|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Smedly-Taylor ask of Cox and Daven?
(a) To run outside the wire.
(b) Not to implicate others.
(c) To get rid of the radio.
(d) The Col. knows nothing about the radio so does not talk to Cox and Daven.
2. What is a worse place than the Changi camp?
(a) The Ginseng dungeons.
(b) The Ultra fortress.
(c) No place.
(d) The Utram Road jail.
3. What does King offer Marlowe to join his payroll?
(a) One good meal a day.
(b) $50 a week.
(c) $20 a week.
(d) A geisha at his beck and call.
4. Who is Sean?
(a) A cross-dresser.
(b) The camp cook.
(c) A young boy who serves the officers.
(d) The camp idiot.
5. What does Grey tell Larkin?
(a) That Grey is putting Larkin in for a commendation.
(b) That Grey is filing charges against Larkin.
(c) That Grey has arrested two of Larkin's men for gambling.
(d) That Grey wants to join the next group of "two up."
Short Answer Questions
1. What POW camp is Marlowe in before coming to Changi?
2. Where does Col. Kennedy go after talking with the King?
3. Who may sit on the lone throne?
4. What does Dr. Prudhomme announce?
5. What does Larkin say Australians need to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gen. Shima say?
2. Describe Marlowe's visit with McCoy in the infirmary.
3. What does Yoshima find and what is the result of finding it?
4. Describe the negotiations for the diamond.
5. Describe Steven.
6. Describe the "birthday party" of the elite who are invited to a barbecue.
7. Who does Col. Brant reprimand and for what reason?
8. Describe the reaction of the first arrival of the American forces at Changi camp.
9. Describe Max.
10. Describe the transaction between the King and Shagata.
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)