|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks the table legs in half so it is small enough to get out of Jiang Sao-yen's study?
(a) Wen Fu's father.
(b) Wen Fu.
(c) The man who bought the table.
(d) Winnie's father.
2. Why do the women at Peanut's rooming house like bitter melon?
(a) For the conversation that comes with it.
(b) It is juicy.
(c) It is a rare fruit.
(d) It tastes sweet.
3. What is an "Air Mail Special"?
(a) Air force joke.
(b) Post Office service.
(c) A lindy-hop song.
(d) International title.
4. Who buys a new pair of eye glasses in Chapter 17?
(b) Wen Fu.
5. Who comesfrom Harbin to tell Winnie the news about Danru's death?
(c) Aunt Du.
6. What does Winnie think that Wen Fu will do to her father if she leaves him?
(a) Send him to his relatives.
(b) Stop feeding him.
(c) Lock him in his room.
(d) Have him killed as a traitor.
7. What does Danru present to Old Aunt when he and his mother visit her after the war has ended?
(c) Ginseng root.
8. Who does Winnie think is Pearl's father?
(d) Wen Fu.
9. How does Winnie get her airplane tickets back from Wen Fu?
(a) Threatens to shoot him.
(b) Blinds him with mace.
(c) Knocks him out.
(d) Grabs them when he's not looking.
10. Who gives Winnie Peanut's address?
(a) Little Gong.
(b) The cook.
(c) New Aunt.
11. What does Winnie remember that she has stashed away in her suitcase lining when Aunt Du says they haven't eaten well in months?
(a) More money.
(b) The silver chopsticks.
(c) Dried apricots.
(d) Savings bonds.
12. What does the name Danu mean?
13. According to Winnie, where is the best tea in the world?
(c) San Francisco.
14. What happens to Winnie when she comes out of the beauty parlor in Chapter 23?
(a) A big wind ruins her hair.
(b) She's photographed.
(c) She's arrested and put in jail.
(d) She's splashed by a bicyclist.
15. Why doesMrs. Liang give Jimmy Louie a photograph of her four daughters?
(a) To update him on her family.
(b) To give to a mutual friend.
(c) Because his aunt requests it.
(d) So he could choose one for his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having a second honeymoon in Chapter 26?
2. Who says, "my husband was zibuyong"?
3. What does Winnie give Peanut when she visits her at the rooming house in Shanghai?
4. Who does Winnie go to live with when she runs away from Wen Fu?
5. What does Winnie drop when she's singing to her baby in Chapter 14?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)