|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Marlowe and the King to the village?
(a) No one.
(b) A young, pretty woman.
(c) One of the Korean guards.
(d) An elderly peasant.
2. What does Grey find on the King when he catches him?
(a) A pipe.
(c) A watch.
(d) A couple dollars.
3. What does Marlowe talk about to Sutra?
(a) The weather.
(c) The wireless.
(d) The delicious saki.
4. What does Sean refuse to do at first?
(a) Dress up as a woman.
(c) End his show when the guards arrive.
(d) Go on stage.
5. What does the doctor warn Marlowe about his arm?
(a) It could get grangrene.
(b) The muscle has atrophied.
(c) That it is not infected but could get that way soon.
(d) This ligaments are torn.
6. What does the King ask Timsen?
(a) To cut in on the ring profits to find some quinine for Tex.
(b) To find the ring.
(c) To get some antitoxin and sulfonamide powder.
7. How much does Marlowe get for the sergeant's fountain pen?
(a) 75 dollars and cigarettes.
(b) Only 75 dollars.
(c) Only 120 dollars.
(d) 120 dollars and cigarettes.
8. Who runs interference for King and Marlowe as they try to escape with the money?
(a) Max and McCoy.
(c) Tex and Max.
(d) Steven and Max.
9. Why does the King choose Timsen to reveal the rat operation to?
(a) He is not squeamish.
(b) He was a butcher in his civilian life.
(c) He is the only Australian the King trusts.
(d) He used to be in animal husbandry.
10. Of what could Marlowe eventually die?
(c) Dengue fever.
11. What does Marlowe wish?
(a) That the King would leave Marlowe alone.
(b) That he had taken the $108 dollar commission.
(c) That life could be simple again and he could talk to God without shame.
(d) That the Allies would get there.
12. What does the King surmise about Cheng?
(a) He is honest.
(b) He loves his family.
(c) He is hurting for cash.
(d) He is a liar.
13. To whom does Marlowe send coconuts?
(b) Torusumi and Shoko.
14. How much do delivery, nurse and equipment cost to take care of Marlowe?
(a) 1500 dollars.
(b) 150 dollars.
(c) 500 dollars.
(d) 1000 dollars.
15. Why does Lt. Grey place Marlowe under arrest?
(a) For not distributing the coconuts fairly.
(b) For disobeying orders.
(c) For eating dog.
(d) For selling a fountain pen to a Korean guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Smedly-Talyor laugh after Lt. Grey leaves?
2. What does the King tell the officers that sobers them briefly as they are laughing and playing?
3. When does the King say he will pay Timsen?
4. What is the rumor about the airfield?
5. About what is Ewart furious?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)