|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hulan and Winnie like to go during thunderstorms in Chapter 10?
(a) To the bathhouse.
(b) To the pavillon.
(c) Their bedrooms.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What is Pearl's mother's name?
(a) Ruth Ellen.
3. What kind of luck does Winnie say she was born with?
(a) Good luck.
(b) No luck.
(c) Average luck.
(d) Bad luck.
4. What profession does Lin have?
5. What kind of shop does Pearl's mother run?
(a) Flower shop.
(b) The Shop of the Gods.
(c) Kitchen shop.
(d) Cookie Factory.
6. At the market in Nanking, what do Winnie and Hulan buy just before the Japanese planes fly over, dropping leaflets and causing panic?
(a) Roasted chestnuts.
(c) Snow cones.
7. How much money does Wen Fu's family give to Winnie's father?
(a) Ten thousand yaun.
(b) Four thousand yuan.
(c) Five thousand yaun.
(d) One thousand yuan.
8. What does Wen Fu bring Peanut home in?
(a) A wheelbarrow.
(b) Horse and carriage.
(c) A car.
9. How old was Winnie when her mother disappeared?
(d) Just a baby.
10. Who delivers Peanut's letters to Wen Fu?
(b) Her brothers.
(d) The Postal Service.
11. Which uncle tells a story about a newlywed couple in Chapter 8?
(a) Uncle Gong.
(b) Uncle Sam.
(c) Uncle Henry.
(d) Turtle Uncle.
12. At Auntie Du's funeral, what are Phil and Pearl given when they first enter?
(a) Black armbands.
(b) Quilt pieces.
(d) Parking stub.
13. What does Hulan break in Chapter 12?
14. Who is Phil?
(a) Aunt Helen's doctor.
(b) Pearl's husband.
(c) Pearl's brother.
(d) Mary's brother.
15. How old is Bao-bao when he gets engaged for the third time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winnie give her sewing machine to as she leaves Nanking?
2. How much does Jimmy earn as minister of their church in Fresno?
3. Where do Hulan and Winnie go to meet up with their husbands in Chapter 11?
4. What does Winnie feed to Pearl when she visits in Chapter 5?
5. Who is Pearl's real father?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)