|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rusa tikus?
(a) Rat meat.
(b) The swear word that a captive Russian civilian uses all the time.
(c) The code word to the Korean guard who lets the King into the village.
(d) The code word for accessing the radio.
2. What does King give Marlowe?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) A pack of cigarettes.
(c) A cigar.
(d) Fried eggs.
3. About what does Grey read?
(a) God afflicting Job.
(b) How the war fares.
(c) How to make hooch with rice.
(d) How to make clothing with hemp.
4. What fault does Col. Brant find with the King?
(a) Harrassing the laundress.
(b) Flaunting his wealth.
(c) Being late to formation.
(d) Wearing a dirty uniform.
5. What is a worse place than the Changi camp?
(a) No place.
(b) The Utram Road jail.
(c) The Ultra fortress.
(d) The Ginseng dungeons.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language are the man and native speaking?
2. What are two potential problems in raising the rats?
3. Who leads a raid?
4. How does the King get Vexley talking about rat breeding?
5. What happens to Daven and Cox?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marlowe demonstrate the part of his personality that might be labeled risk taker or thrill seeker?
2. What is the status of Eve at the opening of Chapter 11?
3. Describe Steven.
4. Describe Lt. Grey.
5. What secret does the King leak to the Australians and how does Marlowe react to the news?
6. Why are Marlowe's bungalow mates upset that Marlowe refuses the King's offer of a percentage of the tobacco profits?
7. Describe Max.
8. How does Marlowe astound the King?
9. Why does Marlowe run for his water bottle?
10. What do the King, Marlowe and Max talk about concerning the rat project?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)