|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chronicle Three: The Reporter, Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the gas station worker revealed to the undercover operative that she knew who had set William Hale's fields on fire, whom did she name as the culprit?
(a) William Hale.
(b) Bill Smith.
(c) Bryan Burkhart.
(d) Dudley White.
2. What was Martha Vaughan's reaction to the author's findings regarding W.W. Vaughn?
(a) She called the local police.
(b) She murmured W.W. Vaughan's name.
(c) She shuddered.
(d) She sobbed.
3. In what year did Tom White join the Bureau of Investigation?
4. What happened to prevent the hired gunman from killing Katherine Cole?
(a) William Hale stabbed him to death.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He decided not to go through with it and then told the police about the plot.
5. What was Kelsie Morrison's answer when he was asked what he had done directly after shooting Anna in the head?
(a) He said he had succumbed to a nervous breakdown.
(b) He said he had gone to the bar to celebrate.
(c) He said he had gone home and had eaten supper.
(d) He said he had become frozen with fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was George Bigheart's headright passed down upon his death?
2. William Hale once said, "I, like many other good men, believed it would be only a short time until Congress would pass a law" (160) that permitted what practice?
3. What quality nearly always led an Osage person to be appointed a white financial guardian?
4. How old was Henry Roan at the time of his murder?
5. At what type of establishment in Pawhuska did the author find the manuscript detailing Mary Lewis's murder?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)