|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tuptim stripped when she is brought before the King?
2. Who tells the King that Tuptim has tried to escape?
3. What does Lady Thiang beg of Anna before she leaves the palace for good?
4. What does Anna do when the King dies?
5. Where does Ramsay speak with the King about the feast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is used in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
The King and the Kralahome are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite examples, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)