|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie give Peanut when she visits her at the rooming house in Shanghai?
(b) Hair ribbons.
2. Who comesfrom Harbin to tell Winnie the news about Danru's death?
(a) Aunt Du.
3. Who makes a promise to accept life without complaint at the end of Chapter 17?
(d) Aunt Du.
4. What do the Red Cross send to the dance in Chapter 18?
(b) Ice cream.
(d) Christmas tree.
5. What name does Winnie give the statue she bought for Pearl's altar?
(a) Lady Sorrowfree.
(b) Helpful Buddha.
(c) Goddess of Mercy.
(d) Mrs. Kitchen God.
6. What good news does Winnie learn at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Wen Fu is in jail.
(b) Her mother is alive.
(c) Her dowry is replenished.
(d) The war is over.
7. How does Winnie get her airplane tickets back from Wen Fu?
(a) Threatens to shoot him.
(b) Blinds him with mace.
(c) Knocks him out.
(d) Grabs them when he's not looking.
8. Who is Min?
(a) Winnie's cousin.
(b) Wen Fu's concubine.
(c) Hulan's sister.
(d) Aunt Du's servant.
9. On Winnie's visit after the war, what does she say to her aunts as they walk to the marketplace in Tsungming Island?
(a) She wants to visit Peanut.
(b) She'll see them again soon.
(c) She misses her mother.
(d) They didn't love her enough.
10. What are Wen Fu's injuries from the jeep accident?
(a) Broken leg.
(b) Cracked ribs and broken ankle.
(c) Head injury and blinded in one eye.
11. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
(d) Dried cakes of donkey dung.
12. Who buys a new pair of eye glasses in Chapter 17?
(b) Wen Fu.
13. According to Winnie, where is the best tea in the world?
(d) San Francisco.
14. What does Winnie say about Wen Fu after he has men ransack the lawyer's office and tear up the divorce papers?
(a) He's joking.
(b) He forgets to water the plants.
(c) He's good to her.
(d) She thinks he is a gangster.
15. What does Danru present to Old Aunt when he and his mother visit her after the war has ended?
(b) Ginseng root.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, who destroys the hospital kitchen in anger because they won't serve him?
2. How does the city of Kunming warn people that Japanese planes are coming?
3. What does San Ma call the Japanese who took over businesses in Shanghai during the war?
4. Who gives Winnie Peanut's address?
5. What was Min's job in Shanghai?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)