|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat hear as he is going to practice on his first day?
(a) Distant music.
(b) Big Ben striking the hour.
(c) The sound of horses clopping along.
(d) A wolf howling.
2. Why does Nat become uncomfortable with the group's conversation?
(a) They say unkind things about Arby.
(b) It comes out that his parents are dead.
(c) They say unkind things about Rachel.
(d) They talk about the South in a derogatory manner.
3. What does Nat forbid any of the boys to see?
(a) Any other performances at the Globe.
(b) Any plays that would be unfit for young boys.
(d) Some of the seamier sides of London.
4. Why does Nat run out of the bear pit?
(a) He hates seeing the bear get hurt.
(b) He does not run out.
(c) The blood triggers a membory.
(d) He hates seeing the dogs killed.
5. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play will be performed in the afternoon?
2. Who is Harry?
3. What seems louder to Nat?
4. How does Nat feel in this time period?
5. Who is a leading actor in the Lord Chamberlain's Men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to the Nat that is transported to 1999?
2. What is the Company of Boys doing in 1999 at the opening of the book?
3. Where do the apprentices go after classes?
4. How does Nat make things good between himself and Roper?
5. Who arrives at Shakespeare's home and forces his way upstairs to talk about what?
6. What does Nat notice about Eric Sawyer and Gil Warmun as the two other boys are acting?
7. How does Nat react to the bear pit?
8. What happens to Nat at the beginning of the first day of rehearsals on the stage at Globe?
9. What amazes Nat about London when he is on his way to the Globe?
10. How were the boys chosen for the Company of Boys?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)