|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the show called that Sean is about to premiere?
(c) King Rat.
2. What does the King tell the officers that sobers them briefly as they are laughing and playing?
(a) That Lt. Grey has incriminating evidence against them all.
(b) That they are about to eat Rover's hindquarters.
(c) That the Allies dropped two atomic bombs on Japan.
(d) That the Allies will be invading within weeks.
3. How long does Yoshima's staff search to find the new radio?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
4. What do some men wonder about Marlowe and the King?
(a) If Marlowe has something on the King.
(b) If they are lovers.
(c) If the King is paying Marlowe.
(d) If they will go into business together after the war.
5. What does Jones order Blakely to do?
(a) Claim innocence and accuse Grey of demanding bribes.
(b) Go into hiding in the camp.
(c) Run outside the wire.
(d) Nothing; Jones will handle it.
6. What does Marlowe do in the jungle before his capture?
(a) Builds a good shelter.
(b) Assimilates Javanese culture.
(c) Lies down and has delusions because of malaria.
(d) Lives off the land.
7. About what is Samson envious concerning Marlowe?
(a) That Marlowe is close to the King.
(b) That Marlowe has a gorgeous wife.
(c) That Marlowe has gone outside the wire several times.
(d) That Marlowe has three laying hens.
8. How much does the King take as his commission?
9. What does Marlowe recall as they are fumigating the bed?
(a) His young son and daughter.
(b) Why he was captured.
(c) The first prison Marlowe was in.
(d) His wife.
10. Of what could Marlowe eventually die?
(a) Dengue fever.
11. What does McCoy say to Larkin about Prouty?
(a) Mea culpa.
(b) Veni, vidi, vici.
(c) Habeaus Corpus.
(d) Caveat emptor.
12. Who is meeting in the shadows with Prouty?
(a) The King.
13. What does the King ask Timsen?
(a) To find the ring.
(c) To get some antitoxin and sulfonamide powder.
(d) To cut in on the ring profits to find some quinine for Tex.
14. Where does Marlowe go in the morning?
(a) To talk to Col. Smedly-Taylor.
(b) On a liaison with Sulina.
(c) Outside the wire.
(d) To the hospital.
15. What secret of Grey's does the King know?
(a) Who Grey's stoolie is.
(b) That Grey's wife is frigid.
(c) That Grey is not a British citizen.
(d) That Grey cheated to get an officer's commission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs interference for King and Marlowe as they try to escape with the money?
2. How do Marlowe, Larkin and McCoy decide to spread news about the war?
3. Why does the King slap Marlowe?
4. What does Yoshima revoke when he cannot find the radio?
5. When does the King say he will pay Timsen?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)