Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Molina and Valentin are two prisoners, speaking to each other while in jail.
* Molina talks in great detail about pictures he has seen.
* The picture Molina describes is about a woman named Irena.
* Irena is in the zoo, drawing pictures of a black panther.
* An architect starts a conversation with Irena and plans to...
This section contains 1,594 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)