|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chronicle One: The Marked Woman, Chapters 6-7 and Chronicle Two: The Evidence Man, Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence did Henry Grammer receive after he "gunned down a sheepshearer" (87) in Montana in 1904?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
2. How long after Anna's murder did her mother Lizzie die of a "peculiar wasting illness" (35)?
(a) Less than two weeks.
(b) Less than three months.
(c) Less than two months.
(d) Less than one month.
3. Which of the following was an action the lawmen took upon finding Anna's body?
(a) Detected tire marks in the soil.
(b) Dusted the whiskey bottle for fingerprints.
(c) Made a cast impression of the tire tracks.
(d) Took photographs of the scene.
4. When a new law was enacted that deemed Osage people with guardians as "restricted" (79) from that point forward, what did that mean about their situation?
(a) They could not shop in stores outside of the reservation.
(b) They could not have access to cash.
(c) They could not spend more than a few thousand dollars annually.
(d) They could not marry white spouses.
5. In which settlement did Mollie and her family live within the Osage reservation?
(c) Gray Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality nearly always led an Osage person to be appointed a white financial guardian?
2. In what year did Tom White join the Bureau of Investigation?
3. What item of Anna's was found at the murder scene and was given to Anna's mother?
4. What was Anna's late sister's official cause of death?
5. Who was Mollie's appointed financial guardian?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)