|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tuptim's lover?
2. What does the Crown Prince do when the King dies?
3. Where will Tuptim's lover be going when he leaves Siam?
4. What does Lady Thiang say will help the person who will next rule Siam following the King's death?
5. What is the name of the baby in Tuptim's play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is used in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The King endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)