|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kurt bring in at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A different breed of rats that may not carry the plague.
(b) A female rat he has captured.
(c) A Korean soldier who wants in on the rat business.
(d) A new prisoner who worked with rats in a medical lab.
2. Where does Col. Kennedy go after talking with the King?
(a) To the Korean guards to ask for more quinine.
(b) Outside the wire.
(c) To talk with Col. Brant.
(d) To attend another death.
3. How does Lt. Grey think of his wife?
(a) As the love of his life.
(b) As frigid.
(c) As oversexed.
(d) As a rock in the storm.
4. What is one problem that could impact humans?
(a) The fleas on rats can carry plague.
(b) Rat meat goes rancid very quickly.
(c) The psychological problem of eating rat.
5. How long is the first litter's gestation?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 35 days.
(c) 22 days.
(d) 90 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Peter Marlowe?
2. How does Marlowe learn that the King has a temper?
3. What does the doctor rule as cause of death on Gurble?
4. What does Grey use Marlowe for concerning the diamond?
5. Who is Lt. Grey summoning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are King and Marlowe in the King's tent at the opening of Chapter 19 and what happens?
2. How is the departure of the Americans described?
3. Describe the negotiations for the diamond.
4. What message does Grey get and how does he respond?
5. What is the reaction of some outsiders to those in the Changi?
6. Describe the negotiations between Timsen and the King for medical help for Marlowe.
7. How do Marlowe and the King go outside to wire, and where do they go?
8. Describe the transaction between the King and Shagata.
9. What secret does the King leak to the Australians and how does Marlowe react to the news?
10. How does Marlowe demonstrate the part of his personality that might be labeled risk taker or thrill seeker?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)