|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is encouraged initially to take a bigger helping of the dinner in this chapter's text?
(b) Both men
2. Where has Molina been that Valentin asks him about?
(b) Warden's office
(c) The exercise room
3. Who helps to take care of the house owner?
(a) The servant girl
(b) His fiancee
(c) His new male friend
(d) A military MP
4. Who brings these provisions to Molina?
(a) The guard
(b) His sister
(c) His mother
(d) His brother
5. Who is the star of the show in the next part of the movie story Molina tells?
6. With what kind of spy ring does Leni get involved?
7. Who is the main character in the next story Molina tells?
(a) German solider
(c) Race car driver
8. What happens to the owner of the house when he goes off to war?
(a) He breaks only his leg.
(b) He falls in love with a solider friend.
(c) He is disfigured.
(d) He is killed.
9. Who does Valentin say is secondary to the cause of change?
(d) His girlfriend
10. Which character in this story is a Marxist revolutionary?
11. Which woman does Molina think about as he is lying in bed?
(b) His lover
(c) His sister
(d) His aunt
12. What does Molina have to do when he's in front of the Warden?
(a) Stand to attention
(b) Remove his cap
(c) Look down
13. Who is sick at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) The guard
(c) No one
14. How many bags of groceries does Molina's mother usually bring him?
15. What does the main character attempt to do in order to forget about the bad experience mentioned in #66?
(b) Gets in a fight
(d) Hurts himself/herself
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the man invite to meet his new partner?
2. Why is Leni invited to the city in #40?
3. What happens to Leni as a result of #47?
4. What is Irena not allowed to do with her husband?
5. Who does the waiter have so that he does not have to be alone while Molina is in prison?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)