|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women call their new clothing in the song they sing?
2. What does the King sense in the Crown Prince in the last scene?
(a) His fear.
(b) His confidence.
(c) His love.
(d) His apprehension.
3. How does the person held responsible for the Crown Prince's new thoughts feel about this?
(a) She is happy.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He is upset.
(d) She is ashamed.
4. Why is Tuptim stripped when she is brought before the King?
(a) As a sign of her dismissal from the palace.
(b) As a symbolic stripping of her title.
(c) To be whipped.
(d) To humiliate her.
5. What does Anna tell the King is an important facet in personality?
6. To what song do Anna and the King dance?
(a) This Dance.
(b) Dancing Together.
(c) Shall We Dance.
(d) I Could Have Danced All Night.
7. What is the last name of the enemy in Tuptim's play?
8. Where is Tuptim presented before the King?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The dining hall.
(c) The theater.
(d) The study.
9. The King is dying of what ailment?
(a) A venerial disease.
(c) A weak heart.
(d) A fever.
10. Who announces that the King is dying?
(a) Lady Thiang.
(b) The Crown Prince.
(c) The King.
(d) The Kralahome.
11. What does Tuptim's lover sing to Tuptim before she performs her play?
(a) I Have Dreamed.
(b) I Have Hoped.
(c) I Have Loved.
(d) I Have Come.
12. Credit is given to whom for the main character in Tuptim's play having crossed the river?
13. What does Ramsay say is his favorite part of the evening?
(a) The ball.
(b) The play.
(c) The dinner.
(d) The bows to the King.
14. What does Anna sing after she sees Tuptim and her lover together?
(a) 'Til We Meet Again.
(b) We Meet Again.
(c) Dangerous Love.
(d) Hello Young Lovers.
15. Where does Lady Thiang wait for Anna?
(a) The schoolroom.
(b) Her room.
(c) The garden.
(d) The dock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of the enemy in Tuptim's play?
2. What does the King call Anna when she defends Tuptim?
3. What is the first law the Crown Prince says he will abolish when he is King?
4. What do the women of the palace refuse to wear with their new clothing?
5. Where does Tuptim run when Anna sees her and her lover?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)