|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is encouraged initially to take a bigger helping of the dinner in this chapter's text?
(b) Both men
2. Which character in this story is a Marxist revolutionary?
3. About whom is Valentin worried?
(c) His girlfriend
4. What is hurting Molina so badly while he is ill?
(a) His head
(b) His stomach
(c) His heart
(d) His legs
5. What makes the couple beautiful to each other?
(a) Their committment
(b) Their love
(c) Their blindness
(d) Their scars
6. Who does the Warden have dinner with the night before?
(a) Molina's sponsor
(b) The president of the country
(d) Molina's mother
7. Who does the man invite to meet his new partner?
(a) His parents
(b) His sister
(c) His ex lover
(d) A friend
8. What does Valentin do to escape his cell?
(a) Digs a hole in the wall
(c) Bribes the guard
(d) Reads and studies
9. What does Valentin receive while he is in the prison within this scene?
(a) A visit from his girlfriend
(b) A bag of rice
(c) A letter
(d) A bowl
10. Who is the character who wonders if the Warden will keep his promise to him?
(a) The next cellmate over
(d) The guard
11. What is the profession of the man?
12. What is Molina's response to Valentin's reaction in #33?
(a) He stops telling stories forever.
(b) He cries.
(c) He continues the story.
(d) He does not react.
13. What is the woman doing when she is first approached by the man?
14. In what is the prepared food to come?
(a) A new tin plate
(b) An old silver tray
(c) A fresh plastic cup
(d) A new copper bowl
15. Who has been trading in the black market for surplus food in this new story?
(c) Jewish banker
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the assistant decide to relax after a long day?
2. Who is Valentin's old girlfriend?
3. What is included in the footnote at the end of this chapter?
4. Who is told he is just like a woman?
5. With whom does Leni meet to help the Germans?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)