|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tex?
(a) The only Marine officer in the camp.
(b) The chaplain.
(c) A guard.
(d) The man who handles the legwork for the King.
2. What are two potential problems in raising the rats?
(a) Snakes and flooding of the cages.
(b) Snakes and stealing.
(c) Cannibalism and fighting.
(d) Discovery and snakes.
3. What does Marlowe offer the King after eating King's eggs?
(a) A machete.
(b) A free night out in town.
(c) A Cuban cigar.
(d) Tobacco cured in the Javanese way.
4. What does Marlowe ask of King?
(a) To help the doctor.
(b) To help the chaplain.
(c) A light for his cigarette.
(d) To befriend another enlisted man.
5. Why does Grey feel defeated?
(a) He cannot beat the other men at cards.
(b) Col. Brant has demoted him.
(c) Marlowe plays along with King's lie.
(d) Col. Brant won't allow him to run the comissary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Steven complain?
2. How much does the King give Prouty?
3. How does Lt. Grey think of his wife?
4. What is Col. Sellars missing?
5. Who is sitting by Sgt. Masters when the Sgt. dies?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)