|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat find comforting even in the heat of an argument?
(a) Harry's guidance.
(b) The sound of stage directions from Arby.
(c) Shakespeare's voice.
2. How is Nat feeling when he wakes?
(a) He feels quesy but somewhat better.
(b) He has a bad headache.
(c) No longer ill.
(d) As if he is going to die.
3. What was Nat's father's occupation?
4. How far is Shakespeare's home from the Globe?
(a) Across the street.
(b) A few minutes' travel.
(c) Next door.
(d) Across London.
5. What is the date of the opening of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intends to give Nat private rehearsal time?
2. What does the person who greets Nat say he feared about Nat?
3. How does Gil Warmun carry himself on stage?
4. With whom does Nat live?
5. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Nat at the beginning of the first day of rehearsals on the stage at Globe?
2. How were the boys chosen for the Company of Boys?
3. What does Nat notice about Eric Sawyer and Gil Warmun as the two other boys are acting?
4. How is Nat different from the other apprentices and to what do the apprentices attribute the differences?
5. Where do the apprentices go after classes?
6. What amazes Nat about London when he is on his way to the Globe?
7. What are some of the things that seem different to Nat when he wakes?
8. Where does Nat wake in the beginning of Chapter 4?
9. What does Nat learn about an upcoming visit from the Queen and what does he have to do regarding the news?
10. What is the purpose of the games and what does Nat think of some of the games?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)