|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last scene, how much time has passed since Anna has last seen the King?
2. Credit is given to whom for the main character in Tuptim's play having crossed the river?
3. Who announces that the King is dying?
4. Who applies the makeup for the women in the palace?
5. What is the title of the enemy in Tuptim's play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)