|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor about the airfield?
(a) It flooded in the last rain and is now full of pits and holes.
(b) That three coconut trees will be felled.
(c) That it is being abandoned so the Americans have no good place to land.
(d) It is going to be paved.
2. Who runs interference for King and Marlowe as they try to escape with the money?
(a) Tex and Max.
(c) Max and McCoy.
(d) Steven and Max.
3. About what does Torusumi talk?
(a) That the Japanese plan to kill all the prisoners before the Japanese withdraw.
(b) That if he cannot get the diamond, he will turn them in.
(c) That his wife would love the diamond.
(d) Home life and Koreans' hatred of the Japanese overlords.
4. Of what could Marlowe eventually die?
(c) Dengue fever.
5. About what is Samson envious concerning Marlowe?
(a) That Marlowe has a gorgeous wife.
(b) That Marlowe has gone outside the wire several times.
(c) That Marlowe has three laying hens.
(d) That Marlowe is close to the King.
6. What is the show called that Sean is about to premiere?
(c) King Rat.
7. Why does the King trip?
(a) He has his shoes on the wrong feet.
(b) To trip Grey and make it look like an accident.
(c) He missess seeing a root sticking up out of the ground.
(d) To give Marlowe a chance to get away with the money.
8. What do some men wonder about Marlowe and the King?
(a) If the King is paying Marlowe.
(b) If Marlowe has something on the King.
(c) If they are lovers.
(d) If they will go into business together after the war.
9. What does Marlowe recall as they are fumigating the bed?
(a) His wife.
(b) The first prison Marlowe was in.
(c) His young son and daughter.
(d) Why he was captured.
10. Why does Larkin make a batch of blachang?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) The King asks him to do so.
(c) He wants to impress Marlowe.
(d) He is happy McCoy is getting better.
11. Who is meeting in the shadows with Prouty?
(c) The King.
12. Why does the King slap Marlowe?
(a) He is angry with Marlowe.
(b) He is demonstrating a judo technique.
(c) It is an accident.
(d) To force him to concentrate.
13. What does Shagata report?
(a) Cheng has been released and has the money.
(b) Cheng has been exiled.
(c) Cheng is no longer interested in the deal.
(d) Cheng has been executed.
14. What does Marlowe wonder about when he encounters Hawkins?
(a) If Hawkins knows his dog was eaten.
(b) Why Hawkins is all beat up.
(c) If Hawkins cries about his dog.
(d) If Hawkins plans any revenge.
15. What is the doctor's consolation to Marlowe if he has to amputate?
(a) They have ether.
(b) There is a sterilizer.
(c) He is very fast since he's had a lot of practise.
(d) He may still live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shagata do?
2. What day is it at the opening to Chapter 6?
3. Where does the King summon Marlowe, Larkin and McCoy?
4. What does Kennedy tell Marlowe?
5. Why does the King choose Timsen to reveal the rat operation to?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)