Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Valentin say that Molina will arrange for the others to meet them?
2. What does Molina want to suggest to Valentin to help get him to open up?
3. What does the woman say she is not, when the man tries to get her to go away with him?
4. "Marta, you can't imagine how much I just feel like __________ after eating all that food I found thanks to the spider woman...."
5. Who does the new husband's father ask for a blessing?
Essay Topic 1
While some might view this manuscript as a triumph and a celebration of homosexuality, others feel it is a condemnation of this sexuality.
Part 1: What are some of the ways homosexuality is criticized in this story?
Part 2: What are some of the ways homosexuality is celebrated in this story?
Part 3: In the end, does it seem like homosexuality is thought to be a positive lifestyle or a negative lifestyle? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There is an obvious conflict between the personal relationships of the characters and the idea of political activism. It seems the two ideas are unable to coexist.
Part 1: What does the play seem to be saying about personal relationships in relationship to the political ideals of the characters?
Part 2: Does it seem relationships are bolstered or weakened by activism? Support your answer.
Part 3: In what ways does Valentin's political activism affect his life?
Essay Topic 3
At times, the reader does not know if the writing and the narration is true or a vision from the character. This fantasy-like tone makes the story one that may not be as complete as it seems.
Part 1: Cite two examples in which the narration of the story becomes unclear as to whether it is real or if it is just a dream/vision.
Part 2: What do these examples seem to tell us about the idea of reality and fantasy?
Part 3: If these examples are not based in reality, does this weaken the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)