|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the King want to set up a rat farm?
(a) In the jungle outside the wire.
(b) In an excavation under the Korean solders's barracks.
(c) In the officer's latrine area.
(d) In the slit trench under a hut.
2. On what does Grey splurge?
(a) A half cup of milk.
(b) A night with one of the geisha girls.
(c) A night sneaking out of the camp.
(d) A second cigarette for the day.
3. Who does the King summon into his hut?
(a) A prison guard.
(b) The camp stoolie.
(c) A laundry woman.
(d) The man speaking with the native.
4. What surprises King about Marlowe?
(a) He is timid despite his size.
(b) He has several books in his possession.
(c) He can speak many languages.
(d) He is an officer.
5. How does Marlowe learn that the King has a temper?
(a) When Capt. Brady turns in an enlisted man for a minor infraction.
(b) When Col. Brant asks the King for extra quinine.
(c) When the King gets angry at Max for a racist comment Max makes.
(d) When Lt. Grey comes in to try to sniff out the diamond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Col. Kennedy want to know from the King?
2. How much does the King take as his commission?
3. How much does the King actually get from the Korean guard?
4. What is a worse place than the Changi camp?
5. What does Marlowe do in the jungle before his capture?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)