|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children not want Anna to leave?
2. Where will Tuptim's lover be going when he leaves Siam?
3. What does Anna do when the King dies?
4. Which of the following does NOT confuse the women in the palace about their clothing?
5. Who arranges for Tuptim's lover to leave Siam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might the authors have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The King presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is used in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)