|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smedly-Taylor offer Grey to appease him about the weights?
(a) A pound of extra rations.
(b) A quart of rice.
(c) A pass to the village.
(d) A recommendation for a permanent commission after the war.
2. Where does Townsend get the ring?
(a) From a dead soldier on the march to Changi.
(b) From Gurble on the day Gurble commits suicide.
(c) It was a gift he bought before being captured.
(d) It is a family heirloom.
3. Who runs interference for King and Marlowe as they try to escape with the money?
(a) Steven and Max.
(c) Max and McCoy.
(d) Tex and Max.
4. Of what could Marlowe eventually die?
(b) Dengue fever.
5. What does the King surmise about Cheng?
(a) He is hurting for cash.
(b) He loves his family.
(c) He is a liar.
(d) He is honest.
6. What does Hawkins' dog do?
(a) Attacks a huge lizard and dies.
(b) Kills and eats one of Foster's hens.
(c) Attack Yoshima.
(d) Kills some rats for the soldiers for food.
7. About what is Ewart furious?
(a) That McCoy tells a secret Ewart trusted him with.
(b) That Lt. Grey spills Ewart's rations.
(c) Not knowing his family's fate.
(d) That Marlowe pretends he doesn't know Ewart.
8. What does the doctor warn Marlowe about his arm?
(a) That it is not infected but could get that way soon.
(b) It could get grangrene.
(c) The muscle has atrophied.
(d) This ligaments are torn.
9. Who leads Marlowe and the King to the village?
(a) One of the Korean guards.
(b) No one.
(c) A young, pretty woman.
(d) An elderly peasant.
10. Who cleaned up Marlowe when he was first captured?
(b) Sgt. Masters.
(c) Lt. Grey.
(d) Larkin and Mccoy.
11. What does Sean refuse to do at first?
(a) Go on stage.
(c) Dress up as a woman.
(d) End his show when the guards arrive.
12. Why does the King trip?
(a) He has his shoes on the wrong feet.
(b) To give Marlowe a chance to get away with the money.
(c) He missess seeing a root sticking up out of the ground.
(d) To trip Grey and make it look like an accident.
13. What does Shagata report?
(a) Cheng has been exiled.
(b) Cheng is no longer interested in the deal.
(c) Cheng has been executed.
(d) Cheng has been released and has the money.
14. Who intercepts Grey to keep him from arresting the King and Marlowe?
(a) Col. Kennedy.
(b) Major Beadly.
(c) Col. Brant.
15. What does Grey find on the King when he catches him?
(b) A couple dollars.
(c) A watch.
(d) A pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the King seal the door to the cellblock after those who invited are inside?
2. Why does Larkin make a batch of blachang?
3. What does Marlowe talk about to Sutra?
4. What is the rumor about the airfield?
5. What day is it at the opening to Chapter 6?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)