|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tuptim presented before the King?
2. What does Anna call the behavior of Tuptim and her lover?
3. To what song do Anna and the King dance?
4. What are the children doing when they see their father in the last scene?
5. When is Tuptim's lover leaving Siam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the authors feel it is so important?
Essay Topic 3
The King presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around him?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)