|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Aunt Helen say she is dying from?
(b) Old age.
(c) Brain tumor.
2. At Auntie Du's funeral, who does Pearl think of and begin to grieve for?
(a) Her lost cat.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. What kind of shop does Pearl's mother run?
(a) Kitchen shop.
(b) Cookie Factory.
(c) The Shop of the Gods.
(d) Flower shop.
4. Who has a flattened cheek and a misshapen ear and bows three times to Auntie Du's body?
(a) Mr. Hwong.
(b) Older monk.
(c) Mary's cousin.
5. In Chapter 3, what does Helen tell Winnie she plans to reveal?
(a) Her fish recipe.
(b) Her daughter's affair.
(c) All of Winnie's past secrets.
(d) How she saves money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Pearl about Auntie Du's casket?
2. What does Betty Wan from Hong Kong write to Helen?
3. What profession does Lin have?
4. How long do Winnie and Helen eat Auntie Du's funeral leftovers?
5. What does the banner say above Auntie Du's casket?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)