|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Lady Thiang Anna has already left?
(a) The Kralahome.
(b) The Crown Prince.
(d) The King.
2. What is the title of the enemy in Tuptim's play?
3. Why do the children not want Anna to leave?
(a) They love her.
(b) They like learning.
(c) They are bored without her.
(d) They want her to be their mother.
4. Which of the following does NOT confuse the women in the palace about their clothing?
(a) The colors.
(b) The excessive material.
(c) The coverage.
(d) The hoops.
5. What does Anna sing after she sees Tuptim and her lover together?
(a) Dangerous Love.
(b) Hello Young Lovers.
(c) We Meet Again.
(d) 'Til We Meet Again.
6. What does Tuptim's lover tell Anna after Tuptim runs away?
(a) They are running away that night.
(b) He owes her everything.
(c) He will be killed that night.
(d) She has ruined his chance for happiness.
7. Tuptim's play is about what subject?
8. What functions as a dressing room during the feast preparations?
(a) The King's study.
(b) Anna's apartment.
(c) The schoolroom.
(d) The church hall.
9. What does Tuptim's lover sing to Tuptim before she performs her play?
(a) I Have Loved.
(b) I Have Dreamed.
(c) I Have Hoped.
(d) I Have Come.
10. Who will rule Siam after the King dies?
(a) The Crown Prince.
(b) The Kralahome.
11. Where does Lady Thiang wait for Anna?
(a) The schoolroom.
(b) The garden.
(c) The dock.
(d) Her room.
12. Who stops the King from whipping Tuptim?
(d) Lady Thiang.
13. How are the women of the palace hoping to appear before the British Ambassador?
14. How does the audience feel about the play?
(a) They love it.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are impressed.
(d) They are saddened.
15. What does Tuptim say when she hears Lun Tha is dead?
(a) Her life is now over.
(b) She knows it in her heart.
(c) She is glad he escaped.
(d) She will join him soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in Tuptim's play?
2. What is the last name of the enemy in Tuptim's play?
3. What does the King write to Anna?
4. Who performs Tuptim's play?
5. When had Ramsay courted Anna?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)