|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is the King thinking when he spies a man talking with a native?
(a) Asking Col. Brant for a transfer.
(b) A diamond deal.
(c) Selling the item for Major Barry.
(d) Doing K.P.
2. With whom do the King and Marlowe meet in the night?
(a) A Buddhist monk.
(b) A man with six daughters.
(c) A Korean guard.
(d) Col. Brant.
3. What is Daven doing?
(a) Working on the radio.
(b) Raising rats.
(c) Working undercover for the Koreans.
(d) Working undercover for Grey.
4. Why can't Marlowe sleep the night after the King talks with him about going outside the wire?
(a) He keeps thinking about the voyage from Java.
(b) He is too hot.
(c) He is afraid to go outside the wire.
(d) He is planning on how to take over the King's operations.
5. Who is sitting by Sgt. Masters when the Sgt. dies?
(b) Lt. Grey.
(c) Col. Brant.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what do the officers depend heavily for survival?
2. How does Marlowe learn that the King has a temper?
3. To what does the King invite Marlowe?
4. What is one problem that could impact humans?
5. What is Col. Sellars missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lt. Grey.
2. Describe Flt. Lt. Peter Marlowe.
3. Describe Col. Grant Larkin.
4. What do the King, Marlowe and Max talk about concerning the rat project?
5. Why is Lt. Grey happy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
6. Describe Max.
7. What secret does the King leak to the Australians and how does Marlowe react to the news?
8. What is the status of Eve at the opening of Chapter 11?
9. What does Lt. Grey think should happen to the diamond and what does Larkin reply?
10. Why does Lt. Grey arrest two of Larkin's men and what is Larkin's response?
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)