|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentin think about this story?
(a) He says it is propaganda.
(b) He says it is too long and boring.
(c) He thinks it is unrealistic.
(d) He is not listening to the story so he does not have an opinion.
2. Who ends up becoming almost immediately ill from the dinner served to the men?
(a) Both men
(d) The guard
3. What is used instead of quotation marks to indicate the dialogue?
4. What is the first thing Molina wants the Warden to procure for him?
(a) More rice
(b) Guava paste
(d) A pardon
5. Whose essay on sexuality does the footnote detail?
6. What happens to Leni as a result of #47?
(a) She helps the Germans and becomes a part of their group.
(b) She is injured.
(c) She decides to go back to France.
(d) She is shot.
7. What does Valentin say about constantly escaping reality through movies - it can become a ______.
8. What is included in the footnote at the end of this chapter?
(a) Theories on homosexuality
(b) A letter from the parents
(c) Pictures of the couple
(d) The guard's notes
9. What is served for dinner during this specific chapter?
10. Why is Leni invited to the city in #40?
(a) A movie role
(b) A meeting
(c) A vacation
(d) A spy offer
11. Where does the assistant decide to relax after a long day?
(a) The backyard conservatory
(b) The pool
(c) The zoo
(d) The spa
12. What s the animal in the cage focused on so that he does not smell the woman so close?
(a) An unobservant trainer
(b) A man's cigar
(c) A slab of meat
(d) The fish
13. Which character in this story is a Marxist revolutionary?
14. How many bags of groceries does Molina's mother usually bring him?
15. What is the name of the woman in the first story Molina tells?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irena turn into when she becomes jealous?
2. About whom is Valentin worried?
3. What does Molina try to encourage Valentin to NOT do?
4. In the next movie story, who goes to work in the large house in the middle of the woods?
5. Who is thinking about the story from the last chapter again?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)