|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Fischer become worried?
(a) Nat's fever worsens during the night.
(b) Nat has not returned there after rehearsal.
(c) Gil is quite ill.
(d) Arby has told them about Nat's parents.
2. What does Nat notice about Harry's speech?
(a) Harry has a lisp.
(b) It sounds like a Southern accent from the United States.
(c) The words are difficult to understand.
(d) He does not know much of the vocabularly Harry uses.
3. Why does Nat fall?
(a) A boy trips him.
(b) He gets dizzy.
(c) The trap door was open.
(d) A stage prop was not moved?
4. For what skills does Arby particularly admire Nat?
(b) Piano playing.
5. Who falls through the trap door at the wrong time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arby point out to Nat?
2. How many members are in the Company of Boys?
3. What do the apprentices eat for lunch?
4. How does Gil Warmun carry himself on stage?
5. With whom does Nat live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Nat awaken in Chapter 17 and what does he find out?
2. What does Harry explain to Nat about the political climate of that time?
3. What interests the company about Nat and Roper and how does Nick Tooley put Nat into an awkward position?
4. How do Gil and Rachel respond to Nat's story about his time in 1599?
5. What is the purpose of the games and what does Nat think of some of the games?
6. How were the boys chosen for the Company of Boys?
7. Why does Arby kick one of the boys out of the company?
8. How does Nat please Sam Gilbourne?
9. What does Nat learn about an upcoming visit from the Queen and what does he have to do regarding the news?
10. What happens with Nat in Chapter 3?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)