|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Grey say he has heard rumors?
(a) An allied invasion.
(b) That they are to be given new clothing next week.
(c) An armistice.
(d) A diamond in the camp.
2. Why is Lt. Grey summoning the person?
(a) For a tongue lashing.
(b) To get maps of the island.
(c) To ask about supplies that are to arrive.
(d) For an inventory.
3. How soon can a newly-born rat breed?
(a) At 6 months.
(b) Within 2 months.
(c) At about a year of age.
(d) Anywhere from 1-5 months.
4. Who does the King summon into his hut?
(a) A prison guard.
(b) The camp stoolie.
(c) The man speaking with the native.
(d) A laundry woman.
5. What is Vexley's favorite topic in biology class?
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does the King leak to the Australians?
2. Who leads a raid?
3. Why does the King panic at Marlowe's request?
4. Why does Larkin punish Pvt. Gurble?
5. Why does Grey feel defeated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lt. Grey arrest two of Larkin's men and what is Larkin's response?
2. Describe Steven.
3. Why does Marlowe run for his water bottle?
4. Describe Lt. Grey.
5. What secret does the King leak to the Australians and how does Marlowe react to the news?
6. Describe Flt. Lt. Peter Marlowe.
7. Describe the first meeting between The King and Marlowe.
8. What is the status of Eve at the opening of Chapter 11?
9. Describe Col. Grant Larkin.
10. Why are Marlowe's bungalow mates upset that Marlowe refuses the King's offer of a percentage of the tobacco profits?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)