|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is meeting in the shadows with Prouty?
(b) The King.
2. What does Kennedy tell Marlowe?
(a) He can not longer operate as the arm is too far gone.
(b) He has to amputate above the elbow that day or it will be too late.
(c) The arm looks as though it is getting better on its own.
(d) He can only wait a few more days before amutating.
3. What does the King explain to Marlowe in an effort to soothe Marlowe?
(a) That Prouty stole the watch anyway.
(b) That Prouty will be able to feed his group regardless.
(c) The risks and benefits of business.
(d) That the guard is going to rip someone else off with the same watch.
4. What do some men wonder about Marlowe and the King?
(a) If they will go into business together after the war.
(b) If Marlowe has something on the King.
(c) If the King is paying Marlowe.
(d) If they are lovers.
5. What shocks Marlowe about Samson?
(a) That he is willing to break the rules.
(b) That he is on the King's payroll.
(c) That he likes Steven.
(d) That he is friends with Lt. Grey.
6. What does Shagata report?
(a) Cheng has been released and has the money.
(b) Cheng is no longer interested in the deal.
(c) Cheng has been exiled.
(d) Cheng has been executed.
7. For whom are Marlowe and the King waiting at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(b) Col. Kennedy.
(c) Col. Brant.
8. How does Marlowe injure his left arm?
(a) He trips.
(b) In a fight.
(c) A dog mauls him.
(d) On wood detail.
9. What day is it at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) The first day of Spring.
(b) Memorial day.
(c) V-E day.
(d) May Day.
10. About what does Torusumi talk?
(a) That the Japanese plan to kill all the prisoners before the Japanese withdraw.
(b) Home life and Koreans' hatred of the Japanese overlords.
(c) That if he cannot get the diamond, he will turn them in.
(d) That his wife would love the diamond.
11. Why does the King trip?
(a) He missess seeing a root sticking up out of the ground.
(b) To give Marlowe a chance to get away with the money.
(c) He has his shoes on the wrong feet.
(d) To trip Grey and make it look like an accident.
12. Why does the King seal the door to the cellblock after those who invited are inside?
(a) To show the men where he is digging an escape tunnel.
(b) To show the men where the radio is hidden.
(c) To keep out nosey guards.
(d) So other POWs don't smell the cooking and riot.
13. What does Shagata do?
(a) Take the ring and the money.
(b) Tells them the deal is off.
(c) Authenticates the ring, hands over the money, and leaves.
(d) Kills Tex by accident when Tex trips and falls against him.
14. Who cleaned up Marlowe when he was first captured?
(a) Sgt. Masters.
(b) Lt. Grey.
(d) Larkin and Mccoy.
15. What does Marlowe wish?
(a) That the Allies would get there.
(b) That he had taken the $108 dollar commission.
(c) That the King would leave Marlowe alone.
(d) That life could be simple again and he could talk to God without shame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King promise if Marlowe will go bury the money in the jungle?
2. Why does the King slap Marlowe?
3. Who confronts the King and Marlowe after they go away from the MPs?
4. How long does Yoshima's staff search to find the new radio?
5. Who runs interference for King and Marlowe as they try to escape with the money?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)