Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 months.
2. What class does John Heminges teach?
3. When is the Company of Boys allowed to rehearse at the theater?
(a) Only from 4-6 a.m. weekdays.
(b) Not for several days after their arrival in London.
(c) Only from 10-11:30 p.m. weekdays.
(d) Only on early Saturday and Sunday mornings.
4. Who signals Nat and Harry incorrectly?
(c) No one.
5. How far is Shakespeare's home from the Globe?
(a) A few minutes' travel.
(b) Across London.
(c) Across the street.
(d) Next door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nat run out of the bear pit?
2. Why does Robert doubt Nat's ability?
3. Where do some of the boys live when they are in London?
4. What play is Shakespeare thinking of writing?
5. What does Nat think of some of the games the boys play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nat please Sam Gilbourne?
2. What does Nat notice about Eric Sawyer and Gil Warmun as the two other boys are acting?
3. How were the boys chosen for the Company of Boys?
4. Why is Nat worried concerning the political situation and Shakespeare and Burbage?
5. Describe Nat's dream that he has in Chapter 16.
6. What does Nat think is the reason he and the other Nat were not discovered to be impostors?
7. What does Nat recite for his speaking class and who congratulates him after the recitation?
8. How is Sam Gilbourne dressed for his role as Hippolyta?
9. How do Gil and Rachel believe Nat Field of 1999 saved Shakespeare's life?
10. What is Nat trying to figure out about himself and what are the other apprentices trying to figure out about Nat while they are celebrating at a tavern.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)