|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Thiang beg of Anna before she leaves the palace for good?
(a) That she leave the books.
(b) That she bid farewell to the children.
(c) That she motivate the Crown Prince.
(d) That she speak to the king.
2. How are the women of the palace hoping to appear before the British Ambassador?
3. How do the women greet the Crown Prince when the King dies?
4. How does the audience feel about the play?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They love it.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are saddened.
5. Credit is given to whom for the main character in Tuptim's play having crossed the river?
6. What does Anna tell the King is an important facet in personality?
7. How does the King feel about the familiarity between Anna and Ramsay?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) He is amused by Anna's discomfort.
(d) He is happy for the benefit.
8. Who is in pursuit of Tuptim?
(a) The wives' safe keepers.
(b) The Kralahome.
(c) The royal guards.
(d) The secret police.
9. Tuptim's play is about what subject?
10. How is the river in Tuptim's play crossed?
(a) She swings across it on a vine.
(b) She walks across it.
(c) She builds a bridge.
(d) She swims across it.
11. What does Tuptim say she is doing when she is caught sneaking out of the palace before the play?
(a) Getting some air.
(b) Studying her lines.
(c) Finding a missing prop.
(d) Looking for a flower.
12. What does Anna call the behavior of Tuptim and her lover?
13. Why do the children not want Anna to leave?
(a) They are bored without her.
(b) They like learning.
(c) They love her.
(d) They want her to be their mother.
14. What does Anna do when the King dies?
(a) Kisses his hand.
(b) Puts a piece of lace in his pocket.
(c) Puts her ring on his finger.
(d) Kisses his lips.
15. Where is Tuptim presented before the King?
(a) The dining hall.
(b) The study.
(c) The theater.
(d) The ballroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Lady Thiang Anna has already left?
2. What does Ramsay say is his favorite part of the evening?
3. Which of the following does NOT confuse the women in the palace about their clothing?
4. The King thinks Anna really wants to stay in Siam for what reason?
5. What does Anna sing after she sees Tuptim and her lover together?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)