|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Marlowe sleep the night after the King talks with him about going outside the wire?
(a) He is afraid to go outside the wire.
(b) He is planning on how to take over the King's operations.
(c) He is too hot.
(d) He keeps thinking about the voyage from Java.
2. What does the doctor rule as cause of death on Gurble?
(c) Heart attack.
3. What does Kurt bring in at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A female rat he has captured.
(b) A different breed of rats that may not carry the plague.
(c) A Korean soldier who wants in on the rat business.
(d) A new prisoner who worked with rats in a medical lab.
4. About what does Grey read?
(a) How the war fares.
(b) How to make clothing with hemp.
(c) How to make hooch with rice.
(d) God afflicting Job.
5. How does Lt. Grey think of his wife?
(a) As a rock in the storm.
(b) As the love of his life.
(c) As frigid.
(d) As oversexed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larkin say Australians need to do?
2. What is essential to the rat project?
3. What is Daven doing?
4. Why does Grey feel defeated?
5. What does Col. Smedly-Taylor ask Yoshima?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Marlowe and Cox standing sentry duty?
2. Describe Col. Grant Larkin.
3. Who does Col. Brant reprimand and for what reason?
4. How does Marlowe demonstrate the part of his personality that might be labeled risk taker or thrill seeker?
5. What secret does the King leak to the Australians and how does Marlowe react to the news?
6. What do the King, Marlowe and Max talk about concerning the rat project?
7. Describe The King.
8. Why does Lt. Grey arrest two of Larkin's men and what is Larkin's response?
9. Describe Steven.
10. Describe the raid on Hut 16 and how Daven reacts.
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)