|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in childbirth while a pilot and Hulan try to help her?
(a) Hulan's sister.
(b) Hulan's friend.
(c) Winnie's sister.
(d) Winnie's cousin.
2. What was the nickname Winnie's mother had for her daughter?
(a) Syin ke.
(b) Wah-wah yu.
(c) Big baby.
(d) Little one.
3. What disease does Pearl have?
(b) Multiple Sclerosis.
(d) Heart disease.
4. Which uncle tells a story about a newlywed couple in Chapter 8?
(a) Uncle Sam.
(b) Uncle Gong.
(c) Uncle Henry.
(d) Turtle Uncle.
5. Where do Peanut and Wen Fu meet in Chapter 7?
(b) Peanut's house.
6. Who is Helen's husband?
(a) Long Jiaguo.
7. Who says "Daddy, there's a lady sleeping up there! And her dinner's on fire!"
8. Where do Hulan and Winnie like to go during thunderstorms in Chapter 10?
(a) To the bathhouse.
(b) Their bedrooms.
(c) To the pavillon.
(d) The kitchen.
9. Who is Wen Chen?
(a) Old Aunt's uncle.
(b) Peanut's cousin.
(c) Gong's brother.
(d) Wen Fu's brother.
10. What does Winnie say "taonan" means?
(a) Great happiness.
(b) That terrible danger is coming.
(c) Greetings from you friend.
(d) A big tidal wave.
11. How does Wen Fu behave towards the other pilots when they're playing cards after dinner?
(a) Is silent with them.
(b) Scares them with his temper and then laughs at them.
(c) Tells coarse jokes to make them laugh.
(d) Talks politely with them.
12. Who is Auntie Miao?
(a) The matchmaker.
(b) Winnie's mother.
(c) Peanut's aunt.
(d) Helen's cousin.
13. Who delivers Peanut's letters to Wen Fu?
(c) Her brothers.
(d) The Postal Service.
14. Why doesn't Winnie want to forget the past?
(a) She misses it so much.
(b) It still holds lessons for her.
(c) It was an enjoyable time.
(d) She had the best life in China.
15. What does Winnie have above her eye that a fortune teller says can make everything she sees turn black?
(a) A cyst.
(b) A mole.
(c) A speck of dirt.
(d) Her bangs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winnie give her sewing machine to as she leaves Nanking?
2. Why does Hulan grow angry with Winnie after the first battle in which some pilots die?
3. How old is Auntie Du when she dies?
4. What does Winnie do in Chapter 4 to forget the news in Betty's letter?
5. What does Winnie think of Helen?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)