|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lt. Grey summoning?
(a) The King.
(b) The laundress.
(c) The burser.
(d) The cook.
2. What is Col. Sellars missing?
(a) A money clip.
(b) A ring.
(c) A watch.
(d) A armband.
3. What does Marlowe offer the King after eating King's eggs?
(a) A Cuban cigar.
(b) A machete.
(c) A free night out in town.
(d) Tobacco cured in the Javanese way.
4. Where does the King want to set up a rat farm?
(a) In the jungle outside the wire.
(b) In an excavation under the Korean solders's barracks.
(c) In the officer's latrine area.
(d) In the slit trench under a hut.
5. Who reprimands both Lt. Grey and the man he summons?
(a) Captain Quigg.
(b) Col. Bird.
(c) Major Johnson.
(d) Col. Brant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grey to check in the ditch by Hut 16?
2. Who is Peter Marlowe?
3. What do the conspirators wonder in Hut 16?
4. What does Dr. Prudhomme announce?
5. What does the doctor rule as cause of death on Gurble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Max.
2. What secret does the King leak to the Australians and how does Marlowe react to the news?
3. Describe Steven.
4. Describe Col. Kennedy's reactions to Steven.
5. Describe the first meeting between The King and Marlowe.
6. Describe The King.
7. How does Marlowe demonstrate the part of his personality that might be labeled risk taker or thrill seeker?
8. Why are Marlowe and Cox standing sentry duty?
9. Who does Col. Brant reprimand and for what reason?
10. Who is the Provost Marshal and what is he doing at the opening of Chapter 1.
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)