|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the King get Vexley talking about rat breeding?
(a) He cannot seem to get Vexley to talk about rats.
(b) By giving Vexley a cigarette.
(c) By threatening to tell on Vesley for having extra rations.
(d) By offering him a small percentage in the rat meat business.
2. What does Col. Smedly-Taylor ask Yoshima?
(a) About how the war is going.
(b) About why the Americans are receiving a greater share of the portions.
(c) About what happened to Sgt. Masters.
(d) About better food and medicine.
3. Why can't Marlowe sleep the night after the King talks with him about going outside the wire?
(a) He is afraid to go outside the wire.
(b) He keeps thinking about the voyage from Java.
(c) He is too hot.
(d) He is planning on how to take over the King's operations.
4. What does Larkin say Australians need to do?
(b) Have geisha girls in the camp.
(c) Feel like men.
(d) Drink whiskey.
5. Who reprimands both Lt. Grey and the man he summons?
(a) Col. Bird.
(b) Major Johnson.
(c) Captain Quigg.
(d) Col. Brant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lt. Grey want in Chapter 11?
2. What secret does the King leak to the Australians?
3. Who is Sean?
4. What does Marlowe offer the King after eating King's eggs?
5. Who is Lt. Grey summoning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Marlowe successful in going after the money and how is he care for with the medicines Timsen gets?
2. How do Marlowe and the King reestablish their friendship after the King blows up at Marlowe about the radio?
3. Who is the Provost Marshal and what is he doing at the opening of Chapter 1.
4. What does Vexley teach and how does it help the rat business?
5. How is the departure of the Americans described?
6. Describe the reaction of the first arrival of the American forces at Changi camp.
7. Who does Col. Brant reprimand and for what reason?
8. What happens when Lt. Grey stumbles from illness and what is the result?
9. What does Gen. Shima say?
10. How does Marlowe manage to obtain a radio and what is the King's reaction?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)