|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bao-bao handing out at Auntie Du's funeral?
(a) List of gift ideas.
(b) Spirit money and candy.
(c) Invitations to his wedding.
(d) Song sheets.
2. How old is Bao-bao when he gets engaged for the third time?
3. What color is Winnie's house?
(a) Day-Glo pink.
4. What does Hulan break in Chapter 12?
5. Who uses a red wedding skirt as a guide on the mountain road?
(a) Wen Fu.
6. What does Betty Wan from Hong Kong write to Helen?
(a) To come visit her in Hong Kong.
(b) That Wen Fu is dead.
(c) That she has a new grandson.
(d) To remind her of her birthday.
7. Who says "Daddy, there's a lady sleeping up there! And her dinner's on fire!"
8. Why doesn't Winnie want to forget the past?
(a) She misses it so much.
(b) It was an enjoyable time.
(c) It still holds lessons for her.
(d) She had the best life in China.
9. What does Winnie make that ends up being too tight?
10. Who is Lin?
(a) A friend of Helen's.
(b) Winnie's podiatrist.
(c) A stranger at the church.
(d) A good man Winnie could have married in China.
11. What did they call Betty Wan during wartime?
(a) Baby Betty.
(b) Bratty Betty.
(c) Big Betty.
(d) Beautiful Betty.
12. What does Winnie read in the Pavillion while snacking on a variety of foods?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) American Magazine.
(c) Book of poetry.
(d) Letter from Betty.
13. What is the biggest secret between Winnie and Helen?
(a) Helen is her cousin.
(b) Helen is her daughter.
(c) That Helen is not her sister-in-law.
(d) Helen grew up in San Francisco.
14. When Winnie and the others are escaping Nanking, how many suitcases are they allowed to bring?
15. What does Winnie say she acted like when she was newly married?
(b) A foolish young girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tessa and Cleo call their grandmother Winnie?
2. How long do Winnie and Helen eat Auntie Du's funeral leftovers?
3. In Chapter 3, what does Helen tell Winnie she plans to reveal?
4. At Auntie Du's funeral, who does Pearl think of and begin to grieve for?
5. Who dies in childbirth while a pilot and Hulan try to help her?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)