|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Molina wants the Warden to procure for him?
(b) Guava paste
(c) A pardon
(d) More rice
2. What does Valentin say about constantly escaping reality through movies - it can become a ______.
3. What does he learn from the answer to #73?
(a) She wants to leave him for another man.
(b) The old rice is bad.
(c) He cannot keep this bowl.
(d) One man is killed.
4. Who cooks dinner for the two men in the prison cell?
(a) The cook staff
(c) The guard
5. With whom does the Warden tell Molina to say he has met?
(a) His sister
(b) The parole board
(c) His mother
(d) The Warden
6. Where does Valentin NOT want to go?
(b) Away from Molina
(c) Solitary confinement
7. What is on the piece of paper the woman has in front of her?
(a) A photo
(b) White tiger
(c) An illegible sketch
(d) Black panther
8. Who is encouraged initially to take a bigger helping of the dinner in this chapter's text?
(c) Both men
9. Why is Leni invited to the city in #40?
(a) A spy offer
(b) A meeting
(c) A vacation
(d) A movie role
10. What is hurting Molina so badly while he is ill?
(a) His heart
(b) His legs
(c) His stomach
(d) His head
11. What does Molina have to do when he's in front of the Warden?
(b) Remove his cap
(c) Stand to attention
(d) Look down
12. Valentin have a bad attack of ____________.
13. The woman in this story is from __________.
14. With what kind of spy ring does Leni get involved?
15. What does the Warden want Molina to hide when he goes back to his cell?
(a) His groceries
(b) His wounds
(c) The wire
(d) His euphoria
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose essay on sexuality does the footnote detail?
2. Where has Molina been that Valentin asks him about?
3. Who has been kidnapped by guerrillas?
4. Who is spoken of negatively, making the main character of the story walk out on the visit with the father?
5. What does Molina try to encourage Valentin to NOT do?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)