|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winnie see again at a book shop in Shanghai after the war is over?
(a) Jimmy Louie.
(c) Old Aunt.
2. What wrapping paper does Winnie use to wrap Bao-bao and Mimi's wedding gift?
(a) Red Christmas paper.
(b) Brown wrapping paper.
(c) Chinese paper.
(d) Silver paper.
3. What wish does Winnie give her roommates when she leaves jail?
(a) That she will set them free.
(b) To eat well.
(c) To wish her well.
(d) That they have a better life.
4. How many servants does Winnie hire before she has to take care of Wen Fu herself as he recovers from his jeep accident?
5. Who does Winnie go to live with when she runs away from Wen Fu?
(a) Old Aunt.
(b) Aunt Du.
(d) Jimmy Louie.
6. What color is the cloth that Winnie gives to Hulan after she convinces Jiaguo not to charge Wen Fu for driving the jeep without permission?
7. What does Danru present to Old Aunt when he and his mother visit her after the war has ended?
(a) Ginseng root.
8. Who tells Winnie that Min is a sister of a pilot friend who has nowhere to stay?
(d) Wen Fu.
9. Who is Yiku?
(a) Winnie and Wen Fu's second child.
(b) A shopkeeper's daughter.
(c) Hulan and Jiaguo's child.
(d) The servant's name.
10. Who does Winnie fear is killed after she lives through a bombing in Kunming?
(a) Her servant.
(c) The cook.
(d) Aunt Du.
11. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
(d) Dried cakes of donkey dung.
12. What is an "Air Mail Special"?
(a) Post Office service.
(b) A lindy-hop song.
(c) Air force joke.
(d) International title.
13. How does Winnie get her airplane tickets back from Wen Fu?
(a) Knocks him out.
(b) Threatens to shoot him.
(c) Grabs them when he's not looking.
(d) Blinds him with mace.
14. What is the secret code Jimmy says Winnie should use when she calls to indicate she's ready to run away from Wen Fu?
(a) "Open the door, you can already see the mountain."
(b) "Blue skies smile on us."
(c) "The lake is frozen."
(d) "Shut the window, don't let the air in."
15. How old is Winnie when the war ends?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day Winnie runs away, what does she tell her mother-in-law about Old Aunt?
2. Who is having a second honeymoon in Chapter 26?
3. Who is Kuang An?
4. What does Helen tell Winnie about the fish she brought home from Bao-bao's reception?
5. What does Helen tell Pearl about her brain tumor?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)