|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arby say the boy actors must function?
(a) Like a family.
(b) Like apprentices.
(c) Like teenagers.
(d) Like professionals.
2. Where is Nat lying semi-delirious in his real time?
(a) His room at the Fischer home.
(b) He is not ill any longer.
(c) His room in a London orphanage.
(d) Guy's Hospital.
3. Where is the setting at the opening of Chapter 1?
(d) New York.
4. What is the date of the opening of Chapter 1?
5. What does Gilbourne urge the apprentices to do?
(a) Get enough sleep.
(b) Put the incident of the trapdoor behind them.
(c) Stay and watch the play and learn from it.
(d) Memorize their lines thoroughly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Mistress Fawcett warn Nat?
2. What is the first play the Company of Boys rehearses?
3. Why does Nat fall?
4. Who is Rachel?
5. How are boys selected to be a part of the Company of Boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nat recite for his speaking class and who congratulates him after the recitation?
2. What does Nat learn about an upcoming visit from the Queen and what does he have to do regarding the news?
3. What happens to Nat at the beginning of the first day of rehearsals on the stage at Globe?
4. Who arrives at Shakespeare's home and forces his way upstairs to talk about what?
5. What is the purpose of the games and what does Nat think of some of the games?
6. How does Nat react to the bear pit?
7. What is the Company of Boys doing in 1999 at the opening of the book?
8. Why does Arby kick one of the boys out of the company?
9. How does Nat increase his acting skills, in particular playing the character of Puck?
10. How does Nat respond when Shakespeare calls the group a family and what does Shakespeare do?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)