|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ramsay say is his favorite part of the evening?
2. Where is Tuptim presented before the King?
3. How does the audience feel about the play?
4. What does Anna sing after she sees Tuptim and her lover together?
5. Where does Tuptim run when Anna sees her and her lover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in these scenes?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)