|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King give Marlowe?
(a) A pack of cigarettes.
(b) Fried eggs.
(c) A cigar.
(d) Ten dollars.
2. Who is Lt. Grey summoning?
(a) The King.
(b) The burser.
(c) The cook.
(d) The laundress.
3. Why is Lt. Grey summoning the person?
(a) To ask about supplies that are to arrive.
(b) To get maps of the island.
(c) For a tongue lashing.
(d) For an inventory.
4. Who is Peter Marlowe?
(a) A journalist.
(b) An Air Force general.
(c) A Marine colonel.
(d) The man speaking with the native.
5. What is Daven doing?
(a) Raising rats.
(b) Working undercover for Grey.
(c) Working undercover for the Koreans.
(d) Working on the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Col. Sellars missing?
2. Why does the King thank Sgt. Masters?
3. What does Col. Kennedy want to know from the King?
4. Who does the King summon into his hut?
5. Why can't Marlowe sleep the night after the King talks with him about going outside the wire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vexley teach and how does it help the rat business?
2. Who is the Provost Marshal and what is he doing at the opening of Chapter 1.
3. What is the status of Eve at the opening of Chapter 11?
4. Describe Steven.
5. What message does Grey get and how does he respond?
6. Describe Col. Grant Larkin.
7. What does Malowe learn about rats?
8. Describe Max.
9. Describe Col. Kennedy's reactions to Steven.
10. What are Lt. Grey's thoughts after being assigned new duties?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)