|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tuptim's lover?
2. Who is most afraid of the King's dying?
3. The King is dying of what ailment?
4. Where does Ramsay speak with the King about the feast?
5. Who tells the King that Tuptim has tried to escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might the authors have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
With which character do you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)