|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor about the airfield?
(a) That it is being abandoned so the Americans have no good place to land.
(b) It is going to be paved.
(c) That three coconut trees will be felled.
(d) It flooded in the last rain and is now full of pits and holes.
2. What does Marlowe wish?
(a) That he had taken the $108 dollar commission.
(b) That life could be simple again and he could talk to God without shame.
(c) That the King would leave Marlowe alone.
(d) That the Allies would get there.
3. About what does Torusumi talk?
(a) That if he cannot get the diamond, he will turn them in.
(b) That the Japanese plan to kill all the prisoners before the Japanese withdraw.
(c) That his wife would love the diamond.
(d) Home life and Koreans' hatred of the Japanese overlords.
4. For whom are Marlowe and the King waiting at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(c) Col. Kennedy.
(d) Col. Brant.
5. What does Marlowe bargain out of Sutra?
(a) A piglet.
(c) A radio.
(d) A hen.
6. What day is it at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) V-E day.
(b) Memorial day.
(c) May Day.
(d) The first day of Spring.
7. How much does Marlowe get for the sergeant's fountain pen?
(a) 120 dollars and cigarettes.
(b) Only 75 dollars.
(c) 75 dollars and cigarettes.
(d) Only 120 dollars.
8. When does the King say he will pay Timsen?
(a) In a week.
(b) After Marlowe shows signs of getting better.
(c) That night since Grey is watching things right now.
(d) When Marlowe is well enough to lead him to the money.
9. What is the show called that Sean is about to premiere?
(d) King Rat.
10. Why does the King choose Timsen to reveal the rat operation to?
(a) He was a butcher in his civilian life.
(b) He is the only Australian the King trusts.
(c) He used to be in animal husbandry.
(d) He is not squeamish.
11. What is borehole detail?
(a) Checking to see that the boreholes are covered appropriately.
(b) Cleaning out old boreholds and taking the contents to the jungle.
(c) Scooping cockroaches out of the latrines.
(d) Digging new boreholes.
12. How much do delivery, nurse and equipment cost to take care of Marlowe?
(a) 1000 dollars.
(b) 1500 dollars.
(c) 150 dollars.
(d) 500 dollars.
13. What secret of Grey's does the King know?
(a) That Grey cheated to get an officer's commission.
(b) That Grey's wife is frigid.
(c) That Grey is not a British citizen.
(d) Who Grey's stoolie is.
14. Who runs interference for King and Marlowe as they try to escape with the money?
(a) Max and McCoy.
(c) Steven and Max.
(d) Tex and Max.
15. Who cleaned up Marlowe when he was first captured?
(a) Sgt. Masters.
(b) Larkin and Mccoy.
(c) Lt. Grey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King ask Timsen?
2. What does Marlowe wonder about when he encounters Hawkins?
3. What does Smedly-Taylor offer Grey to appease him about the weights?
4. What does Yoshima revoke when he cannot find the radio?
5. What does the King do with the ring?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)