|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Winnie get her airplane tickets back from Wen Fu?
(a) Grabs them when he's not looking.
(b) Threatens to shoot him.
(c) Blinds him with mace.
(d) Knocks him out.
2. Who is having a second honeymoon in Chapter 26?
(a) Mary and Doug.
(b) Joe and Sally.
(c) Pearl and Phil.
(d) Henry and Helen.
3. Where does Winnie first see Min?
(a) Sleeping in her bed.
(b) At the marketplace.
(c) At a play.
(d) In the hospital.
4. What gift do Pearl and Phil give Bao-bao and Mimi?
(a) Glass martini set.
(b) Wine glasses.
5. What job does Little Yu's mother have at the rooming house?
(a) Draws pictures.
(b) Reads aloud to the women
6. What does Winnie remember that she has stashed away in her suitcase lining when Aunt Du says they haven't eaten well in months?
(a) The silver chopsticks.
(b) More money.
(c) Savings bonds.
(d) Dried apricots.
7. What does Winnie think that Wen Fu will do to her father if she leaves him?
(a) Stop feeding him.
(b) Send him to his relatives.
(c) Lock him in his room.
(d) Have him killed as a traitor.
8. What kind of dance do Winnie and Hulan attend around Christmas, 1941?
(a) Chinese New Year dance.
(b) American victory dance.
(c) Min's nighclub party.
(d) Wedding celebration.
9. Who does Winnie fear is killed after she lives through a bombing in Kunming?
(a) The cook.
(b) Aunt Du.
(c) Her servant.
10. Who is Min?
(a) Winnie's cousin.
(b) Aunt Du's servant.
(c) Wen Fu's concubine.
(d) Hulan's sister.
11. What does Old Aunt send to Peanut when Winnie visits her rooming house in Shanghai?
(a) A small silver mirror.
(b) Face powder.
12. How many servants does Winnie hire before she has to take care of Wen Fu herself as he recovers from his jeep accident?
13. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
(b) Dried cakes of donkey dung.
14. What do the Red Cross send to the dance in Chapter 18?
(a) Ice cream.
(d) Christmas tree.
15. What good news does Winnie learn at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Her dowry is replenished.
(b) Wen Fu is in jail.
(c) The war is over.
(d) Her mother is alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes a promise to accept life without complaint at the end of Chapter 17?
2. How does the city of Kunming warn people that Japanese planes are coming?
3. What does Winnie tell Pearl she should drink three or four times a day to help cure her multiple sclerosis?
4. What are Wen Fu's injuries from the jeep accident?
5. Who buys a new pair of eye glasses in Chapter 17?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)