|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Peanut and Wen Fu meet in Chapter 7?
(c) Peanut's house.
2. At the end of Chapter 10, where do the pilots fight their first battle?
3. Who does Winnie give her sewing machine to as she leaves Nanking?
(a) Mr. Ma.
(b) The servant.
(d) Wan Betty.
4. What are the ten items that Winnie saved from her dowry and hides in the lining of her suitcase?
(a) Fur stoles.
(c) Silver chopsticks.
5. What is Bao-bao handing out at Auntie Du's funeral?
(a) List of gift ideas.
(b) Invitations to his wedding.
(c) Song sheets.
(d) Spirit money and candy.
6. Who does Aunt Helen say Pearl needs to tell about her disease?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her doctor.
7. What disease does Pearl have?
(c) Multiple Sclerosis.
(d) Heart disease.
8. What does the banner say above Auntie Du's casket?
(a) See you in heaven.
(b) Good luck!
(c) Hope that your next life is long and prosperous.
(d) We will miss you.
9. What is spirit money?
(a) Money for giving to the church.
(b) Money that pays for the wreaths.
(c) Play money the dead use to bribe their way into heaven.
(d) Real money.
10. How does Wen Fu behave towards the other pilots when they're playing cards after dinner?
(a) Talks politely with them.
(b) Scares them with his temper and then laughs at them.
(c) Tells coarse jokes to make them laugh.
(d) Is silent with them.
11. Who says "Daddy, there's a lady sleeping up there! And her dinner's on fire!"
12. Where do Wen Fu and Winnie move to just one month after they are married?
13. Where does Winnie sleep when she stays at her father's house before her wedding?
(a) The study.
(b) Guest cottage.
(c) Guest room.
(d) In her mother's bedroom.
14. What is the biggest secret between Winnie and Helen?
(a) That Helen is not her sister-in-law.
(b) Helen grew up in San Francisco.
(c) Helen is her cousin.
(d) Helen is her daughter.
15. How long did Winnie live with her uncle and his wives on Tsungming Island?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Until she was 20.
(c) Three years.
(d) About twelve years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Auntie Miao?
2. Who is Helen's husband?
3. When Winnie and the others are escaping Nanking, how many suitcases are they allowed to bring?
4. Whose cooking does Winnie criticize at the funeral?
5. What does Hulan break in Chapter 12?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)