|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anna teach the King's children?
(a) A schoolhouse.
(b) The church house.
(c) The palace.
(d) Her apartment.
2. The King says Anna is what when she reminds him of her promised home?
(a) A servant.
(b) A woman.
(c) A foreigner.
(d) A pest.
3. At the beginning of the play, from where did the ship initially sail?
4. The woman brought by Lun Tha ask Anna for what gift?
(a) A fan.
(b) A book.
(c) A pen.
(d) Some paper.
5. How many children does the King have?
6. What does Anna call Siam when she is alone in her room?
(d) Old Fashioned.
7. What is the name of the Captain of the ship?
8. What is Anna's occupation?
9. Why is the King unable to meet with Anna when she first arrives?
(a) He is away at war.
(b) He is visiting his sick child in the hospital.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is busy with the New Year's celebration.
10. What startles Anna's son about the sight of the King's right-hand man?
(a) He smells bad.
(b) He is almost naked.
(c) He is covered in tattoos.
(d) He has dark skin.
11. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Reading his Bible.
12. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
(a) Hold a party.
(b) Ignore his presence.
(c) Fight him.
(d) Greet him warmly.
13. What does Anna tell the King she does NOT like about her palace apartment?
(a) The visitors.
(b) The food.
(c) The music.
(d) The guards.
14. In her song about him, Lady Thiang says the King is set apart from others by what?
(a) His intelligent mind.
(b) His tender heart.
(c) His stubborn nature.
(d) His compassion.
15. What is the King doing the first time he is on stage?
(b) Judging a trial.
(d) Dictating letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna says she will make sure the Queen of England knows that the King of Siam is what?
2. What does Anna threaten to do in the fourth scene if she does not get her promised home?
3. What is Anna's husband's name?
4. What word(s) does Anna use that enthralls the King when they first meet?
5. Anna claims the King is not what when she hears of the letters to Britain?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)