|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Auntie Du's funeral, what are Phil and Pearl given when they first enter?
(b) Quilt pieces.
(c) Black armbands.
(d) Parking stub.
2. What kind of shop does Pearl's mother run?
(a) Kitchen shop.
(b) Flower shop.
(c) Cookie Factory.
(d) The Shop of the Gods.
3. Who has a flattened cheek and a misshapen ear and bows three times to Auntie Du's body?
(a) Older monk.
(b) Mr. Hwong.
(c) Mary's cousin.
4. What does Winnie do in Chapter 4 to forget the news in Betty's letter?
(a) Listens to the radio.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) She cleans her house all night.
(d) Goes to the movies.
5. Where was Winnie's mother educated?
(a) A missionary school.
(b) Boarding school in Hong Kong.
(c) At home by tutors.
(d) Public school.
6. How does Winnie pay for the meals she makes for the pilots after they return from their missions?
(a) Wen Fu's salary.
(b) With money from her dowry.
(c) Takes up a collection from all the pilots.
(d) Borrows money from Hulan.
7. Who does Aunt Helen say Pearl needs to tell about her disease?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her doctor.
8. What does Winnie think of Helen?
(a) She is smart.
(b) She loves spending time with her.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She doesn't enjoy her company, opinions, or character.
9. Who says "Daddy, there's a lady sleeping up there! And her dinner's on fire!"
10. What does Winnie find on the funeral card that Pearl had saved from her father's funeral?
(a) Black marks covering the death date.
(b) Hearts around her father's name.
(c) Pearl's name.
(d) A song she made up.
11. What disease does Pearl have?
(c) Heart disease.
(d) Multiple Sclerosis.
12. What profession does Lin have?
13. Who is Pearl's real father?
(a) Uncle Henry.
(b) Robert Davis.
(d) Wen Fu.
14. How much money does Peanut say she expects to receive from her future family?
(a) At least forty thousand yuan.
(b) Sixty thousand yuan.
(c) One hundred thousand yuan.
(d) Two thousand yuan.
15. What is Bao-bao handing out at Auntie Du's funeral?
(a) Song sheets.
(b) Invitations to his wedding.
(c) Spirit money and candy.
(d) List of gift ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie make that ends up being too tight?
2. Who takes Winnie shopping for her dowry?
3. How old is Auntie Du when she dies?
4. At the market in Nanking, what do Winnie and Hulan buy just before the Japanese planes fly over, dropping leaflets and causing panic?
5. What are the ten items that Winnie saved from her dowry and hides in the lining of her suitcase?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)