aunt.
(d) New Aunt.
3. Where do Helen and Winnie go shopping at the end of the novel?
(a) Sam Fook Trading Company.
(b) The chinese dress shop.
(c) Mr. Wong's tea shop.
(d) The cookie factory.
4. What country are Winnie and Helen making plans to travel to in Chapter 25?
5. What wish does Winnie give her roommates when she leaves jail?
(a) To wish her well.
(b) That they have a better life.
(c) That she will set them free.
(d) To eat well.
6. What does Winnie say the Double Seventh day is supposed to be?
(a) The coolest day.
(b) A lucky day.
(c) A sunny day.
(d) A day of rain.
7. What name does Jimmy Louie give Wen Fu?
8. In Chapter 15, who destroys the hospital kitchen in anger because they won't serve him?
(a) Mr. Lui.
(b) Wen Fu.
9. When Winnie tells her father that she must leave her marriage, what does he give her?
(a) Her mother's jewelry.
(b) The antique scroll.
(c) Three gold ingots.
(d) Paper money.
10. What does Helen tell Pearl about her brain tumor?
(a) It's shrinking.
(b) It hurts her head.
(c) She made it up.
(d) It's growing.
11. Who is Jimmy Louie?
(a) Friend of Jiaguo.
(b) Wen Fu's cousin.
(c) Chinese-American translator.
(d) Hulan's brother.
12. What color is the cloth that Winnie gives to Hulan after she convinces Jiaguo not to charge Wen Fu for driving the jeep without permission?
13. How long do Winnie and Danru stay at her uncle's house when they visit after the war?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) A long weekend.
14. What gift do Pearl and Phil give Bao-bao and Mimi?
(a) Glass martini set.
(d) Wine glasses.
15. Who is Danu?
(a) Hulan's cousin.
(b) Auntie Du's brother.
(c) Min's daughter.
(d) Winnie and Wen Fu's third child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kuang An?
2. Why doesMrs. Liang give Jimmy Louie a photograph of her four daughters?
3. Who does Winnie fear is killed after she lives through a bombing in Kunming?
4. Who tells Winnie that Min is a sister of a pilot friend who has nowhere to stay?
5. Who is having a second honeymoon in Chapter 26?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)