|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women make out of the old store room for the harvested tea?
(a) A bathhouse.
(b) An extra bedroom.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A dining area.
2. What does Winnie say "taonan" means?
(a) Great happiness.
(b) A big tidal wave.
(c) That terrible danger is coming.
(d) Greetings from you friend.
3. What was Min's job in Shanghai?
(a) A shopkeeper in the market.
(d) As a laundress.
4. What does Hulan give Winnie as a parting gift before they leave Kunming once the war has ended?
(b) Knitting needles.
(c) Rice cakes.
5. How much money does Peanut say she expects to receive from her future family?
(a) Two thousand yuan.
(b) One hundred thousand yuan.
(c) At least forty thousand yuan.
(d) Sixty thousand yuan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Winnie tells her father that she must leave her marriage, what does he give her?
2. What is Bao-bao handing out at Auntie Du's funeral?
3. Who throws a cup of tea at an ancient painting when the Japanese visit him at his home?
4. What is the biggest secret between Winnie and Helen?
5. How does Winnie pay for the meals she makes for the pilots after they return from their missions?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)