|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chronicle Two: The Evidence Man, Chapters 12-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Osage land auction record rose to nearly $14 million, a reporter remarked in an article, "The Osage Indians are becoming so rich that" (76) what?
(a) They would soon be able to leave the country altogether.
(b) Their lives were now worth nothing.
(c) Something would have to be done about it.
(d) They were in danger of overstepping their bounds.
2. What was NOT one of the categories assessed on the Bureau of Investigation's Efficiency Rating sheets?
(a) Personal Appearance.
3. How old was Minnie when she died?
4. What reason did Henry Roan's widow give for not drinking the whiskey brought to her by William Hale?
(a) She dropped it on the ground and broke it.
(b) She was afraid it was poisoned.
(c) She spurned the use of alcohol.
(d) She needed a gift to bring to her neighbor, so she gave it away.
5. William Hale once said, "I, like many other good men, believed it would be only a short time until Congress would pass a law" (160) that permitted what practice?
(a) Gambling on reservation lands.
(b) Alcohol sales on reservation lands.
(c) The sale of headrights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the sitting U.S. president when the Louisiana Purchase was enacted?
2. How many days did the Schoun brothers determine had passed between the time of Anna's murder and the finding of her body?
3. What caliber pistol was used to kill both Charles Whitehorn and Anna Brown?
4. What is NOT one role the author names when describing Henry Grammer?
5. Within how many years of the Louisiana Purchase were the Osage forced by the U.S. government to "relinquish their territory between the Arkansas River and the Missouri River" (37)?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)