|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some men wonder about Marlowe and the King?
(a) If they will go into business together after the war.
(b) If the King is paying Marlowe.
(c) If Marlowe has something on the King.
(d) If they are lovers.
2. What does Marlowe wish?
(a) That life could be simple again and he could talk to God without shame.
(b) That he had taken the $108 dollar commission.
(c) That the Allies would get there.
(d) That the King would leave Marlowe alone.
3. Of what could Marlowe eventually die?
(a) Dengue fever.
4. Where does Marlowe go in the morning?
(a) To talk to Col. Smedly-Taylor.
(b) Outside the wire.
(c) On a liaison with Sulina.
(d) To the hospital.
5. How do Marlowe and Ewart fumigate the bed?
(a) With petroleum.
(b) With a concoction made from bamboo roots.
(c) With linseed oil.
(d) With fire.
6. What does the King promise if Marlowe will go bury the money in the jungle?
(a) To give him some of his bodyguards if needed.
(b) To help him meet up with Sulina again.
(c) To give Marlowe half of the profits.
(d) To save Marlowe's arm.
7. What does Marlowe wonder about when he encounters Hawkins?
(a) If Hawkins plans any revenge.
(b) If Hawkins cries about his dog.
(c) Why Hawkins is all beat up.
(d) If Hawkins knows his dog was eaten.
8. What does the King surmise about Cheng?
(a) He is a liar.
(b) He loves his family.
(c) He is honest.
(d) He is hurting for cash.
9. What has Grey learned from his spy about the diamond?
(a) It has been stolen by a Korean guard.
(b) It is about to change hands soon.
(c) It is more valuable than first thought.
(d) It is a fake.
10. How much do delivery, nurse and equipment cost to take care of Marlowe?
(a) 500 dollars.
(b) 1000 dollars.
(c) 1500 dollars.
(d) 150 dollars.
11. What does Marlowe talk about to Sutra?
(a) The wireless.
(c) The weather.
(d) The delicious saki.
12. What does Jones order Blakely to do?
(a) Claim innocence and accuse Grey of demanding bribes.
(b) Nothing; Jones will handle it.
(c) Run outside the wire.
(d) Go into hiding in the camp.
13. What does Yoshima revoke when he cannot find the radio?
(a) The privilege of walking freely through camp.
(b) The privilege of playing music with homemade instruments.
(c) The privilege of having camp plays.
(d) The return to standard rations.
14. What does Sean refuse to do at first?
(a) End his show when the guards arrive.
(c) Dress up as a woman.
(d) Go on stage.
15. About what does Smedly-Talyor laugh after Lt. Grey leaves?
(a) Grey arresting Marlowe.
(b) Grey thinking Smedly-Taylor is clean.
(c) Nothing; he is worried Grey will go over his head.
(d) Grey being in the regular army.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Ewart furious?
2. What does the doctor warn Marlowe about his arm?
3. To whom does Marlowe send coconuts?
4. What is McCoy so happy?
5. Why does the King trip?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)