|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor rule as cause of death on Gurble?
(c) Heart attack.
2. What does Marlowe find shady?
(a) That the Americans are dealing separately with the Japanese.
(b) That Max has been outside the wire for several days now.
(c) The fact that the King leaked the secret.
(d) That the Americans are dealing separately with the Koreans.
3. What is Grey to check in the ditch by Hut 16?
(a) A can.
(b) A stash of hemp fibers for weaving.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A stash of weed.
4. Who promises to take care of the man in question #83?
(b) Lt. Grey.
5. How does the King help McCoy?
(a) Gets him the insulin he needs.
(b) Cures his ankle ulcers.
(c) Takes him to visit a witch doctor outside the wire.
(d) Smuggles a letter out to his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sean?
2. About what is the King thinking when he spies a man talking with a native?
3. Why does the King thank Sgt. Masters?
4. Of what does Steven complain?
5. What POW camp is Marlowe in before coming to Changi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Max.
2. Why does Marlowe run for his water bottle?
3. What does Lt. Grey think should happen to the diamond and what does Larkin reply?
4. Who does Col. Brant reprimand and for what reason?
5. What do the King, Marlowe and Max talk about concerning the rat project?
6. Why does Lt. Grey arrest two of Larkin's men and what is Larkin's response?
7. Describe Lt. Grey.
8. How does Marlowe demonstrate the part of his personality that might be labeled risk taker or thrill seeker?
9. Describe the first meeting between The King and Marlowe.
10. Why is Lt. Grey happy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)