|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Lady Thiang sing when Anna agrees to speak to the King about Britain?
(a) Something Wonderful.
(b) Friends in Strange Places.
(c) My Man of Might.
(d) The Leader Within.
2. What is the name of Anna's son?
3. What does Lady Thiang call Anna?
4. Where does Anna sit while speaking with the King about the Queen of England?
(a) A desk.
(b) A child's chair.
(c) The floor.
(d) A throne.
5. What does the King do after Anna leaves the schoolroom in tears?
(a) Throws a stone through the window.
(b) Breaks a chair.
(c) Sits and cries.
(d) Paces the floor.
6. What is Anna's occupation?
7. The song Anna sings alone in her room is about what?
(a) The customs of Siam.
(b) Broken promises.
(c) Her home in England.
(d) Her anger with the King.
8. What song does the King sing in the third scene?
9. What has to be made for all the women before the British Ambassador arrives in Siam?
(a) Under garments.
(b) Head wraps.
10. What does Anna show her class in the fourth scene?
(a) The alphabet.
(b) A picture.
(c) A map.
(d) A text book.
11. The King think the woman that has been brought to him by Lun Tha is what?
(a) A concubine.
(b) A wife.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) A spy.
12. Who has written the play that the King wants performed for the British Ambassador?
(b) Harriet Beecher Stow.
(c) Mark Twain.
13. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) The Wild Duck.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
14. Who tells the children to believe everything Anna tells them?
(b) Lady Thiang.
(c) The King.
(d) The Kralahome.
15. Anna claims the King is not what when she hears of the letters to Britain?
(a) A fool.
(b) A poor leader.
(c) A patient man.
(d) A barbarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Anna been in Siam before the King sees her?
2. What song do the children sing in the third scene?
3. Who finds letters sent to Britain about the King?
4. What is the name of the ship at the beginning of the play?
5. Anna tells the children the world is what?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)