|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the King brought Anna to teach his children?
(a) He wants them to be good leaders.
(b) He wants to assimilate parts of Western culture into his home.
(c) He wants them to know of the world.
(d) He wants to set them apart from the others.
2. What is the name of the long, low boat seen in Siam?
(a) The King's yacht.
(b) The Rowboat to the Royals.
(c) The Royal Barge.
(d) The Barge of the King.
3. What does Anna tell her son when they get to Siam?
(a) Do not be afraid.
(b) Do not be trusting.
(c) Do not be worried.
(d) Do not be tired.
4. What is the King doing the first time he is on stage?
(b) Judging a trial.
(d) Dictating letters.
5. How many servants board the ship to welcome Anna?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King say when he hears how Anna has described the world to his children?
2. What song does the King sing in the third scene?
3. Anna tells the children the world is what?
4. What is the name of the Crown Prince?
5. At the beginning of the play, from where did the ship initially sail?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)