|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna claims the King is not what when she hears of the letters to Britain?
(a) A fool.
(b) A barbarian.
(c) A patient man.
(d) A poor leader.
2. What does Anna want the King to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
(a) Greet him warmly.
(b) Hold a party.
(c) Fight him.
(d) Ignore his presence.
3. What is the name of the British Ambassador expected to come to Siam?
(a) Henry Ramsfield.
(b) Thomas Renford.
(c) Bryan Ringwald.
(d) Edward Ramsay.
4. What is the name of the English Queen?
5. What does the King ask his son to tell him in the third scene?
(a) What Anna says about him.
(b) How Anna acts in class.
(c) How the children feel about Anna.
(d) What he has learned from Anna.
6. What is Anna told would hurt the King's pride when Anna goes to speak with the King?
(a) Standing when he is sitting.
(b) Mention of the letters.
7. Who finds letters sent to Britain about the King?
(a) Siamese agents.
(b) Lady Thiang.
(c) The English Sea Captain.
(d) The Kralahome.
8. Where does Anna teach the King's children?
(a) The church house.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) The palace.
(d) A schoolhouse.
9. Which of the following is NOT something Anna says she and Louis have seen while in their palace apartment?
(d) New Year celebrations.
10. What is the title of the King's right-hand man in Siam?
11. How many children does the King have?
12. What does the King offer Anna in response to her threat?
(a) A bigger palace apartment.
(b) A home.
(d) A bed in the schoolroom.
13. What word(s) does Anna use that enthralls the King when they first meet?
(a) Et cetera.
(b) So forth.
(c) Much ado.
14. Who tells the children to believe everything Anna tells them?
(b) The Kralahome.
(c) Lady Thiang.
(d) The King.
15. The King says Anna's lessons all reference what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna tells the children the world is what?
2. Who is Anna told should bring up the subject of Britain when she speaks with the King?
3. What does Lady Thiang call Anna?
4. What is on the long, low boat seen in Siam?
5. The Crown Prince is worried about what?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)