|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentin think about this story?
(a) He thinks it is unrealistic.
(b) He is not listening to the story so he does not have an opinion.
(c) He says it is too long and boring.
(d) He says it is propaganda.
2. Who helps to take care of the house owner?
(a) His new male friend
(b) A military MP
(c) The servant girl
(d) His fiancee
3. Who shows all of his/her work including pictures of fierce animals?
(a) The man
4. Where is the mother left, according to the story?
(a) In the barn
(b) Coffee plantation
(c) On an island
(d) In the desert
5. Who wants Valentin to leave the movement?
(a) His girlfriend
(b) His brother
(c) His mother
(d) His father
6. What is the first thing Molina wants the Warden to procure for him?
(a) A pardon
(b) Guava paste
(d) More rice
7. Who is encouraged initially to take a bigger helping of the dinner in this chapter's text?
(d) Both men
8. What happens to the owner of the house when he goes off to war?
(a) He breaks only his leg.
(b) He falls in love with a solider friend.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is disfigured.
9. How many other guys are trading on the black market, and are described in detail, in this new story?
10. What country are the Germans occupying in the next movie story that Molina tells?
11. What does Molina offer to fix for Valentin?
12. Molina say he is sick for ________.
(a) 1 day
(b) 2 days
(c) 2 weeks
(d) 2 hours
13. What would Valentin like from Marta?
(a) A hug
(b) A letter
(c) A way out
(d) A kiss
14. What s the animal in the cage focused on so that he does not smell the woman so close?
(a) A man's cigar
(b) A slab of meat
(c) The fish
(d) An unobservant trainer
15. Where does Valentin NOT want to go?
(b) Solitary confinement
(c) Away from Molina
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Leni invited to that interrupts her attempt to give over the information she has learned?
2. What is included in the footnote at the end of this chapter?
3. Where are Valentin and Molina located throughout the majority of the book?
4. Why is the story at the end not actually about the person in #78? (Or is it?)
5. What is important to this character in #14?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)