|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna is coming to Bangcock to work for whom?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) The English Ambassador.
(d) The King.
2. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
(b) Reading his Bible.
(c) Writing a letter.
3. What is the name of the woman Lun Tha brings to the King?
4. Who finds letters sent to Britain about the King?
(a) The Kralahome.
(b) Lady Thiang.
(c) Siamese agents.
(d) The English Sea Captain.
5. What does Anna tell her son when they get to Siam?
(a) Do not be tired.
(b) Do not be afraid.
(c) Do not be worried.
(d) Do not be trusting.
6. The King think the woman that has been brought to him by Lun Tha is what?
(a) A spy.
(b) A wife.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) A concubine.
7. What is the name of the ship at the beginning of the play?
(a) Chau Phia.
(b) Chow Phya.
(c) Cho Phi.
(d) Chai Phow.
8. What does Lady Thiang call Anna?
9. Lun Tha is from where?
10. Anna says the people of the palace should dress in what style while the British Ambassador is in Siam?
11. Why is the King unable to meet with Anna when she first arrives?
(a) He is visiting his sick child in the hospital.
(b) He is busy with the New Year's celebration.
(c) He is away at war.
(d) He is sleeping.
12. Anna says she will make sure the Queen of England knows that the King of Siam is what?
(a) He is not a barbarian.
(b) He has an alliance with Lincoln.
(c) He knows many forms of warfare.
(d) He is well educated.
13. Who leaves to announce Anna's visit to the King?
(a) The Crown Prince.
(b) The Kralahome.
(d) Lady Thiang.
14. Why has the King brought Anna to teach his children?
(a) He wants them to know of the world.
(b) He wants to set them apart from the others.
(c) He wants to assimilate parts of Western culture into his home.
(d) He wants them to be good leaders.
15. Who is Lady Thiang?
(a) The King's assistant.
(b) Anna's slave.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) The Head Wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Crown Prince?
2. What does the King say he does not need when Anna leaves the schoolroom in tears?
3. In her song about him, Lady Thiang says the King is set apart from others by what?
4. What does Anna sing with the children when she talks about learning about Siam?
5. The children are shocked about what when they see what Anna shows them in the fourth Scene?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)