|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Anna says she and Louis have seen while in their palace apartment?
(c) New Year celebrations.
2. What does the King say he does not need when Anna leaves the schoolroom in tears?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A stubborn woman.
(c) Another servant.
3. What does Anna tell her son when they get to Siam?
(a) Do not be tired.
(b) Do not be afraid.
(c) Do not be worried.
(d) Do not be trusting.
4. What is the name of Anna's son?
5. What does Anna sing with the children when she talks about learning about Siam?
(a) Home on the Range.
(b) Getting to Know You.
(c) I Like You, and You Like Me.
(d) My New Home.
6. What does the King ask his son to tell him in the third scene?
(a) How Anna acts in class.
(b) What Anna says about him.
(c) How the children feel about Anna.
(d) What he has learned from Anna.
7. What startles Anna's son about the sight of the King's right-hand man?
(a) He is covered in tattoos.
(b) He is almost naked.
(c) He has dark skin.
(d) He smells bad.
8. What does Anna want the King to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
(a) Greet him warmly.
(b) Ignore his presence.
(c) Fight him.
(d) Hold a party.
9. The King says he is worried about upsetting what by having Anna teach his children?
(a) His confidence.
(b) The natural order.
(d) His place of authority.
10. What does Anna do while the children sing to her in the fourth scene?
(a) Hugs each of them.
(b) Dances with them.
(c) Leads them around the garden.
(d) Sings with them.
11. What is the name of the Captain of the ship?
12. Who begs Anna to go to the King when she is angry with him?
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) Lady Thiang.
13. Who has written the play that the King wants performed for the British Ambassador?
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Harriet Beecher Stow.
14. The King talks about what when Anna comes to see him following their fight in the schoolroom?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) Burmese trading.
(d) English culture.
15. What makes Anna the most upset with the King?
(a) His not caring if she leaves.
(b) His speaking down to her.
(c) His denying her a house.
(d) His calling her a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. The King tells Anna to talk to whom when he leaves her after she demands a separate house?
2. Where does Anna teach the King's children?
3. What is the name of the Crown Prince?
4. What does the King say when he hears how Anna has described the world to his children?
5. Why does the woman brought by Lun Tha say she can never please the King?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)