|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King ask his son to tell him in the third scene?
(a) What Anna says about him.
(b) What he has learned from Anna.
(c) How the children feel about Anna.
(d) How Anna acts in class.
2. What does the King offer Anna in response to her threat?
(a) A bed in the schoolroom.
(b) A bigger palace apartment.
(d) A home.
3. Who has written the play that the King wants performed for the British Ambassador?
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Harriet Beecher Stow.
4. What do the children think when they hear men can walk on frozen rivers?
(a) They do not believe her.
(b) They want to try.
(c) They are amazed.
(d) They think it sounds terrible.
5. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
(a) Greet him warmly.
(b) Hold a party.
(c) Ignore his presence.
(d) Fight him.
6. The King says Anna's lessons all reference what?
7. Why does the King think Anna has centered all her lessons around one thing?
(a) She misses England.
(b) She is a spy.
(c) She wants a house.
(d) She has news from home.
8. The Crown Prince is worried about what?
(a) Failing as a king.
(b) Not learning enough.
(c) Learning false truths.
(d) Not knowing everything.
9. What is Anna told would hurt the King's pride when Anna goes to speak with the King?
(c) Mention of the letters.
(d) Standing when he is sitting.
10. Who is Lady Thiang?
(a) Anna's slave.
(b) The Head Wife.
(c) The King's assistant.
(d) The housekeeper.
11. The Crown Prince asks about country?
12. The King says he wants his Kingdom to be more _______.
13. Which of the following is NOT something Anna says she and Louis have seen while in their palace apartment?
(a) New Year celebrations.
14. Why does the woman brought by Lun Tha say she can never please the King?
(a) She cannot bear children.
(b) She is in love with another man.
(c) She hates Siam.
(d) She hates the King.
15. What does Anna threaten to do in the fourth scene if she does not get her promised home?
(a) Tell the people he does not honor promises.
(b) Write to the Queen of England.
(c) Return to England.
(d) Stop teaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it taken Anna to get to know the customs of Siam?
2. What does Anna want the King to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
3. What does the King do after Anna leaves the schoolroom in tears?
4. The letters to Britain are sent from where?
5. What does the King call President Lincoln?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)