|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aunt Helen say Pearl needs to tell about her disease?
(a) Her doctor.
(c) Her mother.
2. Why doesn't Winnie want to forget the past?
(a) She misses it so much.
(b) She had the best life in China.
(c) It was an enjoyable time.
(d) It still holds lessons for her.
3. Why does Hulan grow angry with Winnie after the first battle in which some pilots die?
(a) Winnie has used up all her flour.
(b) Winnie thinks she's better than Hulan.
(c) Winnie laughs at her.
(d) Winnie is always cursing the future with her words.
4. Whose cooking does Winnie criticize at the funeral?
5. How old is Auntie Du when she dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ten items that Winnie saved from her dowry and hides in the lining of her suitcase?
2. What does Winnie have above her eye that a fortune teller says can make everything she sees turn black?
3. How much does Jimmy earn as minister of their church in Fresno?
4. Which uncle tells a story about a newlywed couple in Chapter 8?
5. Where do Hulan and Winnie go to meet up with their husbands in Chapter 11?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)