|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Winnie's mother educated?
(a) At home by tutors.
(b) Boarding school in Hong Kong.
(c) Public school.
(d) A missionary school.
2. Who does Aunt Helen say Pearl needs to tell about her disease?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her doctor.
3. What is Bao-bao handing out at Auntie Du's funeral?
(a) Invitations to his wedding.
(b) Song sheets.
(c) Spirit money and candy.
(d) List of gift ideas.
4. Who is videotaping Auntie Du's funeral?
(a) Uncle Henry.
5. What name do Peanut and Winnie use for each other right before Winnie is married?
(b) Sugar sisters.
(d) Annoying pests.
6. Who tells Winnie gossip about the Wen family business three days before her wedding?
(b) Old Aunt.
(c) San Ma.
7. How much does Jimmy earn as minister of their church in Fresno?
(a) Twenty dollars a week.
(b) One hundred dollars a week.
(c) Fifty dollars a week.
(d) Thirty dollars a week.
8. What does the little boy standing next to the lake shout at the air force pilots after they drive past him in Mr. Ma's truck?
(a) Good luck!
(b) Come and get me!
(c) Runaways! Cowards!
(d) See you soon!
9. Who is Pearl's real father?
(a) Wen Fu.
(b) Uncle Henry.
(c) Robert Davis.
10. Who is Helen's husband?
(a) Long Jiaguo.
11. How does Wen Fu behave towards the other pilots when they're playing cards after dinner?
(a) Is silent with them.
(b) Talks politely with them.
(c) Scares them with his temper and then laughs at them.
(d) Tells coarse jokes to make them laugh.
12. What kind of luck does Winnie say she was born with?
(a) Average luck.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Good luck.
(d) No luck.
13. Where does Winnie sleep when she stays at her father's house before her wedding?
(a) In her mother's bedroom.
(b) The study.
(c) Guest cottage.
(d) Guest room.
14. What does Winnie say "taonan" means?
(a) Great happiness.
(b) That terrible danger is coming.
(c) A big tidal wave.
(d) Greetings from you friend.
15. How old is Bao-bao when he gets engaged for the third time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie think of Helen?
2. Who steals a pedicab after the Japanese drop leaflets in the market of Nanking?
3. Who were the matron of honor and best man at Pearl's wedding?
4. What color is Winnie's house?
5. At the end of Chapter 10, where do the pilots fight their first battle?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)