|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the next movie story, who goes to work in the large house in the middle of the woods?
(b) A small boy
(d) A young servant girl
2. Who ends up becoming almost immediately ill from the dinner served to the men?
(b) The guard
(d) Both men
3. What country are the Germans occupying in the next movie story that Molina tells?
4. Who is spoken of negatively, making the main character of the story walk out on the visit with the father?
(a) The mother
(b) The grandmother
(c) The brother
(d) The sister
5. Who is encouraged initially to take a bigger helping of the dinner in this chapter's text?
(c) Both men
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Molina have to do when he's in front of the Warden?
2. Where does Valentin NOT want to go?
3. What is the woman doing when she is first approached by the man?
4. What is used instead of quotation marks to indicate the dialogue?
5. Who is the character who wonders if the Warden will keep his promise to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the son feel guilty during the race car driver story?
2. Why will Irena not let the man kiss her when he wants to, even though they have fallen in love?
3. What does the newspaper reporter do when he recognizes the woman he met the night before in his research?
4. Who encourages Valentin to tell what he knows?
5. Describe the two men who are being held in the prison in the beginning of the story.
6. What does the husband tell the zombie woman as he is dying?
7. What is the new story Molina tells within this chapter and subsequent chapters?
8. By whom would Valentin really like the letter to be written?
9. Who are some of the old friends and family Molina contacts once he is out of the prison?
10. Who is the author of the letter Valentin receives?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)