|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hulan and Winnie like to go during thunderstorms in Chapter 10?
(a) To the bathhouse.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Their bedrooms.
(d) To the pavillon.
2. What is Winnie's favorite piece of furniture that she bought for her dowry?
(a) Vanity with a brocade bench.
(b) Chamber pots.
(c) Lawn furniture.
3. How old is Auntie Du when she dies?
4. Why doesn't Winnie want to forget the past?
(a) She had the best life in China.
(b) She misses it so much.
(c) It was an enjoyable time.
(d) It still holds lessons for her.
5. What color is Winnie's house?
(d) Day-Glo pink.
6. What does Winnie read in the Pavillion while snacking on a variety of foods?
(a) Book of poetry.
(b) Letter from Betty.
(c) American Magazine.
(d) A newspaper.
7. What does Winnie have above her eye that a fortune teller says can make everything she sees turn black?
(a) A speck of dirt.
(b) Her bangs.
(c) A cyst.
(d) A mole.
8. What kind of job does Pearl have?
(a) Bookstore owner.
(b) Medical Assistant.
(c) Speech and language clinician.
9. Where does Winnie's son Samuel work?
(b) New York City.
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
10. Who takes Winnie shopping for her dowry?
(a) Old Aunt.
(b) San Ma.
(c) New Aunt.
11. How much does Jimmy earn as minister of their church in Fresno?
(a) Thirty dollars a week.
(b) One hundred dollars a week.
(c) Fifty dollars a week.
(d) Twenty dollars a week.
12. Whose credentials does Wen Fu use to become a pilot?
(a) His father's.
(b) A dead cousin's.
(c) A neighbor's.
(d) His dead brother's.
13. At Auntie Du's funeral, who does Pearl think of and begin to grieve for?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her lost cat.
14. Who is videotaping Auntie Du's funeral?
(c) Uncle Henry.
15. Which uncle tells a story about a newlywed couple in Chapter 8?
(a) Uncle Sam.
(b) Uncle Henry.
(c) Turtle Uncle.
(d) Uncle Gong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of luck does Winnie say she was born with?
2. What does Wen Fu shoot on the road to Changsha?
3. How much money does Peanut say she expects to receive from her future family?
4. How long did Winnie live with her uncle and his wives on Tsungming Island?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Aunt Helen say she is dying from?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)