|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Pearl and her family live?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Jose.
2. What does Winnie find on the funeral card that Pearl had saved from her father's funeral?
(a) Black marks covering the death date.
(b) Pearl's name.
(c) A song she made up.
(d) Hearts around her father's name.
3. What does Winnie have above her eye that a fortune teller says can make everything she sees turn black?
(a) A speck of dirt.
(b) Her bangs.
(c) A cyst.
(d) A mole.
4. What does Wen Fu bring Peanut home in?
(b) A car.
(c) A wheelbarrow.
(d) Horse and carriage.
5. Why doesn't Winnie want to forget the past?
(a) She misses it so much.
(b) It still holds lessons for her.
(c) She had the best life in China.
(d) It was an enjoyable time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pearl's mother's name?
2. Who has a flattened cheek and a misshapen ear and bows three times to Auntie Du's body?
3. How much does Jimmy earn as minister of their church in Fresno?
4. What does Roger's nickname, Bao-bao, mean?
5. At Auntie Du's funeral, who does Pearl think of and begin to grieve for?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)