|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King want Marlowe to do?
(a) Go with him outside the wire.
(b) Negotiate with Grey about the diamond.
(c) Discipline two of the British airmen.
(d) Build a radio.
2. Who is Tex?
(a) A guard.
(b) The chaplain.
(c) The only Marine officer in the camp.
(d) The man who handles the legwork for the King.
3. How does the King get Vexley talking about rat breeding?
(a) By giving Vexley a cigarette.
(b) By offering him a small percentage in the rat meat business.
(c) He cannot seem to get Vexley to talk about rats.
(d) By threatening to tell on Vesley for having extra rations.
4. About how many litters per year can the Rattus norvegicus have per year?
(a) Anywhere from 5-40 depending upon its individual fertility.
5. What secret does the King leak to the Australians?
(a) About Lt. Grey's wife.
(b) About the Korean guards.
(c) About the rats.
(d) About the tobacco process.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads a raid?
2. Why is Lt. Grey summoning the person?
3. Of what does Grey say he has heard rumors?
4. What does Marlowe find shady?
5. How long does it take to construct a radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the pursuit and escape of Marlowe with the money.
2. Describe the reaction of the first arrival of the American forces at Changi camp.
3. What are Lt. Grey's thoughts after being assigned new duties?
4. Describe the "birthday party" of the elite who are invited to a barbecue.
5. Describe Lt. Grey.
6. Why does Marlowe run for his water bottle?
7. Describe Flt. Lt. Peter Marlowe.
8. How is the departure of the Americans described?
9. What is the status of Eve at the opening of Chapter 11?
10. Why isn't Marlowe successful in going after the money and how is he care for with the medicines Timsen gets?
This section contains 1,357 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)