Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Valentin say that Molina will arrange for the others to meet them?
2. What does Molina want to suggest to Valentin to help get him to open up?
3. What does the woman say she is not, when the man tries to get her to go away with him?
4. "Marta, you can't imagine how much I just feel like __________ after eating all that food I found thanks to the spider woman...."
5. Who does the new husband's father ask for a blessing?
The stories Molina shares seem to be without any connection to the men or to the questioning Molina is supposed to be doing.
Part 1: What is the story that seems to relate most to Molina and Valentin? Why?
Part 2: Why do you think Molina chooses to tell these stories to Valentin instead of directly asking questions?
Part 3: Choose one story, describe it, and then discuss why Molina might have chosen to tell that story at the time.
While some might view this manuscript as a triumph and a celebration of homosexuality, others feel it is a condemnation of this sexuality.
Part 1: What are some of the ways homosexuality is criticized in this story?
Part 2: What are some of the ways homosexuality is celebrated in this story?
Part 3: In the end, does it seem like homosexuality is thought to be a positive lifestyle or a negative lifestyle? Support your answer.
The idea of love is one that emerges right from the beginning of the story when Molina tells the story of the movie. The theme of love continues to emerge in the subsequent chapters.
Part 1: How is love portrayed in this story? In what ways does Puig describe it to the audience?
Part 2: Does love seem to be a positive or a negative force in the lives of these men? Support your answer.
Part 3: In what ways is love made larger than life in this story?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)