|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Winnie give her sewing machine to as she leaves Nanking?
(a) Wan Betty.
(c) The servant.
(d) Mr. Ma.
2. What does Winnie find on the funeral card that Pearl had saved from her father's funeral?
(a) Black marks covering the death date.
(b) Pearl's name.
(c) Hearts around her father's name.
(d) A song she made up.
3. What does Winnie say "taonan" means?
(a) That terrible danger is coming.
(b) A big tidal wave.
(c) Great happiness.
(d) Greetings from you friend.
4. Who does Aunt Helen say Pearl needs to tell about her disease?
(a) Her doctor.
(d) Her mother.
5. What kind of job does Pearl have?
(b) Medical Assistant.
(c) Speech and language clinician.
(d) Bookstore owner.
6. In Chapter 12, what does Wen Fu spend Winnie's dowry money on?
(d) An old sports car.
7. What is Winnie's favorite piece of furniture that she bought for her dowry?
(a) Lawn furniture.
(b) Chamber pots.
(c) Vanity with a brocade bench.
8. What does Hulan break in Chapter 12?
9. What does Wen Fu shoot on the road to Changsha?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A duck.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A pig.
10. What color is Winnie's house?
(d) Day-Glo pink.
11. Why does Hulan grow angry with Winnie after the first battle in which some pilots die?
(a) Winnie is always cursing the future with her words.
(b) Winnie thinks she's better than Hulan.
(c) Winnie laughs at her.
(d) Winnie has used up all her flour.
12. How old is Auntie Du when she dies?
13. Who is Lin?
(a) A good man Winnie could have married in China.
(b) A friend of Helen's.
(c) A stranger at the church.
(d) Winnie's podiatrist.
14. Who is Pearl's least favorite cousin?
15. In Chapter 3, how old is the fish that Helen wants to buy at Happy Super?
(a) Three days old.
(b) Just caught.
(c) One day old.
(d) Four days old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Helen tell Winnie she plans to reveal?
2. What kind of luck does Winnie say she was born with?
3. At Auntie Du's funeral, who does Pearl think of and begin to grieve for?
4. What was the nickname Winnie's mother had for her daughter?
5. Who is training to be a pilot in Chapter 9?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)