|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is spirit money?
(a) Real money.
(b) Money that pays for the wreaths.
(c) Play money the dead use to bribe their way into heaven.
(d) Money for giving to the church.
2. How much spirit money did Mr. Hong give to Pearl before Auntie Du's funeral?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) Six million dollars.
(d) One hundred million dollars.
3. Who is Wen Chen?
(a) Wen Fu's brother.
(b) Peanut's cousin.
(c) Old Aunt's uncle.
(d) Gong's brother.
4. Who has a flattened cheek and a misshapen ear and bows three times to Auntie Du's body?
(b) Mr. Hwong.
(c) Mary's cousin.
(d) Older monk.
5. Why doesn't Winnie want to forget the past?
(a) She had the best life in China.
(b) It still holds lessons for her.
(c) It was an enjoyable time.
(d) She misses it so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Peanut and Wen Fu meet in Chapter 7?
2. Who is videotaping Auntie Du's funeral?
3. How does Winnie pay for the meals she makes for the pilots after they return from their missions?
4. What color was Winnie's mother's hair?
5. What does Betty Wan from Hong Kong write to Helen?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)