|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in this story is a Marxist revolutionary?
2. What is Molina's response to Valentin's reaction in #33?
(a) He does not react.
(b) He stops telling stories forever.
(c) He continues the story.
(d) He cries.
3. Who ends up becoming almost immediately ill from the dinner served to the men?
(b) Both men
(d) The guard
4. Who is told he is just like a woman?
(a) No one
(d) The guard
5. Irena is not at __________ when she said she would be there.
(b) the library
(c) the zoo
(d) the doctor's office
Short Answer Questions
1. Who might be the main character of the story Molina is telling?
2. Who does the man invite to meet his new partner?
3. Where are Valentin and Molina located throughout the majority of the book?
4. What does Molina tell Valentin to do?
5. Who helps to take care of the house owner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two men who are being held in the prison in the beginning of the story.
2. Why is Molina in the meeting at the beginning of the chapter?
3. What is the Warden's new plan to learn more about Valentin's comrades?
4. Why do the plantation owners turn the people of the island into zombies?
5. What occurs when Valentin gets mad at Molina?
6. Why does the son feel guilty during the race car driver story?
7. What does the letter Valentin receives reveal to him?
8. What happens to the race car driver in the beginning of the new story Molina starts?
9. Who is the author of the letter Valentin receives?
10. What does Molina say is the only thing that makes him happy?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)