|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Winnie no longer eat eels?
(a) She can't find them where she lives.
(b) They are too expensive.
(c) They remind her of the escape from Nanking.
(d) She is allergic to them.
2. How long did Winnie live with her uncle and his wives on Tsungming Island?
(a) Three years.
(b) About twelve years.
(c) Until she was 20.
(d) Ten years.
3. Who has a flattened cheek and a misshapen ear and bows three times to Auntie Du's body?
(a) Older monk.
(b) Mary's cousin.
(c) Mr. Hwong.
4. Who delivers Peanut's letters to Wen Fu?
(a) The Postal Service.
(d) Her brothers.
5. What kind of luck does Winnie say she was born with?
(a) Good luck.
(b) Average luck.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) No luck.
6. What does Roger's nickname, Bao-bao, mean?
(a) Youngest child.
(b) Big baby.
(c) Precious baby.
(d) Silly one.
7. What kind of shop does Pearl's mother run?
(a) The Shop of the Gods.
(b) Flower shop.
(c) Kitchen shop.
(d) Cookie Factory.
8. How much money does Peanut say she expects to receive from her future family?
(a) Two thousand yuan.
(b) One hundred thousand yuan.
(c) Sixty thousand yuan.
(d) At least forty thousand yuan.
9. What does Winnie make that ends up being too tight?
10. Where does Winnie's son Samuel work?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York City.
(d) New York.
11. In Chapter 3, what does Helen tell Winnie she plans to reveal?
(a) Her fish recipe.
(b) Her daughter's affair.
(c) How she saves money.
(d) All of Winnie's past secrets.
12. Where do Peanut and Wen Fu meet in Chapter 7?
(d) Peanut's house.
13. What do Tessa and Cleo call their grandmother Winnie?
14. Who is Phil?
(a) Mary's brother.
(b) Pearl's husband.
(c) Pearl's brother.
(d) Aunt Helen's doctor.
15. What color is Winnie's house?
(a) Day-Glo pink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest secret between Winnie and Helen?
2. Who is Pearl's least favorite cousin?
3. Where do Pearl and her family live?
4. How old is Bao-bao when he gets engaged for the third time?
5. What does the little boy standing next to the lake shout at the air force pilots after they drive past him in Mr. Ma's truck?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)