|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most afraid of the King's dying?
(c) The Crown Prince.
(d) Lady Thiang.
2. What is the first law the Crown Prince says he will abolish when he is King?
(a) Having multiple wives.
(b) Killing runaway slaves.
(c) Praying to Buddha.
(d) Bowing to the King.
3. The King is dying of what ailment?
(a) A venerial disease.
(c) A fever.
(d) A weak heart.
4. What is the name of Tuptim's lover?
(a) Lun Tha.
(b) Lim Thai.
(c) Lung Shi.
(d) Lin Sho.
5. What do the women call their new clothing in the song they sing?
6. Why do the children not want Anna to leave?
(a) They like learning.
(b) They are bored without her.
(c) They want her to be their mother.
(d) They love her.
7. How do the women greet the Crown Prince when the King dies?
8. What does the King sense in the Crown Prince in the last scene?
(a) His apprehension.
(b) His confidence.
(c) His fear.
(d) His love.
9. Who arranges for Tuptim's lover to leave Siam?
(b) Lady Thiang.
(c) The King.
(d) The Kralahome.
10. What does Anna call the behavior of Tuptim and her lover?
11. How does the person held responsible for the Crown Prince's new thoughts feel about this?
(a) He is upset.
(b) She is happy.
(c) He is proud.
(d) She is ashamed.
12. What does Tuptim say she is doing when she is caught sneaking out of the palace before the play?
(a) Getting some air.
(b) Studying her lines.
(c) Finding a missing prop.
(d) Looking for a flower.
13. How does the King feel about the familiarity between Anna and Ramsay?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is happy for the benefit.
(d) He is amused by Anna's discomfort.
14. Which of the following does NOT confuse the women in the palace about their clothing?
(a) The excessive material.
(b) The hoops.
(c) The colors.
(d) The coverage.
15. Who is in pursuit of Tuptim?
(a) The wives' safe keepers.
(b) The Kralahome.
(c) The secret police.
(d) The royal guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tuptim run when Anna sees her and her lover?
2. What does Tuptim say when she hears Lun Tha is dead?
3. How will Tuptim's lover be leaving Siam?
4. In the document he has written to her, the King thanks Anna for what ?
5. Why is Tuptim stripped when she is brought before the King?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)