|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to confound the Nat from the 16th century in his isolation room?
(a) The modern technology.
(b) The food.
(d) The words the doctors use.
2. What fascinates everyone in the acting company?
(a) How Nat can suggest the right things to do for someone's illness.
(b) Nat's acrobatic moves.
(c) Nat saving Roper's life.
(d) Some of Nat's vocabulary.
3. What is Nat's impression of the Queen?
(a) She is very short.
(b) She is incredibly beautiful.
(c) She is cruel.
(d) She is not as beautiful as he expects.
4. What does Nat reach for under his pillow?
(a) A poem.
(b) A hat.
(c) A playbill from the Globe of 1599.
(d) A playbill from the Globe of 1999.
5. What do Gil and Rachel realize is a result of the swap of the two Nats?
(a) There's more information about that time.
(b) Nat can act just as Shakespeare directed him.
(c) Shakespeare does not contract the plague and die.
(d) Nat can become a Shakespeare expert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat try to figure out about his time in the earlier century?
2. What is the other book Arby gives Nat?
3. What play does Shakespeare write after his brief encounter with Nat?
4. What does Shakespeare say to keep a secret from the teachers at St. Paul's?
5. What does Rachel notice as she hugs Nat?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who arrives at Guy's Hospital and what does the person learn?
2. What does Shakespeare tell Nat about soldiers in the theater and what happens with that situation?
3. What does Nat ask Shakespeare about Nat's choices after St. Paul's and what is Shakespeare's response?
4. What unexpected thing happens as Nat is acting and what is the outcome?
5. How does Richard help Nat prepare for Nat's role as Puck and how does Nat feel when he is ready?
6. What does Harry explain to Nat about the political climate of that time?
7. Why does Nat challenge Arby's authority?
8. Where does Nat awaken in Chapter 17 and what does he find out?
9. What do Nat, Gil and Rachel learn about the Nat Field of 1599?
10. Describe Nat, Burbage and Shakespeare's interview with Queen Elizabeth I.
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)