|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women wearing makeup hope to look like what?
2. Who stops the King from whipping Tuptim?
(b) Lady Thiang.
3. Where is Tuptim presented before the King?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The study.
(c) The dining hall.
(d) The theater.
4. Who applies the makeup for the women in the palace?
(a) Makeup artists.
(b) Lady Thiang.
5. What is the first law the Crown Prince says he will abolish when he is King?
(a) Bowing to the King.
(b) Killing runaway slaves.
(c) Having multiple wives.
(d) Praying to Buddha.
6. What does the King write to Anna?
(a) A letter.
(b) A declaration for a house.
(c) An honorable mention.
(d) A safe passage clause.
7. In the last scene, how much time has passed since Anna has last seen the King?
8. How does the audience feel about the play?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They are saddened.
(c) They love it.
(d) They are confused.
9. How do the women greet the Crown Prince when the King dies?
10. What functions as a dressing room during the feast preparations?
(a) Anna's apartment.
(b) The church hall.
(c) The schoolroom.
(d) The King's study.
11. Tuptim's play is about what subject?
12. What does the Crown Prince do when the King dies?
(a) Lies down next to him.
(b) Runs out of the room.
(c) Makes new rules.
13. What is the last name of the enemy in Tuptim's play?
14. How is the enemy in Tuptim's play killed?
15. The schoolroom functions as what during the feast preparations?
(a) Dressing room.
(c) Prop room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna do when the King dies?
2. What does Lady Thiang beg of Anna before she leaves the palace for good?
3. What is the first name of the enemy in Tuptim's play?
4. What does the King call Anna when she defends Tuptim?
5. What does Anna sing after she sees Tuptim and her lover together?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)