|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a day laborer flash a sign to ward evil at Nat?
(a) The laborer does that for good luck.
(b) The laborer mistook Nat for someone else.
(c) The laborer thinks Nat is a witch.
(d) The laborer thinks Shakespeare is a warlock.
2. What particularly disgusts Nat about the Queen?
(a) Her rotten teeth.
(b) Her enjoyment of obvious flattery.
(c) Her body odor.
(d) Her mean remarks.
3. About what does Nat tell Gil from his time with Shakespeare?
(a) About Shakespeare's son.
(b) About Shakespeare's political involvments.
(c) About the sonnet Shakespeare gives Nat.
(d) About Shakespeare's wonderful wife.
4. What does Nat try to figure out about his time in the earlier century?
(a) If he is the reincarnation of Nat Field.
(b) Nothing; he is too disoriented to be thinking of anything at the moment.
(c) If it was a dream or really happened.
(d) If he will ever go back there again.
5. What does Nat remember from his history lesson about the Earl of Essex?
(b) The Earl adopted a son from the theater.
(c) The Earl died of the plague.
(d) The Queen had the Earl executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nurse Jenkins tell Nat?
2. What does Arby say was a task he was given?
3. How many books mention the earlier Nat Field?
4. How does Nat feel onstage?
5. Where is Nat in the dream he has?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who arrives at Guy's Hospital and what does the person learn?
2. What do Nat and his aunt Jen decide to do?
3. What is the audience's response to Sam's entrance onstage?
4. What secret does Arby reveal to Nat?
5. How is Sam Gilbourne dressed for his role as Hippolyta?
6. What does Nat think is the reason he and the other Nat were not discovered to be impostors?
7. What do Nat, Gil and Rachel learn about the Nat Field of 1599?
8. What does Nat ask Shakespeare about Nat's choices after St. Paul's and what is Shakespeare's response?
9. What is Nat trying to figure out about his experience over the past week and what does he decide about them?
10. How does Nat please Sam Gilbourne?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)