|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name Danu mean?
2. Who makes a promise to accept life without complaint at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Aunt Du.
3. On the day Winnie runs away, what does she tell her mother-in-law about Old Aunt?
(a) She doesn't want any visitors.
(b) She is in good spirits.
(c) She is asking about Peanut.
(d) Her health is not so good and she needs to visit her.
4. What does Old Aunt send to Peanut when Winnie visits her rooming house in Shanghai?
(c) Face powder.
(d) A small silver mirror.
5. Who says, "my husband was zibuyong"?
(b) Little Yu.
6. On Winnie's visit after the war, what does she say to her aunts as they walk to the marketplace in Tsungming Island?
(a) She wants to visit Peanut.
(b) She misses her mother.
(c) She'll see them again soon.
(d) They didn't love her enough.
7. How old is Winnie when the war ends?
8. Who does Winnie fear is killed after she lives through a bombing in Kunming?
(a) Aunt Du.
(b) Her servant.
(c) The cook.
9. According to Winnie, where is the best tea in the world?
(c) San Francisco.
10. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
(b) Dried cakes of donkey dung.
11. At the rooming house, who gives Winnie advice on how she can run away from Wen Fu?
(a) Her father.
(b) New Aunt.
(c) Little Yu's mother.
(d) Old Aunt.
12. How many servants does Winnie hire before she has to take care of Wen Fu herself as he recovers from his jeep accident?
13. Where do Winnie and Jimmy send Danru to keep him safe from Wen Fu?
(a) To a small cottage in the countryside.
(b) To Hulan and Jiaguo's home in the north.
(c) To Old Aunt.
(d) To Peanut's rooming house.
14. Where do Helen and Winnie go shopping at the end of the novel?
(a) Sam Fook Trading Company.
(b) The chinese dress shop.
(c) The cookie factory.
(d) Mr. Wong's tea shop.
15. Who is Yiku?
(a) Winnie and Wen Fu's second child.
(b) The servant's name.
(c) A shopkeeper's daughter.
(d) Hulan and Jiaguo's child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesMrs. Liang give Jimmy Louie a photograph of her four daughters?
2. Who throws a cup of tea at an ancient painting when the Japanese visit him at his home?
3. What color is the cloth that Winnie gives to Hulan after she convinces Jiaguo not to charge Wen Fu for driving the jeep without permission?
4. What kind of dance do Winnie and Hulan attend around Christmas, 1941?
5. What are Wen Fu's injuries from the jeep accident?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)