|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The King complains to whom in the third scene?
(a) His newest wife.
(b) His oldest son.
(c) His head wife.
(d) The Kralahome.
2. Who has written the play that the King wants performed for the British Ambassador?
(a) Harriet Beecher Stow.
(c) Mark Twain.
3. At the beginning of the play, from where did the ship initially sail?
4. What is the name of the Crown Prince?
5. What does Anna call Siam when she is alone in her room?
(b) Old Fashioned.
6. The King says Anna is what when she reminds him of her promised home?
(a) A woman.
(b) A pest.
(c) A servant.
(d) A foreigner.
7. Anna says the people of the palace should dress in what style while the British Ambassador is in Siam?
8. The King think the woman that has been brought to him by Lun Tha is what?
(a) A spy.
(b) A concubine.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) A wife.
9. What does Anna tell the children is inside the world?
(a) A soul.
(b) A heat source.
(c) A central pull.
(d) A big stick.
10. The Crown Prince asks about country?
11. What is on the long, low boat seen in Siam?
(a) A nude woman.
(b) A fierce bird.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A pig.
12. What song does the King sing in the third scene?
13. Who is Anna told should bring up the subject of Britain when she speaks with the King?
(a) Lady Thiang.
(b) The King.
(c) The Prince.
14. The King says he wants his Kingdom to be more _______.
15. Why has the King brought Anna to teach his children?
(a) He wants to assimilate parts of Western culture into his home.
(b) He wants to set them apart from the others.
(c) He wants them to know of the world.
(d) He wants them to be good leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King offer Anna in response to her threat?
2. Why does the woman brought by Lun Tha say she can never please the King?
3. What song does Lady Thiang sing when Anna agrees to speak to the King about Britain?
4. What song do the children sing in the third scene?
5. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)