|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King call Anna when she defends Tuptim?
2. What does Tuptim's lover tell Anna after Tuptim runs away?
(a) He will be killed that night.
(b) He owes her everything.
(c) They are running away that night.
(d) She has ruined his chance for happiness.
3. How is the enemy in Tuptim's play killed?
4. Who arranges for Tuptim's lover to leave Siam?
(b) Lady Thiang.
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) The King.
5. What is the first law the Crown Prince says he will abolish when he is King?
(a) Bowing to the King.
(b) Killing runaway slaves.
(c) Having multiple wives.
(d) Praying to Buddha.
6. The King thinks Anna really wants to stay in Siam for what reason?
(a) She has nowhere else to go.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is needed there.
(d) She loves the children.
7. What does Anna sing after she sees Tuptim and her lover together?
(a) Dangerous Love.
(b) 'Til We Meet Again.
(c) Hello Young Lovers.
(d) We Meet Again.
8. How do the women greet the Crown Prince when the King dies?
9. What is the last name of the enemy in Tuptim's play?
10. What does Tuptim's lover sing to Tuptim before she performs her play?
(a) I Have Loved.
(b) I Have Come.
(c) I Have Hoped.
(d) I Have Dreamed.
11. What does Ramsay say is his favorite part of the evening?
(a) The dinner.
(b) The bows to the King.
(c) The ball.
(d) The play.
12. What does Lady Thiang say will help the person who will next rule Siam following the King's death?
(a) The King's reputation.
(c) Anna's lessons.
(d) His inner royal nature.
13. What does Anna call the behavior of Tuptim and her lover?
14. What is the name of Tuptim's lover?
(a) Lung Shi.
(b) Lin Sho.
(c) Lim Thai.
(d) Lun Tha.
15. How does the King feel about the familiarity between Anna and Ramsay?
(a) He is happy for the benefit.
(b) He is amused by Anna's discomfort.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He does not like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King write to Anna?
2. Who performs Tuptim's play?
3. How will Tuptim's lover be leaving Siam?
4. What does Anna do when the King dies?
5. Where will Tuptim's lover be going when he leaves Siam?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)