|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what song do Anna and the King dance?
2. How will Tuptim's lover be leaving Siam?
3. What does Tuptim's lover tell Anna after Tuptim runs away?
4. What does Tuptim say when she hears Lun Tha is dead?
5. Credit is given to whom for the main character in Tuptim's play having crossed the river?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something for which many of the main characters are striving in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is used in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
The King and the Kralahome are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite examples, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)