|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna do when the King dies?
(a) Puts a piece of lace in his pocket.
(b) Kisses his lips.
(c) Puts her ring on his finger.
(d) Kisses his hand.
2. What do the women call their new clothing in the song they sing?
3. What does Tuptim's lover sing to Tuptim before she performs her play?
(a) I Have Loved.
(b) I Have Come.
(c) I Have Hoped.
(d) I Have Dreamed.
4. Who is most afraid of the King's dying?
(b) The Crown Prince.
(c) Lady Thiang.
5. The King is dying of what ailment?
(b) A venerial disease.
(c) A weak heart.
(d) A fever.
6. Where does Ramsay speak with the King about the feast?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The theater.
(c) The King's study.
(d) The schoolroom.
7. Why do the children not want Anna to leave?
(a) They love her.
(b) They like learning.
(c) They are bored without her.
(d) They want her to be their mother.
8. Why do the women refuse to wear a certain piece of clothing with their new dresses?
(a) It is against their religion.
(b) They are not used to it.
(c) They are uncomfortable.
(d) They do not have time to make them.
9. The main character in Tuptim's play crosses what river?
10. Who stops the King from whipping Tuptim?
(d) Lady Thiang.
11. Where will Tuptim's lover be going when he leaves Siam?
12. Tuptim's play is about what subject?
13. What does Tuptim's lover tell Anna after Tuptim runs away?
(a) He will be killed that night.
(b) She has ruined his chance for happiness.
(c) He owes her everything.
(d) They are running away that night.
14. Who is with Anna when she enters the room prior to leaving?
(c) Lun Tha.
15. What is the title of the enemy in Tuptim's play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What functions as a dressing room during the feast preparations?
2. What does the King have the people in the room do to honor his son?
3. What kind of makeup do the women in the palace wear?
4. What is the name of Tuptim's lover?
5. How does the audience feel about the play?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)