|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe ask of King?
(a) A light for his cigarette.
(b) To help the chaplain.
(c) To befriend another enlisted man.
(d) To help the doctor.
2. How long is the first litter's gestation?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 22 days.
(c) 90 days.
(d) 35 days.
3. On what do the officers depend heavily for survival?
(a) Three hens.
(b) The blind eyes of the Korean guards.
(c) A milk cow.
(d) A goat which they milk.
4. Why does the King thank Sgt. Masters?
(a) For the wine the Sgt. gives the King.
(b) For tipping the King off about Lt. Grey's message.
(c) To ask when some quinine might become available.
(d) For helping the King recover from a bout of Malaria.
5. What is Grey to check in the ditch by Hut 16?
(a) A stash of weed.
(b) A can.
(c) A stash of hemp fibers for weaving.
(d) A dead body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Prudhomme announce?
2. Who leads a raid?
3. Why is Lt. Grey summoning the person?
4. How long does it take to construct a radio?
5. Who is Lt. Grey summoning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the visit between the King and Sgt. Masters.
2. Describe The King.
3. What are Lt. Grey's thoughts after being assigned new duties?
4. What do the King, Marlowe and Max talk about concerning the rat project?
5. Who does Col. Brant reprimand and for what reason?
6. Describe Flt. Lt. Peter Marlowe.
7. Why is Lt. Grey happy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
8. Why are Marlowe's bungalow mates upset that Marlowe refuses the King's offer of a percentage of the tobacco profits?
9. What are Max, Tex and Marlowe doing at the opening of Chapter 9 and why?
10. How does Marlowe demonstrate the part of his personality that might be labeled risk taker or thrill seeker?
This section contains 1,351 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)