|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Winnie live with her uncle and his wives on Tsungming Island?
(a) Until she was 20.
(b) About twelve years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
2. When Winnie and the others are escaping Nanking, how many suitcases are they allowed to bring?
3. Who is Wen Chen?
(a) Old Aunt's uncle.
(b) Peanut's cousin.
(c) Gong's brother.
(d) Wen Fu's brother.
4. At Auntie Du's funeral, who does Pearl think of and begin to grieve for?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her lost cat.
5. What did Winnie's mother leave behind when she disappeared?
(a) A warning to be careful.
(b) A three-foot lock of hair.
(c) A recipe for a fish dish.
(d) A letter to Winnie.
6. Who tells Winnie gossip about the Wen family business three days before her wedding?
(a) San Ma.
(d) Old Aunt.
7. What does Winnie find under Pearl's bed as she's cleaning Pearl's bedroom?
(a) Secret Treasures box.
(b) Love letters from her first boyfriend.
(c) Old photo albums.
(d) Dust bunnies.
8. What does Wen Fu shoot on the road to Changsha?
(a) A pig.
(b) A duck.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A rabbit.
9. How does Winnie pay for the meals she makes for the pilots after they return from their missions?
(a) Borrows money from Hulan.
(b) Wen Fu's salary.
(c) With money from her dowry.
(d) Takes up a collection from all the pilots.
10. What was the nickname Winnie's mother had for her daughter?
(a) Syin ke.
(b) Wah-wah yu.
(c) Big baby.
(d) Little one.
11. How much money does Peanut say she expects to receive from her future family?
(a) At least forty thousand yuan.
(b) Sixty thousand yuan.
(c) Two thousand yuan.
(d) One hundred thousand yuan.
12. What is Pearl's mother's name?
(b) Ruth Ellen.
13. Who is Pearl's real father?
(a) Uncle Henry.
(b) Wen Fu.
(d) Robert Davis.
14. What does Winnie think of Helen?
(a) She doesn't enjoy her company, opinions, or character.
(b) She is pretty.
(c) She loves spending time with her.
(d) She is smart.
15. In Chapter 12, what does Wen Fu spend Winnie's dowry money on?
(d) An old sports car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shop does Pearl's mother run?
2. What kind of job does Pearl have?
3. What does Winnie find on the funeral card that Pearl had saved from her father's funeral?
4. What do Tessa and Cleo call their grandmother Winnie?
5. What color is Winnie's house?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)