|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops an altercation between Roper and Nat?
(d) Shakespeare and another actor.
2. How is Nat feeling when he wakes?
(a) As if he is going to die.
(b) He has a bad headache.
(c) He feels quesy but somewhat better.
(d) No longer ill.
3. Why does Robert doubt Nat's ability?
(a) Because Nat slips on his first attempt.
(b) Because Nat is so short.
(c) Because Nat is so tall.
(d) Because Nat is merely a St. Paul's boy.
4. Where is Nat lying semi-delirious in his real time?
(a) His room in a London orphanage.
(b) His room at the Fischer home.
(c) Guy's Hospital.
(d) He is not ill any longer.
5. What is one of the plays being rehearsed?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) As You Like It.
(d) Julius Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nat when he wakes in Chapter 4?
2. Where is the setting at the opening of Chapter 1?
3. How can the boys afford to go to the bear pit?
4. When is the Company of Boys allowed to rehearse at the theater?
5. Who offers to let Nat live with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roper suggest the boys do and what does Nat feel he must go?
2. What is the Company of Boys doing in 1999 at the opening of the book?
3. What does Arby point out to Nat in the first reading of one play?
4. What is the purpose of the games and what does Nat think of some of the games?
5. Where does Nat wake in the beginning of Chapter 4?
6. With whom does Nat live in London and how does he feel about them?
7. How does Nat respond when Shakespeare calls the group a family and what does Shakespeare do?
8. What does Nat learn about an upcoming visit from the Queen and what does he have to do regarding the news?
9. What happens to make Nat feel uncomfortable with his fellow actors?
10. How does Nat react to the bear pit?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)