|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King give Anna when Ramsay leaves the room?
(a) A flower.
(b) A fan.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
2. Where will Tuptim's lover be going when he leaves Siam?
3. Which of the following does NOT confuse the women in the palace about their clothing?
(a) The excessive material.
(b) The hoops.
(c) The colors.
(d) The coverage.
4. Where does Tuptim run when Anna sees her and her lover?
(a) Out of the palace gates.
(b) The theater.
(c) The schoolroom.
(d) Anna's room.
5. What is the first law the Crown Prince says he will abolish when he is King?
(a) Killing runaway slaves.
(b) Bowing to the King.
(c) Having multiple wives.
(d) Praying to Buddha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the children doing when they see their father in the last scene?
2. How are the women of the palace hoping to appear before the British Ambassador?
3. What does Lady Thiang beg of Anna before she leaves the palace for good?
4. What is the name of the main character in Tuptim's play?
5. Who tells the King that Tuptim has tried to escape?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)