|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the doctor's consolation to Marlowe if he has to amputate?
(a) They have ether.
(b) He may still live.
(c) There is a sterilizer.
(d) He is very fast since he's had a lot of practise.
2. Who confronts the King and Marlowe after they go away from the MPs?
(a) Col. Brant.
(b) Four men in masks with heavy sticks.
(c) A man with a mask and a small pistol.
(d) The Korean guards.
3. What does the doctor warn Marlowe about his arm?
(a) This ligaments are torn.
(b) It could get grangrene.
(c) That it is not infected but could get that way soon.
(d) The muscle has atrophied.
4. How much does the King take as his commission?
5. Who gets a letter from his wife?
6. Who runs interference for King and Marlowe as they try to escape with the money?
(b) Steven and Max.
(c) Tex and Max.
(d) Max and McCoy.
7. What does Marlowe recall as they are fumigating the bed?
(a) Why he was captured.
(b) His young son and daughter.
(c) The first prison Marlowe was in.
(d) His wife.
8. Who is meeting in the shadows with Prouty?
(c) The King.
9. What false information does the King relay?
(a) That the diamond belonged to the Queen of England.
(b) That there was a raid planned by the Americans soon to rescue the prisoners at Changi.
(c) Between Prouty and Torusumi.
(d) That the diamond belonged to a movie star.
10. What does Jones order Blakely to do?
(a) Go into hiding in the camp.
(b) Nothing; Jones will handle it.
(c) Claim innocence and accuse Grey of demanding bribes.
(d) Run outside the wire.
11. What has Grey learned from his spy about the diamond?
(a) It is about to change hands soon.
(b) It is more valuable than first thought.
(c) It has been stolen by a Korean guard.
(d) It is a fake.
12. What does Marlowe bargain out of Sutra?
(b) A piglet.
(c) A hen.
(d) A radio.
13. How does Marlowe injure his left arm?
(a) In a fight.
(b) He trips.
(c) On wood detail.
(d) A dog mauls him.
14. How does Lt. Grey find the tampered weights?
(a) He takes the machines apart and checks the weights.
(b) He has one of the Korean guards check the weights.
(c) He stumbles and knocks them over.
(d) He tortures one of the enlisted men who is serving the grain.
15. What does Smedly-Taylor offer Grey to appease him about the weights?
(a) A recommendation for a permanent commission after the war.
(b) A pound of extra rations.
(c) A quart of rice.
(d) A pass to the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Torusumi talk?
2. Where does Marlowe go in the morning?
3. About what is Ewart furious?
4. Where does the King summon Marlowe, Larkin and McCoy?
5. Why does the King seal the door to the cellblock after those who invited are inside?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)