|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decade was a writer of the age referring to when calling it "the greatest, gaudiest spree in history" (77)?
(a) The 1870s.
(b) The 1930s.
(c) The 1890s.
(d) The 1920s.
2. What promise did William Hale make to Mollie after the bombing of Bill and Rita Smith's home, resulting in their murders?
(a) He promised to move away from the reservation.
(b) He promised to pay for the renovation of the Smiths' former home.
(c) He promised to adopt the Smiths' children.
(d) He promised to avenge her family's murders.
3. During what time period did police departments emerge in the United States?
(a) In the early nineteenth century.
(b) In the early twentieth century.
(c) In the late nineteenth century.
(d) In the mid-nineteenth century.
4. What did the sheriff of Osage County do once he was notified that Anna's body had been found?
(a) He notified Anna's family about the discovery of her body.
(b) He went to the scene to take photographs.
(c) He sent one of his deputies to collect evidence.
(d) He called the FBI.
5. What sentence did Henry Grammer receive after he "gunned down a sheepshearer" (87) in Montana in 1904?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Osage refer to which month as "the time of the flower-killing moon" (5)?
2. What was the name of Mollie's husband?
3. How long after Anna's murder did her mother Lizzie die of a "peculiar wasting illness" (35)?
4. What quality nearly always led an Osage person to be appointed a white financial guardian?
5. How old was Henry Roan at the time of his murder?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)