|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vexley's favorite topic in biology class?
2. Who is Tex?
(a) A guard.
(b) The chaplain.
(c) The only Marine officer in the camp.
(d) The man who handles the legwork for the King.
3. In what language are the man and native speaking?
4. Why have the rat breeders installed a trap door to the "kennels"?
(a) They decide not to install a trap door as it would be too apparent something was going on.
(b) To keep the rats from digging out.
(c) To trap anyone trying to steal a rat couple.
(d) To keep the curious out.
5. How does Lt. Grey think of his wife?
(a) As frigid.
(b) As a rock in the storm.
(c) As oversexed.
(d) As the love of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lt. Grey summoning the person?
2. What happens to Daven and Cox?
3. What does Col. Smedly-Taylor ask Yoshima?
4. How does Marlowe learn that the King has a temper?
5. What are Max, Tex and Marlowe doing at the opening of Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marlowe astound the King?
2. Describe The King.
3. What secret does the King leak to the Australians and how does Marlowe react to the news?
4. Who is the Provost Marshal and what is he doing at the opening of Chapter 1.
5. Describe Col. Kennedy's reactions to Steven.
6. What does Vexley teach and how does it help the rat business?
7. Why does Marlowe run for his water bottle?
8. What is the status of Eve at the opening of Chapter 11?
9. Why does Lt. Grey arrest two of Larkin's men and what is Larkin's response?
10. How does Marlowe demonstrate the part of his personality that might be labeled risk taker or thrill seeker?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)