|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Anna the most upset with the King?
(a) His not caring if she leaves.
(b) His denying her a house.
(c) His calling her a servant.
(d) His speaking down to her.
2. Anna is coming to Bangcock to work for whom?
(a) The English Ambassador.
(b) The King.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) The Prime Minister.
3. What does the King say when he hears how Anna has described the world to his children?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He says he will look into it.
(c) He says it is nonsense.
(d) He acts confused.
4. What is Anna's husband's name?
5. What do the letters to Britain say about the King?
(a) He is adopting English customs.
(b) He is barbaric.
(c) He is blind to progress.
(d) He is not wise.
6. What gift does the King want to send to help President Lincoln?
7. What does Anna say the King has done to her that no one ever has done previously?
(a) Dismissed her presence.
(b) Spoken to her in that manner.
(c) Ignored her wishes.
(d) Broken a promise.
8. What does Anna do while the children sing to her in the fourth scene?
(a) Dances with them.
(b) Sings with them.
(c) Leads them around the garden.
(d) Hugs each of them.
9. What does the King do after Anna leaves the schoolroom in tears?
(a) Paces the floor.
(b) Sits and cries.
(c) Throws a stone through the window.
(d) Breaks a chair.
10. The King tells Anna to talk to whom when he leaves her after she demands a separate house?
(a) His assistant.
(b) Lun Tha.
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) His wives.
11. What does Anna tell the King she does NOT like about her palace apartment?
(a) The visitors.
(b) The guards.
(c) The music.
(d) The food.
12. The Crown Prince is worried about what?
(a) Not learning enough.
(b) Learning false truths.
(c) Failing as a king.
(d) Not knowing everything.
13. What does the King ask his son to tell him in the third scene?
(a) What Anna says about him.
(b) How the children feel about Anna.
(c) What he has learned from Anna.
(d) How Anna acts in class.
14. Who finds letters sent to Britain about the King?
(a) The Kralahome.
(b) Lady Thiang.
(c) Siamese agents.
(d) The English Sea Captain.
15. Anna says she will make sure the Queen of England knows that the King of Siam is what?
(a) He has an alliance with Lincoln.
(b) He is well educated.
(c) He is not a barbarian.
(d) He knows many forms of warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the King demand Anna sit when she comes to talk to him following their fight in the schoolroom?
2. Where is the King when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
3. Who is Anna told should bring up the subject of Britain when she speaks with the King?
4. The Crown Prince asks about country?
5. What kind of woman does the King say Anna is?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)