|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Minnie when she died?
2. What item of Anna's was found at the murder scene and was given to Anna's mother?
3. The county prosecutor requested an exhumation of Anna's body in order to look for what piece of evidence?
4. How long after Barney McBride's murder was Henry Roan's body found?
5. When the Osage land auction record rose to nearly $14 million, a reporter remarked in an article, "The Osage Indians are becoming so rich that" (76) what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the actions of Operative No. 46 demonstrate the author's claim that "this was what Sherlock Holmes stories left out--the tedium of real detective work, the false leads and dead ends" (61)?
2. Describe the racism inherent in the assignment of guardians to the Osage people subsequent to the discovery of oil beneath reservation land.
3. How is the theme of racism inherent in the appointment of financial guardians to some Osage people?
4. To whom does Chronicle Two's title The Evidence Man refer and how does its title set up a comparison between Mollie and the "evidence" man (101)?
5. What attempts did Bill and Rita Smith make to keep themselves safe from the rash of murders happening among the Osage?
6. What is the symbolism of Anna's alligator purse?
7. How does the theme of the fight against oppression emerge within John Palmer's interactions with Charles Curtis?
8. How does Mollie's life and personality change as a result of the Osage Reign of Terror?
9. How did the acting sheriff of Osage County, Harve M. Freas, react to the news of Anna's murder and what is the significance of his reaction?
10. Why were the people of the Osage tribe already on high alert by the time Anna disappeared?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of family bonds and how the theme is portrayed within the book Killers of the Flower Moon.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of corruption within the book Killers of the Flower Moon. What is Grann telling the reader about the nature of corruption, about the harm that it can inflict, and about the methods people can use to combat corruption?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the book's title. What is the author's purpose in naming both the origin of the FBI and the Osage murders as topics within the book's title? How does the title connect to themes present within the book?
This section contains 1,552 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)