|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe wish?
(a) That he had taken the $108 dollar commission.
(b) That life could be simple again and he could talk to God without shame.
(c) That the King would leave Marlowe alone.
(d) That the Allies would get there.
2. How much does Marlowe get for the sergeant's fountain pen?
(a) Only 75 dollars.
(b) 75 dollars and cigarettes.
(c) Only 120 dollars.
(d) 120 dollars and cigarettes.
3. What secret of Grey's does the King know?
(a) Who Grey's stoolie is.
(b) That Grey cheated to get an officer's commission.
(c) That Grey's wife is frigid.
(d) That Grey is not a British citizen.
4. What does the doctor warn Marlowe about his arm?
(a) It could get grangrene.
(b) That it is not infected but could get that way soon.
(c) This ligaments are torn.
(d) The muscle has atrophied.
5. What does the King do with the ring?
(a) Swallows it.
(b) Gives it to Lt. Grey as a bribe.
(c) Hands it over to the Korean guards.
(d) Throws it as far as possible into the jungle.
6. How does Marlowe injure his left arm?
(a) On wood detail.
(b) In a fight.
(c) He trips.
(d) A dog mauls him.
7. Where does Marlowe go in the morning?
(a) On a liaison with Sulina.
(b) To talk to Col. Smedly-Taylor.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) Outside the wire.
8. Who intercepts Grey to keep him from arresting the King and Marlowe?
(a) Col. Kennedy.
(b) Col. Brant.
(c) Major Beadly.
9. About what is Samson envious concerning Marlowe?
(a) That Marlowe has a gorgeous wife.
(b) That Marlowe has three laying hens.
(c) That Marlowe has gone outside the wire several times.
(d) That Marlowe is close to the King.
10. What shocks Marlowe about Samson?
(a) That he likes Steven.
(b) That he is on the King's payroll.
(c) That he is friends with Lt. Grey.
(d) That he is willing to break the rules.
11. What is the rumor about the airfield?
(a) That three coconut trees will be felled.
(b) It is going to be paved.
(c) That it is being abandoned so the Americans have no good place to land.
(d) It flooded in the last rain and is now full of pits and holes.
12. What day is it at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) Memorial day.
(b) The first day of Spring.
(c) V-E day.
(d) May Day.
13. What does the King ask Timsen?
(a) To find the ring.
(b) To cut in on the ring profits to find some quinine for Tex.
(c) To get some antitoxin and sulfonamide powder.
14. How much does the King give Prouty?
15. What false information does the King relay?
(a) That there was a raid planned by the Americans soon to rescue the prisoners at Changi.
(b) That the diamond belonged to the Queen of England.
(c) That the diamond belonged to a movie star.
(d) Between Prouty and Torusumi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe talk about to Sutra?
2. Why are the King and his cohorts having a hard time making more cages?
3. What is borehole detail?
4. Why does the King trip?
5. What does Marlowe wonder about when he encounters Hawkins?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)