|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lt. Grey think of his wife?
(a) As the love of his life.
(b) As oversexed.
(c) As frigid.
(d) As a rock in the storm.
2. What is Maj. Barry asking King to sell?
(a) A Ronson cigarette lighter.
(b) Two packs of cigarettes.
(c) A pair of scissors.
(d) A switchblade.
3. Who is Tex?
(a) The man who handles the legwork for the King.
(b) The chaplain.
(c) The only Marine officer in the camp.
(d) A guard.
4. How long is the first litter's gestation?
(a) 35 days.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 22 days.
5. What is essential to the rat project?
(a) To have enough space.
(b) The tacit permission of the Korean guards.
(c) The permission of the officers.
(d) That it be kept a secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reprimands both Lt. Grey and the man he summons?
2. Where does Col. Kennedy go after talking with the King?
3. What does the doctor rule as cause of death on Gurble?
4. Who is Peter Marlowe?
5. How does Marlowe learn that the King has a temper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Col. Kennedy's reactions to Steven.
2. Why are Marlowe and Cox standing sentry duty?
3. Describe Lt. Grey.
4. Describe the raid on Hut 16 and how Daven reacts.
5. What does Lt. Grey think should happen to the diamond and what does Larkin reply?
6. Why does Marlowe run for his water bottle?
7. Why is Lt. Grey happy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
8. Who is the Provost Marshal and what is he doing at the opening of Chapter 1.
9. Why are Marlowe's bungalow mates upset that Marlowe refuses the King's offer of a percentage of the tobacco profits?
10. What is the status of Eve at the opening of Chapter 11?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)