|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants Valentin to leave the movement?
(a) His mother
(b) His brother
(c) His father
(d) His girlfriend
2. Why is Leni invited to the city in #40?
(a) A movie role
(b) A meeting
(c) A vacation
(d) A spy offer
3. What does the main character attempt to do in order to forget about the bad experience mentioned in #66?
(a) Gets in a fight
(c) Hurts himself/herself
4. Who shows all of his/her work including pictures of fierce animals?
(c) The man
5. What is Molina's response to Valentin's reaction in #33?
(a) He stops telling stories forever.
(b) He cries.
(c) He continues the story.
(d) He does not react.
6. Who does the waiter have so that he does not have to be alone while Molina is in prison?
(a) A wife
(b) A child
(c) Another lover
(d) A family
7. Who has been kidnapped by guerrillas?
(a) The father
(b) The sister
(c) The mother
(d) The son
8. Who is the character who wonders if the Warden will keep his promise to him?
(c) The next cellmate over
(d) The guard
9. What is served for dinner during this specific chapter?
10. What is included in the footnote at the end of this chapter?
(a) The guard's notes
(b) Theories on homosexuality
(c) Pictures of the couple
(d) A letter from the parents
11. What does Irena turn into when she becomes jealous?
(d) Race car driver
12. What does the Warden want Molina to hide when he goes back to his cell?
(a) His groceries
(b) His wounds
(c) The wire
(d) His euphoria
13. Which character in this story is a Marxist revolutionary?
14. What is important to this character in #14?
(a) Societal revolution
(b) Gratifying the senses
(c) Getting out of the prison
(d) Killing people who don't agree
15. What happens to the owner of the house when he goes off to war?
(a) He breaks only his leg.
(b) He is disfigured.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He falls in love with a solider friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the story at the end not actually about the person in #78? (Or is it?)
2. Where are Valentin and Molina located throughout the majority of the book?
3. Who brings these provisions to Molina?
4. What does Molina tell Valentin to do?
5. What is the profession of the man?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)