|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat remember from his history lesson about the Earl of Essex?
(b) The Queen had the Earl executed.
(c) The Earl died of the plague.
(d) The Earl adopted a son from the theater.
2. Who escorts Nat and Shakespeare home?
(a) The theater manager.
(b) A hired bodyguard.
(c) Harry's older brother.
(d) Roper's older brother.
3. What happens when Nat rises higher and higher in his dream?
(a) He rises with his mother's spirit.
(b) He is free from his father's grasp.
(c) He falls out of the tower and flies away.
(d) He escapes the tower.
4. What do Nat and his Aunt Jen agree to do?
(a) Move to London.
(b) Take a trip to Shakespeare's home.
(c) Return to the United States.
(d) Talk more openly about Nat's father.
5. Upon whose behalf does Burbage plead mercy?
(a) A political rival.
(b) A pickpocket.
(c) A drunk.
(d) A muderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Burbage paint Nat's body?
2. What does Nat hope will happen as he returns to St. Paul's?
3. What does Gil want to do after hearing Nat's story?
4. What performance is about to begin at the opening to Chapter 14?
5. What character will Nat play next summer with the Company of Boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nat trying to figure out about his experience over the past week and what does he decide about them?
2. How does Richard help Nat prepare for Nat's role as Puck and how does Nat feel when he is ready?
3. What interests the company about Nat and Roper and how does Nick Tooley put Nat into an awkward position?
4. In Chapter 12, who arrives at Guy's Hospital and what does the person learn?
5. What is the audience's response to Sam's entrance onstage?
6. What dos Arby give Nat and what does Nat discover is Arby's full name?
7. What does Nat think is the reason he and the other Nat were not discovered to be impostors?
8. What does Nat ask Shakespeare about returning to St. Paul's and what is Shakespeare's response?
9. What unexpected thing happens as Nat is acting and what is the outcome?
10. How do Gil and Rachel respond to Nat's story about his time in 1599?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)