|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe bargain out of Sutra?
(a) A radio.
(b) A hen.
(d) A piglet.
2. How much does the King take as his commission?
3. How much does Marlowe get for the sergeant's fountain pen?
(a) Only 120 dollars.
(b) Only 75 dollars.
(c) 120 dollars and cigarettes.
(d) 75 dollars and cigarettes.
4. About what is Ewart furious?
(a) That Lt. Grey spills Ewart's rations.
(b) Not knowing his family's fate.
(c) That McCoy tells a secret Ewart trusted him with.
(d) That Marlowe pretends he doesn't know Ewart.
5. Why does the King trip?
(a) To give Marlowe a chance to get away with the money.
(b) He missess seeing a root sticking up out of the ground.
(c) To trip Grey and make it look like an accident.
(d) He has his shoes on the wrong feet.
6. What does Shagata do?
(a) Tells them the deal is off.
(b) Take the ring and the money.
(c) Authenticates the ring, hands over the money, and leaves.
(d) Kills Tex by accident when Tex trips and falls against him.
7. Who cleaned up Marlowe when he was first captured?
(a) Larkin and Mccoy.
(b) Lt. Grey.
(d) Sgt. Masters.
8. What does Yoshima revoke when he cannot find the radio?
(a) The privilege of playing music with homemade instruments.
(b) The privilege of having camp plays.
(c) The return to standard rations.
(d) The privilege of walking freely through camp.
9. Why does Lt. Grey place Marlowe under arrest?
(a) For selling a fountain pen to a Korean guard.
(b) For eating dog.
(c) For disobeying orders.
(d) For not distributing the coconuts fairly.
10. What does Grey find on the King when he catches him?
(b) A pipe.
(c) A couple dollars.
(d) A watch.
11. What do some men wonder about Marlowe and the King?
(a) If they will go into business together after the war.
(b) If Marlowe has something on the King.
(c) If they are lovers.
(d) If the King is paying Marlowe.
12. What does the King ask Timsen?
(a) To find the ring.
(b) To cut in on the ring profits to find some quinine for Tex.
(d) To get some antitoxin and sulfonamide powder.
13. What is the rumor about the airfield?
(a) It is going to be paved.
(b) It flooded in the last rain and is now full of pits and holes.
(c) That three coconut trees will be felled.
(d) That it is being abandoned so the Americans have no good place to land.
14. How much does the King give Prouty?
15. What does Timsen not guarantee?
(a) If the doctor will agree.
(b) If the treatment will be effective.
(c) If he can find some quinine.
(d) If he can find the ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Samson envious concerning Marlowe?
2. Why are the King and his cohorts having a hard time making more cages?
3. What does the King tell the officers that sobers them briefly as they are laughing and playing?
4. What does Jones order Blakely to do?
5. Where does Marlowe go in the morning?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)