|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chronicle Two: The Evidence Man, Chapters 12-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Mollie turn when the local officials expressed little interest in investigating Anna's murder?
(a) Tom White.
(b) Harve Freas.
(c) William Hale.
(d) Ernest Burkhart.
2. How old was Tom White when his mother died?
3. William Hale once said, "I, like many other good men, believed it would be only a short time until Congress would pass a law" (160) that permitted what practice?
(a) The sale of headrights.
(b) Gambling on reservation lands.
(d) Alcohol sales on reservation lands.
4. When the Osage land auction record rose to nearly $14 million, a reporter remarked in an article, "The Osage Indians are becoming so rich that" (76) what?
(a) They were in danger of overstepping their bounds.
(b) Something would have to be done about it.
(c) They would soon be able to leave the country altogether.
(d) Their lives were now worth nothing.
5. What fact made the authorities certain that W.W. Vaughn's disappearance from his train was the result of foul play?
(a) W.W. Vaughn's luggage was still on the train.
(b) Poison residue was found in his drink glass.
(c) There was broken glass and blood on his train seat.
(d) A ransom note was left on his train seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade did the U.S. government forcibly move the Osage tribe from their land in Kansas?
2. In what organization did Tom White enlist when he was 24?
3. What promise did William Hale make to Mollie after the bombing of Bill and Rita Smith's home, resulting in their murders?
4. In what year was the law enacted that deemed Osage people with financial guardians as "restricted" (79)?
5. What was found to be the cause of death in W.W. Vaughn's murder?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)