|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose voice sounds somewhat like Elizabethan English?
(d) No one's.
2. What is Shakespeare's company's name?
(a) Globe Actors.
(b) Lord Winpole's Men.
(c) Lord Chamberlain's Men.
(d) Lord Chamberlain's Actors.
3. What part does Gil Warmun play?
4. What does Nurse Stevens do that calms Nat to sleep?
(a) Hums a 16th century lullaby.
(b) Gives him an sleeping pill.
(c) Sings a few lines from a Shakespeare play.
(d) Recites a few lines from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
5. What does Arby point out to Nat?
(a) His bad acting habits.
(b) His hair color.
(c) His sloppy appearance.
(d) His bad haircut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat think is similar to the Globe Theater of 1999?
2. Who intends to give Nat private rehearsal time?
3. Who guides Nat in his dream?
4. How far is Shakespeare's home from the Globe?
5. What does Nat realize about Roper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Nat move in Chapter 10 and who shows him around?
2. What happens to make Nat feel uncomfortable with his fellow actors?
3. With whom does Nat live in London and how does he feel about them?
4. How do Arby and Gill have a small confrontation and what is the result?
5. How were the boys chosen for the Company of Boys?
6. How does Nat respond when Shakespeare calls the group a family and what does Shakespeare do?
7. Why does Shakespeare step in between Nat and Roper and what is the consequence of his doing so?
8. What is the Company of Boys doing in 1999 at the opening of the book?
9. What amazes Nat about London when he is on his way to the Globe?
10. How does Roper conspire to make Nat look bad?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)