|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the uproar with the children?
(a) Prompting from the Crown Prince.
(b) Hearing about frozen rivers.
(c) Learning Siam is a small country.
(d) Disbeleif about snow.
2. Who has written the play that the King wants performed for the British Ambassador?
(a) Mark Twain.
(d) Harriet Beecher Stow.
3. Anna show the children what about England in the fourth scene?
(a) It snows in England.
(b) There are animals in England.
(c) England is smaller than Siam.
(d) England is closer than they think.
4. Why is the King emotionally wounded by what Anna has said in the classroom?
(a) No one ever speaks to him like that.
(b) He is not given a chance to explain himself.
(c) She is correct.
(d) He knows she is wrong.
5. The King think the woman that has been brought to him by Lun Tha is what?
(a) A concubine.
(b) A spy.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) A wife.
6. How long does Anna have to prepare the plan to impress the British Ambassador?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
7. What word(s) does Anna use that enthralls the King when they first meet?
(b) Et cetera.
(c) So forth.
(d) Much ado.
8. Anna tells the children the world is what?
(a) A travelling caravan.
(b) A floating orb.
(c) A big ball.
(d) A bubble.
9. How long has it taken Anna to get to know the customs of Siam?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
10. What is the name of the English Queen?
11. How many servants board the ship to welcome Anna?
12. What gift does the King want to send to help President Lincoln?
13. What kind of woman does the King say Anna is?
14. What is Anna's occupation?
15. How many children does the King have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Thiang compares the King to what in her song?
2. What does Anna tell her son when they get to Siam?
3. What does Anna call Siam when she is alone in her room?
4. What does Anna tell the King she does NOT like about her palace apartment?
5. What is the name of the ship at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)