|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King see in Marlowe's offer?
(a) Commercial value.
(b) An attempt to entrap the King.
(c) A catch somewhere.
(d) A kindness the King does not deserve.
2. What does Col. Kennedy want to know from the King?
(a) The secret of the King's health and success.
(b) What Marlowe is doing outside the wire.
(c) Why Sgt. Masters didn't get enough quinine in time.
(d) Why Lt. Grey keeps going to the enlisted latrines.
3. What does Grey tell Larkin?
(a) That Grey wants to join the next group of "two up."
(b) That Grey is filing charges against Larkin.
(c) That Grey is putting Larkin in for a commendation.
(d) That Grey has arrested two of Larkin's men for gambling.
4. What POW camp is Marlowe in before coming to Changi?
(a) Changi is his first time in a POW camp.
(b) Burma POW camps.
(c) Malay POW camps.
(d) Java POW camps.
5. Where does Col. Kennedy go after talking with the King?
(a) Outside the wire.
(b) To attend another death.
(c) To the Korean guards to ask for more quinine.
(d) To talk with Col. Brant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sean?
2. Where does the King want to set up a rat farm?
3. What is Grey to check in the ditch by Hut 16?
4. What does King offer Marlowe to join his payroll?
5. How does Marlowe learn that the King has a temper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does Grey get and how does he respond?
2. What are Lt. Grey's thoughts after being assigned new duties?
3. Who is the Provost Marshal and what is he doing at the opening of Chapter 1.
4. What are Max, Tex and Marlowe doing at the opening of Chapter 9 and why?
5. Describe Flt. Lt. Peter Marlowe.
6. Describe the visit between the King and Sgt. Masters.
7. Why is Lt. Grey happy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
8. Why does Marlowe run for his water bottle?
9. What does Lt. Grey think should happen to the diamond and what does Larkin reply?
10. Describe Col. Kennedy's reactions to Steven.
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)