|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tuptim say she is doing when she is caught sneaking out of the palace before the play?
(a) Studying her lines.
(b) Looking for a flower.
(c) Finding a missing prop.
(d) Getting some air.
2. Who does the King blame for the Crown Prince's new way of thinking?
(a) Lady Thiang.
3. How is the river in Tuptim's play crossed?
(a) She swims across it.
(b) She walks across it.
(c) She swings across it on a vine.
(d) She builds a bridge.
4. In the last scene, how much time has passed since Anna has last seen the King?
5. What does the King give Anna when Ramsay leaves the room?
(a) A fan.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A flower.
6. Who announces that the King is dying?
(a) The Crown Prince.
(b) Lady Thiang.
(c) The King.
(d) The Kralahome.
7. How is the enemy in Tuptim's play killed?
8. Who catches Tuptim sneaking out of the palace before the play?
(a) The Kralahome.
(d) Lady Thiang.
9. To what song do Anna and the King dance?
(a) Dancing Together.
(b) Shall We Dance.
(c) This Dance.
(d) I Could Have Danced All Night.
10. How does the person held responsible for the Crown Prince's new thoughts feel about this?
(a) He is upset.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is ashamed.
(d) He is proud.
11. Credit is given to whom for the main character in Tuptim's play having crossed the river?
12. Who tells the King that Tuptim has tried to escape?
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) Lady Thiang.
13. Why is Tuptim stripped when she is brought before the King?
(a) To be whipped.
(b) As a sign of her dismissal from the palace.
(c) As a symbolic stripping of her title.
(d) To humiliate her.
14. What is the last name of the enemy in Tuptim's play?
15. What do the women call their new clothing in the song they sing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the audience feel about the play?
2. What does Anna call the behavior of Tuptim and her lover?
3. What does Lady Thiang beg of Anna before she leaves the palace for good?
4. What is the name of Tuptim's lover?
5. In the document he has written to her, the King thanks Anna for what ?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)