|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Lun Tha brings to the King?
2. Why is the King emotionally wounded by what Anna has said in the classroom?
(a) He knows she is wrong.
(b) She is correct.
(c) No one ever speaks to him like that.
(d) He is not given a chance to explain himself.
3. What song does Lady Thiang sing when Anna agrees to speak to the King about Britain?
(a) Friends in Strange Places.
(b) Something Wonderful.
(c) The Leader Within.
(d) My Man of Might.
4. Who speaks the most to Anna when the ship is boarded?
(a) The Kralahome.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The interpreter.
(d) The head wife.
5. The letters to Britain are sent from where?
6. Why does the King wake up his servants after his talk with Anna about the British Ambassador?
(a) To inform them of the plan.
(b) To begin teaching them English.
(c) To dictate a message.
(d) To sew the dresses.
7. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
(a) Writing a letter.
(c) Reading his Bible.
8. What does Anna tell the children is inside the world?
(a) A heat source.
(b) A central pull.
(c) A big stick.
(d) A soul.
9. What does Anna do while the children sing to her in the fourth scene?
(a) Sings with them.
(b) Dances with them.
(c) Hugs each of them.
(d) Leads them around the garden.
10. Who leaves to announce Anna's visit to the King?
(a) The Kralahome.
(b) Lady Thiang.
(d) The Crown Prince.
11. Lun Tha is from where?
12. How does Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
13. Why does the woman brought by Lun Tha say she can never please the King?
(a) She cannot bear children.
(b) She hates Siam.
(c) She is in love with another man.
(d) She hates the King.
14. What makes Anna the most upset with the King?
(a) His calling her a servant.
(b) His speaking down to her.
(c) His not caring if she leaves.
(d) His denying her a house.
15. What is Anna's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's husband's name?
2. The song Anna sings alone in her room is about what?
3. What does Anna threaten to do in the fourth scene if she does not get her promised home?
4. The King says his Crown Prince is a symbol of what?
5. Anna tells the children the world is what?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)