|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chronicle Two: The Evidence Man, Chapters 18-21 and Chronicle Three: The Reporter, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the justice of the peace to stop convening inquests into the latest Osage murders in 1923?
(a) He received anonymous threats.
(b) He lost interest in the case.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He was bribed.
2. What prompted Tom White to come to Washington, D.C.?
(a) J. Edgar Hoover summoned him.
(b) He was interested in pursuing a political career.
(c) Sheriff Freas summoned him.
(d) He tracked the murderer to the area.
3. Who served as a guardian to both Anna and Lizzie before their deaths?
(a) Scott Mathis.
(b) William Hale.
(c) Ernest Burkhart.
(d) David Shoun.
4. What was found to be the cause of death in W.W. Vaughn's murder?
(a) A gunshot to the head.
(b) A broken neck.
(d) Blunt force trauma.
5. With whom was Anna riding in a car the final time Mollie saw Anna alive?
(a) Ernest Burkhart.
(b) Bryan Burkhart.
(c) William Hale.
(d) Charles Whitehorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what time period did police departments emerge in the United States?
2. What was Kelsie Morrison's answer when he was asked what he had done directly after shooting Anna in the head?
3. How much insurance money was collected upon the burning of William Hale's fields?
4. Whose headright had William Hale tried to purchase prior to the owner's death?
5. In the spring of 1925, J. Edgar Hoover fired many Bureau of Investigation agents in San Francisco for what transgression?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)