|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentin do to escape his cell?
(a) Bribes the guard
(b) Digs a hole in the wall
(d) Reads and studies
2. Where does the main character of the next story go to visit his/her father?
(b) Monte Carlo
(d) Buena Vista
3. Who does the waiter have so that he does not have to be alone while Molina is in prison?
(a) A family
(b) A child
(c) A wife
(d) Another lover
4. Which woman does Molina think about as he is lying in bed?
(a) His sister
(c) His aunt
(d) His lover
5. Why is Leni invited to the city in #40?
(a) A movie role
(b) A vacation
(c) A meeting
(d) A spy offer
6. What is hurting Molina so badly while he is ill?
(a) His head
(b) His heart
(c) His legs
(d) His stomach
7. To what is Valentin afraid he could become addicted?
8. What does Molina offer to fix for Valentin?
9. Who does Valentin say is secondary to the cause of change?
(c) His girlfriend
10. What is Molina's middle name?
11. What is the first thing Molina wants the Warden to procure for him?
(a) A pardon
(c) More rice
(d) Guava paste
12. Who helps to take care of the house owner?
(a) His fiancee
(b) A military MP
(c) His new male friend
(d) The servant girl
13. The woman in this story is from __________.
14. What does Irena turn into when she becomes jealous?
(b) Race car driver
15. Who is spoken of negatively, making the main character of the story walk out on the visit with the father?
(a) The sister
(b) The grandmother
(c) The mother
(d) The brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Molina try to encourage Valentin to NOT do?
2. Who has been trading in the black market for surplus food in this new story?
3. Who is Valentin's old girlfriend?
4. In what is the prepared food to come?
5. What is Valentin's last name?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)