|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Aunt send to Peanut when Winnie visits her rooming house in Shanghai?
(a) Face powder.
(d) A small silver mirror.
2. What is in the box that Wen Fu signs for at the telegraph office?
(d) Dried cakes of donkey dung.
3. Who does Winnie go to live with when she runs away from Wen Fu?
(a) Aunt Du.
(c) Old Aunt.
(d) Jimmy Louie.
4. When Winnie tells her father that she must leave her marriage, what does he give her?
(a) The antique scroll.
(b) Three gold ingots.
(c) Her mother's jewelry.
(d) Paper money.
5. Who gives Winnie Peanut's address?
(a) New Aunt.
(c) The cook.
(d) Little Gong.
6. How long do Winnie and Danru stay at her uncle's house when they visit after the war?
(a) One week.
(b) A long weekend.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
7. What do the Red Cross send to the dance in Chapter 18?
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Christmas tree.
8. How old is Yiku when she dies?
(a) Seventeen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
9. Why does Wen Fu have an accident when he is driving the stolen jeep?
(a) His gas tank explodes.
(b) He is driving too fast.
(c) The jeep loses brake power.
(d) He crashes into a truck.
10. Who is having a second honeymoon in Chapter 26?
(a) Henry and Helen.
(b) Joe and Sally.
(c) Mary and Doug.
(d) Pearl and Phil.
11. What wish does Winnie give her roommates when she leaves jail?
(a) That they have a better life.
(b) To eat well.
(c) To wish her well.
(d) That she will set them free.
12. What was Min's job in Shanghai?
(c) As a laundress.
(d) A shopkeeper in the market.
13. What is an "Air Mail Special"?
(a) A lindy-hop song.
(b) International title.
(c) Post Office service.
(d) Air force joke.
14. What happens to Winnie when she comes out of the beauty parlor in Chapter 23?
(a) She's splashed by a bicyclist.
(b) She's arrested and put in jail.
(c) A big wind ruins her hair.
(d) She's photographed.
15. Who does Winnie think is Pearl's father?
(d) Wen Fu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen tell Winnie about the fish she brought home from Bao-bao's reception?
2. What name does Jimmy Louie give Wen Fu?
3. Who is Jimmy Louie?
4. What does Yiku mean?
5. What does Winnie think that Wen Fu will do to her father if she leaves him?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)