|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the King actually get from the Korean guard?
2. What is borehole detail?
(a) Digging new boreholes.
(b) Checking to see that the boreholes are covered appropriately.
(c) Scooping cockroaches out of the latrines.
(d) Cleaning out old boreholds and taking the contents to the jungle.
3. How much does Marlowe get for the sergeant's fountain pen?
(a) Only 75 dollars.
(b) 120 dollars and cigarettes.
(c) Only 120 dollars.
(d) 75 dollars and cigarettes.
4. Who gets a letter from his wife?
5. How do Marlowe, Larkin and McCoy decide to spread news about the war?
(a) To call a meeting of the highest-ranking officers and let them decide.
(b) They decide not to say anything since things are not going that well.
(c) To trick the Korean guards into telling the news.
(d) For each to tell two friends, who tell two friends.
6. What does Marlowe talk about to Sutra?
(a) The delicious saki.
(c) The weather.
(d) The wireless.
7. About what does the King caution Marlowe?
(a) To bow to Torusumi.
(b) To not shake hands with Torusumi.
(c) To make the guards understand even is Marlowe has to translate some things loosely.
(d) To translate to and from Malay very precisely.
8. What day is it at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) V-E day.
(b) The first day of Spring.
(c) Memorial day.
(d) May Day.
9. What does the King explain to Marlowe in an effort to soothe Marlowe?
(a) The risks and benefits of business.
(b) That Prouty stole the watch anyway.
(c) That Prouty will be able to feed his group regardless.
(d) That the guard is going to rip someone else off with the same watch.
10. What does Marlowe believe about the war?
(a) It is almost over.
(b) It will never end.
(c) It will drag on for several more years.
(d) It no longer matters.
11. What does Kennedy tell Marlowe?
(a) He can only wait a few more days before amutating.
(b) The arm looks as though it is getting better on its own.
(c) He can not longer operate as the arm is too far gone.
(d) He has to amputate above the elbow that day or it will be too late.
12. Who cleaned up Marlowe when he was first captured?
(a) Lt. Grey.
(b) Sgt. Masters.
(c) Larkin and Mccoy.
13. What is the doctor's consolation to Marlowe if he has to amputate?
(a) He is very fast since he's had a lot of practise.
(b) There is a sterilizer.
(c) He may still live.
(d) They have ether.
14. What does Grey find on the King when he catches him?
(b) A pipe.
(c) A watch.
(d) A couple dollars.
15. What does Marlowe wish?
(a) That the King would leave Marlowe alone.
(b) That life could be simple again and he could talk to God without shame.
(c) That he had taken the $108 dollar commission.
(d) That the Allies would get there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is meeting in the shadows with Prouty?
2. What does Marlowe do in the jungle before his capture?
3. About what does Torusumi talk?
4. Where does Townsend get the ring?
5. Why does the King slap Marlowe?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)