Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who might be the main character of the story Molina is telling?
(a) Valentin's father
(b) Valentin's mother
2. What does the star receive in her dressing room at the end of the show?
(a) A book
3. Who is the character who wonders if the Warden will keep his promise to him?
(a) The guard
(b) The next cellmate over
4. In what is the prepared food to come?
(a) A new copper bowl
(b) An old silver tray
(c) A new tin plate
(d) A fresh plastic cup
5. Irena is not at __________ when she said she would be there.
(a) the zoo
(b) the library
(d) the doctor's office
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the couple beautiful to each other?
2. Who is encouraged initially to take a bigger helping of the dinner in this chapter's text?
3. What does Valentin think about this story?
4. What is hurting Molina so badly while he is ill?
5. Who is spoken of negatively, making the main character of the story walk out on the visit with the father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Valentin's reaction to Molina's illness?
2. What is Valentin's opinion of movies?
3. Who encourages Valentin to tell what he knows?
4. What is the new story Molina tells within this chapter and subsequent chapters?
5. What story is the newspaper reporter working on back at his office?
6. What does Molina say is the only thing that makes him happy?
7. What happens to the young man who owns the house in the new story Molina begins?
8. What is the Warden's new plan to learn more about Valentin's comrades?
9. What happens to the race car driver in the beginning of the new story Molina starts?
10. What does the husband tell the zombie woman as he is dying?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)