|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The King says his Crown Prince is a symbol of what?
(a) His past.
(c) A new beginning.
(d) The future.
2. Anna says she will make sure the Queen of England knows that the King of Siam is what?
(a) He knows many forms of warfare.
(b) He has an alliance with Lincoln.
(c) He is well educated.
(d) He is not a barbarian.
3. What does Lady Thiang realize about Anna and the King following her song about the King?
(a) They need each other.
(b) They are the answer to their own prayers.
(c) They are very similar.
(d) They are in love.
4. Anna claims the King is not what when she hears of the letters to Britain?
(a) A patient man.
(b) A fool.
(c) A poor leader.
(d) A barbarian.
5. What word(s) does Anna use that enthralls the King when they first meet?
(a) Much ado.
(b) Et cetera.
(c) So forth.
6. Anna says the people of the palace should dress in what style while the British Ambassador is in Siam?
7. What causes the uproar with the children?
(a) Prompting from the Crown Prince.
(b) Hearing about frozen rivers.
(c) Disbeleif about snow.
(d) Learning Siam is a small country.
8. The Crown Prince is worried about what?
(a) Not learning enough.
(b) Not knowing everything.
(c) Failing as a king.
(d) Learning false truths.
9. What kind of woman does the King say Anna is?
10. What does Anna want the King to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
(a) Greet him warmly.
(b) Hold a party.
(c) Ignore his presence.
(d) Fight him.
11. What does Anna do while the children sing to her in the fourth scene?
(a) Dances with them.
(b) Hugs each of them.
(c) Leads them around the garden.
(d) Sings with them.
12. Who begs Anna to go to the King when she is angry with him?
(a) The Kralahome.
(d) Lady Thiang.
13. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) Huckleberry Finn.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The Wild Duck.
14. Who is Anna told should bring up the subject of Britain when she speaks with the King?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The King.
(d) Lady Thiang.
15. Which of the following is NOT something Anna says she and Louis have seen while in their palace apartment?
(b) New Year celebrations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna show her class in the fourth scene?
2. What startles Anna's son about the sight of the King's right-hand man?
3. The King talks about what when Anna comes to see him following their fight in the schoolroom?
4. The King says he wants his Kingdom to be more _______.
5. What does Anna call Siam when she is alone in her room?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)