|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chronicle Two: The Evidence Man, Chapters 12-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harve M. Freas was the sheriff of what county at the time of Anna's death?
(a) Roger Mills County.
(b) Canadian County.
(c) Okfuskee County.
(d) Osage County.
2. In the spring of 1925, J. Edgar Hoover fired many Bureau of Investigation agents in San Francisco for what transgression?
(a) Engaging in extramarital affairs.
(b) Smoking cigars.
(c) Drinking liquor.
(d) Visiting speakeasies.
3. How old was Minnie when she died?
4. In which settlement did Mollie and her family live within the Osage reservation?
(c) Gray Horse.
5. About what issue did Tom White and J. Edgar Hoover strongly disagree?
(a) The trustworthiness of informers.
(b) The ways in which laymen should speak to the public.
(c) William Hale's level of involvement in the Osage murders.
(d) The recognition of regional differences in agent assignments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentence did Henry Grammer receive after he "gunned down a sheepshearer" (87) in Montana in 1904?
2. William Hale once said, "I, like many other good men, believed it would be only a short time until Congress would pass a law" (160) that permitted what practice?
3. When the gas station worker revealed to the undercover operative that she knew who had set William Hale's fields on fire, whom did she name as the culprit?
4. What is NOT one role the author names when describing Henry Grammer?
5. In what location of Kansas were the Osage forced to settle once they had been forcibly removed from their ancestral lands in Oklahoma?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)