|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Harry?
(a) Nat's understudy.
(b) Nat's father.
(c) Nat's best friend in the United States.
(d) The young boy who greets Nat when Nat awakens.
2. What does Arby point out to Nat?
(a) His sloppy appearance.
(b) His hair color.
(c) His bad acting habits.
(d) His bad haircut.
3. How is Nat feeling when he wakes?
(a) He feels quesy but somewhat better.
(b) He has a bad headache.
(c) As if he is going to die.
(d) No longer ill.
4. Of what does Nat dream?
(a) His dead brother.
(b) Flying high above Earth.
(c) His dead dog.
(d) His parents.
5. What does Gilbourne urge the apprentices to do?
(a) Stay and watch the play and learn from it.
(b) Put the incident of the trapdoor behind them.
(c) Memorize their lines thoroughly.
(d) Get enough sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what theater will the Company perform?
2. Where do some of the boys live when they are in London?
3. Who falls through the trap door at the wrong time?
4. Where is Nat lying semi-delirious in his real time?
5. Where does Nat move in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nat learn about the Globe Theater of 1599?
2. How were the boys chosen for the Company of Boys?
3. What does Arby point out to Nat in the first reading of one play?
4. What amazes Nat about London when he is on his way to the Globe?
5. What happens to Nat at the beginning of the first day of rehearsals on the stage at Globe?
6. How does Nat react to the bear pit?
7. What does Arby forbid the boys to do and how does Nat react to Arby's guidance?
8. Where does Nat move in Chapter 10 and who shows him around?
9. Why does Shakespeare step in between Nat and Roper and what is the consequence of his doing so?
10. What does Nat notice about Eric Sawyer and Gil Warmun as the two other boys are acting?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)