|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jimmy Louie?
(a) Chinese-American translator.
(b) Hulan's brother.
(c) Friend of Jiaguo.
(d) Wen Fu's cousin.
2. What does Winnie say the Double Seventh day is supposed to be?
(a) A sunny day.
(b) A day of rain.
(c) A lucky day.
(d) The coolest day.
3. Where do Winnie and Jimmy send Danru to keep him safe from Wen Fu?
(a) To Peanut's rooming house.
(b) To Hulan and Jiaguo's home in the north.
(c) To a small cottage in the countryside.
(d) To Old Aunt.
4. Who thinks Old Aunt has a sickness to match every herb?
(a) Wen Fu's mother.
(b) Winnie's father.
5. What color is the cloth that Winnie gives to Hulan after she convinces Jiaguo not to charge Wen Fu for driving the jeep without permission?
6. Why doesMrs. Liang give Jimmy Louie a photograph of her four daughters?
(a) To give to a mutual friend.
(b) So he could choose one for his wife.
(c) To update him on her family.
(d) Because his aunt requests it.
7. What wish does Winnie give her roommates when she leaves jail?
(a) To eat well.
(b) That they have a better life.
(c) To wish her well.
(d) That she will set them free.
8. What is the secret code Jimmy says Winnie should use when she calls to indicate she's ready to run away from Wen Fu?
(a) "Blue skies smile on us."
(b) "Open the door, you can already see the mountain."
(c) "Shut the window, don't let the air in."
(d) "The lake is frozen."
9. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
(a) Dried cakes of donkey dung.
10. Who does Winnie go to live with when she runs away from Wen Fu?
(a) Jimmy Louie.
(c) Aunt Du.
(d) Old Aunt.
11. Who buys a new pair of eye glasses in Chapter 17?
(a) Wen Fu.
12. Who gives Pearl herbal pads to place on her arms and legs?
(c) Mrs. Hong.
13. What was Min's job in Shanghai?
(a) A shopkeeper in the market.
(c) As a laundress.
14. What does the landlady's dog eat in Chapter 23?
(a) Winnie's slippers.
(b) Jimmy's robe.
(c) Peanut's painting.
(d) Danru's blanket.
15. Who does Winnie fear is killed after she lives through a bombing in Kunming?
(a) Her servant.
(b) The cook.
(d) Aunt Du.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie think that Wen Fu will do to her father if she leaves him?
2. Who tells Winnie that Min is a sister of a pilot friend who has nowhere to stay?
3. What wrapping paper does Winnie use to wrap Bao-bao and Mimi's wedding gift?
4. What job does Little Yu's mother have at the rooming house?
5. Who breaks the table legs in half so it is small enough to get out of Jiang Sao-yen's study?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)