|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the doctor on duty believe Nat suffers?
(a) Bubonic plague.
(b) Typhoid fever.
2. How does Gil Warmun carry himself on stage?
(a) Like a beggar.
(b) Like a real-life king.
(c) Like a clown.
(d) Like an old man.
3. What class does John Heminges teach?
4. Where is the setting at the opening of Chapter 1?
(c) New York.
5. What does the person who greets Nat say he feared about Nat?
(a) That he was suffering from the plague.
(b) That Nat would die.
(c) That Nat would turn him in for missing rehearsal.
(d) That Nat was a spy from the king's court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school does Harry say Nat attends?
2. What happens when Nat and the other boys are running to practice?
3. Whose voice sounds somewhat like Elizabethan English?
4. What is the name of Shakespeare's son?
5. What does Nat fight as the days go by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the apprentices go after classes?
2. How does Nat feel about being in the late 16th century and how does Roper make it even worse?
3. How does Nat increase his acting skills, in particular playing the character of Puck?
4. What happens to Nat at the beginning of the first day of rehearsals on the stage at Globe?
5. What is the purpose of the games and what does Nat think of some of the games?
6. Why does Shakespeare step in between Nat and Roper and what is the consequence of his doing so?
7. What is happening to the Nat that is transported to 1999?
8. What does Nat learn about an upcoming visit from the Queen and what does he have to do regarding the news?
9. How does Nat react to the bear pit?
10. What does Nat learn about the Globe Theater of 1599?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)