|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie drop when she's singing to her baby in Chapter 14?
2. Who comesfrom Harbin to tell Winnie the news about Danru's death?
(a) Aunt Du.
3. Who tells Winnie that Min is a sister of a pilot friend who has nowhere to stay?
(d) Wen Fu.
4. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
(d) Dried cakes of donkey dung.
5. Where does Winnie first see Min?
(a) Sleeping in her bed.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) At a play.
(d) At the marketplace.
6. According to Winnie, where is the best tea in the world?
(c) San Francisco.
7. What does San Ma call the Japanese who took over businesses in Shanghai during the war?
(c) Radish eaters.
(d) Respected ones.
8. Who does Jimmy Louie ask to dance?
9. What name does Winnie give the statue she bought for Pearl's altar?
(a) Helpful Buddha.
(b) Mrs. Kitchen God.
(c) Lady Sorrowfree.
(d) Goddess of Mercy.
10. Who gives Winnie Peanut's address?
(a) The cook.
(c) Little Gong.
(d) New Aunt.
11. Who makes a promise to accept life without complaint at the end of Chapter 17?
(c) Aunt Du.
12. Who is Jimmy Louie?
(a) Friend of Jiaguo.
(b) Chinese-American translator.
(c) Wen Fu's cousin.
(d) Hulan's brother.
13. What color is the cloth that Winnie gives to Hulan after she convinces Jiaguo not to charge Wen Fu for driving the jeep without permission?
14. What season is depicted in the ancient scroll that Winnie's father throws tea at?
15. When Winnie tells her father that she must leave her marriage, what does he give her?
(a) The antique scroll.
(b) Paper money.
(c) Three gold ingots.
(d) Her mother's jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country are Winnie and Helen making plans to travel to in Chapter 25?
2. Why doesMrs. Liang give Jimmy Louie a photograph of her four daughters?
3. Who does Winnie fear is killed after she lives through a bombing in Kunming?
4. What does Hulan give Winnie as a parting gift before they leave Kunming once the war has ended?
5. Who does Winnie see again at a book shop in Shanghai after the war is over?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)