|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna tell her son when they get to Siam?
(a) Do not be trusting.
(b) Do not be tired.
(c) Do not be afraid.
(d) Do not be worried.
2. What song does Lady Thiang sing when Anna agrees to speak to the King about Britain?
(a) My Man of Might.
(b) Friends in Strange Places.
(c) The Leader Within.
(d) Something Wonderful.
3. What does the King call President Lincoln?
(a) Link King.
4. What is the name of Anna's son?
5. Who begs Anna to go to the King when she is angry with him?
(b) The Kralahome.
(c) Lady Thiang.
6. Anna claims the King is not what when she hears of the letters to Britain?
(a) A fool.
(b) A poor leader.
(c) A barbarian.
(d) A patient man.
7. What does Anna threaten to do in the fourth scene if she does not get her promised home?
(a) Tell the people he does not honor promises.
(b) Stop teaching.
(c) Return to England.
(d) Write to the Queen of England.
8. What does the King ask his son to tell him in the third scene?
(a) What he has learned from Anna.
(b) How Anna acts in class.
(c) How the children feel about Anna.
(d) What Anna says about him.
9. Lun Tha is from where?
10. What does Anna do while the children sing to her in the fourth scene?
(a) Dances with them.
(b) Sings with them.
(c) Hugs each of them.
(d) Leads them around the garden.
11. What do the letters to Britain say about the King?
(a) He is adopting English customs.
(b) He is blind to progress.
(c) He is not wise.
(d) He is barbaric.
12. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
(a) Huckleberry Finn.
(b) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The Wild Duck.
13. Why does the King think Anna has centered all her lessons around one thing?
(a) She has news from home.
(b) She wants a house.
(c) She is a spy.
(d) She misses England.
14. What has to be made for all the women before the British Ambassador arrives in Siam?
(c) Under garments.
(d) Head wraps.
15. How many children does the King have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
2. Why does the woman brought by Lun Tha say she can never please the King?
3. The letters to Britain are sent from where?
4. What is the name of the woman Lun Tha brings to the King?
5. Why is the King unable to meet with Anna when she first arrives?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)