|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor rule as cause of death on Gurble?
(c) Heart attack.
2. Who drinks quinine and then has nightmares?
(b) Lt. Grey.
3. What did Smedly-Taylor ask of Cox and Daven?
(a) Not to implicate others.
(b) The Col. knows nothing about the radio so does not talk to Cox and Daven.
(c) To get rid of the radio.
(d) To run outside the wire.
4. Who promises to take care of the man in question #83?
(d) Lt. Grey.
5. Why does Grey feel defeated?
(a) Col. Brant won't allow him to run the comissary.
(b) Col. Brant has demoted him.
(c) Marlowe plays along with King's lie.
(d) He cannot beat the other men at cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises King about Marlowe?
2. What is Eve?
3. By what are King and Marlowe shaken?
4. What do three officers share after the rain?
5. What does Col. Kennedy want to know from the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will the airfield detail have an agreeable aspect to it?
2. What are Lt. Grey's thoughts after being assigned new duties?
3. Why are Marlowe and Cox standing sentry duty?
4. Describe Tiny Timsen.
5. What does Lt. Grey think should happen to the diamond and what does Larkin reply?
6. Who is the Provost Marshal and what is he doing at the opening of Chapter 1.
7. How is the departure of the Americans described?
8. What does Vexley teach and how does it help the rat business?
9. What message does Grey get and how does he respond?
10. Describe Flt. Lt. Peter Marlowe.
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)