|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women call their new clothing in the song they sing?
2. Who applies the makeup for the women in the palace?
(a) Lady Thiang.
(b) Makeup artists.
3. What does the King sense in the Crown Prince in the last scene?
(a) His fear.
(b) His confidence.
(c) His love.
(d) His apprehension.
4. What does the King have the people in the room do to honor his son?
5. The women wearing makeup hope to look like what?
6. What do the women of the palace refuse to wear with their new clothing?
7. Who arranges for Tuptim's lover to leave Siam?
(a) The King.
(b) Lady Thiang.
(d) The Kralahome.
8. To what song do Anna and the King dance?
(a) This Dance.
(b) I Could Have Danced All Night.
(c) Shall We Dance.
(d) Dancing Together.
9. How is the river in Tuptim's play crossed?
(a) She builds a bridge.
(b) She swims across it.
(c) She swings across it on a vine.
(d) She walks across it.
10. What is the name of the main character in Tuptim's play?
11. How does the audience feel about the play?
(a) They love it.
(b) They are impressed.
(c) They are saddened.
(d) They are confused.
12. What does the King call Anna when she defends Tuptim?
13. What does Anna sing after she sees Tuptim and her lover together?
(a) 'Til We Meet Again.
(b) Dangerous Love.
(c) We Meet Again.
(d) Hello Young Lovers.
14. What does the Crown Prince do when the King dies?
(a) Lies down next to him.
(b) Makes new rules.
(c) Runs out of the room.
15. What does Anna do when the King dies?
(a) Kisses his hand.
(b) Puts a piece of lace in his pocket.
(c) Kisses his lips.
(d) Puts her ring on his finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King write to Anna?
2. How does the person held responsible for the Crown Prince's new thoughts feel about this?
3. What does Anna do after reading the document from the King?
4. What does Anna call the behavior of Tuptim and her lover?
5. Which of the following does NOT confuse the women in the palace about their clothing?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)