|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King call President Lincoln?
(d) Link King.
2. What is the title of the King's right-hand man in Siam?
3. Why does the woman brought by Lun Tha say she can never please the King?
(a) She is in love with another man.
(b) She hates the King.
(c) She cannot bear children.
(d) She hates Siam.
4. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The Wild Duck.
(c) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
5. The King says Anna is what when she reminds him of her promised home?
(a) A foreigner.
(b) A servant.
(c) A woman.
(d) A pest.
6. How does Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
7. Why does Anna get upset when she hears she is to live in the palace?
(a) She feels unworthy to stay in the palace.
(b) She has been promised a separate house.
(c) She has made plans to stay in a hotel.
(d) She thinks she will be living in the school.
8. The King talks about what when Anna comes to see him following their fight in the schoolroom?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) Burmese trading.
(d) English culture.
9. How many children does the King have?
10. What kind of woman does the King say Anna is?
11. How long has Anna been in Siam before the King sees her?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
12. Anna is coming to Bangcock to work for whom?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The English Ambassador.
(c) The King.
(d) The Colonel.
13. What does Anna do while the children sing to her in the fourth scene?
(a) Dances with them.
(b) Sings with them.
(c) Leads them around the garden.
(d) Hugs each of them.
14. Who comes into the classroom when the children are in an uproar?
(a) The Crown Prince.
(b) Lady Thiang.
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) The King.
15. Who is Anna told should bring up the subject of Britain when she speaks with the King?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The King.
(c) Lady Thiang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the letters to Britain say about the King?
2. What does Anna call Siam when she is alone in her room?
3. Lady Thiang compares the King to what in her song?
4. What is the name of Anna's son?
5. The letters to Britain are sent from where?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)