|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesMrs. Liang give Jimmy Louie a photograph of her four daughters?
(a) To give to a mutual friend.
(b) To update him on her family.
(c) Because his aunt requests it.
(d) So he could choose one for his wife.
2. What wrapping paper does Winnie use to wrap Bao-bao and Mimi's wedding gift?
(a) Silver paper.
(b) Chinese paper.
(c) Brown wrapping paper.
(d) Red Christmas paper.
3. What color is the cloth that Winnie gives to Hulan after she convinces Jiaguo not to charge Wen Fu for driving the jeep without permission?
4. Who comesfrom Harbin to tell Winnie the news about Danru's death?
(a) Aunt Du.
5. How does the city of Kunming warn people that Japanese planes are coming?
(a) Closing city hall.
(c) Posting warnings.
(d) Sirens and loudspeakers.
6. What job does Little Yu's mother have at the rooming house?
(c) Draws pictures.
(d) Reads aloud to the women
7. What does Winnie give Peanut when she visits her at the rooming house in Shanghai?
(d) Hair ribbons.
8. Who does Winnie see again at a book shop in Shanghai after the war is over?
(a) Jimmy Louie.
(c) Old Aunt.
9. What gift do Pearl and Phil give Bao-bao and Mimi?
(b) Glass martini set.
(c) Wine glasses.
10. How old is Winnie when the war ends?
11. What does Wen Fu do when Yiku gets sick on the Double Seventh day?
(a) Escorts the doctor to his home.
(b) Immediately brings her to the hospital.
(c) Won't let the doctor go to her.
(d) Takes care of her himself.
12. Who is Kuang An?
(a) Hulan's second husband.
(b) Jimmy's friend.
(c) Winnie's lawyer.
(d) The guard.
13. Why do the women at Peanut's rooming house like bitter melon?
(a) It is a rare fruit.
(b) It tastes sweet.
(c) For the conversation that comes with it.
(d) It is juicy.
14. Who breaks the table legs in half so it is small enough to get out of Jiang Sao-yen's study?
(a) Winnie's father.
(b) Wen Fu's father.
(c) The man who bought the table.
(d) Wen Fu.
15. Who is Yiku?
(a) Hulan and Jiaguo's child.
(b) Winnie and Wen Fu's second child.
(c) A shopkeeper's daughter.
(d) The servant's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Winnie Peanut's address?
2. What do the Red Cross send to the dance in Chapter 18?
3. What does Hulan give Winnie as a parting gift before they leave Kunming once the war has ended?
4. What does Danru present to Old Aunt when he and his mother visit her after the war has ended?
5. What does Winnie tell Pearl she should drink three or four times a day to help cure her multiple sclerosis?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)