|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Lady Thiang Anna has already left?
(a) The Crown Prince.
(c) The King.
(d) The Kralahome.
2. Why do the women refuse to wear a certain piece of clothing with their new dresses?
(a) They do not have time to make them.
(b) They are uncomfortable.
(c) It is against their religion.
(d) They are not used to it.
3. How do the women greet the Crown Prince when the King dies?
4. What does Tuptim's lover sing to Tuptim before she performs her play?
(a) I Have Loved.
(b) I Have Come.
(c) I Have Hoped.
(d) I Have Dreamed.
5. What does Tuptim say she is doing when she is caught sneaking out of the palace before the play?
(a) Getting some air.
(b) Looking for a flower.
(c) Studying her lines.
(d) Finding a missing prop.
6. How does the King feel about the familiarity between Anna and Ramsay?
(a) He is happy for the benefit.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He is amused by Anna's discomfort.
7. The women wearing makeup hope to look like what?
8. Where will Tuptim's lover be going when he leaves Siam?
9. Tuptim's play is about what subject?
10. What do the women of the palace refuse to wear with their new clothing?
11. What does Lady Thiang say will help the person who will next rule Siam following the King's death?
(b) The King's reputation.
(c) His inner royal nature.
(d) Anna's lessons.
12. To what song do Anna and the King dance?
(a) Shall We Dance.
(b) I Could Have Danced All Night.
(c) Dancing Together.
(d) This Dance.
13. The schoolroom functions as what during the feast preparations?
(b) Dressing room.
(c) Prop room.
14. Where does Tuptim run when Anna sees her and her lover?
(a) Anna's room.
(b) Out of the palace gates.
(c) The theater.
(d) The schoolroom.
15. Who is in pursuit of Tuptim?
(a) The wives' safe keepers.
(b) The royal guards.
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) The secret police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in Tuptim's play?
2. Where does Lady Thiang wait for Anna?
3. Who tells the King that Tuptim has tried to escape?
4. Who applies the makeup for the women in the palace?
5. What does the King give Anna when Ramsay leaves the room?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)