|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentin receive while he is in the prison within this scene?
(a) A visit from his girlfriend
(b) A letter
(c) A bowl
(d) A bag of rice
2. What is included in the footnote at the end of this chapter?
(a) A letter from the parents
(b) The guard's notes
(c) Theories on homosexuality
(d) Pictures of the couple
3. Who cooks dinner for the two men in the prison cell?
(a) The guard
(d) The cook staff
4. Who is spoken of negatively, making the main character of the story walk out on the visit with the father?
(a) The grandmother
(b) The brother
(c) The mother
(d) The sister
5. What is the woman doing when she is first approached by the man?
6. What does Irena turn into when she becomes jealous?
(c) Race car driver
7. About whom is Valentin worried?
(a) His girlfriend
8. Who is sick at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) No one
(d) The guard
9. What is served for dinner during this specific chapter?
10. Who has been kidnapped by guerrillas?
(a) The son
(b) The sister
(c) The father
(d) The mother
11. Where are Valentin and Molina located throughout the majority of the book?
(b) A schoolyard
(c) A campground
(d) A house
12. Who does the Warden have dinner with the night before?
(a) Molina's sponsor
(b) Molina's mother
(d) The president of the country
13. What happens to the owner of the house when he goes off to war?
(a) He is disfigured.
(b) He breaks only his leg.
(c) He falls in love with a solider friend.
(d) He is killed.
14. What does Valentin think about this story?
(a) He says it is too long and boring.
(b) He thinks it is unrealistic.
(c) He says it is propaganda.
(d) He is not listening to the story so he does not have an opinion.
15. Why does Leni decide to help the Germans?
(a) She loves the country.
(b) She is given money.
(c) She is told she will be killed if she does not.
(d) She realizes they are right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentin do while Molina is violently ill?
2. What does Valentin say about constantly escaping reality through movies - it can become a ______.
3. Who is told he is just like a woman?
4. Who ends up becoming almost immediately ill from the dinner served to the men?
5. Who does the waiter have so that he does not have to be alone while Molina is in prison?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)