|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who quit the acting company in a dramatic fashion?
(c) No one.
(d) Will Kempe.
2. Why does Nat run out of the bear pit?
(a) The blood triggers a membory.
(b) He does not run out.
(c) He hates seeing the dogs killed.
(d) He hates seeing the bear get hurt.
3. When is the Company of Boys allowed to rehearse at the theater?
(a) Not for several days after their arrival in London.
(b) Only from 10-11:30 p.m. weekdays.
(c) Only from 4-6 a.m. weekdays.
(d) Only on early Saturday and Sunday mornings.
4. Where is Nat when he wakes in Chapter 4?
(a) In his bed at the Jones' household.
(b) In a theater in Paris.
(c) In a different bed from that at the Fisher's.
(d) Back in his bed at his aunt's house in the United States.
5. What does Nurse Stevens do that calms Nat to sleep?
(a) Hums a 16th century lullaby.
(b) Gives him an sleeping pill.
(c) Sings a few lines from a Shakespeare play.
(d) Recites a few lines from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richard Burbage resemble in Nat's mind?
2. What was Nat's father's occupation?
3. Of what does the Company of Boys comprise?
4. What does Arby point out to Nat?
5. Who was Nat nervous about meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nat react to the bear pit?
2. What happens to Nat at the beginning of the first day of rehearsals on the stage at Globe?
3. What does Nat ask Shakespeare about returning to St. Paul's and what is Shakespeare's response?
4. Why does Nat argue with Arby about Nat's exit and what does Nat do?
5. Why is Nat worried concerning the political situation and Shakespeare and Burbage?
6. What is the purpose of the games and what does Nat think of some of the games?
7. How is Nat different from the other apprentices and to what do the apprentices attribute the differences?
8. How does Nat feel about being in the late 16th century and how does Roper make it even worse?
9. What happens to the Nat who is now in 1999?
10. How do Gil and Rachel respond to Nat's story about his time in 1599?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)