|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna tells the children the world is what?
(a) A floating orb.
(b) A bubble.
(c) A travelling caravan.
(d) A big ball.
2. What does Anna tell the King she does NOT like about her palace apartment?
(a) The guards.
(b) The visitors.
(c) The music.
(d) The food.
3. How does the Captain tell Anna to act around the King's right-hand man?
4. Anna says she will make sure the Queen of England knows that the King of Siam is what?
(a) He has an alliance with Lincoln.
(b) He is not a barbarian.
(c) He is well educated.
(d) He knows many forms of warfare.
5. How many servants board the ship to welcome Anna?
6. What is the name of the Captain of the ship?
7. What gift does the King want to send to help President Lincoln?
8. Who is Anna told should bring up the subject of Britain when she speaks with the King?
(a) Lady Thiang.
(c) The King.
(d) The Prince.
9. Where does Anna teach the King's children?
(a) The palace.
(b) A schoolhouse.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) The church house.
10. Why does Anna get upset when she hears she is to live in the palace?
(a) She has made plans to stay in a hotel.
(b) She thinks she will be living in the school.
(c) She feels unworthy to stay in the palace.
(d) She has been promised a separate house.
11. What does Anna do while the children sing to her in the fourth scene?
(a) Sings with them.
(b) Hugs each of them.
(c) Leads them around the garden.
(d) Dances with them.
12. What is the title of the King's right-hand man in Siam?
13. Anna claims the King is not what when she hears of the letters to Britain?
(a) A fool.
(b) A patient man.
(c) A barbarian.
(d) A poor leader.
14. The King says Anna is what when she reminds him of her promised home?
(a) A servant.
(b) A woman.
(c) A pest.
(d) A foreigner.
15. What does Lady Thiang call Anna?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song do the children sing in the third scene?
2. Who tells the children to believe everything Anna tells them?
3. Why is the King emotionally wounded by what Anna has said in the classroom?
4. Who speaks the most to Anna when the ship is boarded?
5. How long has it taken Anna to get to know the customs of Siam?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)