|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of woman does the King say Anna is?
2. What is the title of the King's right-hand man in Siam?
3. What does Anna threaten to do in the fourth scene if she does not get her promised home?
(a) Tell the people he does not honor promises.
(b) Write to the Queen of England.
(c) Return to England.
(d) Stop teaching.
4. The King says Anna is what when she reminds him of her promised home?
(a) A servant.
(b) A foreigner.
(c) A woman.
(d) A pest.
5. The children are shocked about what when they see what Anna shows them in the fourth Scene?
(a) There is enough words to fill a book.
(b) A camera can capture a real person's image.
(c) Siam is small.
(d) There are 26 symbols.
6. Anna is coming to Bangcock to work for whom?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The English Ambassador.
(c) The King.
(d) The Colonel.
7. What do the children think when they hear men can walk on frozen rivers?
(a) They want to try.
(b) They do not believe her.
(c) They think it sounds terrible.
(d) They are amazed.
8. What is the name of the long, low boat seen in Siam?
(a) The Rowboat to the Royals.
(b) The Barge of the King.
(c) The Royal Barge.
(d) The King's yacht.
9. How long does Anna have to prepare the plan to impress the British Ambassador?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
10. How long has it taken Anna to get to know the customs of Siam?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 months.
11. What does Anna want the King to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
(a) Ignore his presence.
(b) Hold a party.
(c) Greet him warmly.
(d) Fight him.
12. What startles Anna's son about the sight of the King's right-hand man?
(a) He is covered in tattoos.
(b) He is almost naked.
(c) He has dark skin.
(d) He smells bad.
13. Why is the King emotionally wounded by what Anna has said in the classroom?
(a) No one ever speaks to him like that.
(b) He is not given a chance to explain himself.
(c) He knows she is wrong.
(d) She is correct.
14. Who is Anna told should bring up the subject of Britain when she speaks with the King?
(a) Lady Thiang.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The King.
15. Why does the King wake up his servants after his talk with Anna about the British Ambassador?
(a) To inform them of the plan.
(b) To dictate a message.
(c) To sew the dresses.
(d) To begin teaching them English.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, from where did the ship initially sail?
2. What does the King hope to be able to do with Anna's help?
3. The King says Anna's lessons all reference what?
4. Anna says the people of the palace should dress in what style while the British Ambassador is in Siam?
5. What is the name of the Captain of the ship?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)