|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentin offer to teach Molina to do?
(a) Disguise his voice
(b) Memorize long numbers
(c) Hide for long periods of time
(d) Speak Russian
2. What time does Molina want to be back in order to have dinner with his mother and aunt?
3. How long has it been since Valentin has had food?
(a) 2 days
(b) 3 days
(c) 1 day
(d) 4 days
4. What does Valentin want even though Molina says he should not have it?
5. What does Valentin want to do now that he is feeling better?
(b) Write letters
6. What is Molina's true last name, according to the report at the beginning of the chapter?
7. Where does the new movie story take place?
8. Who encourages Molina on the phone to be good, even though the report notes that the voice sounds slightly fake?
9. What time is is when Molina gets back to the cell?
10. What kind of job does the reporter get when he realizes he cannot get any other job?
(a) Police officer
(b) Laborer at a saw mill
(c) Security guard
(d) Mafia runner
11. Why does the girl not hear the screams of the old housekeeper?
(a) She is deafened.
(b) She is not listening to anything around her.
(c) The waves are too loud.
(d) The old housekeeper is muffled by the witch doctor.
12. What kind of costume is the woman wearing?
13. Who used to be married to the witch doctor?
(a) The new wife
(b) The first wife
(c) The black maid
(d) A witch
14. To where is Molina summoned to present himself for a meeting?
(a) Another cell
(b) His mother's house
(c) The interrogation room
(d) Warden's office
15. Molina: "But as for my friends and myself, we're a hundred percent ________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valentin happy he is able to do now?
2. "Yes, but in this case, the two of us are locked up here, so there is no _______, no fight to win, you follow me?"
3. Where did Valentin receive 3rd degree burns?
4. Who is going to be followed?
5. "Marta, you can't imagine how much I just feel like __________ after eating all that food I found thanks to the spider woman...."
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)