|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna tell the King she does NOT like about her palace apartment?
(a) The music.
(b) The food.
(c) The visitors.
(d) The guards.
2. The Crown Prince asks about country?
3. The King says Anna's lessons all reference what?
4. What does Anna threaten to do in the fourth scene if she does not get her promised home?
(a) Tell the people he does not honor promises.
(b) Stop teaching.
(c) Write to the Queen of England.
(d) Return to England.
5. The woman brought by Lun Tha ask Anna for what gift?
(a) Some paper.
(b) A pen.
(c) A fan.
(d) A book.
6. What does the King ask his son to tell him in the third scene?
(a) What Anna says about him.
(b) What he has learned from Anna.
(c) How Anna acts in class.
(d) How the children feel about Anna.
7. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
(a) Fight him.
(b) Ignore his presence.
(c) Greet him warmly.
(d) Hold a party.
8. Which of the following is NOT something Anna says she and Louis have seen while in their palace apartment?
(b) New Year celebrations.
9. What is the name of the ship at the beginning of the play?
(a) Chau Phia.
(b) Chow Phya.
(c) Chai Phow.
(d) Cho Phi.
10. How does Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
11. What is the title of the King's right-hand man in Siam?
12. What does the King say he does not need when Anna leaves the schoolroom in tears?
(a) A stubborn woman.
(c) Another servant.
(d) A teacher.
13. The King says his Crown Prince is a symbol of what?
(b) The future.
(c) His past.
(d) A new beginning.
14. What startles Anna's son about the sight of the King's right-hand man?
(a) He has dark skin.
(b) He is covered in tattoos.
(c) He is almost naked.
(d) He smells bad.
15. What does Lady Thiang realize about Anna and the King following her song about the King?
(a) They are very similar.
(b) They are the answer to their own prayers.
(c) They are in love.
(d) They need each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's occupation?
2. What song does the King sing in the third scene?
3. What does the King offer Anna in response to her threat?
4. What is the name of the Captain of the ship?
5. Anna says she had known nothing about what before coming to teach the children in Siam?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)