|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the long, low boat seen in Siam?
(a) The Rowboat to the Royals.
(b) The Royal Barge.
(c) The King's yacht.
(d) The Barge of the King.
2. What is Anna's husband's name?
3. The Crown Prince is worried about what?
(a) Not knowing everything.
(b) Learning false truths.
(c) Not learning enough.
(d) Failing as a king.
4. The King says Anna is what when she reminds him of her promised home?
(a) A woman.
(b) A pest.
(c) A servant.
(d) A foreigner.
5. What startles Anna's son about the sight of the King's right-hand man?
(a) He smells bad.
(b) He has dark skin.
(c) He is almost naked.
(d) He is covered in tattoos.
6. Anna show the children what about England in the fourth scene?
(a) England is smaller than Siam.
(b) It snows in England.
(c) There are animals in England.
(d) England is closer than they think.
7. What does the King say he does not need when Anna leaves the schoolroom in tears?
(a) Another servant.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A stubborn woman.
8. The letters to Britain are sent from where?
9. What does Lady Thiang call Anna?
10. In her song about him, Lady Thiang says the King is set apart from others by what?
(a) His intelligent mind.
(b) His tender heart.
(c) His compassion.
(d) His stubborn nature.
11. Who begs Anna to go to the King when she is angry with him?
(b) The Kralahome.
(c) Lady Thiang.
12. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
(a) The Wild Duck.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
13. What does the King do after Anna leaves the schoolroom in tears?
(a) Sits and cries.
(b) Paces the floor.
(c) Breaks a chair.
(d) Throws a stone through the window.
14. What does the King do in the fourth scene when Anna reminds him of her promised home?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Laughs at her.
15. What has to be made for all the women before the British Ambassador arrives in Siam?
(a) Under garments.
(c) Head wraps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna show her class in the fourth scene?
2. What does the King call President Lincoln?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Anna says she and Louis have seen while in their palace apartment?
4. What does Anna say the King has done to her that no one ever has done previously?
5. The Crown Prince asks about country?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)