|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of luck does Winnie say she was born with?
(a) Good luck.
(b) No luck.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) Average luck.
2. What is spirit money?
(a) Play money the dead use to bribe their way into heaven.
(b) Real money.
(c) Money that pays for the wreaths.
(d) Money for giving to the church.
3. What surprises Pearl about Auntie Du's casket?
(a) It has lots of gold on it.
(b) It is open.
(c) It has writing all over it.
(d) It is closed.
4. Who is videotaping Auntie Du's funeral?
(b) Uncle Henry.
5. At Auntie Du's funeral, who does Pearl think of and begin to grieve for?
(b) Her lost cat.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie find under Pearl's bed as she's cleaning Pearl's bedroom?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Aunt Helen say she is dying from?
3. Who takes Tessa and Cleo out of the funeral parlor?
4. What does Winnie do in Chapter 4 to forget the news in Betty's letter?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Helen tell Winnie she plans to reveal?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)