|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Tuptim's lover be leaving Siam?
2. How do the women greet the Crown Prince when the King dies?
3. The King is dying of what ailment?
4. What do the women call their new clothing in the song they sing?
5. In the last scene, how much time has passed since Anna has last seen the King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The King and the Kralahome are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite examples, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)