|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is told he is just like a woman?
(a) No one
(b) The guard
2. What does Valentin think about this story?
(a) He says it is propaganda.
(b) He says it is too long and boring.
(c) He is not listening to the story so he does not have an opinion.
(d) He thinks it is unrealistic.
3. What does Molina tell Valentin to do?
(a) Talk about his current girlfriend
(c) Talk about his group activities
(d) Talk about his sexual experiences
4. Who does the waiter have so that he does not have to be alone while Molina is in prison?
(a) Another lover
(b) A family
(c) A child
(d) A wife
5. With whom is Molina in love?
(a) A waiter
(b) A stagehand
(c) An actor
(d) The guard
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Molina have to do when he's in front of the Warden?
2. Who ends up becoming almost immediately ill from the dinner served to the men?
3. Who gets married in the story Molina tells to himself?
4. What would Valentin like from Marta?
5. What is the woman doing when she is first approached by the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter Valentin receives reveal to him?
2. Who are some of the old friends and family Molina contacts once he is out of the prison?
3. What is the setting of the new movie Molina wants to share with Valentin?
4. Who does Molina meet with at the beginning of the chapter?
5. What story is the newspaper reporter working on back at his office?
6. Why is Valentin afraid to go to the infirmary?
7. How do the man and the woman meet in the first movie Molina describes to Valentin?
8. How has Valentin been tortured?
9. What happens in the movie when the wife goes to a voodoo ceremony?
10. Why does Molina feel he could die in his sleep now?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)