|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nat feel about Shakespeare when the man is on the stage?
(a) Nat thinks Shakespeare is arrogant on the stage.
(b) In awe of Shakespeare.
(c) Nat thinks Shakespeare is not as good an actor as writer.
(d) Nat thinks Shakespeare should just act and not write.
2. Why does Nat go to the theater after breakfast?
(a) To prepare for the first performance of "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
(b) To talk to Rachel.
(c) To ask Arby to release him from his contract.
(d) To tell the group he is returning to the United States.
3. Who compliments Burbage for his costume?
(b) The Queen.
(c) A nameless Lord.
4. What does Shakespeare say to keep a secret from the teachers at St. Paul's?
(a) That Nat knows Shakespeare.
(b) That Nat declined an offer from the Queen.
(c) Nat's ten shillings.
(d) That Nat's father is dead.
5. What particularly disgusts Nat about the Queen?
(a) Her rotten teeth.
(b) Her enjoyment of obvious flattery.
(c) Her body odor.
(d) Her mean remarks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon whose behalf does Burbage plead mercy?
2. Who is invited to meet the Queen after the performance?
3. How does Nat leave the hospital?
4. What character will Nat play next summer with the Company of Boys?
5. About what does Nat yearn to tell the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Arby reveal to Nat?
2. Describe Nat, Burbage and Shakespeare's interview with Queen Elizabeth I.
3. What do Nat and his aunt Jen decide to do?
4. Why does Nat challenge Arby's authority?
5. What intrigues Nurse Stevens about the Nat she is caring for in the isolation unit?
6. What is Nat trying to figure out about himself and what are the other apprentices trying to figure out about Nat while they are celebrating at a tavern.
7. What dos Arby give Nat and what does Nat discover is Arby's full name?
8. What does Nat ask Shakespeare about returning to St. Paul's and what is Shakespeare's response?
9. What is the audience's response to Sam's entrance onstage?
10. Where does Nat awaken in Chapter 17 and what does he find out?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)