|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The King think the woman that has been brought to him by Lun Tha is what?
(a) A spy.
(b) A concubine.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) A wife.
2. What does Lady Thiang call Anna?
3. What is the name of the woman Lun Tha brings to the King?
4. Why is the King emotionally wounded by what Anna has said in the classroom?
(a) No one ever speaks to him like that.
(b) He is not given a chance to explain himself.
(c) She is correct.
(d) He knows she is wrong.
5. What does the King do in the fourth scene when Anna reminds him of her promised home?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Laughs at her.
(d) Slaps her.
6. How many servants board the ship to welcome Anna?
7. What is Anna's occupation?
8. What is the name of the Crown Prince?
9. The King talks about what when Anna comes to see him following their fight in the schoolroom?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) Burmese trading.
(d) English culture.
10. The King says he is worried about upsetting what by having Anna teach his children?
(b) His place of authority.
(c) His confidence.
(d) The natural order.
11. The King tells Anna to talk to whom when he leaves her after she demands a separate house?
(a) Lun Tha.
(b) His wives.
(c) His assistant.
(d) The Kralahome.
12. Who speaks the most to Anna when the ship is boarded?
(a) The interpreter.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) The head wife.
13. What is the name of the long, low boat seen in Siam?
(a) The Rowboat to the Royals.
(b) The Barge of the King.
(c) The King's yacht.
(d) The Royal Barge.
14. What does Anna call Siam when she is alone in her room?
(c) Old Fashioned.
15. Who tells the children to believe everything Anna tells them?
(a) Lady Thiang.
(b) The King.
(d) The Kralahome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna threaten to do in the fourth scene if she does not get her promised home?
2. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
3. What does the King ask his son to tell him in the third scene?
4. Who has written the play that the King wants performed for the British Ambassador?
5. Why does the woman brought by Lun Tha say she can never please the King?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)