|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tuptim's play is about what subject?
2. Where does Tuptim run when Anna sees her and her lover?
(a) Out of the palace gates.
(b) The schoolroom.
(c) The theater.
(d) Anna's room.
3. In the last scene, how much time has passed since Anna has last seen the King?
4. What functions as a dressing room during the feast preparations?
(a) The schoolroom.
(b) Anna's apartment.
(c) The church hall.
(d) The King's study.
5. Who tells Lady Thiang Anna has already left?
(b) The King.
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) The Crown Prince.
6. What is the title of the enemy in Tuptim's play?
7. What do the women call their new clothing in the song they sing?
8. Who is in pursuit of Tuptim?
(a) The wives' safe keepers.
(b) The Kralahome.
(c) The secret police.
(d) The royal guards.
9. What do the women of the palace refuse to wear with their new clothing?
10. How does the audience feel about the play?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They are saddened.
(c) They love it.
(d) They are confused.
11. Who performs Tuptim's play?
(a) The King's children.
(b) The King's wives.
(c) The royal singers and dancers.
(d) Peasants from the street.
12. What does the King sense in the Crown Prince in the last scene?
(a) His confidence.
(b) His apprehension.
(c) His fear.
(d) His love.
13. What does the King give Anna when Ramsay leaves the room?
(a) A fan.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A flower.
(d) A ring.
14. Why do the women refuse to wear a certain piece of clothing with their new dresses?
(a) They do not have time to make them.
(b) It is against their religion.
(c) They are uncomfortable.
(d) They are not used to it.
15. Who catches Tuptim sneaking out of the palace before the play?
(b) Lady Thiang.
(c) The Kralahome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Thiang say will help the person who will next rule Siam following the King's death?
2. Who tells the King that Tuptim has tried to escape?
3. How will Tuptim's lover be leaving Siam?
4. Credit is given to whom for the main character in Tuptim's play having crossed the river?
5. Why do the children not want Anna to leave?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)