|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna sing after she sees Tuptim and her lover together?
2. What does Tuptim say she is doing when she is caught sneaking out of the palace before the play?
3. The King thinks Anna really wants to stay in Siam for what reason?
4. Where does Tuptim run when Anna sees her and her lover?
5. Who stops the King from whipping Tuptim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
The King endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is used in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)