|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the Company of Boys allowed to rehearse at the theater?
(a) Not for several days after their arrival in London.
(b) Only from 4-6 a.m. weekdays.
(c) Only on early Saturday and Sunday mornings.
(d) Only from 10-11:30 p.m. weekdays.
2. What do the nurses fail to notice about Nat?
(a) That he is speaking French.
(b) That he looks and sounds different from other boys his age.
(c) That he is using vocabularly that is not used in the late 20th century.
(d) That he has a different eye color than the boy brought in.
3. What does Nat say as to how his father died?
(c) Car accident.
(d) Plane accident.
4. What is the name of Shakespeare's son?
5. What is Shakespeare's company's name?
(a) Globe Actors.
(b) Lord Winpole's Men.
(c) Lord Chamberlain's Men.
(d) Lord Chamberlain's Actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part does Gil Warmun play?
2. What does Nat notice about Harry's speech?
3. With what does the doctor on duty believe Nat suffers?
4. Why does Nat run out of the bear pit?
5. Who does Arby kick out of the company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the apprentices go after classes?
2. How does Nat respond when Shakespeare calls the group a family and what does Shakespeare do?
3. How does Nat react to the bear pit?
4. How does Nat feel about being in the late 16th century and how does Roper make it even worse?
5. How does Nat make things good between himself and Roper?
6. What does Arby forbid the boys to do and how does Nat react to Arby's guidance?
7. How is Nat different from the other apprentices and to what do the apprentices attribute the differences?
8. What happens to the Nat who is now in 1999?
9. What does Arby point out to Nat in the first reading of one play?
10. What happens with Nat in Chapter 3?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)