|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chronicle Three: The Reporter, Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was NOT one of the categories assessed on the Bureau of Investigation's Efficiency Rating sheets?
(c) Personal Appearance.
2. Just before W.W. Vaughn left his house for the last time, to whom did he give information about hidden evidence and money?
(a) His wife.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) His brother.
(d) His servant.
3. Which two people did Bill Smith name as his only two enemies as he lay upon his deathbed?
(a) George Bigheart and William Hale.
(b) Rita Smith and Mollie Burkhart.
(c) Ernest Burkhart and George Bigheart.
(d) William Hale and Ernest Burkhart.
4. How was the woman who compiled the manuscript detailing Mary Lewis's murder, Anna Marie Jefferson, related to Mary Lewis?
(a) Anna Marie Jefferson was the third cousin, twice removed, of Mary Lewis.
(b) Anna Marie Jefferson was the great-great-grand-niece of Mary Lewis.
(c) Anna Marie Jefferson was the great-grandniece of Mary Lewis.
(d) Anna Marie Jefferson was the great-great-granddaughter of Mary Lewis.
5. What was the name of Mollie's husband?
(a) Ernest Burkhart.
(b) William Hale.
(c) Charles Whitehorn.
(d) Harve Freas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Anna's murder did her mother Lizzie die of a "peculiar wasting illness" (35)?
2. What changed William Hale's initial reaction to the news that his case would have to be tried in state court?
3. What item did Mollie and her family place within Anna's coffin on the day of her funeral, in keeping with Osage beliefs?
4. How many times per year were Osage land auctions held?
5. What reason did Henry Roan's widow give for not drinking the whiskey brought to her by William Hale?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)