|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the King actually get from the Korean guard?
2. What does Sean refuse to do at first?
(a) Go on stage.
(b) Dress up as a woman.
(c) End his show when the guards arrive.
3. How much does the King take as his commission?
4. What is borehole detail?
(a) Scooping cockroaches out of the latrines.
(b) Checking to see that the boreholes are covered appropriately.
(c) Digging new boreholes.
(d) Cleaning out old boreholds and taking the contents to the jungle.
5. What is the show called that Sean is about to premiere?
(c) King Rat.
6. What does Yoshima revoke when he cannot find the radio?
(a) The return to standard rations.
(b) The privilege of having camp plays.
(c) The privilege of playing music with homemade instruments.
(d) The privilege of walking freely through camp.
7. Why does the King trip?
(a) He missess seeing a root sticking up out of the ground.
(b) To give Marlowe a chance to get away with the money.
(c) To trip Grey and make it look like an accident.
(d) He has his shoes on the wrong feet.
8. What does Marlowe wonder about when he encounters Hawkins?
(a) If Hawkins cries about his dog.
(b) Why Hawkins is all beat up.
(c) If Hawkins knows his dog was eaten.
(d) If Hawkins plans any revenge.
9. How much does Marlowe get for the sergeant's fountain pen?
(a) 120 dollars and cigarettes.
(b) Only 75 dollars.
(c) 75 dollars and cigarettes.
(d) Only 120 dollars.
10. What does Marlowe recall as they are fumigating the bed?
(a) His wife.
(b) Why he was captured.
(c) The first prison Marlowe was in.
(d) His young son and daughter.
11. What does Jones order Blakely to do?
(a) Nothing; Jones will handle it.
(b) Claim innocence and accuse Grey of demanding bribes.
(c) Run outside the wire.
(d) Go into hiding in the camp.
12. Who cleaned up Marlowe when he was first captured?
(a) Lt. Grey.
(c) Sgt. Masters.
(d) Larkin and Mccoy.
13. What is the rumor about the airfield?
(a) It is going to be paved.
(b) That three coconut trees will be felled.
(c) It flooded in the last rain and is now full of pits and holes.
(d) That it is being abandoned so the Americans have no good place to land.
14. About what is Samson envious concerning Marlowe?
(a) That Marlowe has a gorgeous wife.
(b) That Marlowe has gone outside the wire several times.
(c) That Marlowe is close to the King.
(d) That Marlowe has three laying hens.
15. What does Hawkins' dog do?
(a) Kills some rats for the soldiers for food.
(b) Attacks a huge lizard and dies.
(c) Attack Yoshima.
(d) Kills and eats one of Foster's hens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the doctor's consolation to Marlowe if he has to amputate?
2. What does Shagata do?
3. What does the King tell the officers that sobers them briefly as they are laughing and playing?
4. Of what could Marlowe eventually die?
5. What does the doctor warn Marlowe about his arm?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)