|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Wen Fu and Winnie move to just one month after they are married?
2. How much spirit money did Mr. Hong give to Pearl before Auntie Du's funeral?
(a) Six million dollars.
(b) One hundred million dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
3. What does Wen Fu bring Peanut home in?
(a) A car.
(c) A wheelbarrow.
(d) Horse and carriage.
4. Who is Wen Fu?
(a) Winnie's friend.
(b) Winnie's first husband.
(c) The local doctor.
(d) A business competitor.
5. Why does Jimmy have to have an operation when he ate the fish dinner Winnie had made to celebrate her new job?
(a) He had appendicitis.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He swallowed a fish bone.
(d) He had a heart condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a flattened cheek and a misshapen ear and bows three times to Auntie Du's body?
2. Who does Aunt Helen say Pearl needs to tell about her disease?
3. How old is Auntie Du when she dies?
4. Where does Winnie sleep when she stays at her father's house before her wedding?
5. Who says "Daddy, there's a lady sleeping up there! And her dinner's on fire!"
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)