|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what acting group did the earlier Nat Field join?
(a) The Lord of Essex's Company Players.
(b) Lord Chamberlain's Men.
(c) The Queen's Troupe.
(d) The Blackfriar's Boys.
2. What does Nat compare when he is able to go back to rehearsals?
(a) Shakespeare's lines then versus now.
(b) The Globe of the two time periods.
(c) Nothing; there is no comparison.
(d) Each person and their possible counterpart.
3. What does the flag flying over the Globe indicate?
(a) It is flown to show the Globe's loyalty to the Queen.
(b) The flag indicates that the Duke of York is in attendance at the performance.
(c) There will be a performance that afternoon.
(d) The flag indicates that the theater is closed.
4. What does Nat realize must have happened to him?
(a) He fell through a dimensional warp.
(b) He somehow switched places with the Nat Field of the earlier era.
(c) He had a hallucinogenic dream while very ill.
(d) His father must have helped him transport to the earlier era.
5. Where does Jennifer come from to go to Guy's hospital?
(a) South Carolina.
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shakespeare nervous as he dresses himself in Chapter 13?
2. Why is the Nat of the modern era sad?
3. What is one thing that worries Nat?
4. Why is the earlier era Nat kept isolated in the hospital for a week?
5. What happens when Nat rises higher and higher in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interests the company about Nat and Roper and how does Nick Tooley put Nat into an awkward position?
2. What do Nat and his aunt Jen decide to do?
3. How is Sam Gilbourne dressed for his role as Hippolyta?
4. What does Nat ask Shakespeare about returning to St. Paul's and what is Shakespeare's response?
5. How does Nat feel before the performance and how does Shakespeare help Nat with those feelings?
6. What secret does Arby reveal to Nat?
7. In Chapter 12, who arrives at Guy's Hospital and what does the person learn?
8. What is Nat trying to figure out about himself and what are the other apprentices trying to figure out about Nat while they are celebrating at a tavern.
9. What is Nat trying to figure out about his experience over the past week and what does he decide about them?
10. What do Nat, Gil and Rachel learn about the Nat Field of 1599?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)