|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shakespeare say to keep a secret from the teachers at St. Paul's?
(a) Nat's ten shillings.
(b) That Nat knows Shakespeare.
(c) That Nat's father is dead.
(d) That Nat declined an offer from the Queen.
2. Why does a day laborer flash a sign to ward evil at Nat?
(a) The laborer mistook Nat for someone else.
(b) The laborer thinks Nat is a witch.
(c) The laborer thinks Shakespeare is a warlock.
(d) The laborer does that for good luck.
3. What does Aunt Jen do when she sees Nat?
(a) Nothing as she is not there.
(d) Tousles Nat's hair.
4. What does Nat remember from his history lesson about the Earl of Essex?
(a) The Earl died of the plague.
(c) The Earl adopted a son from the theater.
(d) The Queen had the Earl executed.
5. What does Nat sleep with under his pillow?
(a) A drawing of the Queen.
(b) A translation of King Lear.
(c) Shakespeare's sonnet.
(d) His last tooth that fell out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat reach for under his pillow?
2. Why is Shakespeare nervous as he dresses himself in Chapter 13?
3. How many books mention the earlier Nat Field?
4. Why might someone try to harm the Queen at the play?
5. About what does Shakespeare congratulate Nat?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)