|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie drop when she's singing to her baby in Chapter 14?
2. What wish does Winnie give her roommates when she leaves jail?
(a) To eat well.
(b) To wish her well.
(c) That they have a better life.
(d) That she will set them free.
3. Who throws a cup of tea at an ancient painting when the Japanese visit him at his home?
(a) Winnie's father.
(c) Peanut's father.
(d) Wen Fu.
4. Who is pregnant and comes to visit Winnie in jail?
5. Who makes a promise to accept life without complaint at the end of Chapter 17?
(d) Aunt Du.
6. What wrapping paper does Winnie use to wrap Bao-bao and Mimi's wedding gift?
(a) Red Christmas paper.
(b) Chinese paper.
(c) Silver paper.
(d) Brown wrapping paper.
7. What does Winnie remember that she has stashed away in her suitcase lining when Aunt Du says they haven't eaten well in months?
(a) Dried apricots.
(b) Savings bonds.
(c) The silver chopsticks.
(d) More money.
8. What does Danru present to Old Aunt when he and his mother visit her after the war has ended?
(b) Ginseng root.
9. What does the landlady's dog eat in Chapter 23?
(a) Peanut's painting.
(b) Jimmy's robe.
(c) Winnie's slippers.
(d) Danru's blanket.
10. What does Helen tell Winnie about the fish she brought home from Bao-bao's reception?
(a) It was delicious.
(b) Very tender.
(c) Winnie was right about it not tasting good the next day.
(d) As good as it was the day of the wedding.
11. Who buys a new pair of eye glasses in Chapter 17?
(d) Wen Fu.
12. Who is Kuang An?
(a) Jimmy's friend.
(b) The guard.
(c) Winnie's lawyer.
(d) Hulan's second husband.
13. Why does Wen Fu have an accident when he is driving the stolen jeep?
(a) He is driving too fast.
(b) His gas tank explodes.
(c) He crashes into a truck.
(d) The jeep loses brake power.
14. What season is depicted in the ancient scroll that Winnie's father throws tea at?
15. Who does Winnie fear is killed after she lives through a bombing in Kunming?
(a) Aunt Du.
(c) Her servant.
(d) The cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Yiku when she dies?
2. At the rooming house, who gives Winnie advice on how she can run away from Wen Fu?
3. What is an "Air Mail Special"?
4. Who gives Winnie Peanut's address?
5. How does the city of Kunming warn people that Japanese planes are coming?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)