|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in Tuptim's play?
2. What does Anna do after reading the document from the King?
3. Who applies the makeup for the women in the palace?
4. Who does the King blame for the Crown Prince's new way of thinking?
5. How is the enemy in Tuptim's play killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)