|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the document he has written to her, the King thanks Anna for what ?
(a) Her morals.
(b) Her stubborness.
(c) Her friendship.
(d) Her understanding.
2. Which of the following does NOT confuse the women in the palace about their clothing?
(a) The hoops.
(b) The coverage.
(c) The excessive material.
(d) The colors.
3. Why do the women refuse to wear a certain piece of clothing with their new dresses?
(a) They are uncomfortable.
(b) It is against their religion.
(c) They do not have time to make them.
(d) They are not used to it.
4. What does Anna sing after she sees Tuptim and her lover together?
(a) 'Til We Meet Again.
(b) Dangerous Love.
(c) Hello Young Lovers.
(d) We Meet Again.
5. What do the women of the palace refuse to wear with their new clothing?
6. What does the King sense in the Crown Prince in the last scene?
(a) His confidence.
(b) His apprehension.
(c) His fear.
(d) His love.
7. What does Tuptim say she is doing when she is caught sneaking out of the palace before the play?
(a) Looking for a flower.
(b) Finding a missing prop.
(c) Getting some air.
(d) Studying her lines.
8. What does Anna tell the King is an important facet in personality?
9. How do the women greet the Crown Prince when the King dies?
10. Where will Tuptim's lover be going when he leaves Siam?
11. Who tells the King that Tuptim has tried to escape?
(a) Lady Thiang.
(b) The Kralahome.
12. Who will rule Siam after the King dies?
(b) The Kralahome.
(d) The Crown Prince.
13. When had Ramsay courted Anna?
(a) When she was engaged.
(b) While she was married.
(c) Before she was married.
(d) After her husband died.
14. Who is with Anna when she enters the room prior to leaving?
(c) Lun Tha.
15. What does Lady Thiang beg of Anna before she leaves the palace for good?
(a) That she speak to the king.
(b) That she motivate the Crown Prince.
(c) That she leave the books.
(d) That she bid farewell to the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna do after reading the document from the King?
2. Who tells Lady Thiang Anna has already left?
3. To what song do Anna and the King dance?
4. Who announces that the King is dying?
5. What does the King give Anna when Ramsay leaves the room?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)