|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Wen Fu and Winnie move to just one month after they are married?
2. What does Winnie have above her eye that a fortune teller says can make everything she sees turn black?
(a) A mole.
(b) A speck of dirt.
(c) Her bangs.
(d) A cyst.
3. Whose credentials does Wen Fu use to become a pilot?
(a) His dead brother's.
(b) His father's.
(c) A neighbor's.
(d) A dead cousin's.
4. Who takes Tessa and Cleo out of the funeral parlor?
(d) Uncle Henry.
5. What does Winnie make that ends up being too tight?
6. Who does Aunt Helen say Pearl needs to tell about her disease?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her doctor.
7. What does the banner say above Auntie Du's casket?
(a) Hope that your next life is long and prosperous.
(b) See you in heaven.
(c) We will miss you.
(d) Good luck!
8. Who learns she is pregnant in Chapter 10?
9. Who is Wen Chen?
(a) Gong's brother.
(b) Old Aunt's uncle.
(c) Peanut's cousin.
(d) Wen Fu's brother.
10. How long did Winnie live with her uncle and his wives on Tsungming Island?
(a) Until she was 20.
(b) About twelve years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
11. Who is Helen's husband?
(b) Long Jiaguo.
12. What is spirit money?
(a) Money for giving to the church.
(b) Money that pays for the wreaths.
(c) Play money the dead use to bribe their way into heaven.
(d) Real money.
13. What are the ten items that Winnie saved from her dowry and hides in the lining of her suitcase?
(b) Fur stoles.
(d) Silver chopsticks.
14. Who uses an egg mixture to harden mud walls in their living quarters?
(b) Old Aunt.
15. What does Wen Fu bring Peanut home in?
(a) A car.
(b) Horse and carriage.
(c) A wheelbarrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shop does Pearl's mother run?
2. What color was Winnie's mother's hair?
3. Who is Wen Fu?
4. Why does Jimmy have to have an operation when he ate the fish dinner Winnie had made to celebrate her new job?
5. What does Winnie do in Chapter 4 to forget the news in Betty's letter?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)