|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT confuse the women in the palace about their clothing?
2. Why do the women refuse to wear a certain piece of clothing with their new dresses?
3. What does the Crown Prince do when the King dies?
4. Where is Tuptim presented before the King?
5. What does the King have the people in the room do to honor his son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security are two themes present in this book. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is used in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)