|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chronicle Three: The Reporter, Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that "a court record noted that [H.G.] Burt had run" (260) what kind of business targeting the Osage?
(a) A car dealership.
(b) A loan business.
(c) A casino.
(d) A furrier.
2. How long after Barney McBride's murder was Henry Roan's body found?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two months.
3. Which one of Tom White's brothers was gunned down when he went to arrest a pair of deserters in East Texas?
4. Who was the first person to suspect that Lizzie had been murdered using poison?
(a) Charles Whitehorn.
(b) Tom White.
(c) Bill Smith.
(d) Rita Smith.
5. When the gas station worker revealed to the undercover operative that she knew who had set William Hale's fields on fire, whom did she name as the culprit?
(a) Dudley White.
(b) William Hale.
(c) Bill Smith.
(d) Bryan Burkhart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose headright had William Hale tried to purchase prior to the owner's death?
2. What is NOT one thing Mollie said in defense of her husband Ernest at the time of his arrest?
3. The author proclaims that the more mysterious deaths "exposed the secret history of the Reign of Terror: the evil of Hale was not" (274) a what?
4. How old was Minnie when she died?
5. Under what natural feature did the auctioneer stand when conducting the Osage land auctions?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)