|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Leni as a result of #47?
2. What kind of show is being performed in the next portion of the movie?
3. How many other guys are trading on the black market, and are described in detail, in this new story?
4. Who has been trading in the black market for surplus food in this new story?
5. Where does Valentin NOT want to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the zombie woman do to the husband?
2. Why is Valentin afraid to go to the infirmary?
3. What happens just as Leni is about to hand over information about her German boyfriend?
4. Describe Leni and what happens to her in the beginning of the new movie story.
5. What happens to the first wife of the man in the story?
6. What is the new story Molina tells within this chapter and subsequent chapters?
7. What does the woman have to do in order to support the care of her man?
8. What does the husband tell the zombie woman as he is dying?
9. What does Valentin say helps him escape his cell and his reality?
10. What happens to the race car driver in the beginning of the new story Molina starts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While some might view this manuscript as a triumph and a celebration of homosexuality, others feel it is a condemnation of this sexuality.
Part 1: What are some of the ways homosexuality is criticized in this story?
Part 2: What are some of the ways homosexuality is celebrated in this story?
Part 3: In the end, does it seem like homosexuality is thought to be a positive lifestyle or a negative lifestyle? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Women do not seem to play a large role in the story, being relegated only to the maternal role and to the person Valentin continues his fight for.
Part 1: Who are the female characters in this story? What is their relationship to the main characters of the dialogue?
Part 2: Do the female characters seem stronger or weaker than the male characters? Why did you choose the answer you did?
Part 3: What does Puig seem to be saying about the female gender?
Essay Topic 3
Valentin is a Marxist revolutionary, a bit of a traitor for his time, but this role is not one that is unique. Very often, authors use people who are revolutionaries to show the reader someone who is colorful and someone who can be feared and admired.
Part 1: How does the reader know of Valentin's political leanings in this story?
Part 2: Does Valentin seem to be a strong supporter of his beliefs? Support your answer.
Part 3: What are Molina's political beliefs? What does this say about Molina?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)