|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do three officers share after the rain?
(a) Some illegal hooch.
(b) A rare cigar.
(c) An egg mixed in rice and a cigarette.
(d) Information from the wireless.
2. Why have the rat breeders installed a trap door to the "kennels"?
(a) To trap anyone trying to steal a rat couple.
(b) To keep the rats from digging out.
(c) They decide not to install a trap door as it would be too apparent something was going on.
(d) To keep the curious out.
3. Who is sitting by Sgt. Masters when the Sgt. dies?
(b) Lt. Grey.
(c) Col. Brant.
(d) The King.
4. What does Larkin tell Grey to do?
(a) File all the charges he wants.
(b) Forget the commendation.
(c) There are no more slots for "two up."
(d) Release the men to him for discipline.
5. What does Col. Smedly-Taylor ask Yoshima?
(a) About what happened to Sgt. Masters.
(b) About why the Americans are receiving a greater share of the portions.
(c) About better food and medicine.
(d) About how the war is going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Max, Tex and Marlowe doing at the opening of Chapter 9?
2. To what does the King invite Marlowe?
3. About what does Grey read?
4. Who is Sean?
5. Who promises to take care of the man in question #83?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Col. Grant Larkin.
2. Describe the raid on Hut 16 and how Daven reacts.
3. What secret does the King leak to the Australians and how does Marlowe react to the news?
4. What does Vexley teach and how does it help the rat business?
5. Describe the first meeting between The King and Marlowe.
6. Why are Marlowe's bungalow mates upset that Marlowe refuses the King's offer of a percentage of the tobacco profits?
7. Describe Steven.
8. Why are Marlowe and Cox standing sentry duty?
9. What does Lt. Grey think should happen to the diamond and what does Larkin reply?
10. Who is the Provost Marshal and what is he doing at the opening of Chapter 1.
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)