|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eve?
(a) The code word for the breeding project.
(b) The name Steven calls himself in his latest play.
(c) The first female rat they breed.
(d) No one knows who Eve is; the word just appears on a hut wall one day.
2. With whom do the King and Marlowe meet in the night?
(a) A man with six daughters.
(b) A Buddhist monk.
(c) A Korean guard.
(d) Col. Brant.
3. Why does the King panic at Marlowe's request?
(a) King does not believe in God.
(b) King is afraid of catching something in the infirmary.
(c) King has had a fight with the enlisted man in question.
(d) The lighter he has is not on his inventory.
4. How long is the first litter's gestation?
(a) 22 days.
(b) 35 days.
(c) 90 days.
(d) 7 days.
5. What does Col. Smedly-Taylor ask Yoshima?
(a) About better food and medicine.
(b) About why the Americans are receiving a greater share of the portions.
(c) About what happened to Sgt. Masters.
(d) About how the war is going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor rule as cause of death on Gurble?
2. What is Daven doing?
3. What surprises King about Marlowe?
4. What do three officers share after the rain?
5. What is one problem that could impact humans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the visit between the King and Sgt. Masters.
2. Describe Lt. Grey.
3. Why are Marlowe and Cox standing sentry duty?
4. What do the King, Marlowe and Max talk about concerning the rat project?
5. Describe The King.
6. What does Vexley teach and how does it help the rat business?
7. Describe the raid on Hut 16 and how Daven reacts.
8. What message does Grey get and how does he respond?
9. What are Max, Tex and Marlowe doing at the opening of Chapter 9 and why?
10. What is the status of Eve at the opening of Chapter 11?
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)