|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Daven and Cox?
(a) They are sent to Ultram Road Jail.
(b) They are hung in stocks for five days.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are flogged.
2. Why does the King thank Sgt. Masters?
(a) For helping the King recover from a bout of Malaria.
(b) To ask when some quinine might become available.
(c) For tipping the King off about Lt. Grey's message.
(d) For the wine the Sgt. gives the King.
3. Why have the rat breeders installed a trap door to the "kennels"?
(a) To keep the curious out.
(b) To trap anyone trying to steal a rat couple.
(c) To keep the rats from digging out.
(d) They decide not to install a trap door as it would be too apparent something was going on.
4. What false information does the King relay?
(a) That the diamond belonged to a movie star.
(b) That the diamond belonged to the Queen of England.
(c) Between Prouty and Torusumi.
(d) That there was a raid planned by the Americans soon to rescue the prisoners at Changi.
5. Who reprimands both Lt. Grey and the man he summons?
(a) Captain Quigg.
(b) Col. Brant.
(c) Major Johnson.
(d) Col. Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the King give Prouty?
2. How soon can a newly-born rat breed?
3. Why does Grey feel defeated?
4. What does McCoy say to Larkin about Prouty?
5. What does the King explain to Marlowe in an effort to soothe Marlowe?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)