Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Valentin say that Molina will arrange for the others to meet them?
2. What does Molina want to suggest to Valentin to help get him to open up?
3. What does the woman say she is not, when the man tries to get her to go away with him?
4. "Marta, you can't imagine how much I just feel like __________ after eating all that food I found thanks to the spider woman...."
5. Who does the new husband's father ask for a blessing?
Essay Topic 1
The idea of love is one that emerges right from the beginning of the story when Molina tells the story of the movie. The theme of love continues to emerge in the subsequent chapters.
Part 1: How is love portrayed in this story? In what ways does Puig describe it to the audience?
Part 2: Does love seem to be a positive or a negative force in the lives of these men? Support your answer.
Part 3: In what ways is love made larger than life in this story?
Essay Topic 2
While the idea of escapism is rampant in this story, Valentin has different rules for himself in terms of what he can and cannot do.
Part 1: List the personal rules Valentin has for himself from the beginning of the story.
Part 2: Why does Valentin want to go to the infirmary when he is ill?
Part 3: Does Valentin's internal rule set change as the story progresses? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
The stories Molina shares seem to be without any connection to the men or to the questioning Molina is supposed to be doing.
Part 1: What is the story that seems to relate most to Molina and Valentin? Why?
Part 2: Why do you think Molina chooses to tell these stories to Valentin instead of directly asking questions?
Part 3: Choose one story, describe it, and then discuss why Molina might have chosen to tell that story at the time.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)