|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Henry Roan have at the time of his murder?
2. In what month and year did the justice of the peace close his inquiries into Anna's murder?
(a) July 1921.
(b) November 1927.
(c) October 1923.
(d) May 1918.
3. What caused the justice of the peace to stop convening inquests into the latest Osage murders in 1923?
(a) He was bribed.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He lost interest in the case.
(d) He received anonymous threats.
4. The author states that the Osage have long been linked to what type of fine art?
(b) Basket Weaving.
(d) Classical dance.
5. Once Tom White realized that corrupt white citizens would not implicate one another, what group did he turn to next in his quest to solve the Osage murders?
(a) Restricted Osage tribe members.
(b) Unrestricted Osage tribe members.
(c) The guardians of the restricted Osage tribe members.
(d) The white outlaws of the Osage Hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was George Bigheart's daughter's financial guardian and thus controlled her headright money?
2. Before joining the Justice Department, J. Edgar Hoover had been a clerk at what location?
3. In what year did Mary Lewis disappear?
4. Who was the only one to survive the bombing of the Smiths' home, but only lived for four days?
5. In what year was the Louisiana Purchase enacted, "which contained lands dominated by the Osage" (37)?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)