|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat remember from his history lesson about the Earl of Essex?
(a) The Earl adopted a son from the theater.
(c) The Queen had the Earl executed.
(d) The Earl died of the plague.
2. Who escorts Nat and Shakespeare home?
(a) A hired bodyguard.
(b) The theater manager.
(c) Roper's older brother.
(d) Harry's older brother.
3. What does Nat ask if he can do when he graduates St. Paul's?
(a) Join the actor's company.
(b) Become a squire.
(c) Be Shakespeare's secretary.
(d) Become a page.
4. What particularly disgusts Nat about the Queen?
(a) Her mean remarks.
(b) Her enjoyment of obvious flattery.
(c) Her rotten teeth.
(d) Her body odor.
5. What is the other book Arby gives Nat?
(a) A copy of "Hamlet".
(b) A copy of "The Tempest'.
(c) A copy of "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
(d) A copy of 'Love's Labours Lost".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry say to Nat about Nat's reply to Nick's question?
2. What does Nick Tooley ask Nat about Nat's aunt?
3. What does Nat reach for under his pillow?
4. Of what acting group did the earlier Nat Field join?
5. About what does Sam Gilbourne ask Nat?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who arrives at Guy's Hospital and what does the person learn?
2. How do Gil and Rachel respond to Nat's story about his time in 1599?
3. Describe Nat's dream that he has in Chapter 16.
4. What unexpected thing happens as Nat is acting and what is the outcome?
5. What is the audience's response to Sam's entrance onstage?
6. What dos Arby give Nat and what does Nat discover is Arby's full name?
7. What does Shakespeare tell Nat about soldiers in the theater and what happens with that situation?
8. What do Nat and his aunt Jen decide to do?
9. What is Nat trying to figure out about his experience over the past week and what does he decide about them?
10. How does Richard help Nat prepare for Nat's role as Puck and how does Nat feel when he is ready?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)