|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Nat dream?
(a) His parents.
(b) His dead brother.
(c) His dead dog.
(d) Flying high above Earth.
2. Who is Richard Burbage?
(a) The man who schedules the various performances at the globe.
(b) The man with whom Nat and Harry are living.
(c) Nat's aunt's boyfriend.
(d) Nat's father's best friend.
3. What does Nat think of some of the games the boys play?
(a) They are quite fun.
(b) They do not have any purpose.
(c) They are childish.
(d) They are too difficult.
4. What is the date of the opening of Chapter 1?
5. Why does Nat become uncomfortable with the group's conversation?
(a) They talk about the South in a derogatory manner.
(b) They say unkind things about Arby.
(c) They say unkind things about Rachel.
(d) It comes out that his parents are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Fischer become worried?
2. What does Nurse Stevens do that calms Nat to sleep?
3. How are boys selected to be a part of the Company of Boys?
4. Why does Nat run out of the bear pit?
5. Who denies any wrongdoing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nat learn about the Globe Theater of 1599?
2. What happens to Nat at the beginning of the first day of rehearsals on the stage at Globe?
3. What does Arby point out to Nat in the first reading of one play?
4. How were the boys chosen for the Company of Boys?
5. What does Arby forbid the boys to do and how does Nat react to Arby's guidance?
6. What happens to the Nat who is now in 1999?
7. How is Nat different from the other apprentices and to what do the apprentices attribute the differences?
8. What is the Company of Boys doing in 1999 at the opening of the book?
9. How does Nat make things good between himself and Roper?
10. Where do the apprentices go after classes?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)