|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna do when the King dies?
(a) Puts her ring on his finger.
(b) Puts a piece of lace in his pocket.
(c) Kisses his hand.
(d) Kisses his lips.
2. How does the King feel about the familiarity between Anna and Ramsay?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He is amused by Anna's discomfort.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He is happy for the benefit.
3. In the last scene, how much time has passed since Anna has last seen the King?
4. How is the enemy in Tuptim's play killed?
5. Where does Ramsay speak with the King about the feast?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The King's study.
(c) The schoolroom.
(d) The theater.
6. The King thinks Anna really wants to stay in Siam for what reason?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She has nowhere else to go.
(c) She is needed there.
(d) She loves the children.
7. What does the King have the people in the room do to honor his son?
8. Where is Tuptim presented before the King?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The dining hall.
(c) The theater.
(d) The study.
9. What is the last name of the enemy in Tuptim's play?
10. What is the first law the Crown Prince says he will abolish when he is King?
(a) Praying to Buddha.
(b) Bowing to the King.
(c) Having multiple wives.
(d) Killing runaway slaves.
11. What does Anna call the behavior of Tuptim and her lover?
12. When had Ramsay courted Anna?
(a) When she was engaged.
(b) While she was married.
(c) After her husband died.
(d) Before she was married.
13. What does Tuptim's lover sing to Tuptim before she performs her play?
(a) I Have Loved.
(b) I Have Come.
(c) I Have Dreamed.
(d) I Have Hoped.
14. Who announces that the King is dying?
(a) The King.
(b) The Kralahome.
(c) Lady Thiang.
(d) The Crown Prince.
15. Who tells the King that Tuptim has tried to escape?
(a) The Kralahome.
(c) Lady Thiang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women call their new clothing in the song they sing?
2. Where does Tuptim run when Anna sees her and her lover?
3. What does the Crown Prince do when the King dies?
4. What is the name of the main character in Tuptim's play?
5. What kind of makeup do the women in the palace wear?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)