|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in Tuptim's play?
2. Which of the following does NOT confuse the women in the palace about their clothing?
(a) The coverage.
(b) The excessive material.
(c) The hoops.
(d) The colors.
3. What are the children doing when they see their father in the last scene?
(a) Praying for him.
(b) Telling him of their lessons.
(c) Proclaiming their love for him.
(d) Blessing his health.
4. Who catches Tuptim sneaking out of the palace before the play?
(b) The Kralahome.
(c) Lady Thiang.
5. What does Anna call the behavior of Tuptim and her lover?
6. How does the audience feel about the play?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are saddened.
(c) They love it.
(d) They are impressed.
7. How is the enemy in Tuptim's play killed?
8. How does the King feel about the familiarity between Anna and Ramsay?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) He is amused by Anna's discomfort.
(d) He is happy for the benefit.
9. The women wearing makeup hope to look like what?
10. How does the person held responsible for the Crown Prince's new thoughts feel about this?
(a) She is ashamed.
(b) He is proud.
(c) He is upset.
(d) She is happy.
11. Who announces that the King is dying?
(a) The Kralahome.
(b) Lady Thiang.
(c) The King.
(d) The Crown Prince.
12. In the document he has written to her, the King thanks Anna for what ?
(a) Her stubborness.
(b) Her morals.
(c) Her friendship.
(d) Her understanding.
13. What does Anna do after reading the document from the King?
(a) Writes back to him.
(b) Rips it up.
(c) Runs out of the room.
(d) Cries on her bed.
14. Where is Tuptim presented before the King?
(a) The theater.
(b) The study.
(c) The dining hall.
(d) The ballroom.
15. The main character in Tuptim's play crosses what river?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the King that Tuptim has tried to escape?
2. Who is most afraid of the King's dying?
3. What does Tuptim say when she hears Lun Tha is dead?
4. Why do the children not want Anna to leave?
5. What is the name of the baby in Tuptim's play?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)