|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Prudhomme announce?
(a) Two upcoming amputations.
(b) Four more deaths.
(c) Two upcoming appendectomies.
(d) Another run-in with the Japanese doctor.
2. What does Marlowe find shady?
(a) That the Americans are dealing separately with the Japanese.
(b) The fact that the King leaked the secret.
(c) That Max has been outside the wire for several days now.
(d) That the Americans are dealing separately with the Koreans.
3. Who tries to construct a new wireless?
(a) The King.
(d) Lt. Grey.
4. Why is Lt. Grey summoning the person?
(a) For a tongue lashing.
(b) To get maps of the island.
(c) To ask about supplies that are to arrive.
(d) For an inventory.
5. Why can't Marlowe sleep the night after the King talks with him about going outside the wire?
(a) He is planning on how to take over the King's operations.
(b) He keeps thinking about the voyage from Java.
(c) He is afraid to go outside the wire.
(d) He is too hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grey tell Larkin?
2. What does King see in Marlowe's offer?
3. How long is the first litter's gestation?
4. What POW camp is Marlowe in before coming to Changi?
5. What is Rusa tikus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lt. Grey's thoughts after being assigned new duties?
2. What does Lt. Grey think should happen to the diamond and what does Larkin reply?
3. What does Malowe learn about rats?
4. How does Marlowe astound the King?
5. Describe Lt. Grey.
6. What secret does the King leak to the Australians and how does Marlowe react to the news?
7. Who is the Provost Marshal and what is he doing at the opening of Chapter 1.
8. What message does Grey get and how does he respond?
9. Why does Lt. Grey arrest two of Larkin's men and what is Larkin's response?
10. What does Vexley teach and how does it help the rat business?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)