|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to construct a new wireless?
(a) The King.
(c) Lt. Grey.
2. What does Grey see the King do?
(a) Meet the Korean guard Turasan.
(b) Sell a watch illegally.
(c) Buy some smuggled goods.
(d) Hand off the diamond to a Korean guard.
3. What do three officers share after the rain?
(a) Information from the wireless.
(b) A rare cigar.
(c) An egg mixed in rice and a cigarette.
(d) Some illegal hooch.
4. Who is Peter Marlowe?
(a) A Marine colonel.
(b) An Air Force general.
(c) A journalist.
(d) The man speaking with the native.
5. What is Eve?
(a) No one knows who Eve is; the word just appears on a hut wall one day.
(b) The first female rat they breed.
(c) The name Steven calls himself in his latest play.
(d) The code word for the breeding project.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King give Marlowe?
2. What is essential to the rat project?
3. By what are King and Marlowe shaken?
4. Why does Larkin punish Pvt. Gurble?
5. Who is Lt. Grey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Steven.
2. How does Marlowe astound the King?
3. How does Marlowe demonstrate the part of his personality that might be labeled risk taker or thrill seeker?
4. What do the King, Marlowe and Max talk about concerning the rat project?
5. Describe Flt. Lt. Peter Marlowe.
6. Why are Marlowe's bungalow mates upset that Marlowe refuses the King's offer of a percentage of the tobacco profits?
7. Describe Max.
8. Describe the first meeting between The King and Marlowe.
9. What are Lt. Grey's thoughts after being assigned new duties?
10. Why is Lt. Grey happy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,282 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)