|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chronicle Two: The Evidence Man, Chapters 18-21 and Chronicle Three: The Reporter, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method was used by Henry Roan's murderer?
2. What happened after Bill Smith confided in several people that he was getting somewhere with his detective work?
(a) He was set on fire.
(b) He went missing and was eventually declared dead.
(c) His house was bombed.
(d) He was shot.
3. Which of the following was an action the lawmen took upon finding Anna's body?
(a) Took photographs of the scene.
(b) Made a cast impression of the tire tracks.
(c) Dusted the whiskey bottle for fingerprints.
(d) Detected tire marks in the soil.
4. What prompted Tom White to come to Washington, D.C.?
(a) He was interested in pursuing a political career.
(b) J. Edgar Hoover summoned him.
(c) He tracked the murderer to the area.
(d) Sheriff Freas summoned him.
5. What item did Mollie and her family place within Anna's coffin on the day of her funeral, in keeping with Osage beliefs?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Anna's murder did her mother Lizzie die of a "peculiar wasting illness" (35)?
2. What caliber pistol was used to kill both Charles Whitehorn and Anna Brown?
3. In what year did Mollie and Henry marry?
4. When the Osage land auction record rose to nearly $14 million, a reporter remarked in an article, "The Osage Indians are becoming so rich that" (76) what?
5. When Ernest Burkhart finally decided to talk, who did he demand to speak to during his confession?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)