|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a leading actor in the Lord Chamberlain's Men?
(a) Richard Burbage.
(d) William Shakespeare.
2. Of what does Mistress Fawcett warn Nat?
(a) Not to drink any water that is not boiled.
(b) Not to drink the ale in the pub next door.
(c) To always remove his shoes at the door so as not to disturb Shakespeare.
(d) Not to go out on the streets alone.
3. What class does John Heminges teach?
4. How far is Shakespeare's home from the Globe?
(a) Next door.
(b) Across the street.
(c) Across London.
(d) A few minutes' travel.
5. Who does Arby kick out of the company?
(a) No one.
(b) A boy who is too young to be there.
(c) A boy who refuses to play the games.
(d) A boy who plays a trick on Nat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arby point out to Nat?
2. What part does Gil Warmun play?
3. What do the apprentices eat for lunch?
4. What does Nat realize about the bear?
5. Of what does the Company of Boys comprise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roper conspire to make Nat look bad?
2. What does Roper suggest the boys do and what does Nat feel he must go?
3. What are some of the things that seem different to Nat when he wakes?
4. What does Nat recite for his speaking class and who congratulates him after the recitation?
5. Who arrives at Shakespeare's home and forces his way upstairs to talk about what?
6. How does Nat increase his acting skills, in particular playing the character of Puck?
7. Where does Nat move in Chapter 10 and who shows him around?
8. What amazes Nat about London when he is on his way to the Globe?
9. How were the boys chosen for the Company of Boys?
10. What happens with Nat in Chapter 3?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)