|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The King says Anna's lessons all reference what?
2. Anna claims the King is not what when she hears of the letters to Britain?
(a) A barbarian.
(b) A fool.
(c) A patient man.
(d) A poor leader.
3. What does the King offer Anna in response to her threat?
(a) A bigger palace apartment.
(c) A bed in the schoolroom.
(d) A home.
4. What song does Lady Thiang sing when Anna agrees to speak to the King about Britain?
(a) Something Wonderful.
(b) My Man of Might.
(c) Friends in Strange Places.
(d) The Leader Within.
5. What is the name of the Crown Prince?
6. Why is the King emotionally wounded by what Anna has said in the classroom?
(a) No one ever speaks to him like that.
(b) She is correct.
(c) He is not given a chance to explain himself.
(d) He knows she is wrong.
7. How long does Anna have to prepare the plan to impress the British Ambassador?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
8. How does the King of Siam NOT want to appear when the British Ambassador visits Siam?
9. Anna says she had known nothing about what before coming to teach the children in Siam?
(a) The King.
(c) The children.
(d) How to teach.
10. Where is the King when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
(a) His throne.
(b) The church hall.
(c) The schoolroom.
(d) His study.
11. Who finds letters sent to Britain about the King?
(a) Siamese agents.
(b) Lady Thiang.
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) The English Sea Captain.
12. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
(a) The Wild Duck.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
13. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
(a) Ignore his presence.
(b) Fight him.
(c) Greet him warmly.
(d) Hold a party.
14. The children are shocked about what when they see what Anna shows them in the fourth Scene?
(a) There are 26 symbols.
(b) Siam is small.
(c) A camera can capture a real person's image.
(d) There is enough words to fill a book.
15. Who speaks the most to Anna when the ship is boarded?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The head wife.
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) The interpreter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
2. The Crown Prince is worried about what?
3. What is Anna told would hurt the King's pride when Anna goes to speak with the King?
4. What has to be made for all the women before the British Ambassador arrives in Siam?
5. What does Anna do while the children sing to her in the fourth scene?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)