|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do delivery, nurse and equipment cost to take care of Marlowe?
(a) 1500 dollars.
(b) 500 dollars.
(c) 1000 dollars.
(d) 150 dollars.
2. About what does Torusumi talk?
(a) That the Japanese plan to kill all the prisoners before the Japanese withdraw.
(b) That his wife would love the diamond.
(c) Home life and Koreans' hatred of the Japanese overlords.
(d) That if he cannot get the diamond, he will turn them in.
3. What does Shagata do?
(a) Take the ring and the money.
(b) Tells them the deal is off.
(c) Authenticates the ring, hands over the money, and leaves.
(d) Kills Tex by accident when Tex trips and falls against him.
4. Where does Marlowe go in the morning?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To talk to Col. Smedly-Taylor.
(c) Outside the wire.
(d) On a liaison with Sulina.
5. What does the King do with the ring?
(a) Gives it to Lt. Grey as a bribe.
(b) Hands it over to the Korean guards.
(c) Throws it as far as possible into the jungle.
(d) Swallows it.
6. Who cleaned up Marlowe when he was first captured?
(a) Larkin and Mccoy.
(c) Sgt. Masters.
(d) Lt. Grey.
7. Who runs interference for King and Marlowe as they try to escape with the money?
(a) Steven and Max.
(c) Max and McCoy.
(d) Tex and Max.
8. To whom does Marlowe send coconuts?
(b) Torusumi and Shoko.
9. What is the show called that Sean is about to premiere?
(a) King Rat.
10. How much does the King actually get from the Korean guard?
11. What does Marlowe talk about to Sutra?
(a) The delicious saki.
(b) The weather.
(c) The wireless.
12. What does Marlowe wonder about when he encounters Hawkins?
(a) If Hawkins knows his dog was eaten.
(b) If Hawkins plans any revenge.
(c) Why Hawkins is all beat up.
(d) If Hawkins cries about his dog.
13. What does Shagata report?
(a) Cheng has been exiled.
(b) Cheng has been released and has the money.
(c) Cheng is no longer interested in the deal.
(d) Cheng has been executed.
14. What day is it at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) The first day of Spring.
(b) May Day.
(c) V-E day.
(d) Memorial day.
15. What shocks Marlowe about Samson?
(a) That he is willing to break the rules.
(b) That he is friends with Lt. Grey.
(c) That he is on the King's payroll.
(d) That he likes Steven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Yoshima's staff search to find the new radio?
2. Who gets a letter from his wife?
3. Of what could Marlowe eventually die?
4. What is McCoy so happy?
5. What is borehole detail?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)