Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Nat and Shakespeare home?
2. What does Nat reach for under his pillow?
3. What does Shakespeare say about the show to Burbage and Nat?
4. What does Nat try to figure out about his time in the earlier century?
5. What does Arby say was a task he was given?
Susan Cooper uses real historical events and facts around which to weave her work of fiction. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think "King of Shadows" qualifies as an historical fiction? Why or why not?
2. If much of the events in the book are historical, what surprises you about the way the events play out?
3. What surprises you about the culture of late 1599 England?
4. What would you like the most about the time of 1599 England?
5. What would you like the least about the time of 1599 England?
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think "King of Shadows" is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of love throughout King of Shadows. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with love? Why? What are some symbols of love? Symbols of hate or dislike? What characters seem most loving? Least loving?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of grief throughout "King of Shadows". What characters are most concerned with grief? Why? What are some symbols of grief? How do the characters handle grief?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of politics throughout "King of Shadows". What characters are most involved in politics? Why? What are some symbols of politics? Symbols of power? Why are some of the ways different characters express their political involvement?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)