|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is this woman in #6 located when the man first meets her?
(a) A bar
(c) Art gallery
(d) A cafe
2. What happens to Leni as a result of #47?
(a) She helps the Germans and becomes a part of their group.
(b) She decides to go back to France.
(c) She is injured.
(d) She is shot.
3. What is the first thing Molina wants the Warden to procure for him?
(a) More rice
(b) A pardon
(c) Guava paste
4. Who does the man invite to meet his new partner?
(a) His ex lover
(b) A friend
(c) His sister
(d) His parents
5. Who does the Warden have dinner with the night before?
(a) The president of the country
(b) Molina's sponsor
(c) Molina's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is encouraged initially to take a bigger helping of the dinner in this chapter's text?
2. Who is the character who wonders if the Warden will keep his promise to him?
3. What is Molina's response to Valentin's reaction in #33?
4. Who gets married in the story Molina tells to himself?
5. What does Valentin do while Molina is violently ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the man and the woman try to fix the woman's problem of not wanting to kiss her husband?
2. What story is the newspaper reporter working on back at his office?
3. What does Molina say is the only thing that makes him happy?
4. What is Valentin's opinion of movies?
5. What is the setting of the new movie Molina wants to share with Valentin?
6. Describe Leni and what happens to her in the beginning of the new movie story.
7. How has Valentin been tortured?
8. Who is the author of the letter Valentin receives?
9. What is the new story Molina tells within this chapter and subsequent chapters?
10. What does Molina propose to the Warden in order to increase the chances of Valentin opening up to him?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)