|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Timsen not guarantee?
(a) If the treatment will be effective.
(b) If he can find the ring.
(c) If he can find some quinine.
(d) If the doctor will agree.
2. Why does the King seal the door to the cellblock after those who invited are inside?
(a) So other POWs don't smell the cooking and riot.
(b) To keep out nosey guards.
(c) To show the men where he is digging an escape tunnel.
(d) To show the men where the radio is hidden.
3. Why does Lt. Grey place Marlowe under arrest?
(a) For eating dog.
(b) For disobeying orders.
(c) For selling a fountain pen to a Korean guard.
(d) For not distributing the coconuts fairly.
4. How long does Yoshima's staff search to find the new radio?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 1 day.
5. What does Marlowe talk about to Sutra?
(a) The weather.
(b) The wireless.
(c) The delicious saki.
6. What does Yoshima revoke when he cannot find the radio?
(a) The return to standard rations.
(b) The privilege of playing music with homemade instruments.
(c) The privilege of walking freely through camp.
(d) The privilege of having camp plays.
7. Why does Larkin make a batch of blachang?
(a) The King asks him to do so.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He wants to impress Marlowe.
(d) He is happy McCoy is getting better.
8. About what does Smedly-Talyor laugh after Lt. Grey leaves?
(a) Grey thinking Smedly-Taylor is clean.
(b) Grey arresting Marlowe.
(c) Nothing; he is worried Grey will go over his head.
(d) Grey being in the regular army.
9. What does Kennedy tell Marlowe?
(a) He has to amputate above the elbow that day or it will be too late.
(b) He can only wait a few more days before amutating.
(c) He can not longer operate as the arm is too far gone.
(d) The arm looks as though it is getting better on its own.
10. How much does the King give Prouty?
11. What does Marlowe wonder about when he encounters Hawkins?
(a) Why Hawkins is all beat up.
(b) If Hawkins knows his dog was eaten.
(c) If Hawkins cries about his dog.
(d) If Hawkins plans any revenge.
12. What does the King promise if Marlowe will go bury the money in the jungle?
(a) To save Marlowe's arm.
(b) To give him some of his bodyguards if needed.
(c) To help him meet up with Sulina again.
(d) To give Marlowe half of the profits.
13. What does the King do with the ring?
(a) Throws it as far as possible into the jungle.
(b) Swallows it.
(c) Hands it over to the Korean guards.
(d) Gives it to Lt. Grey as a bribe.
14. What does Sean refuse to do at first?
(a) Dress up as a woman.
(b) End his show when the guards arrive.
(d) Go on stage.
15. What is the show called that Sean is about to premiere?
(c) King Rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor about the airfield?
2. What is the doctor's consolation to Marlowe if he has to amputate?
3. How much do delivery, nurse and equipment cost to take care of Marlowe?
4. How do Marlowe, Larkin and McCoy decide to spread news about the war?
5. How does Lt. Grey find the tampered weights?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)