|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tuptim stripped when she is brought before the King?
2. What is the name of the baby in Tuptim's play?
3. What does Tuptim's lover sing to Tuptim before she performs her play?
4. What does Tuptim's lover tell Anna after Tuptim runs away?
5. What do the women call their new clothing in the song they sing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
With which character do you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)