|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what do the officers depend heavily for survival?
(a) A milk cow.
(b) Three hens.
(c) The blind eyes of the Korean guards.
(d) A goat which they milk.
2. What are Max, Tex and Marlowe doing at the opening of Chapter 9?
(a) Gathering bamboo shoots.
(b) Breeding pigeons.
(c) Trying to corner a rat.
(d) Tying up Lt. Grey.
3. What does Grey see the King do?
(a) Buy some smuggled goods.
(b) Meet the Korean guard Turasan.
(c) Hand off the diamond to a Korean guard.
(d) Sell a watch illegally.
4. What is Vexley's favorite topic in biology class?
5. What does Grey tell Larkin?
(a) That Grey is filing charges against Larkin.
(b) That Grey has arrested two of Larkin's men for gambling.
(c) That Grey is putting Larkin in for a commendation.
(d) That Grey wants to join the next group of "two up."
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take to construct a radio?
2. Who promises to take care of the man in question #83?
3. What do the conspirators wonder in Hut 16?
4. Who is Sean?
5. What is Rusa tikus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the visit between the King and Sgt. Masters.
2. What is the status of Eve at the opening of Chapter 11?
3. Describe Flt. Lt. Peter Marlowe.
4. Why are Marlowe and Cox standing sentry duty?
5. How does Marlowe demonstrate the part of his personality that might be labeled risk taker or thrill seeker?
6. Describe Lt. Grey.
7. What do the King, Marlowe and Max talk about concerning the rat project?
8. What secret does the King leak to the Australians and how does Marlowe react to the news?
9. What message does Grey get and how does he respond?
10. How does Marlowe astound the King?
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)