|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Tuptim's lover be going when he leaves Siam?
2. Where does Ramsay speak with the King about the feast?
(a) The theater.
(b) The King's study.
(c) The schoolroom.
(d) The dining room.
3. What is the first law the Crown Prince says he will abolish when he is King?
(a) Killing runaway slaves.
(b) Having multiple wives.
(c) Bowing to the King.
(d) Praying to Buddha.
4. What is the name of Tuptim's lover?
(a) Lim Thai.
(b) Lung Shi.
(c) Lin Sho.
(d) Lun Tha.
5. Who is in pursuit of Tuptim?
(a) The Kralahome.
(b) The wives' safe keepers.
(c) The secret police.
(d) The royal guards.
6. Who catches Tuptim sneaking out of the palace before the play?
(a) Lady Thiang.
(d) The Kralahome.
7. What does Tuptim say she is doing when she is caught sneaking out of the palace before the play?
(a) Studying her lines.
(b) Looking for a flower.
(c) Finding a missing prop.
(d) Getting some air.
8. The King thinks Anna really wants to stay in Siam for what reason?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She has nowhere else to go.
(c) She is needed there.
(d) She loves the children.
9. What does Lady Thiang beg of Anna before she leaves the palace for good?
(a) That she bid farewell to the children.
(b) That she speak to the king.
(c) That she leave the books.
(d) That she motivate the Crown Prince.
10. Who is with Anna when she enters the room prior to leaving?
(c) Lun Tha.
11. What does the King write to Anna?
(a) A letter.
(b) An honorable mention.
(c) A declaration for a house.
(d) A safe passage clause.
12. Where does Lady Thiang wait for Anna?
(a) Her room.
(b) The dock.
(c) The garden.
(d) The schoolroom.
13. What does Tuptim say when she hears Lun Tha is dead?
(a) She is glad he escaped.
(b) She knows it in her heart.
(c) Her life is now over.
(d) She will join him soon.
14. What functions as a dressing room during the feast preparations?
(a) The church hall.
(b) The schoolroom.
(c) Anna's apartment.
(d) The King's study.
15. Who announces that the King is dying?
(a) Lady Thiang.
(b) The Kralahome.
(c) The King.
(d) The Crown Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the women of the palace hoping to appear before the British Ambassador?
2. The main character in Tuptim's play crosses what river?
3. To what song do Anna and the King dance?
4. How does the person held responsible for the Crown Prince's new thoughts feel about this?
5. What does Lady Thiang say will help the person who will next rule Siam following the King's death?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)