|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tuptim's lover sing to Tuptim before she performs her play?
(a) I Have Dreamed.
(b) I Have Hoped.
(c) I Have Come.
(d) I Have Loved.
2. What does Tuptim say when she hears Lun Tha is dead?
(a) She will join him soon.
(b) She is glad he escaped.
(c) She knows it in her heart.
(d) Her life is now over.
3. What is the name of the baby in Tuptim's play?
4. Who catches Tuptim sneaking out of the palace before the play?
(a) Lady Thiang.
(c) The Kralahome.
5. Where is Tuptim presented before the King?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The theater.
(c) The dining hall.
(d) The study.
6. What is the name of the main character in Tuptim's play?
7. When is Tuptim's lover leaving Siam?
(a) He has already been sent away.
(b) The night of the feast.
(c) The next week.
(d) The next morning.
8. Why do the children not want Anna to leave?
(a) They are bored without her.
(b) They want her to be their mother.
(c) They love her.
(d) They like learning.
9. How is the enemy in Tuptim's play killed?
10. Who is most afraid of the King's dying?
(c) Lady Thiang.
(d) The Crown Prince.
11. What does Anna sing after she sees Tuptim and her lover together?
(a) Dangerous Love.
(b) We Meet Again.
(c) 'Til We Meet Again.
(d) Hello Young Lovers.
12. Who is in pursuit of Tuptim?
(a) The secret police.
(b) The royal guards.
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) The wives' safe keepers.
13. How will Tuptim's lover be leaving Siam?
(a) By ship.
(b) With a litter.
(c) On foot.
(d) Dragged in chains.
14. What kind of makeup do the women in the palace wear?
(a) Pale powder.
(b) Eye liner.
15. How does the audience feel about the play?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are impressed.
(c) They love it.
(d) They are saddened.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what song do Anna and the King dance?
2. How do the women greet the Crown Prince when the King dies?
3. What does Lady Thiang beg of Anna before she leaves the palace for good?
4. What does Anna call the behavior of Tuptim and her lover?
5. Who arranges for Tuptim's lover to leave Siam?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)