|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chronicle Three: The Reporter, Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that when William Hale turned himself in to Sheriff Freas, he looked as if he were going where?
(a) To a formal party.
(b) To heaven.
(c) To his execution.
(d) To church.
2. Who was the only one to survive the bombing of the Smiths' home, but only lived for four days?
(a) Nettie Brookshire.
(b) Rita Smith.
(c) Bill Smith.
(d) Mollie Burkhart.
3. In what decade did the U.S. government forcibly move the Osage tribe from their land in Kansas?
4. Who served as a guardian to both Anna and Lizzie before their deaths?
(a) David Shoun.
(b) Scott Mathis.
(c) Ernest Burkhart.
(d) William Hale.
5. In what organization did Tom White enlist when he was 24?
(a) The Texas Rangers.
(b) The Anti-Indian Militia.
(c) The Masons.
(d) The Daughters of the American Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soon after the grand jury proceedings against William Hale began, one of his "cronies" (200), who also happened to be a pastor, was charged with committing what crime?
2. What method did Tom White's father use to execute a criminal while his son Tom White watched?
3. How old was Minnie when she died?
4. What Biblical reference did a government inspector make during his plea to Congress asking them to take greater control over the Osage people and their money?
5. Whom did Ernest Burkhart name as Anna's murderer?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)