|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Arby?
(a) The lead actor.
(b) The oldest teen.
(c) The company's owner.
(d) The company director.
2. Who is Sam Gilbourne?
(a) The Queen's chamberlain.
(b) The senior apprentice.
(c) The theater owner.
(d) The cook at the Globe.
3. What seems louder to Nat?
(a) The creak of the stage boards.
(b) The actors reading their lines.
(c) The noise level of Elizabethan England.
(d) The sounds from the orchestra pit.
4. Who is Harry?
(a) The young boy who greets Nat when Nat awakens.
(b) Nat's best friend in the United States.
(c) Nat's father.
(d) Nat's understudy.
5. Why does Nat run out of the bear pit?
(a) He hates seeing the dogs killed.
(b) The blood triggers a membory.
(c) He hates seeing the bear get hurt.
(d) He does not run out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to let Nat live with him?
2. Who falls through the trap door at the wrong time?
3. With what does the doctor on duty believe Nat suffers?
4. Of what does Mistress Fawcett warn Nat?
5. How can the boys afford to go to the bear pit?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Nat live in London and how does he feel about them?
2. What is the purpose of the games and what does Nat think of some of the games?
3. Where does Nat move in Chapter 10 and who shows him around?
4. How does Nat react to the bear pit?
5. What does Nat learn about an upcoming visit from the Queen and what does he have to do regarding the news?
6. Who arrives at Shakespeare's home and forces his way upstairs to talk about what?
7. How do Arby and Gill have a small confrontation and what is the result?
8. How were the boys chosen for the Company of Boys?
9. What happens with Nat in Chapter 3?
10. How is Nat different from the other apprentices and to what do the apprentices attribute the differences?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)