|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Tuptim's lover be leaving Siam?
2. Who is in pursuit of Tuptim?
3. Which of the following does NOT confuse the women in the palace about their clothing?
4. Why do the women refuse to wear a certain piece of clothing with their new dresses?
5. What does Anna sing after she sees Tuptim and her lover together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The King and the Kralahome are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite examples, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)