Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Valentin say that Molina will arrange for the others to meet them?
2. What does Molina want to suggest to Valentin to help get him to open up?
3. What does the woman say she is not, when the man tries to get her to go away with him?
4. "Marta, you can't imagine how much I just feel like __________ after eating all that food I found thanks to the spider woman...."
5. Who does the new husband's father ask for a blessing?
Essay Topic 1
Molina and Valentin could not be more different, it seems. These two cell mates are locked up with each other for six months, so they will have no other choice but to get to know each other quite well.
Part 1: How are Molina and Valentin similar?
Part 2: How are Molina and Valentin dissimilar?
Part 3: If Molina and Valentin met each other on the street, would they be able to talk as they do in this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The use of footnotes in this story is another different technique that Puig uses to give the reader a unique experience.
Part 1: Describe the content of two instances of footnotes.
Part 2: What do the footnotes do for the experience of the reader? What do they provide to the story?
Part 3: Why wasn't the information in the footnotes put into the actual narrative, in your opinion?
Essay Topic 3
While the idea of escapism is rampant in this story, Valentin has different rules for himself in terms of what he can and cannot do.
Part 1: List the personal rules Valentin has for himself from the beginning of the story.
Part 2: Why does Valentin want to go to the infirmary when he is ill?
Part 3: Does Valentin's internal rule set change as the story progresses? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)