|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Winnie that Min is a sister of a pilot friend who has nowhere to stay?
(b) Wen Fu.
2. What does Danru present to Old Aunt when he and his mother visit her after the war has ended?
(a) Ginseng root.
3. Who gives Winnie Peanut's address?
(b) Little Gong.
(c) New Aunt.
(d) The cook.
4. What wish does Winnie give her roommates when she leaves jail?
(a) To eat well.
(b) To wish her well.
(c) That they have a better life.
(d) That she will set them free.
5. What does Winnie say the Double Seventh day is supposed to be?
(a) A lucky day.
(b) A sunny day.
(c) A day of rain.
(d) The coolest day.
6. Why doesMrs. Liang give Jimmy Louie a photograph of her four daughters?
(a) To give to a mutual friend.
(b) To update him on her family.
(c) So he could choose one for his wife.
(d) Because his aunt requests it.
7. What does Helen tell Winnie about the fish she brought home from Bao-bao's reception?
(a) As good as it was the day of the wedding.
(b) Winnie was right about it not tasting good the next day.
(c) It was delicious.
(d) Very tender.
8. What does Hulan give Winnie as a parting gift before they leave Kunming once the war has ended?
(b) Knitting needles.
(c) Rice cakes.
9. What does Winnie drop when she's singing to her baby in Chapter 14?
10. What does Yiku mean?
(a) Laughter and love.
(b) Pleasure over bitterness.
(c) Peace and love.
11. Who throws a cup of tea at an ancient painting when the Japanese visit him at his home?
(a) Peanut's father.
(b) Winnie's father.
(d) Wen Fu.
12. Where does Winnie first see Min?
(a) At a play.
(b) Sleeping in her bed.
(c) At the marketplace.
(d) In the hospital.
13. What was Min's job in Shanghai?
(b) As a laundress.
(c) A shopkeeper in the market.
14. Who is Yiku?
(a) Hulan and Jiaguo's child.
(b) The servant's name.
(c) A shopkeeper's daughter.
(d) Winnie and Wen Fu's second child.
15. Who thinks Old Aunt has a sickness to match every herb?
(a) Wen Fu's mother.
(b) Winnie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Aunt send to Peanut when Winnie visits her rooming house in Shanghai?
2. What color is the cloth that Winnie gives to Hulan after she convinces Jiaguo not to charge Wen Fu for driving the jeep without permission?
3. Who is Min?
4. Who makes a promise to accept life without complaint at the end of Chapter 17?
5. On the day Winnie runs away, what does she tell her mother-in-law about Old Aunt?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)