|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who uses a red wedding skirt as a guide on the mountain road?
(b) Wen Fu.
2. In Chapter 12, what does Wen Fu spend Winnie's dowry money on?
(c) An old sports car.
3. What does Winnie find under Pearl's bed as she's cleaning Pearl's bedroom?
(a) Love letters from her first boyfriend.
(b) Old photo albums.
(c) Secret Treasures box.
(d) Dust bunnies.
4. Who does Winnie give her sewing machine to as she leaves Nanking?
(b) Mr. Ma.
(c) Wan Betty.
(d) The servant.
5. Where do Pearl and her family live?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) San Jose.
6. What kind of shop does Pearl's mother run?
(a) Cookie Factory.
(b) Flower shop.
(c) Kitchen shop.
(d) The Shop of the Gods.
7. In Chapter 1, what does Aunt Helen say she is dying from?
(a) Old age.
(b) Brain tumor.
8. What kind of job does Pearl have?
(a) Bookstore owner.
(c) Speech and language clinician.
(d) Medical Assistant.
9. What disease does Pearl have?
(c) Multiple Sclerosis.
(d) Heart disease.
10. Who does Aunt Helen say Pearl needs to tell about her disease?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her doctor.
11. Why does Jimmy have to have an operation when he ate the fish dinner Winnie had made to celebrate her new job?
(a) He had appendicitis.
(b) He had a heart condition.
(c) He broke his leg.
(d) He swallowed a fish bone.
12. Who is Phil?
(a) Pearl's husband.
(b) Mary's brother.
(c) Aunt Helen's doctor.
(d) Pearl's brother.
13. Who is Auntie Miao?
(a) Helen's cousin.
(b) Winnie's mother.
(c) Peanut's aunt.
(d) The matchmaker.
14. At the end of Chapter 10, where do the pilots fight their first battle?
15. What is Bao-bao handing out at Auntie Du's funeral?
(a) List of gift ideas.
(b) Spirit money and candy.
(c) Song sheets.
(d) Invitations to his wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, what did Pearl carve in the wood of the dressing table in her bedroom?
2. What is Wen Fu doing when Peanut first meets him?
3. How old is Bao-bao when he gets engaged for the third time?
4. What does Winnie do in Chapter 4 to forget the news in Betty's letter?
5. How old was Winnie when her mother disappeared?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)