|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nat become uncomfortable with the group's conversation?
(a) It comes out that his parents are dead.
(b) They talk about the South in a derogatory manner.
(c) They say unkind things about Arby.
(d) They say unkind things about Rachel.
2. What does Nat notice about Harry's speech?
(a) It sounds like a Southern accent from the United States.
(b) Harry has a lisp.
(c) The words are difficult to understand.
(d) He does not know much of the vocabularly Harry uses.
3. Why does Robert doubt Nat's ability?
(a) Because Nat is so short.
(b) Because Nat is merely a St. Paul's boy.
(c) Because Nat slips on his first attempt.
(d) Because Nat is so tall.
4. Where is the setting at the opening of Chapter 1?
(d) New York.
5. Who quit the acting company in a dramatic fashion?
(b) No one.
(d) Will Kempe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel?
2. Who offers to let Nat live with him?
3. Who is Mistress Fawcett?
4. Of what does Nat dream?
5. What does Nat find comforting even in the heat of an argument?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Nat different from the other apprentices and to what do the apprentices attribute the differences?
2. What does Nat learn about the Globe Theater of 1599?
3. What happens to Nat at the beginning of the first day of rehearsals on the stage at Globe?
4. Why does Shakespeare step in between Nat and Roper and what is the consequence of his doing so?
5. How does Nat feel about being in the late 16th century and how does Roper make it even worse?
6. What is the Company of Boys doing in 1999 at the opening of the book?
7. What happens to the Nat who is now in 1999?
8. What is happening to the Nat that is transported to 1999?
9. How were the boys chosen for the Company of Boys?
10. What does Nat notice about Eric Sawyer and Gil Warmun as the two other boys are acting?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)