|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna tells the children the world is what?
(a) A floating orb.
(b) A big ball.
(c) A bubble.
(d) A travelling caravan.
2. The song Anna sings alone in her room is about what?
(a) The customs of Siam.
(b) Her anger with the King.
(c) Broken promises.
(d) Her home in England.
3. What does Anna tell the children is inside the world?
(a) A heat source.
(b) A soul.
(c) A big stick.
(d) A central pull.
4. How does the King of Siam NOT want to appear when the British Ambassador visits Siam?
5. What do the children think when they hear men can walk on frozen rivers?
(a) They are amazed.
(b) They think it sounds terrible.
(c) They do not believe her.
(d) They want to try.
6. What is Anna's husband's name?
7. What does the King say he does not need when Anna leaves the schoolroom in tears?
(a) A stubborn woman.
(b) Another servant.
(c) A teacher.
8. Why does the King wake up his servants after his talk with Anna about the British Ambassador?
(a) To inform them of the plan.
(b) To dictate a message.
(c) To begin teaching them English.
(d) To sew the dresses.
9. What causes the uproar with the children?
(a) Hearing about frozen rivers.
(b) Disbeleif about snow.
(c) Prompting from the Crown Prince.
(d) Learning Siam is a small country.
10. What word(s) does Anna use that enthralls the King when they first meet?
(a) Et cetera.
(b) So forth.
(d) Much ado.
11. Why does Anna get upset when she hears she is to live in the palace?
(a) She feels unworthy to stay in the palace.
(b) She has made plans to stay in a hotel.
(c) She has been promised a separate house.
(d) She thinks she will be living in the school.
12. What does the King offer Anna in response to her threat?
(b) A bigger palace apartment.
(c) A bed in the schoolroom.
(d) A home.
13. Lady Thiang compares the King to what in her song?
(b) Birttish leaders.
(d) Any other man.
14. Who speaks the most to Anna when the ship is boarded?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The interpreter.
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) The head wife.
15. What is the name of the long, low boat seen in Siam?
(a) The Barge of the King.
(b) The Rowboat to the Royals.
(c) The King's yacht.
(d) The Royal Barge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Captain of the ship?
2. The King complains to whom in the third scene?
3. The woman brought by Lun Tha ask Anna for what gift?
4. What does Lady Thiang realize about Anna and the King following her song about the King?
5. Why is the King unable to meet with Anna when she first arrives?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)