|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might someone try to harm the Queen at the play?
(a) She just executed several popular people.
(b) She is a tyrant.
(c) She just passed some very restrictive laws.
(d) She is heirless.
2. What part does Sam Gilbourne play?
3. What does Nat hope will happen as he returns to St. Paul's?
(a) He will not be allowed to return to St. Paul's.
(b) No one will realize Nat is not Nat Field.
(c) Something mysterious will happen.
(d) He will be recognized as a talented actor.
4. With what does Burbage paint Nat's body?
(a) A symbol of the actor's guild.
(b) Red paint to represent the devil.
(c) Green leaves.
(d) Egg whites so Nat glimmers.
5. What performance is about to begin at the opening to Chapter 14?
(a) 'A Midsummer Night's Dream".
(b) "Much Ado About Nothing".
(c) "King Lear".
(d) 'As You Like It'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one book Arby gives Nat?
2. What happens when Nat rises higher and higher in his dream?
3. How many books mention the earlier Nat Field?
4. What does Shakespeare say about the show to Burbage and Nat?
5. How did it work that the two Nats were not discovered as being the wrong boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nat's dream that he has in Chapter 16.
2. Why does Nat argue with Arby about Nat's exit and what does Nat do?
3. How is Sam Gilbourne dressed for his role as Hippolyta?
4. What interests the company about Nat and Roper and how does Nick Tooley put Nat into an awkward position?
5. What is Nat trying to figure out about his experience over the past week and what does he decide about them?
6. What does Nat ask Shakespeare about Nat's choices after St. Paul's and what is Shakespeare's response?
7. Why is Nat worried concerning the political situation and Shakespeare and Burbage?
8. What do Nat and his aunt Jen decide to do?
9. How do Gil and Rachel believe Nat Field of 1999 saved Shakespeare's life?
10. Describe Nat, Burbage and Shakespeare's interview with Queen Elizabeth I.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)