|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who intercepts Grey to keep him from arresting the King and Marlowe?
(a) Col. Brant.
(b) Major Beadly.
(c) Col. Kennedy.
2. Why does the King slap Marlowe?
(a) He is angry with Marlowe.
(b) To force him to concentrate.
(c) He is demonstrating a judo technique.
(d) It is an accident.
3. Why does the King trip?
(a) To trip Grey and make it look like an accident.
(b) He missess seeing a root sticking up out of the ground.
(c) He has his shoes on the wrong feet.
(d) To give Marlowe a chance to get away with the money.
4. What does the King do with the ring?
(a) Throws it as far as possible into the jungle.
(b) Hands it over to the Korean guards.
(c) Swallows it.
(d) Gives it to Lt. Grey as a bribe.
5. What does Grey find on the King when he catches him?
(a) A watch.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A couple dollars.
6. Where does the King summon Marlowe, Larkin and McCoy?
(a) To go outside the wire that night.
(b) To watch a new play by Steven.
(c) To Cell 54.
(d) To lunch in his hut.
7. What does McCoy say to Larkin about Prouty?
(a) Habeaus Corpus.
(b) Caveat emptor.
(c) Mea culpa.
(d) Veni, vidi, vici.
8. What does the King tell the officers that sobers them briefly as they are laughing and playing?
(a) That Lt. Grey has incriminating evidence against them all.
(b) That the Allies dropped two atomic bombs on Japan.
(c) That the Allies will be invading within weeks.
(d) That they are about to eat Rover's hindquarters.
9. To whom does Marlowe send coconuts?
(c) Torusumi and Shoko.
10. Who is meeting in the shadows with Prouty?
(d) The King.
11. What is the rumor about the airfield?
(a) It is going to be paved.
(b) It flooded in the last rain and is now full of pits and holes.
(c) That three coconut trees will be felled.
(d) That it is being abandoned so the Americans have no good place to land.
12. About what does Torusumi talk?
(a) Home life and Koreans' hatred of the Japanese overlords.
(b) That his wife would love the diamond.
(c) That the Japanese plan to kill all the prisoners before the Japanese withdraw.
(d) That if he cannot get the diamond, he will turn them in.
13. What does Smedly-Taylor offer Grey to appease him about the weights?
(a) A recommendation for a permanent commission after the war.
(b) A quart of rice.
(c) A pound of extra rations.
(d) A pass to the village.
14. For whom are Marlowe and the King waiting at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(b) Col. Kennedy.
(d) Col. Brant.
15. How does Marlowe injure his left arm?
(a) In a fight.
(b) On wood detail.
(c) A dog mauls him.
(d) He trips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the King choose Timsen to reveal the rat operation to?
2. What does Shagata do?
3. About what does Smedly-Talyor laugh after Lt. Grey leaves?
4. What does Marlowe talk about to Sutra?
5. What is the show called that Sean is about to premiere?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)