|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentin think about this story?
(a) He says it is too long and boring.
(b) He says it is propaganda.
(c) He is not listening to the story so he does not have an opinion.
(d) He thinks it is unrealistic.
2. Who cooks dinner for the two men in the prison cell?
(b) The cook staff
(c) The guard
3. Who tries to avoid the pleasures of the flesh and reveals this fact after dining?
(d) The guard
4. Who shows all of his/her work including pictures of fierce animals?
(c) The man
5. Who is saved when the bus stops to pick her up?
(b) The assistant
(d) The man's wife
6. Who does Valentin say is secondary to the cause of change?
(c) His girlfriend
7. What is Molina's prisoner number?
8. Where does the assistant decide to relax after a long day?
(a) The pool
(b) The backyard conservatory
(c) The zoo
(d) The spa
9. What does Irena turn into when she becomes jealous?
(d) Race car driver
10. Where are Valentin and Molina located throughout the majority of the book?
(a) A campground
(b) A schoolyard
(d) A house
11. Why is the story at the end not actually about the person in #78? (Or is it?)
(a) The story is a movie.
(b) The character dies.
(c) The story does not end.
(d) The story is untrue.
12. Who does the Warden have dinner with the night before?
(a) Molina's sponsor
(c) The president of the country
(d) Molina's mother
13. With whom does the Warden tell Molina to say he has met?
(a) His sister
(b) The Warden
(c) His mother
(d) The parole board
14. What does Valentin do while Molina is violently ill?
(b) Helps him
(c) Tells stories
15. In what is the prepared food to come?
(a) A new tin plate
(b) A fresh plastic cup
(c) A new copper bowl
(d) An old silver tray
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the star receive in her dressing room at the end of the show?
2. About whom is Valentin worried?
3. What does Molina tell Valentin to do?
4. Irena is not at __________ when she said she would be there.
5. Where is this woman in #6 located when the man first meets her?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)