|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a leading actor in the Lord Chamberlain's Men?
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) Richard Burbage.
2. What was Nat's father's occupation?
3. Who is Rachel?
(a) Nat's girlfriend.
(b) Nat's sister.
(c) Arby's daughter.
(d) Arby's assistant.
4. Where does Nat move in Chapter 10?
(b) An orphanage.
(c) Shakespeare's home.
(d) He stays where he has been living.
5. With whom does Nat live?
(a) The Fisher family.
(b) His aunt in her penthouse in Trafalgar Square.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) The Jones family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat think of some of the games the boys play?
2. Who is quite animated when acting?
3. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
4. What part does Gil Warmun play?
5. Who does Richard Burbage resemble in Nat's mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to make Nat feel uncomfortable with his fellow actors?
2. What does Nat notice about Eric Sawyer and Gil Warmun as the two other boys are acting?
3. How do Arby and Gill have a small confrontation and what is the result?
4. How is Nat different from the other apprentices and to what do the apprentices attribute the differences?
5. What happens to Nat at the beginning of the first day of rehearsals on the stage at Globe?
6. Why does Shakespeare step in between Nat and Roper and what is the consequence of his doing so?
7. Who arrives at Shakespeare's home and forces his way upstairs to talk about what?
8. Where does Nat move in Chapter 10 and who shows him around?
9. What does Arby forbid the boys to do and how does Nat react to Arby's guidance?
10. How does Nat increase his acting skills, in particular playing the character of Puck?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)