|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna do when the King dies?
2. Who announces that the King is dying?
3. In the last scene, how much time has passed since Anna has last seen the King?
4. How do the women greet the Crown Prince when the King dies?
5. The women wearing makeup hope to look like what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might the authors have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
With which character do you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)