|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Yiku when she dies?
(a) Six months.
(b) Seventeen months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
2. What does Wen Fu do when Yiku gets sick on the Double Seventh day?
(a) Takes care of her himself.
(b) Escorts the doctor to his home.
(c) Immediately brings her to the hospital.
(d) Won't let the doctor go to her.
3. According to Winnie, where is the best tea in the world?
(a) San Francisco.
4. Who tells Winnie that Min is a sister of a pilot friend who has nowhere to stay?
(c) Wen Fu.
5. What does Winnie drop when she's singing to her baby in Chapter 14?
6. Who is Danu?
(a) Auntie Du's brother.
(b) Winnie and Wen Fu's third child.
(c) Hulan's cousin.
(d) Min's daughter.
7. What good news does Winnie learn at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Wen Fu is in jail.
(b) Her mother is alive.
(c) Her dowry is replenished.
(d) The war is over.
8. On Winnie's visit after the war, what does she say to her aunts as they walk to the marketplace in Tsungming Island?
(a) She misses her mother.
(b) She'll see them again soon.
(c) They didn't love her enough.
(d) She wants to visit Peanut.
9. Who is Mouchou, Sorrowfree?
(a) Winnie's grandmother.
(b) Winnie's stillborn baby.
(c) Hulan's baby.
(d) Wen Fu's cousin.
10. What food does Wen Fu have the cook prepare for two weeks straight that Winnie says is bitter?
(a) Pork and cabbage.
(b) Beef and radishes.
(d) Chicken and leeks.
11. What does the landlady's dog eat in Chapter 23?
(a) Winnie's slippers.
(b) Jimmy's robe.
(c) Danru's blanket.
(d) Peanut's painting.
12. How does Winnie get her airplane tickets back from Wen Fu?
(a) Grabs them when he's not looking.
(b) Knocks him out.
(c) Threatens to shoot him.
(d) Blinds him with mace.
13. In Chapter 15, who destroys the hospital kitchen in anger because they won't serve him?
(c) Mr. Lui.
(d) Wen Fu.
14. What is an "Air Mail Special"?
(a) Air force joke.
(b) International title.
(c) A lindy-hop song.
(d) Post Office service.
15. What does Helen tell Pearl about her brain tumor?
(a) It's shrinking.
(b) It hurts her head.
(c) It's growing.
(d) She made it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie give Peanut when she visits her at the rooming house in Shanghai?
2. What name does Winnie give the statue she bought for Pearl's altar?
3. How does the city of Kunming warn people that Japanese planes are coming?
4. Who throws a cup of tea at an ancient painting when the Japanese visit him at his home?
5. What happens to Winnie when she comes out of the beauty parlor in Chapter 23?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)