|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Her new husband comes from __________.
(b) New York
2. "...she can't move, there in the deepest part of the jungle she's trapped in a _______________, or no, the _____________ is growing out of her own body..."
(a) Spider's web, spiderweb
(b) Book, paper
(c) Hole, tree
(d) Net, fish
3. "Marta, you can't imagine how much I just feel like __________ after eating all that food I found thanks to the spider woman...."
4. "Because I'm no good at that sort of thing, and if they catch me I'll wind up telling them everything." is a statement made by _________.
(c) Luis the new cellmate
5. What does the woman say she is not, when the man tries to get her to go away with him?
(a) A single woman
(b) A belonging
(c) A thing
(d) A piece of meat
6. What kind of costume is the woman wearing?
7. Who says: "In a sense we're perfectly free to behave however we choose with respect to one another, am I making myself clear?"
(d) The guard
8. What does Valentin want even though Molina says he should not have it?
9. What is messed up, according to Valentin, since hearing the news that Molina might be leaving?
(a) His mouth
(b) His heart
(c) His stomach
(d) His head
10. What does the man do to get rid of all the zombies?
(a) Hexes them
(b) Burns down their huts
(d) Cuts off the witch doctor's head
11. What does Molina decide to have that morning?
12. Who says: "Whoever doesn't know how to receive...he's the mean one?"
13. Why does the girl not hear the screams of the old housekeeper?
(a) The waves are too loud.
(b) She is deafened.
(c) The old housekeeper is muffled by the witch doctor.
(d) She is not listening to anything around her.
14. To whom does Valentin want to write although he thinks it might be wrong to do so?
(b) His comrades
(c) His girlfriend
(d) His mother
15. What is Valentin happy he is able to do now?
(b) Listen without falling asleep
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Valentin receive 3rd degree burns?
2. Who does the new wife ask for help, as she feels he is the only one she can trust?
3. Both of the men agree they feel __________.
4. Molina: "Arregui is like a _______, sir, and suspicious of everything..."
5. Where is the woman in the story going to meet her fiance?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)