|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chronicle One: The Marked Woman, Chapters 6-7 and Chronicle Two: The Evidence Man, Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was listed as the beneficiary on Henry Roan's $25,000 life insurance policy?
(a) William Hale.
(b) Tom White.
(c) Ernest Burkhart.
(d) Cynthia Roan.
2. What caliber pistol was used to kill both Charles Whitehorn and Anna Brown?
3. What writer does the author quote when he writes that the age described in the narrative "was a time marked" (77) by an author who called it "the greatest, gaudiest spree in history"? (77)
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
4. What fact made the authorities certain that W.W. Vaughn's disappearance from his train was the result of foul play?
(a) W.W. Vaughn's luggage was still on the train.
(b) A ransom note was left on his train seat.
(c) Poison residue was found in his drink glass.
(d) There was broken glass and blood on his train seat.
5. What sentence did Henry Grammer receive after he "gunned down a sheepshearer" (87) in Montana in 1904?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Twenty-five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was an action the lawmen took upon finding Anna's body?
2. What item did Mollie and her family place within Anna's coffin on the day of her funeral, in keeping with Osage beliefs?
3. With whom was Anna riding in a car the final time Mollie saw Anna alive?
4. In what year did Mollie and Henry marry?
5. In what year was the Louisiana Purchase enacted, "which contained lands dominated by the Osage" (37)?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)