|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is saved when the bus stops to pick her up?
(a) The man's wife
(d) The assistant
2. Who might be the main character of the story Molina is telling?
(a) Valentin's mother
(d) Valentin's father
3. Who tries to avoid the pleasures of the flesh and reveals this fact after dining?
(d) The guard
4. With whom is Molina in love?
(a) A waiter
(b) The guard
(c) A stagehand
(d) An actor
5. Who is spoken of negatively, making the main character of the story walk out on the visit with the father?
(a) The grandmother
(b) The brother
(c) The sister
(d) The mother
6. What is Molina's prisoner number?
7. Why is the story at the end not actually about the person in #78? (Or is it?)
(a) The story is untrue.
(b) The character dies.
(c) The story does not end.
(d) The story is a movie.
8. What does the Warden want Molina to hide when he goes back to his cell?
(a) His euphoria
(b) His groceries
(c) His wounds
(d) The wire
9. Who is the character who wonders if the Warden will keep his promise to him?
(c) The guard
(d) The next cellmate over
10. What is included in the footnote at the end of this chapter?
(a) A letter from the parents
(b) Pictures of the couple
(c) The guard's notes
(d) Theories on homosexuality
11. About whom is Molina worried?
(a) His girlfriend
(d) His mother
12. Who is sick at the beginning of this chapter?
(b) No one
(c) The guard
13. What does the star receive in her dressing room at the end of the show?
(a) A book
14. Where does Valentin NOT want to go?
(c) Away from Molina
(d) Solitary confinement
15. In what is the prepared food to come?
(a) A new copper bowl
(b) A new tin plate
(c) An old silver tray
(d) A fresh plastic cup
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentin do while Molina is violently ill?
2. About whom is Valentin worried?
3. How many other guys are trading on the black market, and are described in detail, in this new story?
4. How many bags of groceries does Molina's mother usually bring him?
5. Who brings these provisions to Molina?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)