|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does San Ma call the Japanese who took over businesses in Shanghai during the war?
(a) Respected ones.
(d) Radish eaters.
2. What does Winnie tell Pearl she should drink three or four times a day to help cure her multiple sclerosis?
(c) Hot water.
3. Who breaks the table legs in half so it is small enough to get out of Jiang Sao-yen's study?
(a) The man who bought the table.
(b) Wen Fu.
(c) Winnie's father.
(d) Wen Fu's father.
4. What does the landlady's dog eat in Chapter 23?
(a) Peanut's painting.
(b) Winnie's slippers.
(c) Jimmy's robe.
(d) Danru's blanket.
5. How many servants does Winnie hire before she has to take care of Wen Fu herself as he recovers from his jeep accident?
6. Who is Mouchou, Sorrowfree?
(a) Wen Fu's cousin.
(b) Winnie's stillborn baby.
(c) Winnie's grandmother.
(d) Hulan's baby.
7. Who gives Winnie Peanut's address?
(a) New Aunt.
(b) Little Gong.
(d) The cook.
8. Who is Yiku?
(a) A shopkeeper's daughter.
(b) Winnie and Wen Fu's second child.
(c) Hulan and Jiaguo's child.
(d) The servant's name.
9. What does Winnie think that Wen Fu will do to her father if she leaves him?
(a) Send him to his relatives.
(b) Lock him in his room.
(c) Stop feeding him.
(d) Have him killed as a traitor.
10. What is an "Air Mail Special"?
(a) A lindy-hop song.
(b) Air force joke.
(c) Post Office service.
(d) International title.
11. Who is having a second honeymoon in Chapter 26?
(a) Joe and Sally.
(b) Mary and Doug.
(c) Pearl and Phil.
(d) Henry and Helen.
12. What does Winnie give Peanut when she visits her at the rooming house in Shanghai?
(b) Hair ribbons.
13. In Chapter 15, who destroys the hospital kitchen in anger because they won't serve him?
(b) Wen Fu.
(c) Mr. Lui.
14. How old is Winnie when the war ends?
15. Who does Winnie go to live with when she runs away from Wen Fu?
(a) Aunt Du.
(b) Old Aunt.
(c) Jimmy Louie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comesfrom Harbin to tell Winnie the news about Danru's death?
2. What do the Red Cross send to the dance in Chapter 18?
3. What wish does Winnie give her roommates when she leaves jail?
4. How long do Winnie and Danru stay at her uncle's house when they visit after the war?
5. How does the city of Kunming warn people that Japanese planes are coming?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)