|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the star of the show in the next part of the movie story Molina tells?
2. Who cleans up Valentin?
3. What does Valentin think about this story?
4. What does Valentin do while Molina is violently ill?
5. What kind of show is being performed in the next portion of the movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the movie when the wife goes to a voodoo ceremony?
2. Why is Leni interrogated as a result of the events that occur in relation to the chorus girl?
3. Who does Valentin say is also secondary to his cause and to his goals in terms of social revolution?
4. Why is Valentin afraid to go to the infirmary?
5. What happens just as Leni is about to hand over information about her German boyfriend?
6. Who does Molina meet with at the beginning of the chapter?
7. What does Molina propose to the Warden in order to increase the chances of Valentin opening up to him?
8. Why does Molina feel he could die in his sleep now?
9. What does the husband tell the zombie woman as he is dying?
10. What does the newspaper reporter do when he recognizes the woman he met the night before in his research?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While some might view this manuscript as a triumph and a celebration of homosexuality, others feel it is a condemnation of this sexuality.
Part 1: What are some of the ways homosexuality is criticized in this story?
Part 2: What are some of the ways homosexuality is celebrated in this story?
Part 3: In the end, does it seem like homosexuality is thought to be a positive lifestyle or a negative lifestyle? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The stories Molina shares seem to be without any connection to the men or to the questioning Molina is supposed to be doing.
Part 1: What is the story that seems to relate most to Molina and Valentin? Why?
Part 2: Why do you think Molina chooses to tell these stories to Valentin instead of directly asking questions?
Part 3: Choose one story, describe it, and then discuss why Molina might have chosen to tell that story at the time.
Essay Topic 3
Women do not seem to play a large role in the story, being relegated only to the maternal role and to the person Valentin continues his fight for.
Part 1: Who are the female characters in this story? What is their relationship to the main characters of the dialogue?
Part 2: Do the female characters seem stronger or weaker than the male characters? Why did you choose the answer you did?
Part 3: What does Puig seem to be saying about the female gender?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)