|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day Winnie runs away, what does she tell her mother-in-law about Old Aunt?
(a) Her health is not so good and she needs to visit her.
(b) She is in good spirits.
(c) She doesn't want any visitors.
(d) She is asking about Peanut.
2. Who is pregnant and comes to visit Winnie in jail?
3. How long do Winnie and Danru stay at her uncle's house when they visit after the war?
(a) A long weekend.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What does Winnie tell Pearl she should drink three or four times a day to help cure her multiple sclerosis?
(d) Hot water.
5. Where do Winnie and Jimmy send Danru to keep him safe from Wen Fu?
(a) To Hulan and Jiaguo's home in the north.
(b) To Old Aunt.
(c) To Peanut's rooming house.
(d) To a small cottage in the countryside.
6. What does Helen tell Pearl about her brain tumor?
(a) She made it up.
(b) It hurts her head.
(c) It's shrinking.
(d) It's growing.
7. Who does Winnie go to live with when she runs away from Wen Fu?
(a) Aunt Du.
(b) Old Aunt.
(d) Jimmy Louie.
8. What is the secret code Jimmy says Winnie should use when she calls to indicate she's ready to run away from Wen Fu?
(a) "Open the door, you can already see the mountain."
(b) "The lake is frozen."
(c) "Shut the window, don't let the air in."
(d) "Blue skies smile on us."
9. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
(c) Dried cakes of donkey dung.
10. How many servants does Winnie hire before she has to take care of Wen Fu herself as he recovers from his jeep accident?
11. What are Wen Fu's injuries from the jeep accident?
(a) Broken leg.
(b) Cracked ribs and broken ankle.
(d) Head injury and blinded in one eye.
12. What happens to Winnie when she comes out of the beauty parlor in Chapter 23?
(a) She's arrested and put in jail.
(b) A big wind ruins her hair.
(c) She's splashed by a bicyclist.
(d) She's photographed.
13. What season is depicted in the ancient scroll that Winnie's father throws tea at?
14. On Winnie's visit after the war, what does she say to her aunts as they walk to the marketplace in Tsungming Island?
(a) She misses her mother.
(b) She wants to visit Peanut.
(c) She'll see them again soon.
(d) They didn't love her enough.
15. What good news does Winnie learn at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Her mother is alive.
(b) Her dowry is replenished.
(c) Wen Fu is in jail.
(d) The war is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Winnie Peanut's address?
2. What does Danru present to Old Aunt when he and his mother visit her after the war has ended?
3. When Hulan receives a letter from Jiaguo while she's living in Kunming, who reads it to her?
4. What job does Little Yu's mother have at the rooming house?
5. Who is Yiku?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)