|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grey feel defeated?
(a) Col. Brant won't allow him to run the comissary.
(b) He cannot beat the other men at cards.
(c) Col. Brant has demoted him.
(d) Marlowe plays along with King's lie.
2. Who is Tex?
(a) A guard.
(b) The chaplain.
(c) The man who handles the legwork for the King.
(d) The only Marine officer in the camp.
3. What does Col. Smedly-Taylor ask Yoshima?
(a) About how the war is going.
(b) About why the Americans are receiving a greater share of the portions.
(c) About what happened to Sgt. Masters.
(d) About better food and medicine.
4. What does King offer Marlowe to join his payroll?
(a) $20 a week.
(b) $50 a week.
(c) One good meal a day.
(d) A geisha at his beck and call.
5. Who does the King summon into his hut?
(a) A laundry woman.
(b) The man speaking with the native.
(c) The camp stoolie.
(d) A prison guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who may sit on the lone throne?
2. How does Marlowe learn that the King has a temper?
3. To what does the King invite Marlowe?
4. What is Daven doing?
5. Who is Peter Marlowe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lt. Grey think should happen to the diamond and what does Larkin reply?
2. What secret does the King leak to the Australians and how does Marlowe react to the news?
3. Why are Marlowe and Cox standing sentry duty?
4. How does Marlowe demonstrate the part of his personality that might be labeled risk taker or thrill seeker?
5. Describe Flt. Lt. Peter Marlowe.
6. Describe the visit between the King and Sgt. Masters.
7. How does Marlowe astound the King?
8. Describe Max.
9. What are Lt. Grey's thoughts after being assigned new duties?
10. Why does Lt. Grey arrest two of Larkin's men and what is Larkin's response?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)