Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part 1, Chapters 1-4 Abstract
* Lt. Grey shakes down The King in an attempt to catch him with contraband.
* Col. Brant upbraids both Lt. Grey and the King for their behavior.
Part 1, Chapters 5-8 Abstract
* The King sees Marlowe speaking Malaysian with a native.
* The King invites Marlowe for eggs and a talk.
* The King wants Marlowe...
This section contains 1,642 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)