|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Pearl about Auntie Du's casket?
(a) It is closed.
(b) It has writing all over it.
(c) It is open.
(d) It has lots of gold on it.
2. In Chapter 1, what does Aunt Helen say she is dying from?
(a) Old age.
(b) Brain tumor.
3. Who is videotaping Auntie Du's funeral?
(b) Uncle Henry.
4. Why doesn't Winnie want to take her sweater off after church services in Chapter 3?
(a) She loves its softness.
(b) She's too cold.
(c) Her dress has a hole in it.
(d) She's proud of her new sweater.
5. What disease does Pearl have?
(a) Heart disease.
(c) Multiple Sclerosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Winnie live with her uncle and his wives on Tsungming Island?
2. What are the ten items that Winnie saved from her dowry and hides in the lining of her suitcase?
3. How old was Winnie when her mother disappeared?
4. In Chapter 6, what is Winnie's task on New Year's day?
5. What does Betty Wan from Hong Kong write to Helen?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)