|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the plays being rehearsed?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) As You Like It.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
2. With whom does Nat live?
(a) The Jones family.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His aunt in her penthouse in Trafalgar Square.
(d) The Fisher family.
3. Why does Arby make the boys play the games?
(a) To see which ones are the leaders.
(b) To build trust and become acquainted.
(c) As a means of asserting his control over the boys.
(d) To give them a break from serious work.
4. Of what does Nat dream?
(a) His dead dog.
(b) His dead brother.
(c) His parents.
(d) Flying high above Earth.
5. What does Mistress Fawcett say about Shakespeare when he is working upstairs?
(a) Shakespeare often has others come and join him upstairs and they are not to be disturbed.
(b) Shakespeare is not to be disturbed.
(c) Shakespeare often buys flowers and tips her well.
(d) Shakespeare often makes strange noises and to ignore that.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the apprentices eat for lunch?
2. Who signals Nat and Harry incorrectly?
3. How are boys selected to be a part of the Company of Boys?
4. How many members are in the Company of Boys?
5. To where will the Company go after this location?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the boys chosen for the Company of Boys?
2. How does Nat please Sam Gilbourne?
3. What does Shakespeare tell Nat about soldiers in the theater and what happens with that situation?
4. Why is Nat worried concerning the political situation and Shakespeare and Burbage?
5. Where do the apprentices go after classes?
6. What interests the company about Nat and Roper and how does Nick Tooley put Nat into an awkward position?
7. What do Nat and his aunt Jen decide to do?
8. Describe Nat's dream that he has in Chapter 16.
9. What does Nat recite for his speaking class and who congratulates him after the recitation?
10. How do Arby and Gill have a small confrontation and what is the result?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)